Aveda Large Paddle Brush

4.7

I am undoubtedly in love with this brush! I was a drugstore brush user and I never thought a brush could glide though my fine/dense wavy hair like butter, but Avedaís paddle brush most certainly does...Iím in total awe. I donít know what makes this brush so much better for me than a similar drugstore brush, but it is, by leaps and bounds. I used to *loath* having to brush or comb my hair, just a total pita. Now, I find myself brushing my hair just for the heck of it because it feels good and makes my hair silky...thatís how much I love this brush! I love it on my scalp as well. I can see how those with a more sensitive scalp might find the bristles scratchy but on mine, it just feels like a phenomenal massage. At $17 it isnít cheap but itís a price Iíd willing pay again without much protest. A couple of reviewers mentioned giving this as a gift and I heartedly agree. My only wish is that Aveda would come out with a travel/purse size.

WOW! I'm a believer! I bought this after seeing raves for it on the hair board and I am so glad that I did. I had been using a round ceramic brush and didnt realize that it was causing me to look like I had split ends. I tried shampoo and conditioner one after another, thinking that was the problem. However, the first day that I styled my hair with this brush, it looked amazing! So soft and did exactly what i wanted it to, without having to use the flat iron hardly at all!

I was not offended at all by the price. I think Aveda products in general are pretty reasonable. I would have paid a lot more than $17 for this brush.

I have shoulder length inverted bob and I was concerned that this brush would not be able to achieve the look I was going through, but my hair has looked better than ever! I cannot recommend this brush enough! I think i am going to go out and buy each of my sisters one!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Bought this after Marlena recommended it from the Hair board. All I can say is WOW. Runs smoothly through my hair and such a great feel on my scalp. I am so happy with this purchase! I just trashed the rest of my brushes - this is all I need. I might have to purchase another for my husband, he likes it a lot, too!

After reading the reviews, thought I would splurge for the right brush for my Asian long (waist-length) med/fine straight hair. Where has this brush been all my life?????? It detangled my hair quickly, with few strokes, no static afterwards also. LOVE LOVE IT!

EXCELLENT! I have very thick curly hair that I'm growing out, and if I use a 1900 watt dryer and this brush, I can cut my drying time in half. This brush can manage the thickest of hair with ease. I usually style with a round brush but this is great for drying!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Let me say up front that I have naturally curly hair and I've not owned a brush in the nearly 9 years that I've kept my hair curly. All of a sudden I decided I wanted a change and I've been blow drying my hair straight. After reading the raves here in P'ville about the Aveda Paddle Brush I had to have one. It's a nice brush but really too big for my needs. I like the GHD vent brush much better.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

God I love this brush. It is perfect for my thick curly hair. It doesn't pull or snag, just glides effortlessly through my hair. Mine does not have the "balls" on the end of the bristles but I don't find that it scratches my scalp at all. In fact, it's the gentlest brush I've ever used on my head. It's great for blowdrying my hair straight too, I get such a perfect, effortess blowout with this. It looks beautiful and is light in your hand. Love it, love it, love it.

This is the best brush! I've had mine for years and love it. I give them as Christmas presents to my friends. Works well on all hair types.

This is a very good brush and worth the money, works great on alot of different hair. Thick and course, or fine and straight, or curly and straight. I have two and they have lasted for me longer than any other brush.

Great brush. I love my Mason Pearson as well, but I must say the Aveda is excellent for taming my very fine, long hair. A keeper :)

Popular Misc Beauty Tools