Revlon 3D Extreme Mascara - Blackest Black

2.4

on 2/1/2010 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This looks so small compared to your average size mascara is typically .27 fl. 0z. this is .21 not that much difference but it just looks really small as well as the brush is very little i got this in my stocking for xmas i took one look at it opened and i said i hate this when i tried i was actually pleasantly surprised it does give great volume and length theres definately a lot better mascaras out there nothing has beat my clinique high impact yet but this is actually really nice its also great for bottom lashes since the brush is so small

on 1/28/2010 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This is not the best nor the worst mascara I have came across. Overall, I think it is a good buy. It did give me nice full lashes. I have actually been asked a few times what I use for my lashes when I apply this mascara.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I don't understand the low reviews. This product stays on all day for me, from when I wake up at 7am until I head to bed at midnight. It definitely adds definition. It adds some curl, which kind of goes away by the evening. You just need to know how to maneuver the tiny wand, which isn't that hard.

on 1/13/2010 12:42:00 AM

Pretty expensive for no reason, but it's easy to find Revlon products on sale. First off, the brush sucks... the formula clumps on it easily and the brush hairs are short so it doesn't grab your lashes well. Also makes the mascara clump which is very noticeable.

It's not the worst, but there are a lot more drugstore brands out there that have better ones.

on 1/11/2010 9:20:00 PM

What a P.O.S.! The wand is terrible. I was so mad that I paid $10 (a lot for a store-brand) for this boring-looking mascara with a name that is false advertising! 3D? Extreme? How about Extremely Fat, Sticky Gob on a Tiny Wand by Revlon.

Revlon's products are so-so in my eyes. I expect more from them than I would from CG or Maybelline, etc.

The wand is tiny and there is no filter in the tube to scrape off the excess mascara so you end up with a gob of formula. The formula completely overwhelms the wand Imagine a gob on the tip of your finger and trying to lengthen your lases with it. Impossible to build, lengthen or add volume.

I thought the wand was broken off when I originally saw it. Revlon needs tp design bigger version of this wand. This is not one of those new special wands where you are supposed to apply it vertically.

!!!!!This is one of the worst products I have ever used!!!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Who invented this catastrophe of a brush? Really revlon? You thought this would be smart?

on 1/4/2010 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I use it over my waterpoof mascara as it doesn't hold my straight lashes in a curl well at all. however, it builds beautifully on top of that mascara without weighing the lashes down. Little clumping, but i notice flaking thoughout the day which gets really bad if i accidentally rub my eyes. Minimal smudging though.

on 12/28/2009 12:31:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

When I first pulled out the mascara wand I thought that the tip had broken off. It's tiny compared to my normal CG Lashblast. I didn't think I would like it being that it is the complete opposite of CG LB. Turns out, i'm liking it more every time I use it, though application is completely different. It has more potential for clumping and it takes longer because the brush is so small BUT i'm loving that I can attend to virtually every lash and it gives me great volume. I'm not having clumping issues either. Thumbs up.
addendum: this dried out way too quickly and now it's extremely clumpy and hard to work with.

on 12/27/2009 4:47:00 PM

The wand of this brush is the biggest bulkiest thing ever. You pull out the wand and there's a whole bunch of mascara liquid on it, and you can hardly comb this through your lashes without it getting clumped up. There is no visible "teeth" to this wand where you can glide through your individual eyelashes.. Really bad mascara. Very pricey too for a mascara of this caliber.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

In general, I'm a fan of DS mascaras (b/c they're convenient) but NOT this one.
Packaging: I thought all mascara packaging was the same but somehow this sucks. The tube is actually hard to open despite the 'tire print' on the metal. The wand is weirdly shaped (which isn't a total negative). The bulb at the end is good for the "point the mascara wand up to hit the outside lashes" practice - but doesnt have full size bristles all the way down. Also the wand is really small - which is a positive for us short/small lashed mavens (a la "Lash Discovery").
Product: Unfortunately, the formula is thick & chunky and after the initial swipe, sometimes the wand is too small to deposit mascara.
The formula doesn't flake, lasts all day and doesn't irritate contact wearers BUT I won't be purchasing again simply because there are better mascaras out there for similar prices.

Popular Mascaras