September 2, 2014 | 2196 users online

Mascara - Revlon - 3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2010 11:43:00 PM More reviews by b82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

This is not the best nor the worst mascara I have came across. Overall, I think it is a good buy. It did give me nice full lashes. I have actually been asked a few times what I use for my lashes when I apply this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by nikkichristine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't understand the low reviews. This product stays on all day for me, from when I wake up at 7am until I head to bed at midnight. It definitely adds definition. It adds some curl, which kind of goes away by the evening. You just need to know how to maneuver the tiny wand, which isn't that hard.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2010 12:42:00 AM More reviews by duckeexx

Pretty expensive for no reason, but it's easy to find Revlon products on sale. First off, the brush sucks... the formula clumps on it easily and the brush hairs are short so it doesn't grab your lashes well. Also makes the mascara clump which is very noticeable.

It's not the worst, but there are a lot more drugstore brands out there that have better ones.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2010 9:20:00 PM More reviews by JTT

What a P.O.S.! The wand is terrible. I was so mad that I paid $10 (a lot for a store-brand) for this boring-looking mascara with a name that is false advertising! 3D? Extreme? How about Extremely Fat, Sticky Gob on a Tiny Wand by Revlon.

Revlon's products are so-so in my eyes. I expect more from them than I would from CG or Maybelline, etc.

The wand is tiny and there is no filter in the tube to scrape off the excess mascara so you end up with a gob of formula. The formula completely overwhelms the wand Imagine a gob on the tip of your finger and trying to lengthen your lases with it. Impossible to build, lengthen or add volume.

I thought the wand was broken off when I originally saw it. Revlon needs tp design bigger version of this wand. This is not one of those new special wands where you are supposed to apply it vertically.

!!!!!This is one of the worst products I have ever used!!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by ashleypooh1014

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Who invented this catastrophe of a brush? Really revlon? You thought this would be smart?

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2010 5:36:00 AM More reviews by Dee652

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use it over my waterpoof mascara as it doesn't hold my straight lashes in a curl well at all. however, it builds beautifully on top of that mascara without weighing the lashes down. Little clumping, but i notice flaking thoughout the day which gets really bad if i accidentally rub my eyes. Minimal smudging though.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2009 12:31:00 PM More reviews by 3dogsnight73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I first pulled out the mascara wand I thought that the tip had broken off. It's tiny compared to my normal CG Lashblast. I didn't think I would like it being that it is the complete opposite of CG LB. Turns out, i'm liking it more every time I use it, though application is completely different. It has more potential for clumping and it takes longer because the brush is so small BUT i'm loving that I can attend to virtually every lash and it gives me great volume. I'm not having clumping issues either. Thumbs up.
addendum: this dried out way too quickly and now it's extremely clumpy and hard to work with.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2009 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Rockkrock

The wand of this brush is the biggest bulkiest thing ever. You pull out the wand and there's a whole bunch of mascara liquid on it, and you can hardly comb this through your lashes without it getting clumped up. There is no visible "teeth" to this wand where you can glide through your individual eyelashes.. Really bad mascara. Very pricey too for a mascara of this caliber.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2009 12:46:00 PM More reviews by RealDealBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

In general, I'm a fan of DS mascaras (b/c they're convenient) but NOT this one.
Packaging: I thought all mascara packaging was the same but somehow this sucks. The tube is actually hard to open despite the 'tire print' on the metal. The wand is weirdly shaped (which isn't a total negative). The bulb at the end is good for the "point the mascara wand up to hit the outside lashes" practice - but doesnt have full size bristles all the way down. Also the wand is really small - which is a positive for us short/small lashed mavens (a la "Lash Discovery").
Product: Unfortunately, the formula is thick & chunky and after the initial swipe, sometimes the wand is too small to deposit mascara.
The formula doesn't flake, lasts all day and doesn't irritate contact wearers BUT I won't be purchasing again simply because there are better mascaras out there for similar prices.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2009 1:26:00 AM More reviews by westindiesangel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I was EXTREMELY surprised to see the low rating on this mascara! I have tried almost every drugstore mascara out there and this is the one I keep coming back to. It is the ONLY mascara that creates an honestly natural fan of lashes, while thickening, lengthening, and curling at the same time. It makes me look wide-eyed. It gives a false lash effect, but at the same time not, because it's so natural-looking! It just makes me look like I was born with amazing lashes; when I look at myself it's not one of the mascaras where you can immediately tell the person is wearing it. It is my "HG" mascara I guess you could say

Another great thing about this mascara: You can control the lash look. You can apply a little for a natural look, or keep building to a dramatic look, all the way to a false-lash look. I concentrate at the base of my lashes for volume, or comb at the tips to create length. The only con about this is that it definitely takes time to build up the lashes. But it's worth it. The small wand reaches all lashes, as well.

If anyone is having trouble with it, here are my tips/how I use it!:
- Don't wipe off the brush. I never do, even though it looks all clumpy on the brush.
- Wiggle it at the base of your lashes to create volume.
- Comb through to the tips of your lashes to volumize the middle and top of your lashes
- Comb just the tips of your lashes to create length (do this lightly so as not to clump)
- You can do a hard stroke through your entire lash to get everything covered at once, but if you do the previous 3 steps as described, you will get the best results.
- Go to the inner corners to get them covered.
- Repeat or do what as desired to build the look you're going for. :)
- Applying more pressure will obviously create a more dramatic look, so comb lightly if you find yourself clumping. I usually comb with more pressure.

Note: The formula gets better after it is opened to me, as it seems to dry out. The formula is overall pretty dry anyway though - good so it doesn't clump your lashes together. Sometimes I get tiny little clumps of mascara on my lashes; I just wait for it to dry and pick it out.

I'm still baffled as to the bad reviews on this. I get zero clumping and like I said an amazing FAN of lashes (no clumps or separation) and all the mascara wants: curl (not overly dramatic though), length, and volume!