MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Dark

4.2

on 1/11/2011 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I wish under the buy again selection there was a Hells no option. This looked really pretty and offered surprising coverage paired with fix+ and 188. The first day I tried it I noticed a very, very slight itch. The second day, the itch got worse and my skin started to feel like it was burning. I got a few small red bumps and rashes on my skin and I had really small marks that looked like my skin was burned. Within a day the "burn" marks healed color-wise, but my skin was very chaffed and peeled. No amount of moisturizer or exfoliating could help the peeling, although it did help with the small burn marks. It's day 3 (not wearing the crap) and my skin looks like its recovering. In the trash this goes!

on 1/7/2011 10:42:00 AM

lets just say i got this because i needed a powder, i went to mac and the sales assistant matched me to this. im asian. nc20-30. and when i first got this and had used it i wanted to slap the sales assistant because it was like 2 shades darker then my skin tone and didnt look good. but hey i have learnt i was using a kabuki brush. why? because i wanted to use it as a 'foundation". so now i use it as a bronzer/finishing powder with a powder brush. since i use tinted moisturizer it does make my skin look light ish and this warms it up. i have found a way to make this work for me :) i also use a light hand and sweep it gently.

on 12/27/2010 11:22:00 PM

NC30-35// Oily skin. This seemed like the perfect match. The finish looks great and all at first... Until the end of the day when I realized it oxidized and turned a half a shade darker. I personally don't like the look as it made me look muddy. Played around with it one day at home, swatched the back of my hand heavily and decided to spray some Evian water (pretend it's sweat and oil) to see what happened, and my prediction came true as I saw it completely darken the min. The water hit the powder :( still debating if I want to get Medium plus, cause I'm scared that it will also oxidize.

on 11/25/2010 6:18:00 AM

I use this reliously everyday. After cleansing & moisturising, I apply my Clinique oil free sunscreen in SPF40,, then sweep this over my entire face using a MAC kabuki, then I so slightyly do a sweep of the Medium shade over that..
This lasts on my face all day from 6.30am until I wash it off @ 8.00pm.
This combo gives my face the most lovely dewy glow. I've even been complimented on how nice my skin looks with this stuff on!
Will definitely repurchase if the pan ever went empty.. and yes.. like other reviews.. wished MAC would make it in a compact with a mirror.
All in all.. LOVE this stuff!!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I use this as my foundation because I don't need a lot of coverage and I use a kabuki brush with it. I would recommend using a big fluffy brush if you're using it as a setting powder though because the kabuki would make your face look too powdery. I've noticed if I put too much on, it kind of looks powdery so i usually spray myself with mac's charged water to avoid it.

on 9/23/2010 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wanted to love this product, really I did. But it breaks me out like a MOFO! It has quite a few pore-clogging ingredients in it (mainly ISOPROPYL PALMITATE) and I'm really suprised that more people aren't breaking out from this too as it is very high on the acne inducing list. It also contains bismuth, which is a known irritant especially for sensitive skin. Every time I used this my face *which rarely breaks out unless I'm hormonal) would be covered in whiteheads. Ughhh.

The finish it gives is pretty nice but can be easily duped for a cheaper pressed powder, I'm sure. It left my face looking matte/satiny, and didn't look cakey. Used over foundation it didn't help to control oil at all though *I have normal-combo skin* and by itself it gave a nice natural looking light coverage.

I wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This has been my everyday powder for almost three years now. I don't have any skin issues really so the light coverage is great for me. It controls shine all day which is great. What i love is it can be a sheer cover powder or you can build it to where it covers without feeling heavy. Only down is i don't feel like it last throughout the day.

on 9/12/2010 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

It all depends on how you use it. I have NW20skin and I put this on the top of my forehead as a bronzing effect and sides of my cheek. I never use bronzer in my life before this. I didn't know how to wear it. But honestly, a tip the MA at MAC told me is your skin is never one flat color, when you put on foundation, it's going to make your skin look smooth, and evened out but it will look flat, esp. in photographs. Apply this on the tops of your forehead, sides of your cheeks or where ever and you'll see a MAJOR difference, it gives my face not only a nice and warm color but also dimension, amazing in photographs and still VERYYYY natural... never orange or cakey-looking like most bronzers. I use MAC dainty mineralize blush w/this and it pairs PERFECTLY!

I have been using this product for almost two months (not daily) and I really don't know how to rate it. My love for MAC runs deep so maybe that gets in the way. The price of course is on the more expensive side, the packaging is neat but no applicator(brush or sponge) included. On my medium skintone, the medium plus is a great match. It feels very silky on the skin but for some reason, my combination(more oily on the t zone) skin doesn't blend well with it. It becomes quite oily looking within the first 30mins of application. The problem could be that I don't wear liquid foundation, just concealer in certain places. I will try it with foundation and will update my review. So far, this is an ok product in my opinion, but I will not re-purchase.

on 9/7/2010 2:38:00 AM

I love the finish and its very long wearing and has buildable coverage. My only complaint is that the compact need a mirror. I have super oily skin so to make this work for me this is what I did:

Apply a thin layer of milk of magnesia as a primer and then a thin layer of the Clinique pore minimizer. I didnt even have to blot my face later on in the day and that was so nice. Then apply the powder with a dense kabuki brush and buff in well.

Recommended for Normal Skin