October 31, 2014 | 1583 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Susan2148A

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't use this everyday because it isn't HG for me, but it's good for when I'm in a hurry, and when it's hot outside. First, even though I have been color matched at a MAC counter, I still had trouble finding my right shade. The SA said I was NW25, but any foundation or powder I've tried in that range is too orange and too dark for me. I tried NW20, which was too light and powdery. So, I then went to N4, which is a good shade for winter for me, and I'm getting ready to switch to N5 since I usually pick up a little sun in the warmer months. Also, I never NEVER use the sponge because it just cakes on the product. I apply it using a Bare Minerals Precision Face Brush (big fat angled kabuki). I mist the brush lightly with water, than swirl the brush on the product, then apply in a swirling motion. I have large pores and lots of texture to my skin, so this method doesn't just hit the high spots -- it covers the highs and lows and makes my skin appear more even toned and textured. I will get oily in about four hours, so I usually brush on either baby powder (my HG face powder) or MAC blot powder around my nose and on my forehead and chin. I'm a long-time user of Bare Minerals (original), which I love when I want a more luminous finish. MAC SFPPF gives me a completely matte texture, which I like in the warmer months. I'll always use this, it just won't always be my first choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by LarissaQ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've never found any foundation that made me happy until this one, my HG foudation!!!!!
It's perfect for work, perfec for that make up that you almost have no time to do.
A daylight make up that can be used for a party too because it is THAT good.
It very simple to apply.
It's not heavy and let you face with a very natural look. (If you put too much and you're not used to wear powder foundation, it can get heavy and cakey)
I use it when i don't need to cover up too much but at the same time i need to be with that perfect skin.
When i need some heavy cover i use Studio fix foundation and after taht this one, just as a poder, with a very light brush, otherwise it can look really cakey.
It's flawless.
You also have to be careful when choosing the color, because the color range is very large, so it is easy to choose a wrong color for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by bunniluv88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder foundation is my go to foundation when I am really busy and don't have the time to apply liquid foundation.I spray some MAC fix+ on my face and then, I apply with a powder brush,and I am good to go. My shade is N4 or N5.

Would I buy this product again? Yes, I would

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2014 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Teen84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a HEAVY!! makeup!.. You can feel it all the day in your face like a mask! It has a full matte coverage but i can just recomend it for a night heavy makeup because it does not look natural at all!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by starstruck82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first I loved this powder because it provided high coverage, had a matte finish, matched my skin (C40) and was so easy to use. I used this everyday for a year for those quick mornings, used it on its own, over concealer, even over foundation and kept it in my bag for touchups. But I soon fell out of love with it, cause I realized it had a really cakey, overly powderly look to it. It also oxidized on my face and turned much darker after a few hours. I personally prefer a more dewy than matte look these days which is why I gave this up. I prefer MSF Natural in medium dark over this. You can read my comparison between the 2 here:

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Leahdearr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Overall, I do not like. It doesn't control oil. And they matched me to a shade that's too dark && then I couldn't return it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by JustKara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my holy grail foundation! I have been using it for over four years and have never been let down. I use it in N4, and it has very good coverage, even for my pale skin. It took me awhile to find a foundation that matched my fair, neutral toned skin, but this powder is perfect. It has great staying power, and only creases a little after 16 hours of wear on me. Altogether it is an amazing foundation with great coverage, and it is very easy to find your right shade with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Iana2592

It's ok to use if your going for a natural look very thin and loses its colour three hours after applied. Small coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by thaonlylakergirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I should've gotten a clue by the lack of reviews by members with dark skin that this was no good for me. I bought it in NW50 and the color looks just lovely in the compact. But on the skin, it looks gray. I suppose all the rave about this is from ladies with lighter skin. But dark-skinned ladies know how hard it is to find products that don't turn ashy or gray on us. Well this isn't it. I consistently have issues with MAC products looking gray on me.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by bettyandmary

I've been using this for years-my skin breaks out really easy, but this covers imperfections like a dream. Very natural coverage as well.