April 19, 2014 | 1659 users online

Crème - Graftobian - High-Definition Glamour Color Creme Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by unlitbutonfire

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVING THIS FOUNDATION.....SO FAR.
PREVIOUSLY I TRIED MANY DIFFERENT FOUNDATIONS SUCH AS MARY KAY, MAC, MERLE NORMAN, LAURA MERCIER, ZHEN, BOBBI BROWN TO NAME A FEW. LAURA MERCIER AND BOBBI BROWN WAS THE TWO THAT CAME CLOSEST TO A PERFECT COLOR MATCH. HOWEVER, THESE FOUNDATIONS ARE PRICEY! I WAS LOOKING TO FIND A CREAM FOUNDATION THAT WAS NOT TOO EXPENSIVE, YET HAD A GREAT NATURAL LOOKING COVERAGE.AS I WAS ON MY MISSION, I READ ALOT OF REVIEWS ON MUA AND RESEARCHED ON THE INTERNET. GRAFTOBIAN WAS NAMED ONE OF THE BEST FOUNDATIONS BY "WAYNE GOSS" THE GOSSMAKEUPARTIST AND OTHER MAKE UP ARTISTS AS WELL.
I DECIDED TO TAKE A CHANCE AS THE PRODUCT WAS LESS EXPENSIVE THAN BB. I PURCHASED THIS FROM A COSTUME STORE IN HONOLULU FOR $21.99. I ALSO BOUGHT THE BEN NYE BANANA LOOSE POWDER ($8.99) TO SET THE FOUNDATION.

I WILL COMPARE THE GRAFTOBIAN HD CREAM FOUNDATION TO BOBBI BROWN CREAM AND STICK FOUNDATION AS THOSE WERE THE MOST RECENT FOUNDATIONS I USED. PLEASE NOTE I AM AN NC42 IN MAC FOUNDATIONS, HOWEVER, IN BB THE EQUIVALENT WOULD BE HONEY, BUT I FOUND THE HONEY TO LEAN TOWARD PEACH. THEREFORE I HAD TO MIX BB WARM NATURAL (NC 40ISH) WITH BB WARM HONEY (WHICH IS A LITTLE MORE GOLDEN AND A TAD TOO DARK FOR ME) TO GET A GOOD COLOR MATCH. I HAVE COMBO SKIN; A LITTLE OILY AT THE NOSE AREA AS THE DAY PROGESSES. I HAVE SMALL PORES AND A SOMEWHAT CLEAR COMPLEXION AND VERY SENSITIVE SKIN.

I PURCHASED THE GRAFTOBIAN WARM PALETTE #2 WITHOUT TRYING IT ON AS THE FIRST THREE COLORS (BUTTERMILK, DESERT SAND, AND GOLDEN SUNSET) LOOKED LIKE IT WAS THE SAME AS BOBBI BROWN'S FOUNDATION STICK COLORS IN WARM NATURAL AND WARM HONEY.

I USED FOUR OF THE FIVE SHADES IN THE PALETTE; BUTTERMILK, DESERT SAND, GOLDEN SUNSET, AND DEEP XANTHE. I USED BUTTERMILK AND DESERT SAND TO HIGHTLIGHT AND AS CONCEALER, DEEP XANTHE TO CONTOUR, AND GOLDEN SUNSET ALL OVER FOUNDATION AND TO BLEND ALL THE COLORS. THE GOLDEN SUNSET SEEMS TO DISAPEAR IN MY SKIN; GREAT ALL OVER COLOR MATCH!

FIRST I MOISTURIZED MY SKIN WITH CERAVE LOTION AND LET THAT SOAK IN A FEW MINUTES. I DOTTED THE FOUNDATION ON MY FACE; UNDER EYE CONCEALER, HIGHLIGHT, CONTOUR. THEN I SPRAYED SOME MAC FIX + ON A SONIA KASHUK FLAT TOP BRUSH AND BLEND. THEN I SET THE FOUNDATION WITH BEN NYE LOOSE BANANA POWDER. THE RESULT? FLAWLESS NATURAL LOOKING SKIN! I APPLIED THE GRAFTOBIAN THIS MORNING AT ABOUT 6:00 AND IT IS ABOUT 10:00 AM NOW AND IT LOOKS LIKE WHEN I JUST APPLIED IT!

I HAVE FOUND MY HG FOUNDATION! AND AT A GREAT PRICE!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 3:11:00 AM More reviews by missani

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing product. Best foundation ever IMHO.
It goes on smoothly and isn't too oily or flaky and dry.

It really covers so well but doesn't feel heavy on. When you get your photo taken you can see why its called HD. It seems to erase all your flaws.
Photoshop in a jar.
Its really cheap too!

There are so many colors to choose from so you can get something that will match your skin perfectly.
You can get a 5 color palette to try out what color is best for your or decent sized containers that last for ages. A little goes a long long way.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 12:53:00 AM More reviews by terrenity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wore this foundation for my wedding last week, and could not have been more pleased with it. It covered my acne and acne scars beautifully, erased my pores, and left my skin looking naturally perfect, despite my low-tech application (fingers). The coverage stayed all day, even through pictures in 95 degree weather and dancing. I have been using it since then as my general foundation, and am still loving it. It isn't even breaking me out, and I have very finicky skin. I will absolutely repurchase!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 10:03:00 AM More reviews by riamaynes

I took make up classes recently and this is the product we use at our school. This is good for dry/combination skin.
I got warm 1 and warm 2. That entire set is enough for base, contour and highlight for different shades of warm skin tones.
It's very pigmented and it's a real steal! Use a mixing palette to spread a small amount of this foundation then use a wet beauty blender to apply it. As a result, it gives a flawless finish. Top it off with a 2 way powder and volah! full coverage, light and flawless!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by nokomic

I have tried a lot of expensive foundations and this is by far the best. It looks like real skin. It lasts. It covers, but can be worn sheer. It also doesn't break me out. My color is Primma Donna and I'm a NC20.

It does take a little bit to find the right color (I would order one of those 5 pan palletes, I think they are only twenty dollars at camera ready cosmetics.com) and it does take a few tries to learn how you prefer to use it but in the end it's so worth it. I have two toddlers and I'm usually exhausted and look pretty bad in the morning. I'm also pressed for time, to say the least, and this is the perfect thing for me.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2011 3:16:00 AM More reviews by UrrUrr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Don't quite like it as a foundation.. (would give a rating of 2) but i love it as a concealer. This is NOT a foundation for humid climates. It will sink into the pores and slide off quickly even with primer and loose powder. If you have large pores/small dry flakes of skin on your face please skip this as it will just highlight them in an unflattering manner.

It is quite greasy going on too so I don't really like the feeling of it on my whole face. Coverage is pretty good but I did not like the way the foundation looked on my face. I'm usually the lightest/2nd lightest colour in foundation (NC15-20) and I found Ingenue an okay match. I am not going to use this as foundation because of the AWFUL smell. I can tolerate scent in my products but this reeks of petroleum and makes me feel as if I'm slathering Vaseline on my face. The smell lingers for a long time and I just can't stand it.

However, it's amazing as a concealer. A small amount can cover up most of my dark circles. I've not found any concealer that covers better than this foundation :-) I usually use a brush to apply it then I smooth it out a little with my finger.

I got my foundation from MakeUpMania. It was really cheap, even with international shipping thrown in so no harm trying :P

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by stellarfungi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Me: 24, sensitive skin, combo/oily. I'm a MAC NC20, and Graftobian's Ingenue shade fits me perfectly.

The product: There are a few ways to go about trying this. Several websites, such as camerareadycosmetics.com, offer samples. I've heard those samples are tiny, so I avoided that. If you're confident of your shade, you can buy a pot of it for only around $12. I opted to buy the Warm #1 Palette for $20, and I'm glad I did. Each shade is a small size, but you use up so little of it each time that it will last you a long time! And it's a great way to figure out what shade you are.

My experience: I really love this! I've always heard negative things about "pan makeup", but this is meant for HD, where all of your flaws are on sharp display, and so it looks nothing like the cakey, obvious stage makeup of yore. I've tried RCMA foundation in the past and found it very dry and cakelike, but Graftobian HD Creme is creamy and easy to spread.

The only thing I DON'T like about this is that it does not look nice over my silicone-based sunscreen. This is why Graftobian has a mattifying setting spray, instead - this foundation is meant for a moisturizing primer, NOT a mattifying primer. If you do need a mattifier or something to help it set, whether in powder or spray form, it goes on top. It does apply well over my non-silicone based sunscreen, which is Burnout Eco-Sensitive SPF 32.

To apply the HD Creme, I use three different products: the foundation itself (obviously!), a BeautyBlender sponge, and Reviva Labs Rosewater Facial Spray.

For a sheerer but 100% flake-free and foolproof application, I moisten the BeautyBlender, dot the foundation around my face, spritz my face with the Reviva spray, and then buff it all in with the large end of the BeautyBlender. Once it's been blended in, I mist my face with the spray again and leave it at that. Both the damp BeautyBlender and the spray sheer out the foundation a little, but it melts into my skin perfectly.

For heavier coverage, I spritz my skin with the rosewater spray and wait for that to sink in. I dot my face with the HD Creme and buff with the BeautyBlender, following up with a spritz once I am finished.

This DOES lack staying power, but I've found that buffing pure silica powder on top works like a charm for getting this to set and stick for hours. continued >>

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2011 7:11:00 PM More reviews by glamarmywife

I wanted to love graftobian. I really did. 5 colors for 23$ I knew I couldnt go wrong. I am an NC43 so I purchased the pallete in warm #2. Desert sand & golden sunset were perfect colors for me depending on how much sun I get. The other colors provided a highlight/concealer & contour colors. I love the way it looks on my skin. It blends in flawlessly. My only complaint is with my oily skin that the next day my pores were clogged like no other. I was so dissapointed. I will be saving this for special occasions but I cant wear this every day.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 7:29:00 AM More reviews by Samanthazahra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

im really surprised about how many good things i have to say about this foundation. im a foundation addict and this has outdone everything from drugstore to high end i have tried.

Colour match

i purchased the neutral palette #1 to find the right colour match first. i am close to nc/nw25, ie. very neutral toned. great matches for me have been revlon colorstay in nude and dior foundation in 020. i find sweet heart to be the best match for me but there differences are so slight that i can easily get away with any of them. it is only when i take a step back that i notice the slightest difference in the depth but it still blends well into my skin.

Skin type

i admit the ingredient list did raise an eyebrow but ive had absolutely no problems with it so far and i generally have combo sensitive skin. as gossmakeupartist described it really is just pigment in a beautiful base. no added skincare benefits. which makes complete sense as everything my skin needs is in my favourite moisturiser and sunscreen.

Texture

i love how pigmented it is, i was shocked at how the smallest amount covers my redness and imperfections instantly and how effortless it is to blend. the thing i love most about this foundation is that it fuses so well with my skin making my complexion look flawless and healthy. it is definately buildable but stays light and never gets masky. this is exactly what i look for in a foundation.

Lasting power

I wear this to work often and just set it with a translucent powder and it lasts throughout the day. very happy.

Price

Very economical. it doesnt make sense lol for the price its definately worth a shot i think.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 2:24:00 PM More reviews by kerra525

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought the Warm palette and cannot live without it. It's my must have item for photoshoots. A little goes a long way. Luv it.