April 19, 2014 | 1617 users online

Primer/ Corrector - MAC - Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by ashleytohl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The packaging color is really pretty with the sparkles. But I hate in the end I feel like you're wasting product.

I love the fact that it had spf 50 and I never felt like I had sunscreen on my face. So if you're getting it for that as well then go for it. :) I noticed that it made my cheaper foundations stay on longer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Kimberlyj33110

Looovveee this. Finally a product with high SPF that actually enhances your face,increases the wear time of your makeup, helps foundation glide on smoothly and dosent turn it into an oily mess by noon. I do still need to blot by 1 or 2ish in my t-zone. There have been a few occasions where I didn't have a chance and my skin didnt look as shiny as it did with other primers. You only need a little bit, the tube is sanitary but needs MAJOR improvements. There is a point in the life cycle of this magic little tube that makes it damn near impossible to squeeze out the remaining product. So, I cut the tube in half and scoop out the remaining MONTH worth of product into a sample jar. So that sucks and is a hassle. The product is so good, it's worth it but it would be nice to not have to do that :) But the formula is just great. Also, the price is relatively reasonable considering that an ounce for $30 will last near 3 months. Please Mac, put this in a pump :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 6:58:00 AM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I have rosacea and have to be careful about sunscreens. My skin reacts badly to chemical sunscreens. Zinc oxide is the primary sunscreen ingredient in this product so I decided to give it a try.

This is a sticky mess of a product that is not suitable for combo/dry skin. My face felt tight and tacky all day. My foundation looked worse with this under it than it did with no primer.

I'm giving it two stars and not one because my skin didn't react to it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by cjMadamFresa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i tried this a few times mixed with mac's comfort creme and my skin stung for over 2 hours and itched a lot, but my makeup wouldve lasted all day but my skin looked dry, flaky, and crusty and it hurt so much i had to take it off after 4 hours. towards the end of the evening my t-zone was in need of some powdering. when i washed my face i noticed small bumps on my skin. my skin stung when i tried to apply lotion. i then tried it without the comfort cream. my makeup looked great, the t-zone thing didnt happen again, but the bumps did happen again, and the stinging happened again and this time i got huge breakouts. my skin is very sensitive so this may have just been my problem and might not happen to others. thats why i gave it a 2 instead of a 3 or a 4. i'll be trying other primers soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have extremely oily skin, and have tried numerous face primers, both high end and low end. This is the best I have come across that not only keeps oil at bay but also has SPF that is high enough to actually block harmful rays. If you use acids or retin-a, etc on your skin, you really need to be using a high SPF.
I do think it is a bit pricey because it is a small tube but it is worth it to me because nothing else has worked as well.
It is white but it does not leave a white cast to my skin. I cant say how it would do with moisturizer because I always use this on a bare face and then add liquid foundation on top.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2012 9:39:00 AM More reviews by MsTripleChoc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do love this primer but only if i use it in a specific way. If i use this product without a moisturiser then my face is matt all day long, and i mean not a bead of oil in site!
Now if i use this product over my normal facial moisturiser the effects are so so.
I've also noticed less is more with this product, the less i use the more shine control, if i use too much my makeup just sits on my face and feels like its about to slide off.

Im unsure of the quality of the Spf in this product as still tan as quickly when im using it.

The only downfall with this product is the packaging, the bottle makes it hard for you to get a small amount out and its hard to squeeze, when your coming to the end of the product.

Overall a good product

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by maggiejeanjones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried almost everything under the sun to keep my face from being a complete grease pit (I have to blot at least 3-4 times throughout my workday), and nothing has worked. I gave this a try after hearing good things on the makeup board, and I am so glad that I did!!!!!! This has been the only product to take my face blotting down to only once a day, and keep my makeup in place. The cost is a little pricey (but worth it), but it is reasonable compared to other physical suncreeens on the market. A little of this product goes a long way (I use a nickle-size amount, and it covers my whole face). If you have oil/super-oil skin this product is a MUST HAVE and completely worth the $30!!!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by avi00z

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this product last summer because I was looking for a mutipurpose primer. The product comes in a black tube . At the beginnig , I was really happy with the product , it would make the make up last longer in my oily t-zone and at the same time it was protecting my skin from the sun. Then for a while I stopped using the product ( don't remember why) and this time around when I used this product for only a couple days, I ended up with pimples on my chin and also small little bumps around my chin area and I am positive the breakout was because of this product since this was the only thing that I added to my daily routine. Once I stopped using this, the breakout stopped. Also, I think this product works best with liquid foundations rather than powder products as far as oil control goes. When I use this under my powder foundation , I see no difference. The packaging for this is just terrible , when you get near the end, the product doesn't come out and if you want to use the whole thing , you have to cut the tube open and put the rest of the stuff in a jar which isn't very hygeneic. like any other mac product this stuff is pretty pricey and you don't get a lot of product for the money you are paying. Overall, I would not buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 11:27:00 AM More reviews by OoBrittany

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin, and I usually have to blot at least twice a day. This is the ONLY thing that's ever worked for me. It keeps my makeup looking fresh all day. Worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by dearladydisdain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am IN LOVE with this primer. I have very oily skin and have tried EVERYTHING to keep my face matte and my makeup on. This primer is the only thing that has ever worked. I don't even have to blot anymore and my makeup stays on all day. I also love that this is SPF 50. I have seen others say it is expensive, but it is less money per volume than Smashbox primers and it is COMPLETELY worth it.

The packaging is my only criticism of this product - opaque packaging annoys me because I like to see how much is left. This doesn't bother me much since the product is so great, though.