Bare Escentuals BareMinerals Foundation

3.4

I love make-up and am always looking for new and different types for different styles. I have always been curious about this product and have heard about it being a "natural, airbrushed look" . So I of coarse decided to get it and try it out.
First, I am baffled by the packaging and application of this product. You have to dump some of the powder in the lid, swirl the powder with the brush, then tap. There seems to be other, easier ways to apply this makeup, plus, I felt like I was wasting a lot of the powder.
Second, It looked horrible. I applied it many times, always using the technique in the instructions and on the instructional DVD. It always turned out the same; shiny, cakey, and very obvious. I like my facial makeup to cover my flaws and even out my skin, but I also feel that a good foundation should ultimately look like your not wearing any. After applying this product, makeup was all you could see. Also,my face felt dry. I took this product back the next day and will never buy anything from this brand again.

on 1/9/2010 3:33:00 PM

Since I am very fair, it seems this product makes me look even more pale and washes out the little color I have.

on 1/7/2010 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My face has never looked more flawless. Although I don't care for their shedding brushes, their mineral foundation is the greatest thing since the wheel. Even when I mess up and put too much my skin absorbs it and evens it out like magic. I like how I can apply a little or a lot by applying in layers. If you don't already use two diff. shades for Summer/Winter you must for this product. The best thing is that you can even apply on your neck in case you have diff. shades on your face and décolleté

on 1/2/2010 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I think i reviewed this under another listing, anyways in short; poor quality, aweful shades, total waste of money..

on 12/22/2009 10:15:00 AM

I'm really torn about bareMinerals. At first, when I started to use it, it was simply amazing, I raved about it to everybody and everyone one. I used Medium Beige (NW20 skin tone) and I found that it hid my pores and a small scar on my cheek quite well. But then a month after I started using it, my skin would get really irritated immediately after application (very flushed, lots of dry patches, redness) but only sometimes, if I applied it to bare skin. If I used primer, it'd be ok. However, I think that it's not unreasonable for me to expect foundation to not cause allergies. I also hated the containers, so messy! I always had spilled powder all over my hands, counter tops and makeup bags, I finally cut two cardboard circles and wedged them into the container to prevent wasting the stuff. On the plus side, it does last a long time, I used the starter kit for about 4 months before I ran out of one shade of foundation.

on 12/13/2009 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Sorry i'm not a BE fan anymore. I was introduced to the product 3 years ago. I constantly use it. I've always had these "bumps" on my face since I started but never gave it much thought since I use makeup 2 x a week only. These bumps arent exactly pimples but they do go away after 1 day..

So lately i completely stopped using BE. my skin was super clear. Then used it for 1 day.. I tried something else.. i blended the powder in even under my chin. and guess WHAT... there were over 50 little bumps on my face, including under my chin. So these tiny little bumps were related to bismuth.

I'm changing to everyday minerals. I just went on their website and got 4 free samples ( 2 individual orders), for free + 2.80 shipping. I'm a medium beige in BE and hopefully the Olive family will work well for me with EDM. I read that EDM doesn't contain the bismuth (acne starting product!!!!), and its wayyyyyy cheaper, and has several other finishes. I'm excited.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Bare minerals foundation is a very good place to start for younger ones. There are only a few step to nice skin. I do have to say that this product is on the expensive side but i do think that you get your moneys worth. The only think i do not like about tihs product is that it doesn't give much coverage... so if you have acne or any other kind of skin problem this isn't the BEST for your skin coverage

on 12/13/2009 1:54:00 PM

I have been using this product for honestly 3 years and it comes in handy! I used to use it all the time, every day and it gave me such a soft, photofinished glow and coverage. It works amazingly if you are in a hurry, like I usually am, and only have about 10 minutes to put on makeup. I take a kabuki brush and just swirl on a tiny bit, thats all you really need, onto my face. Be sure to use a primer under it, or a really good mositerizer, because if you have oily skin, you may notice more oil during the day, so bring blot paper with with. Dust on a little mineral veil over the power. Or for a more coverage look for a night out or something it is a great finishing powder over liquid foundation, but be sure to just use a little bit because it may look cakey. A little goes a long way! It dosn't clog my pores at all, it has no talc, really natural ingredients and has SPF, which is great if you don't have a moisterizer with SPF.

on 12/10/2009 7:30:00 PM

At first I thought I just got the wrong color. Now I know I just bought the wrong product. I have sensitive skin that's oily in the summer, dry in the winter...and lately it seems like my pores are getting huge. Oh wait, that's just been since I started using bare minerals. I've tried this off and on for about six months now, every time thinking that I just put it on wrong (that seems to be the universal excuse from the BE people)...and now...you know, I don't care if I'm putting it on wrong. I followed the steps, and a few times I didn't. At no point did it look any better. It exaggerates my pores, separates on my face--doing this weird crackle effect thing--and within an hour, I look greasy. Yuck. This stuff makes me look old.

on 12/7/2009 12:57:00 AM

I would never buy this product again or suggest anyone over 10 years of age use it.
I hate the packaging-- the little piles of loose powder anger me, bc there are better ways that are not wasteful, messy and obnoxious.
The coverage is extremely light, and this powder doesn't build well. It looks cakey, like you obviously covered your face in powder, if you put on more than 2 layers.
The powder DOES NOT LAST. Within 2 hours you can barely tell it was ever on your face. My mildly-to-moderately oily t-zone was shiny in less than an hour.
And, it does not set concealor!
I would not recommend using this powder unless you have dewy, flawless skin to start with-- but (as its plusses) when dusted over foundation, it makes your skin look a little better, and it never caused my skin any irriation (ie: redness, pimples).