September 2, 2014 | 1784 users online

Primer/ Corrector - LORAC - Oil-Free Neutralizer

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2006 12:03:00 PM More reviews by CareBearReilly

I too got this as a sample from Sephora and I thought it would be great for me because I have pale, sensitive skin that can flush and tends to be pink, however, a little bit of this has now made my face look almost muddy and dull. It didn't do anything for a few pimples I have and I just don't see the point in buying something that doesn't really do it's job, and that makes my face look sickly. Yuck. Not for me. Sephora might still have this as a sample, so if you are wondering if it's for you, my suggestion would be get a sample first.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2006 12:12:00 PM More reviews by xtinaxtina

I got a sample of this with my Sephora order. I tried it & by the end of the day, I had three pimples on my chin. Uh, thanks, no.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2006 11:21:00 AM More reviews by gwennw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Why am I first finding out about this product now? I have been looking for a product to neutralize the red on my cheeks and around my nose for years! I have tried everything, and I have managed to cover my redness with foundation and concealer, but never with 1 product, until now. I applied this neutralizer all over my face, and at first, I was shocked! Oh no! This color is all wrong for me! It looks like pale greyish-yellow! It also felt dry. I kept blending, just to see what would happen, and within a minute, the initial color disappeared, and left behind, a matte, smooth finish, that had cleared of all signs of redness! My complextion looked airbrushed! I was able to put my foundation away, and continued to do my m/u without any concealor or foundation. My three complaints are: first, it leaves my complextion a little pale. I use self-tanner on my face, and it seems to negate the self tanning effect. It was nothing a little bronzer couldn't fix. Second, the pump applicator squirts out way too much product. I have been trying to do a 'half pump', to only get out a little bit, but I still seem to end up with alot more product than I need, and I hate having to waste it. I have figured out to twist off the cap, and wipe off the amount of product I need off of the plastic pump tubing. Much more efficient than the pump. Finally, this product sometimes magnifies imperfections in the texture of my skin. If it is flakey, or dry, this will really make it stand out. I am still very impressed with the ability of this product to do what it claims to do...neutralize redness in an oil-free way, and will definitely re-purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2006 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Aviolet

I got this as a sample with a Sephora order and was very excited to try it out! Unfortunetly it didn't live up to its promise of covering up inperfections and I doubt I'll even finish up the sample. My regular concealer does a much better job!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2006 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Lauralena

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a PPP with WHITE skin and dark hair. But I have these damned pink cheeks. Not rosacea, just a tad flushed. And I know it's obvious when friends and coworkers say things like, "And it goes so nice with your pink cheeks." Well, if my cheeks are going to be pink, I'll be the one to decide when and how pink, TYVM. So I went into a Sephora and the salesgirl told me that that was the best neutralizer by far and that it was oil free, which I liked. I've only used this for about a week, and—and a number of review here have backed me up on this—it took me a while till I discovered the best method of application. What I do is, first I apply my daytime moisturizer. Then I apply the Lorac to my cheeks, patting my cheeks gently and blending like crazy around the edges. I let the whole thing dry while I finish getting dressed. Then, once it's dry, I apply my foundation (Chanel Teint Fluide Universel—my favorite foundation!!!—in Cameo). It obliterates the pink completely!!!

Okay, so why not five lippies? First, I hate the pump. Way too much comes out in one pump, which I wind up wiping off my fingers. So it's a waste. Second, and again, maybe I'm not applying it right, but the makeup (Lorac + foundation) on my cheeks looks a tad thick, if you're way up close. Third, by the end of the day, I see that damn pink a-shinin' through. I think I need to revisit Sephora and learn the best way to apply this. But despite this, I love this product and will continue to use it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2006 1:47:00 PM More reviews by sheilaKL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow! I can't believe I didn't buy this product sooner...it really does make my skin look flawless! One pump does my whole face..it really makes my skin look good on it's own, but when i finish it with my Sue Devitt whipped foundation (pretty sheer on it's own) my skin looks perfectly smooth. Amazing results! For reference i wear LM Moisturizing in Porcelain (for heavier coverage) and SD Quite & Still. If you have any redness or ruddyness in your face give this a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2006 12:57:00 PM More reviews by gwynnie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG even if I hate the pump. A Lorac saleperson demoed this on me when I was looking at the sheer washes and I ended up buying this instead! I have Mac N3 skin with lots of red, especially in the cheeks. I use 1 squirt mixed well with my dermalogica moisturizer all over my face. It takes the redness down just the notch I need. Some spots will still be red, like around the nose but a little concealer applied sparingly with a brush gets rid of it. No need for foundation after this for me. I'll buy this again and again if I ever manage to run out.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2005 2:20:00 AM More reviews by Pomlvr

I wanted this to work to cover the redness in my cheeks, but it didn't. Well, maybe a little but not enough to notice a big difference. Also the texture of this is weird when you rub it in, and does not blend very easily. The pump is nice but always pumped out way to much, too fast. Would not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2005 10:26:00 PM More reviews by cb129

I use this product only underneath my eyebrow and eyelid area which have darkish red undertones and the greenish tint of this product takes care of the uneven tones. I apply a warm beige tone conealer over it and my eyes look brighter and more open. For that I love this product. However, I would not use it for acne spots or an overall facial or cheek primer because the greenish, whitish tint doesn't look right on my pale skin. I'd give it 5 lippies for the neutralizing effect it has on my dark reddish eye circles, but because of the $30 price I have to give it 4 lippies.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2005 1:38:00 AM More reviews by commercesd

I got this product before I knew any better. I have very little redness or evening out to do, and have found that it's much more affordable to just use a good moisturizer that evens out skin tone, like Aveeno or Olay, then just use a very small amount of luminous foundation (like Glowtion Skin Brightener in Linen) -- because I just don't really need this and it has to be applied so sparingly, that it's a pain. If you have rosacea or something, and really need help with your skin, this stuff might do the trick, but for someone like me with nearly perfect skin, it is a total waste of money - especially since you have to use it over a moisturizer. I don't like a lot of stuff on my face - and I've found that if you really like the green tint action, you can use Physician's Formula green tint moisturizer, and you can use that alone. Not only is that much more affordable, but you don't have to use so many products. I wish I'd discovered that before I spent so much money... and now I rarely use any green or neutralizer stuff at all!