November 25, 2014 | 1856 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Dark

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2010 6:18:00 AM More reviews by LittleVy

I use this reliously everyday. After cleansing & moisturising, I apply my Clinique oil free sunscreen in SPF40,, then sweep this over my entire face using a MAC kabuki, then I so slightyly do a sweep of the Medium shade over that..
This lasts on my face all day from 6.30am until I wash it off @ 8.00pm.
This combo gives my face the most lovely dewy glow. I've even been complimented on how nice my skin looks with this stuff on!
Will definitely repurchase if the pan ever went empty.. and yes.. like other reviews.. wished MAC would make it in a compact with a mirror.
All in all.. LOVE this stuff!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2010 1:47:00 PM More reviews by LoveLightPink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use this as my foundation because I don't need a lot of coverage and I use a kabuki brush with it. I would recommend using a big fluffy brush if you're using it as a setting powder though because the kabuki would make your face look too powdery. I've noticed if I put too much on, it kind of looks powdery so i usually spray myself with mac's charged water to avoid it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

I wanted to love this product, really I did. But it breaks me out like a MOFO! It has quite a few pore-clogging ingredients in it (mainly ISOPROPYL PALMITATE) and I'm really suprised that more people aren't breaking out from this too as it is very high on the acne inducing list. It also contains bismuth, which is a known irritant especially for sensitive skin. Every time I used this my face *which rarely breaks out unless I'm hormonal) would be covered in whiteheads. Ughhh.

The finish it gives is pretty nice but can be easily duped for a cheaper pressed powder, I'm sure. It left my face looking matte/satiny, and didn't look cakey. Used over foundation it didn't help to control oil at all though *I have normal-combo skin* and by itself it gave a nice natural looking light coverage.

I wouldn't repurchase.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2010 1:01:00 PM More reviews by StephanieMarie91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has been my everyday powder for almost three years now. I don't have any skin issues really so the light coverage is great for me. It controls shine all day which is great. What i love is it can be a sheer cover powder or you can build it to where it covers without feeling heavy. Only down is i don't feel like it last throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by hailung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It all depends on how you use it. I have NW20skin and I put this on the top of my forehead as a bronzing effect and sides of my cheek. I never use bronzer in my life before this. I didn't know how to wear it. But honestly, a tip the MA at MAC told me is your skin is never one flat color, when you put on foundation, it's going to make your skin look smooth, and evened out but it will look flat, esp. in photographs. Apply this on the tops of your forehead, sides of your cheeks or where ever and you'll see a MAJOR difference, it gives my face not only a nice and warm color but also dimension, amazing in photographs and still VERYYYY natural... never orange or cakey-looking like most bronzers. I use MAC dainty mineralize blush w/this and it pairs PERFECTLY!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2010 1:46:00 PM More reviews by girlfromtahiti

I have been using this product for almost two months (not daily) and I really don't know how to rate it. My love for MAC runs deep so maybe that gets in the way. The price of course is on the more expensive side, the packaging is neat but no applicator(brush or sponge) included. On my medium skintone, the medium plus is a great match. It feels very silky on the skin but for some reason, my combination(more oily on the t zone) skin doesn't blend well with it. It becomes quite oily looking within the first 30mins of application. The problem could be that I don't wear liquid foundation, just concealer in certain places. I will try it with foundation and will update my review. So far, this is an ok product in my opinion, but I will not re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2010 2:38:00 AM More reviews by shuizar209

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the finish and its very long wearing and has buildable coverage. My only complaint is that the compact need a mirror. I have super oily skin so to make this work for me this is what I did:

Apply a thin layer of milk of magnesia as a primer and then a thin layer of the Clinique pore minimizer. I didnt even have to blot my face later on in the day and that was so nice. Then apply the powder with a dense kabuki brush and buff in well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

I had to return this product because it was way to sheer. However, I agree with the rest of the reviewers here that it is a great natural finishing powder. I am NC 30 and I was matched with Medium Dark. The texture is very nice but not quite what I was looking for in a powder. I did not have any break outs either which is a huge plus.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2010 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Bindi7

I really like the sheer finish of this powder. It is natural on its own and gives a nice glow on top of foundation. i bought this at the airport and used on holiday for a natural look during the day. I like to use this when i want to go with a more natural look. I also use this when i'm in a rush - i just swirl over with my kabuki brush and buff on to my face! Would recommend to those who prefer a more natural/sheer look.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2010 11:03:00 AM More reviews by coolbeachgirl

I just love this product!! It goes on smoothly....and its the perfect low coverage! I gave the packaging 4 stars because it doesnt come with a sponge....but i prefer not to apply it with a sponge...because it looks better in my opinion when you apply it with a brush. I hope this helped!!