December 19, 2014 | 1711 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Face & Body Liquid Make Up

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by judiness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this foundation for almost ten years and it's the absolute best foundation I've ever use. I have dry sensitive skin and this leaves the most gorgeous dewey finish. I've tried the HD foundation from the same brand and it's really not the same.

I applied it for years with a latex free sponge, but I've now switch to a stippling brush. Whatever I use it always look flawless. I use number 2 wih is the perfect match for my pink skin.

This is a light to medium coverage foundation which I love. I always though that make up is suppose to make people say you look good, not your make up looks good. I wouldn't recommand it for people with oily skin or serious scaring though.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2012 11:19:00 PM More reviews by ynnej

I'm really uncertain as to what the big hype about this foundation is. Being on a long-running hunt to find my HG foundation, I tried Face & Body after reading the fantastic reviews on makeupalley.

I went to Sephora and received samples of this in several shades, to find one that best suited my skin. After wearing it for over a week, I must say I'm very disappointed, I had high hopes for this one! The consistency is watery and gel-like. It applies very thin and low coverage, but you can add layer upon layer to build the coverage. I prefer a medium cover foundation so I would have to use about 3 layers to get the look I needed. That's a lot of foundation! Given the watery consistency of this foundation, I could see myself going through an entire bottle pretty quickly!

Aside from the consistency and coverage factors, I found that this didn't really do anything for my skin. It looked a bit unnatural, as it never sunk into my skin and gave me that "glow" that some foundations can give. It's more on the matte side than dewy, and I found that it faded drastically as the day passed.

Overall, I dont think this foundation is worth the money. If it were cheaper, I would consider buying it just for a day to day use foundation. But there are far better foundations out there in this price range, so I wouldn't personally recommend this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 2:48:00 AM More reviews by ashl0p

This foundation looks SO beautiful. It has a different texture, that I personally LOVE. It's like gelly. But it blends like a dream and MELTS, literally MELTS into your skin. It DOES NOT feel sticky which is a MAJOR plus for me because I absolutely DESPISE sticky feeling foundations. The coverage is amazing as well! Compared to MAC's F&B, this foundation covers so much more! I use my ELF powder brush to blend it into my skin and let me tell you, it looks FLAWLESS. Just the right amount of coverage! I have LOTS of pigmentation on my skin from my acne scarring but this foundation just evens everything out SOOOO beautifully, it's ridiculous. If I need extra coverage, i'll use a heavier coverage foundation as a spot treatment and just go over the areas that need it. It is the more naturalist finish I've ever seen in a foundation. It can get oily, but it isn't anything outrageous. The price sucks though, wayyyyy too expensive. But overall, this foundation is one of the BEST foundation i've ever tried.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by jemoSupremo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation. Everything about the product makes me happy. I have pretty good skin, and this is perfect for evening out my skin tone. The coverage is sheer, but extremely buildable. I used this on my sister who has a lot of blemishes and this covered everything after building up a couple of layers.
Even when you build this up to full coverage, it doesn't look like you have foundation on, so the end result just looks like beautiful glowy skin. It is the only foundation that stays on my skin, and still look exactly the same hours later.

The texture is kind of a liquid gel jelly. You have to shake up the product before you use it. And that is where the 1 dislike about this that comes in. I've purchased this in the screw-cap, and I've spilled out too much foundation countless times. Then they changed it to the pump top, which I thought was brilliant. But because you have to shake up the product, what's left in the tube from your last use doesn't get shaken up so you end up pumping out a weird gummy piece that you can't use before you get to your foundation.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by poncholefty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't wear foundation a lot, but when I do, I wear MUFE. :) This was another "wedding look" purchase. I'm blessed with pretty good skin, but I wanted a little something to even things out for the pictures.This is very sheer and super light. It's got kind of a weird texture - like jelly almost - but it goes on really nicely. If you're looking for full coverage, this won't work for you. I'm not sure if it can be layered, but I imagine it's light enough for multiple applications.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by 88angels

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of my first faves in foundations. If you've read any of my reviews, i am always on the hunt for the best foundation and continue my quest. However, this base stays in my kit because it is moisturizing, sheer but buildable and has a beautiful dewy finish. Good for dry skin but beware if you are oily, you'll be chasing the shine all the day long.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by damuko

This looks absolutely beautiful on the skin. Of course, it's more suited to certain skintypes (personally, I think it'd work the best on generally smooth skin that gets red easily) than others, but I have yet to find another foundation that looks as natural and feels as weightless. It's not my HG, but it's pretty close.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Jab89

I Love love LOVE this product. So much so that this is the first review I have ever written. I have been looking for a foundation that doesn't make it look like I am wearing a mask. As I am an Indian woman, it is really difficult to find the right colour match that doesn't make me too orange, red, or yellow looking (I went for number 18 which works miracles for me). This foundation is for people who already have quite nice skin and are looking to reduce redness and even skin tone. It gives the PERFECT balance of coverage, mattness, and dewiness. The foundation is extremely blendable and comes in a decent number of colours to select from ranging from quite light to very dark. I honestly can't imagine a world without this foundation, especially for us ladies who like to keep things looking on the natural side of the spectrum. I did a lot of research before picking a foundation and from the research I have done, it is not the best suited for oily skin. I have combination skin and it is awesome. This one is around $44 Canadian but comes in a pretty good sized bottle (I believe bigger than average) and with a pump so I feel it is definitely worth it. Give it a good shake before you use it. The consistency is relatively runny so be prepared for that.

This stuff is magic, and doesn't even need setting powder. What's more wonderous is that I am a dancer, and even after a sweaty SWEATY class, this stuff stays right where it should! That's right, it is sweat and water resistant ladies!

This foundation receives 2 massive thumbs up from me and I recommend it to everyone!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by sj3663

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite foundation! Light coverage but buildable, neutralizes my redness. Wears well all day and even through tough sessions at the gym (I don't bother to remove my m/u first!). I use 38 and in years past when I guess I spent more time outdoors, I would mix it with 20 (I think) in the summers when my color was a bit darker. Love that it's in a pump bottle now! Lasts a long time...good value.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by tongtongg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a MUST try for anyone that hates the ordinary "foundation" feel on their face. It is super lightweight and liquidy, which makes it very easy to apply. I normally just use my fingertips to spread it on my face. It dries and sets into a powder like finish rather quickly and I found I can work fast with my fingers. I would not recommend using Beauty Blender or any type of sponge with this foundation. The high water content of this foundation will get absorbed into the sponge and affect the final finish.
The foundation offers light to medium coverage, it's perfect for anyone just looking for something that evens out their skin tone. It offers a very natural "no makeup, just good skin" look.
I am Asian with light complexion, and I have been using Ivory 20. The color is just right for me if I wanted to have the "no makeup" look, it matches my color almost perfectly. I normally use shade that is slighter lighter than my natural color. So if MUFE offers another lighter shade with yellow/beige undertone, it would be even better!
I have been using this foundation for months and never had any issue with breakouts. But then again, everyone is different and I normally don't breakout anyways.
Overall, if you want something natural looking and lightweight. This is a MUST try. I think you would love it!