October 30, 2014 | 1687 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - For Audrey

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by fredinbed

This was a surprise. I purchased it on a whim from a sale website not really expecting it to blow me away. I have gingery tones to my hair and very pale warm toned skin. I usually prefer nail colours that lean towards the orange end of the wheel (warm pinks, oranges, reds, etc).

I immediately regretted buying this and expected to hate it. I could not have been more wrong. It looks lovely against my skin, I'd even say it makes it look bright and peachy. I especially love it on me when my nails are trimmed short. I know most people prefer dark colours on short nails but for me this is the perfect short and neat colour. Lovely!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by chippergal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow! I don't normally wear blues of any kind because they just don't look good on me. I actually bought this because my daughter's name is Audrey and I just wanted it for my collection. Used it on a whim for a pedi and I LOVE IT! Has enough of a warm greenish tint to make it work well with my warmer toned skin (unlike every other shade of blue I've ever tried). Will definitely keep using.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by hhsrunner2005

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

In my opinion this is the best and closest color to Tiffany blue. It's so beautiful and true to the color you see in the bottle. My only complaint would be that it would be a little to sheer for me at first. I has to layer it three times to get my desired color, which of course made it take a very long time to dry! But once dry I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Kimmeh5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this mainly because it's popular. (Shh you've done it, too.) The shade is just lovely and I understand why people love it. A nice bright blue-ish green shade, perfect for spring. As with most of CG's polishes, application is nice. Just a lot of polish tends to get on the brush at once. (Which i like.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

i love tiffany's jewelry and i've always loved the tiffany blue color...so glad i can paint my nails with this!!! i use about 2 coats and its fairy opaque

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by molly451528

This is such a pretty colour and it looks great on the nail! I would definately recomend to anyone who is looking for a Tiffany Blue colour!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Kittea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Very pretty Tiffany blue, barely distinguishable from my Tiffany pouches and boxes. The formula is beautiful, I for one could get away with one good coat. It's opaque and glossy, and not at all streaky, though I am sure it can vary from bottle to bottle depending upon how long it has been sitting on the shelf (though the bottles at my Sally's NEVER stay for more than week, and they get fresh shipments every Monday!). A very good quality polish, and if you would like to have a Tiffany blue color, I think is quite perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2012 12:27:00 PM More reviews by annawixom

There is nothing wrong with this polish. The formula is nice and the color is rich. My only problem with this polish is that the color looked so tacky and " like hi I am 14 years old" type of color on my nails :( I dont know why because the color is beautiful but it just wasnt beautiful on me. I will still use my bottle and hope the color combo with my skin tone grows on me, but I wont repurchase. I would still recommend at least trying this color because a lot of people like it so it obviously works well for so many.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2012 9:39:00 AM More reviews by nadienadie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The famous For Audrey by China Glaze! The shade is a lovely ttiffany' blue, very milky green with a touch of blue. The shade is very unique and hard to describe.

Unfortunately what lets this polish down is the formula. It is runny and can pool at the cuticle. It is not self-levelling. Hard to apply even coats. Due to the pooling clean-up is essential. In my opinion, definately a three coater.

It looks okay on my skintone (around NW45 in MAC terms) but on a lighter skin tone it probably would look much better.

Definately comes into its own in the summer. On the right person its the perfect spring/summer shade. The person who likes this shade will say to themself 'I've just got to have it!', another person will be undecided.

But if you have to have it, in terms of the shade you will love it! But formula wise...China Glaze, I will not hold it against you!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by sensiblenails

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's one of the best loved China Glaze colors and not just for its associations with Tiffany's and Audrey Hepburn, though it's a dangerously close blue (dangerous and just close because Tiffany & Co. have a copyright on their particular shade of blue). I love it because it's like nothing else I've seen. It's this weird combination of dusty saturation and pastel that makes this a winner for me, regardless of its famous associations.

Application was alright; three coats for evenness (but I'm learning that with most light colored cremes, this is a good strategy). It dried with a medium gloss so I added top coat for protection and to add a bit more shine to show off (the pic above has no topcoat, btw).

It's really gorgeous, and I'm excited to show this off on my fingers all day!