December 17, 2014 | 1815 users online

Hair Treatments - Extra Strength Hair Color Remover - Color Oops

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by iloveyallsreviews

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been dying my hair BLACK PERMANET AND DEMI PERMANET for several years and i must say that this stuff is amazing way better than any other hair color remover my hair is nice and not brittle i used this with anti dandruff shampoo and did 2 rounds cuz i had left overs and i hate to waste product so i shampooed overall about 4.5 times than deep conditioned.
i love this product and highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by angelisam02

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Even after reading mostly positive reviews for this product I was still skeptical that it would actually work. But it does! I've colored my hair for 15 years, it is naturally dark blonde and I have been golden blonde for the last year. I decided to go a little darker for the fall and used a light brown box color. Usually I have no problem with this particular brand but this time my hair came out bright orange. I bought Color Oops and followed the directions exactly, giving my hair a couple extra shampoos at the end. I then towel dried it until it was just damp, drenched it in conditioner and let it sit for a couple of hours. My hair is now almost exactly the same color it was to begin with, just a teeny bit redder, and is no more damaged than it was to start with. It does smell bad and the sulfur smell lingers a little, but no worse than box color and it was totally worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by palefawn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I guess I have two separate little reviews to do on this, as I used it in different situations. I dyed my hair black for years, and finally wanted to go back to my natural redhead color. I heard about this stuff, purchased two boxes for my longer hair, and went at it. The smell is really strong, and slightly putrid, like a very strong sulfer smell, so as a warning: WEAR OLD CLOTHES WHEN YOU USE THIS AND HAVE WINDOWS OPEN. The smell will stick with whatever it gets on, so be careful. The first time I used it, it took out a bit of color, and the second time I used it, a slight bit more. If you've bee dying your hair with permanent color for years, this product will not remove all of it (for that purpose, I would recommend the L'oreal Hair Color Remover, it worked for me). A few weeks after I had tried the Color Oops, I put a box of flame-orange dye on my head on a whim. Used Color Oops one last time a few days after, and it took the orange out perfectly. I do recomment this product for those who want to remove dye they have done recently. Also, READ THE DIRECTIONS. Most failed cases I've heard of have been from people who did NOT read the directions. It is a bit of a hassle, because you're going to be spending 20+ minutes solely rinsing your hair, but seriously, read the directions all the way through. THIS IS NOT GOOD FOR REMOVING 'ODD' COLORS, LIKE PINK, BLUE, ETC. It says so in the directions, but in very small print, and people who have used it to try to remove that kind of dye have had horrific results.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 9:10:00 AM More reviews by BritHatley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a life-saving product. After taking color advice from a friend who works at Sally's (who is a licensed cosmetologist) I regretted and hated my color. I was aiming for a Kate Winslet in Titanic red... the color I got was an Ariana Grande pink/fuchsia nightmare. I purchased the conditioning Color Oops and did the test strand to see if my hair would hold up to the abuse. Thankfully, it did. I applied Color Oops to the rest of my hair, waited while it processed for 20 minutes, and I rinsed for another 20. After letting my hair air dry, I was thrilled to find that my hair was a beautiful light golden blonde color.
I deep conditioned for 2 hours before re-dying my hair with L'oreal professionals color Medium-Intense Copper Red. I am IN LOVE with my new color.
I purchased Color Oops at Ulta for $9.99, I had no damage, and no lingering odor. That being said, I can see how the smell could be alarming to someone who's never had to remove color before. It smells like sweet sulfur and mayonaisse.
Word of advice for all of those who have lots of experience coloring your hair: DO NOT take advice from a friend if it goes against everything you've learned through coloring your own hair. Good Luck

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by sssaaarrraaahhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried to dye my medium reddish brown hair back to my natural color which is a dark dark brown/soft black. I used Clairol's nice n easy in soft black, and it came out jet black. I was horrified! I have very pale skin so the black made me look sickly. I tried washing it a million times and nothing worked, so I found color oops. After reading all the good reviews I decided to give it a try. Yes it does have an unpleasant odor to it but honestly its not that bad. So after I rinsed it out I was amazed. no trace of jet black was left in my hair! My hair is now back to a medium brown, just how I wanted. I am very pleased with this product. My hair also doesn't feel damaged at all. I recommend this to anyone who has an unwanted dark hair color. Also I have very thick bra strap length hair and I used the entire bottle. So if your hair is longer than mine I'd suggest buying 2 boxes.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by terrortwigg

I have used Color Oops three separate times on my hair and have been quite pleased with all of the results. I have very strong hair that is quite resilient to damage from dyes, so I dye it at home a lot. I've used Color Oops twice to correct a dye job gone wrong, and once because I wanted to remove some of the red tones before going a bit more ashy. The application is easy, just like normal box dye except the product is very watery. It smells horrendous, the main scent is sulfur (rotten eggs...) and then they threw some floral perfume in it to try and cover it up but it just makes for an eye wateringly awful scent. Anyways, it won't bring you back to your natural colour because hair dye has peroxide that lightens your hair before it deposits colour, so you will absolutely have to re-dye. I can't stress enough how important it is to rinse your hair and wash it about a zillion times with a clarifying shampoo or dishsoap, because the color oops only shrinks the dye molecules and then it's up to you to wash them all out, that's why sometimes people say their hair just gets dark again after application. The dye molecules re-deposit into the hair. The dying process after color oops is a bit of a gamble, because there's no way to guarantee how much colour will take. Honestly, if you have had a really awful dye job it's worth a shot to save some money before going to a hairdresser to get a colour correction.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 10:05:00 PM More reviews by 19sarah83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Color Oops worked very well for me. I need to start with that.
I've been bleaching and colouring my hair for about 14 years, most recently i had coloured my hair vibrant red at a salon and then used Superior Preference a couple times. Looked great, but got to be a hassle (as i knew it would) to keep the colour fresh, and i missed being a blonde.
I ordered Color Oops Extra Strength and Extra Conditioning online, used them both (I have lots of shoulder length hair) according to their instructions, so it goes on like hair dye, wait 20 minutes, then rinse and wash repetedly as this is the key to the success of Color Oops! I understand it may not work for ALL but it worked for me, hence this review :) My hair ended up a yellow/orange, i expected this as i've been bleaching my hair, it won't go back to it's natural colour. I decided that wasn't the greatest look on me and bought some very light ash blonde dye, much better. It didn't lift to a light ash blonde though, more of a mid/light golden blonde, then a couple days later and lots of conditioning, i put in highlights. Perfect.
Very satisfied with this product!! There is no trace of red colour left, it wasn't damaging to my hair, and it was simple to use. I recommend this to anyone who wants a colour change and wants to save money at the same time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by sarahdevon

After dyeing my naturally cool dark blonde hair for years first dark brown and then bright red (25+ layers of dye), I used Color Oops hoping to at least strip enough red out to dye it a medium brown and get closer to my natural color. Amazingly enough, Color Oops removed almost all of it! My thick, wavy hair is now dark blonde with a bit of a strawberry tint and SO soft. I am beyond impressed and may not put any other color over it at all!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 6:29:00 AM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been coloring my hair black and blue black for YEARS. I'm talking about 8 years of coloring my hair the darkest possible color every 3 weeks or so. I figured that it was time for a change so I bought color oops to do it at home without bleach. I left it on for about 15 minutes (box recommends 20) and then rinsed/shampooed as directed. My natural colored roots were untouched(unlike with bleach, where they would be white), the top part of my hair was a brassy orange color and the length of my hair was dark brown. It did a great job of pulling the black out of my hair. I then colored it with a medium brown, and while it pulled a little darker due to my hair being porous, I am still happy with the results. My hair is pretty dry already, so this didnt help at all, but I did a deep conditioning treatment afterwards and it feel really soft. It was a great and much MUCH easier way to go about it. Thanks!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Kittens88

A couple of months ago I decided to colour my hair a really bright reddy-Auburn. I loved the colour but as we all know red is notorious for not staying vibrant for very long. Eventually it faded into a dark auburn. It was still a very nice colour for me, but I needed a change.

In previous years I had used L'Oreals Professional Secrets Haircolour Remover. It destroyed my hair. I have very thick, coarse, wavy hair, and it killed my ends and left my hair super dry. I knew that I had to strip my hair in order to go for another colour, but I did not want to go through the agony that L'Oreal caused me.

Enter Colour Oops.

I wanted to take my hair to a very bright red, but where my hair was at, it was going to need some work. I found Colour Oops at my local Thrifty Drugs. It was $10.25CDN a box, which to me isn't bad seeing as the L'Oreal one was $15.99CDN.

I did my research and saw very favourable reviews for Colour Oops. It had no bleach or amonnia so I figured how bad can it be?

Well let me start off my saying that yes...The smell is pretty nasty. At first I didn't notice it, but don't worry...it comes. be forewarned that it does linger in your hair for a couple of days.

The process was very simple. Just like mixing hair colour, you mix in a bottle of the remover into a developer type liqued. It is very runny and tends to get everywhere, so please use caution!

It did not take long to cover my hair. Like I said previously I have thick, coarse, long and wavy hair, so I needed two boxes.

I waited half and hour for this stuff to set in and then got ready to rinse. Now at first I was discouraged as I didn't see much lightning to my hair before I started rinising, but trust me, it starts as soon as the water hit your hair.

I rinised for 5min and then shampooed my hair. I then began the long task of sitting in the shower for 25 minutes. I rinised and rinised and rinised. I began to panic as my hair was starting to feel like garabge...

After all was said and done I got out of the shower and took a look at my new hair. I went from dark auburn, to a very light honey brown. I was quite surprised! I threw some deep conditioning treatment in and waited an hour or so and rinised again.

I decided to wait 24 hours before I put new colour on, but in those 24 hours my hair felt no different then before I had the colour removed. I think the deep conditioning treatment helped a lot.

I put my new colour on the next night and found it set perfectly. My hair still feels fabulous and healthy. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who wants a new haircolour but has some work to do before they can achieve it. I will continue to use Colour Oops and I will tell everyone about it! Just be sure to read the instructions throughly and have some deep conditioner on hand.

You will NOT be dissapointed!!