July 23, 2014 | 1212 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Aveda - Large Paddle Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2006 8:14:00 PM More reviews by tabloach

After reading the reviews, thought I would splurge for the right brush for my Asian long (waist-length) med/fine straight hair. Where has this brush been all my life?????? It detangled my hair quickly, with few strokes, no static afterwards also. LOVE LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2006 7:58:00 AM More reviews by Candlein

EXCELLENT! I have very thick curly hair that I'm growing out, and if I use a 1900 watt dryer and this brush, I can cut my drying time in half. This brush can manage the thickest of hair with ease. I usually style with a round brush but this is great for drying!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2006 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Marlena_M

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Let me say up front that I have naturally curly hair and I've not owned a brush in the nearly 9 years that I've kept my hair curly. All of a sudden I decided I wanted a change and I've been blow drying my hair straight. After reading the raves here in P'ville about the Aveda Paddle Brush I had to have one. It's a nice brush but really too big for my needs. I like the GHD vent brush much better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2006 3:42:00 PM More reviews by DebL66

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

God I love this brush. It is perfect for my thick curly hair. It doesn't pull or snag, just glides effortlessly through my hair. Mine does not have the "balls" on the end of the bristles but I don't find that it scratches my scalp at all. In fact, it's the gentlest brush I've ever used on my head. It's great for blowdrying my hair straight too, I get such a perfect, effortess blowout with this. It looks beautiful and is light in your hand. Love it, love it, love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2006 4:00:00 PM More reviews by johansenshawna

This is the best brush! I've had mine for years and love it. I give them as Christmas presents to my friends. Works well on all hair types.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2006 11:01:00 AM More reviews by mua4me

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a very good brush and worth the money, works great on alot of different hair. Thick and course, or fine and straight, or curly and straight. I have two and they have lasted for me longer than any other brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2006 2:37:00 AM More reviews by DontHateMeCuzImDutiful

Great brush. I love my Mason Pearson as well, but I must say the Aveda is excellent for taming my very fine, long hair. A keeper :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2006 9:00:00 PM More reviews by mcmunson

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love love love love this brush. It's gentle and works just like I need it to for drying my hair straight. I'm on my second one--the first one lasted for years. Get this-you won't be sorry!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2006 7:43:00 AM More reviews by jenni1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have had my paddle brush for about 4/5 years and I love it.
You can really be rough and will never scratch your head.
I think it is supposed to massage your head and it does feel really nice.
It was a great xmas pressie and now would never be without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2005 10:51:00 PM More reviews by undine24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Excellent, excellent, excellent brush. I've never loved a brush like I've loved this brush. I have thick, long, wavy hair, and taking a brush to it any less hard-core and high-quality than Aveda's large paddle brush (or a very similar brush, which I've yet to find but is a theoretical possibility) would be a waste of time. The only potential problem with this brush is that its body/handle is wooden and so cannot get wet (e.g., on the bathroom counter) without the finish being damaged. That said, though, the finish is terribly lovely, so I don't mind making sure to keep this brush far from H20. Most highly recommended!