October 1, 2014 | 1439 users online

Primer/ Corrector - MAC - Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by peunwha

I love it
it's like Primer + Sunblock , so all in 1.

smooth texture, no breaking out, not greasy, not matt. not too expensive 27$ ( I used to use Clarins uv plus, cause it gave my face dewy great looking texture but costs 40$ )
this makes my makeup last all day. good product

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 6:13:00 AM More reviews by Corak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very oily, acne-prone skin, my nose is always congested with blackheads, my cheeks and chin suffer from hormonal breakouts every month, and I will never live without this primer in my makeup routine. I used to be a bit of a cheapskate and just primed with my Effaclar M moisturizer or applied foundation on my bare skin. Biggest makeup rookie mistake ever. Because my face is constantly covered in active breakouts, I use a full coverage long-lasting foundation everyday (my HG foundation is Shiseido sun liquid foundation SPF 43). However, without a primer this foundation absolutely ravaged my raw and sensitive breakout areas. After this terrifying ordeal I would say one of the most valuable properties of this primer is in protecting your face from those especially harsh ingredients that are present in water-resistant foundations. The protective properties really are twofold: 1) seals in your serum or moisturizer, 2) prevents your foundation from settling into your pores and blemishes. After I cleanse my face, I apply my day serum, then apply a pea-sized amount of this primer all over the face including my eyelids and under-eye area. It is not drying for my oily skin and it leaves a matte and smooth canvas for which to apply my foundation after about 10 mins. This is the best performing primer in its price bracket and highly recommended to prime underneath heavy-duty foundations.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2012 2:31:00 AM More reviews by ckn23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loved this product. It worked so well as both a primer and an SPF (although I used sunscreen under it because no-one wears enough primer to actually protect for UV rays). Anyway, that wasnt the issue. The issue was that it broke me out horribly. In fact, I was in denial that this was the cause for quite a while because I loved it so much, but just after stopping it my skin suddenly got so much better.
So very sad. I guess be careful if you are acne-prone/sensitive to silicones.

If you aren't, then buy this!! I have a very oily T-zone and a very dry (flaky) cheeks, and this evened out everything wonderfully. Great product, but didn't work for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2012 6:25:00 AM More reviews by cadbury

I was mainly trying this for the sunscreen properties, as I have no need for a primer.

Like other reviewers, mine also separated, so that it came out as a clear oil like substance and a white cream.
When I applied it, it felt like I was putting a layer of oil on my face. Once applied, it felt fine, but it did not help my liquid foundation go on smoother. In fact, my nose looked cakey instead of smooth.

My main issue with it is this: after removing with oil cleanser followed by cleansing wash, I moisturised as usual. When I felt my face a few minutes later, it had a sticky, greasy feel to it. I double cleansed again, and thought everything was okay, but after some time the greasy feeling returned, less than the first time but it was still there.
I did not want to over wash my face, so I left it alone for a few hours. I blotted with oil absorbing papers, but I was still left with a layer of something on my face.

Going into trying this product, I was wary of the amount of silicones and knew that I was taking the risk of breaking out. If that was the reaction I had, I would not have too much of a negative perception of it, as I can break out easily. Instead, I was not expecting the quality of this product to be so strange, especially for the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by deamber

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Grey

I have a love hate relationship with this. The first time I tried it, it made me brake out. I have extremely sensitive skin so I stoped using it. After a couple weeks I tried it again. It didn't cause break outs the second time around and I felt like my skin felt smoother, and my foundation looked good. I wear blush daily and whenever I put this on my blush stays put all day long, and I mean all day long. I actually have to pat it down with a tissue because my blush stays strong all day and sometimes it can be overwelming if it doesn't fade a bit lol. I haven't noticed any difference with my oilyness but that could be because I have extremely oily skin that no product can help me. I don't know if I will buy this product again, I don't use it daily but I give it props for the staying power and the spf.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by ashleytohl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The packaging color is really pretty with the sparkles. But I hate in the end I feel like you're wasting product.

I love the fact that it had spf 50 and I never felt like I had sunscreen on my face. So if you're getting it for that as well then go for it. :) I noticed that it made my cheaper foundations stay on longer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Kimberlyj33110

Looovveee this. Finally a product with high SPF that actually enhances your face,increases the wear time of your makeup, helps foundation glide on smoothly and dosent turn it into an oily mess by noon. I do still need to blot by 1 or 2ish in my t-zone. There have been a few occasions where I didn't have a chance and my skin didnt look as shiny as it did with other primers. You only need a little bit, the tube is sanitary but needs MAJOR improvements. There is a point in the life cycle of this magic little tube that makes it damn near impossible to squeeze out the remaining product. So, I cut the tube in half and scoop out the remaining MONTH worth of product into a sample jar. So that sucks and is a hassle. The product is so good, it's worth it but it would be nice to not have to do that :) But the formula is just great. Also, the price is relatively reasonable considering that an ounce for $30 will last near 3 months. Please Mac, put this in a pump :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 6:58:00 AM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I have rosacea and have to be careful about sunscreens. My skin reacts badly to chemical sunscreens. Zinc oxide is the primary sunscreen ingredient in this product so I decided to give it a try.

This is a sticky mess of a product that is not suitable for combo/dry skin. My face felt tight and tacky all day. My foundation looked worse with this under it than it did with no primer.

I'm giving it two stars and not one because my skin didn't react to it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by cjMadamFresa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i tried this a few times mixed with mac's comfort creme and my skin stung for over 2 hours and itched a lot, but my makeup wouldve lasted all day but my skin looked dry, flaky, and crusty and it hurt so much i had to take it off after 4 hours. towards the end of the evening my t-zone was in need of some powdering. when i washed my face i noticed small bumps on my skin. my skin stung when i tried to apply lotion. i then tried it without the comfort cream. my makeup looked great, the t-zone thing didnt happen again, but the bumps did happen again, and the stinging happened again and this time i got huge breakouts. my skin is very sensitive so this may have just been my problem and might not happen to others. thats why i gave it a 2 instead of a 3 or a 4. i'll be trying other primers soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have extremely oily skin, and have tried numerous face primers, both high end and low end. This is the best I have come across that not only keeps oil at bay but also has SPF that is high enough to actually block harmful rays. If you use acids or retin-a, etc on your skin, you really need to be using a high SPF.
I do think it is a bit pricey because it is a small tube but it is worth it to me because nothing else has worked as well.
It is white but it does not leave a white cast to my skin. I cant say how it would do with moisturizer because I always use this on a bare face and then add liquid foundation on top.