MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

3.7

INGREDIENTS: talc, silica, isostearyl palmitate, methicone, phenoxyethanol May Contain: titanium dioxide CI77891, iron oxides CI77491 CI77492 CI77499, chromium oxide green CI77288, ultramarines CI77007 CI 77013

on 12/14/2014 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I keep coming back to this and have for the last 15 years.Nothing can make my skin look more beautiful and the C3 matches my super pale but olive toned skin seamlessly.The price is what makes me stray but honestly its worth every penny and then some.I'm a dancer and my skin has to look flawless in harsh lighting this product is superb nothing can beat it

on 12/14/2014 9:18:00 PM

This is one of my most favourite face products. I use it as my face powder after foundation and concealer. It's silky, provides excellent coverage, and there is a good selection of colours. I have repurchased it several times and I find it lasts for quite a while too. It is worth the price in my opinion, I have never found anything cheaper that compares. I apply it with the sponge it comes with for maximum coverage.

on 12/14/2014 7:11:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

I was looking for a quick and easy medium coverage foundation that required little effort in the morning. Sadly this foundation did not work. I tried a combination of different mositurizers, primers, and application styles and regardless this foundation left a cakey dry finish on my combination/oily skin. Fine lines and pores became exaserbated and nothing about my face looked natural. I even tried using it as a finishing powder on top of my usual foundation (Studio Fix Fluid) and it just didn't look or wear right. I had a similar experience when using MAC's Careblend finishing powder.

on 12/13/2014 9:41:00 PM

I have light to medium skin tone depending on the season I use nc-30. I really like using this by itself with just concealer under by eyes. I use my pur minerals chisel brush to apply and if you don't like the powdery effect it gives I usually apply mac fix plus during winter time and for the summer I like it with out setting spray because I like how matte it looks I don't recommend this by itself to dryer skin unless with a heavy moisturizing cream either way make sure to moisturize all the time. price is $27.00 it comes with a white sponge.

on 12/12/2014 8:13:00 AM

Perfect matte coverage every time with just a tiny bit on the brush! Product last forever. It does dry out skin a bit but luckily I'm oily so just keeps my skin matte all day long.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I use it dry, wet, and applies AMAZING.
The color range is amazing for almost every skin.
Last all day, with just 1 or 2 touch ups.
But you need to be carefull when you use it dry or will look a little cakey.
A must buy.

on 12/8/2014 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Pros:
-shades, of course (I am in C2- light with strong yellow undertones)
-packaging is really good, has a little mirror and it "clicks" when close so you know it won't open by itself (it comes with a sponge but it's useless, takes way too much product and you look cakey)
-matte finish
-really good coverage (but be careful- NOT AS GOOD AS liquid, cream foundations-it's still a powder, right?)
-no scent
Cons:
-matte finish doesn't last long on my T-zone (Rimmel stay matte does the job but has doesn't have this coverage)
-my normal U-zone looks very dry when applied but it looks like that after EVERY matte powder
-quite expensive for a pressed powder
Overall good product and I will probably buy it again because I find powders the best for my T-zone and I don't know any better product in terms of coverage.

on 12/8/2014 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Cakey, bad for acne prone and oily skin, not for me.

on 12/4/2014 5:18:00 AM

Summer is coming around in Melbourne and I really wanted a powder foundation. I'd been using MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium last summer, but wanted more coverage. The last two compact foundations I tried were by Chanel and Shiseido - good in their own way, but not perfect. Studio Fix is well beloved by MAC fans, so I decided to give it a try. I'm Asian with fair skin and a cool undertone. I was matched by two different MUAs under different lighting to C3 - it's not an exact match but it's very close and does add a little much needed warmth to my face. I buff it on with my ELF studio powder brush and it blends in beautifully, although I do need to work it into my skin to avoid caking. Worn on it's own it provides light coverage. Worn over foundation, you can achieve almost full coverage which stays "makeup fresh" all day. And yet my face never feels dry or powdery, but very touchable like there's nothing at all. Will definitely buy again!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Very happy with my new MAC powder! I matched my color perfectly. I like that this powder feels really light on my face, and it seems to stay put. I have had trouble with powders "caking" up on my face, and if it is hot outside, my powder would have issues. With this powder, I have not had those problems a all. I wish it did last a little longer, but I haven;t found any powder that literally lasts all day. But I have added this to my new collections of favs!