December 22, 2014 | 1612 users online

Primer/ Corrector - MAC - Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2012 7:10:00 AM More reviews by kkler1988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I live in the UK and tried this twice and saw no noticable difference- negative or positive.
Last week however, I went away on holiday and needed a high SPF for my face so took this with no expectation of it doing anything dramatic for my makeup. On my first day on holiday- where the temp was well above 25c- I did a tour of the city on foot and swam and my makeup (full face) stayed immaculate! I wore the primer for the full weekend and my makeup stayed on and never needed blotting.
Now back in the UK, I have been using this ever day with no negative effect- I can honestly see a difference in the tone of my skin, meaning I need a little less concealer and it really does keep my makeup looking matte and smooth.
I only give it four stars as I have only been using it for a week- God knows what will happen to my skin in the next month...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 8:55:00 AM More reviews by annasandler

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This product is wonderful for helping my makeup last. I also love it because of the SPF50. I use it instead of a moisturiser and as a primer under makeup in the mornings. My skin is looking good but it is erring on the dry side so I wonder if I need an additional moisturiser or serum to help- then perhaps it wouldn't work as well. Overall am very pleased and will buy again. I can see how the packaging will be a pin at the end as it will be very hard to get the last bits of product out without wastage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by peunwha

I love it
it's like Primer + Sunblock , so all in 1.

smooth texture, no breaking out, not greasy, not matt. not too expensive 27$ ( I used to use Clarins uv plus, cause it gave my face dewy great looking texture but costs 40$ )
this makes my makeup last all day. good product

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 6:13:00 AM More reviews by Corak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have very oily, acne-prone skin, my nose is always congested with blackheads, my cheeks and chin suffer from hormonal breakouts every month, and I will never live without this primer in my makeup routine. I used to be a bit of a cheapskate and just primed with my Effaclar M moisturizer or applied foundation on my bare skin. Biggest makeup rookie mistake ever. Because my face is constantly covered in active breakouts, I use a full coverage long-lasting foundation everyday (my HG foundation is Shiseido sun liquid foundation SPF 43). However, without a primer this foundation absolutely ravaged my raw and sensitive breakout areas. After this terrifying ordeal I would say one of the most valuable properties of this primer is in protecting your face from those especially harsh ingredients that are present in water-resistant foundations. The protective properties really are twofold: 1) seals in your serum or moisturizer, 2) prevents your foundation from settling into your pores and blemishes. After I cleanse my face, I apply my day serum, then apply a pea-sized amount of this primer all over the face including my eyelids and under-eye area. It is not drying for my oily skin and it leaves a matte and smooth canvas for which to apply my foundation after about 10 mins. This is the best performing primer in its price bracket and highly recommended to prime underneath heavy-duty foundations.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2012 2:31:00 AM More reviews by ckn23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loved this product. It worked so well as both a primer and an SPF (although I used sunscreen under it because no-one wears enough primer to actually protect for UV rays). Anyway, that wasnt the issue. The issue was that it broke me out horribly. In fact, I was in denial that this was the cause for quite a while because I loved it so much, but just after stopping it my skin suddenly got so much better.
So very sad. I guess be careful if you are acne-prone/sensitive to silicones.

If you aren't, then buy this!! I have a very oily T-zone and a very dry (flaky) cheeks, and this evened out everything wonderfully. Great product, but didn't work for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2012 6:25:00 AM More reviews by cadbury

I was mainly trying this for the sunscreen properties, as I have no need for a primer.

Like other reviewers, mine also separated, so that it came out as a clear oil like substance and a white cream.
When I applied it, it felt like I was putting a layer of oil on my face. Once applied, it felt fine, but it did not help my liquid foundation go on smoother. In fact, my nose looked cakey instead of smooth.

My main issue with it is this: after removing with oil cleanser followed by cleansing wash, I moisturised as usual. When I felt my face a few minutes later, it had a sticky, greasy feel to it. I double cleansed again, and thought everything was okay, but after some time the greasy feeling returned, less than the first time but it was still there.
I did not want to over wash my face, so I left it alone for a few hours. I blotted with oil absorbing papers, but I was still left with a layer of something on my face.

Going into trying this product, I was wary of the amount of silicones and knew that I was taking the risk of breaking out. If that was the reaction I had, I would not have too much of a negative perception of it, as I can break out easily. Instead, I was not expecting the quality of this product to be so strange, especially for the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by deamber

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Grey

I have a love hate relationship with this. The first time I tried it, it made me brake out. I have extremely sensitive skin so I stoped using it. After a couple weeks I tried it again. It didn't cause break outs the second time around and I felt like my skin felt smoother, and my foundation looked good. I wear blush daily and whenever I put this on my blush stays put all day long, and I mean all day long. I actually have to pat it down with a tissue because my blush stays strong all day and sometimes it can be overwelming if it doesn't fade a bit lol. I haven't noticed any difference with my oilyness but that could be because I have extremely oily skin that no product can help me. I don't know if I will buy this product again, I don't use it daily but I give it props for the staying power and the spf.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by ashleytohl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The packaging color is really pretty with the sparkles. But I hate in the end I feel like you're wasting product.

I love the fact that it had spf 50 and I never felt like I had sunscreen on my face. So if you're getting it for that as well then go for it. :) I noticed that it made my cheaper foundations stay on longer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Kimberlyj33110

Looovveee this. Finally a product with high SPF that actually enhances your face,increases the wear time of your makeup, helps foundation glide on smoothly and dosent turn it into an oily mess by noon. I do still need to blot by 1 or 2ish in my t-zone. There have been a few occasions where I didn't have a chance and my skin didnt look as shiny as it did with other primers. You only need a little bit, the tube is sanitary but needs MAJOR improvements. There is a point in the life cycle of this magic little tube that makes it damn near impossible to squeeze out the remaining product. So, I cut the tube in half and scoop out the remaining MONTH worth of product into a sample jar. So that sucks and is a hassle. The product is so good, it's worth it but it would be nice to not have to do that :) But the formula is just great. Also, the price is relatively reasonable considering that an ounce for $30 will last near 3 months. Please Mac, put this in a pump :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 6:58:00 AM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I have rosacea and have to be careful about sunscreens. My skin reacts badly to chemical sunscreens. Zinc oxide is the primary sunscreen ingredient in this product so I decided to give it a try.

This is a sticky mess of a product that is not suitable for combo/dry skin. My face felt tight and tacky all day. My foundation looked worse with this under it than it did with no primer.

I'm giving it two stars and not one because my skin didn't react to it.