April 19, 2014 | 1707 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - bare Minerals Foundation #2/#3 & Mineral Veil

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2009 1:54:00 PM More reviews by lawils90

I have been using this product for honestly 3 years and it comes in handy! I used to use it all the time, every day and it gave me such a soft, photofinished glow and coverage. It works amazingly if you are in a hurry, like I usually am, and only have about 10 minutes to put on makeup. I take a kabuki brush and just swirl on a tiny bit, thats all you really need, onto my face. Be sure to use a primer under it, or a really good mositerizer, because if you have oily skin, you may notice more oil during the day, so bring blot paper with with. Dust on a little mineral veil over the power. Or for a more coverage look for a night out or something it is a great finishing powder over liquid foundation, but be sure to just use a little bit because it may look cakey. A little goes a long way! It dosn't clog my pores at all, it has no talc, really natural ingredients and has SPF, which is great if you don't have a moisterizer with SPF.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/10/2009 7:30:00 PM More reviews by eviebr99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

At first I thought I just got the wrong color. Now I know I just bought the wrong product. I have sensitive skin that's oily in the summer, dry in the winter...and lately it seems like my pores are getting huge. Oh wait, that's just been since I started using bare minerals. I've tried this off and on for about six months now, every time thinking that I just put it on wrong (that seems to be the universal excuse from the BE people)...and now...you know, I don't care if I'm putting it on wrong. I followed the steps, and a few times I didn't. At no point did it look any better. It exaggerates my pores, separates on my face--doing this weird crackle effect thing--and within an hour, I look greasy. Yuck. This stuff makes me look old.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2009 12:57:00 AM More reviews by tojoyamoto

I would never buy this product again or suggest anyone over 10 years of age use it.
I hate the packaging-- the little piles of loose powder anger me, bc there are better ways that are not wasteful, messy and obnoxious.
The coverage is extremely light, and this powder doesn't build well. It looks cakey, like you obviously covered your face in powder, if you put on more than 2 layers.
The powder DOES NOT LAST. Within 2 hours you can barely tell it was ever on your face. My mildly-to-moderately oily t-zone was shiny in less than an hour.
And, it does not set concealor!
I would not recommend using this powder unless you have dewy, flawless skin to start with-- but (as its plusses) when dusted over foundation, it makes your skin look a little better, and it never caused my skin any irriation (ie: redness, pimples).

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2009 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Jelly8ean

This review is for the minerals foundation. Initially, I loved it, it gave me the glow and dewy look, with the hint of sheen. As time went on, a few month later, I've noticed that I had more dry spots on my cheeks, dull complexion and I started to look like I spent too much time at the tanning salon, I was sallow, with these shiny spots on my forehead, nose, cheeks. It accentuated the tiny marks on my skin instead of 'buffing' them away. Would probably give it more lippies if it didn't completely dry out my cheeks and cause it to turn red and itchy. My nose also had more blackheads over time. Stopped using it after 3-4 months.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2009 9:28:00 PM More reviews by anmayes

I have acne-prone skin and have been searching for "natural" make-up. I've read mineral make-up is the way to go for both. I was excited to try it out, based on their claims, and took a master class at Ulta so I would know how to use it the right way etc. I LOVED the way it looked on me. Bought $200 worth of product that day. I noticed some itching on my forehead within an hour, not too bad. Fast forward 3 hours and my cheeks and chin were BURNING. It literally felt like every pore on my face was being pricked with needles. It felt worse than a bad sunburn. By the time I got home and could wash my face I took one look at myself in the mirror and was horrified - it looked like I had TONS of blush on. My cheeks were ON FIRE. I washed it off immediately...and am not kidding when I say my face was BURNING for another 24 hours. I couldn't even put my 100% organic, natural moisture oil on my face because it made it burn even more. When I woke up the next morning, as if the burning sensation and redness wasn't bad enough....my cheeks and chin were TOUGH. I don't know any other way to describe it...the skin became tough and thick feeling OVERNIGHT. From only 7 hours of having BareMinerals on. I took it ALL back today for a refund....my face bright red and irritated....and the woman had the nerve to tell me that it must be something else since "you can't get any more natural than BM"...I kept quiet because I really don't care what she thinks but what I wanted to say was "have you googled "reaction to Bare Minerals" ma'am?" I am just grateful for all of the people who have spoken of their experience that I was able to stop using it immediately and hope that my skin's reaction to it won't get any worse and will clear up in a few days....fingers crossed. NOW - I'm trying to find something else to use....the search wears on!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2009 12:23:00 PM More reviews by jcotten1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used MAC's Studio Fix for my podwer/foundation of choice for over three years, but when friends and family jumped on the Bare Escentals boat, I thought I'd give the mineral makeup a try. I bought the "starter kit (fair)," which turned out being too light for my skin tone. Also, the "warmth" was not a great color for me, however, with the kit, it's the only color choice you have. But I stayed on board, hoping it would change the quality of my slightly acne-proned skin, and decided to try the next shade up, "fairly light"--too yellow for my skin tone, and too expensive for not being a perfect color match but, again, I waited it out. As time passed and as the Bare Escentals associate promised me, I was hoping to see improvements in my skin's quality. FICTION! After about 5 months, I began to notice tiny pimples all over my forehead, temples and, well, pretty much all over my face. I was SO mad, and went back to MAC for my N4 Studio Fix. I told the MAC associate the reasons for my change--that I wanted something a little lighter and more natural--and he said, "Some things may be more natural, but MAC is made for the skin." He's right. I will never purchase anything from Bare Escentals again!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2009 7:37:00 PM More reviews by polixenia

It's the worst stuff I ever put on my face. It will take me weeks until I will get rid of all the acnee and the white heads. I am sorry I ever tried it!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2009 10:39:00 PM More reviews by joyinthejourney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So bummed out after trying this product! I LOVED IT! Totally drank the kool aid on this one...bought the cleansers, the foundation, everything. Loved the foundation and the coverage it provided...but after about a week I developed these very small bumps...not red or anything, just bumps on my cheeks, nose, chin...had to discontinue use :( Maybe will re-try one day, in the meantime i'm going to give the new clinique superbalanced mineral powder a try and hope that their "allergy tested" product can give me better results...

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2009 8:17:00 PM More reviews by ashunbaybee

I used Bare Escentuals when I first started out with face/skin make up. However, as time progressed, I got really sick of having to touch up my face every two hours. Plus, my skin is combination, so it can get oily and dry, and on the dry days, the condition of my skin was very apparent. In addition, they have very few colors to choose from. The medium beige was too dark for my skin and the medium was wayyy to light. I would recommend this as a starter or for someone whose skin is not bad to begin with. Otherwise, I'd skip it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2009 9:49:00 PM More reviews by karen2829

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using these products for YEARS. It took a few hit and misses before I got the right combination of medium & medium beige to perfectly match my skin. I will admit the packaging could be better but am willing to look the other way since I am getting such awesome results. For daytime I use a light hand but it's easy to build when you need more coverage. I have sensitive skin and have never had any break-outs from these products. To get the best results after using the foundation , use mineral veil and top it off with a face color such as glee.. It won't make you look too made up but it will just look like you have that something pretty about you ! VERY IMPORTANT ! Use the right tools this is a key to the success of these products !!Ps: I get all my products through ebay.. you can also find the sample sets there ! good luck !