April 18, 2014 | 1503 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - True Match Minerals

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2011 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Tsmith88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for a long time now, and I've only started to wonder now if it's contributing to my adult acne problem and irritating flakiness. I have no other foundation at the moment, and just ordered some from Faerie Organic. Can't wait to throw this stuff in the trash. It has some seriously skin-irritating, pore-clogging ingredients in it which I've only RECENTLY realized. I'm confident my acne is hormonal, but this stuff can't be helping. Plus, like others have said.. THE ITCHING. Ugh. It's the Bismuth in it. Try to find Bismuth free makeup, I can't wait until I get mine! I know I should stop using it immediately, but my skin has just gotten terrible and it's hard to leave the house with nothing on! STAY WAY IF YOU ARE ACNE PRONE.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2011 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Nuppu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

This is my 2nd favourite from minerals.The ones I have tried inc.the best:Loreal bare,BM(worst),EDM all formulas,Essentia Naturale,Revlon colourstay,Maybelline.Lily Lolo,MSCHIC baked mineral,Lumene mineral powder f.,J.Iredale pure pressed base,Diorskin loose,Mac mineralize skinfinish,dont know does Clinique almost powder f.counts).
W=warm undertones,C=cool,N=neutral.
The inc.brush I only use to my nose;cause its good size for that.You can easily put too much&get a mask.It covers well enough for me;some redness,uneven skintone.When applied probely,I got flawless skin compliments.And it lasts pretty much all day,which is important to me.I have N3,a shade too dark,put I use it in summer,so..The shades are always sold out here,except W,might try that.And its quite expensive here,about 20euros.I have bought second allready.And my favourite is Not Loreal bare,they are in random order.Update.used after a while and my face started itching:(.
Strange..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by markysa

Maybe I haven't tried that many mineral foundations to declare this as superb but this gives me great coverage, as I have PLENTY of acne marks all over my cheeks and I don't need to sweep it onto my skin multiple times. I'm quite surprised this got somewhat bad reviews. My face is very acne-prone, and this doesn't break me out. I switched to Everyday Minerals for a while (I got a sample) and that one was a major no-no. Awful coverage, needed millions of applications, and my face began to purge with small nasty bumps. But I think L'Oreal has replaced this with the Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral Powder though, which doesn't contain talc, has higher SPF so I'm thinking of trying that one as soon as I run out of my True Match powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2011 2:42:00 AM More reviews by lisafaustina

Below are the reasons why I would not buy this product again:
1. It makes my face look flaky. I have combination skin, and this makes even my T-zone flaky.
2. It kind of accentuates my acne. When I use my Clinique liquid foundation it does a nice job of covering it and making my face look even. However this foundation kinda made it look more visible somehow like a lot of powder foundation does to my skin..
3. The brush - it's horrible and irritates my skin. The bristles are too coarse. It doesn't allow the powder to be evenly applied onto the skin.
4. The limited shades - I have pale skin with pink undertones and there is not a single shade that is suitable for my skintone. Also the shades are all too dark and orange, and I'm not even that pale...
5. The price - it's too expensive
6. It says it's a mineral foundation, but we all know that it doesn't mean there isn't a single harmful chemical...

I think this foundation would be great for people who do not have acne-prone or sensitive skin, and generally more for people who have dark skin. On the brightside it does have a very creamy texture for a powder foundation and gives pretty good coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2011 12:24:00 PM More reviews by sasflipper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this mineral powder. The coverage is very natural - it let's my freckles show through while evening out my skin tone really well.

Application is a bit difficult when the product's new as it's quite hard to stop the brush picking up too much product. As you use more, the less that is a problem. I generally apply it with a Body Shop circular foundation brush instead and it goes on like a dream. You need to work it in circular motions and I find it really stays on well.

I have skin that can breakout from using liquid foundations so this really works well for me when I need to give my skin a couple of days rest from liquid foundation in the winter. Perfect for weekends when I don't need full makeup for work. In the summer, I use it everyday. It does a pretty good job of keeping my oily T-zone in check. Using a primer can help with and areas where it might sink into fine lines. I tend to use a primer just under the eyes and on any dry patches on my cheeks.

The colour choice is great for my yellow toned skin.

Overall, it's a winner!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by KaziaV

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Although not all the ingredients are natural, this gives the best coverage and loveliest healthy looking finish of all the mineral make ups Iíve tried (including Inika, The Body Shop, Lily Lolo, Revlon).
It must be applied correctly though, otherwise it will cake. I find it best to let my moisturiser soak in well first. Then I apply a very light dusting of Líoreal True Match Super Blendable Powder as a base before applying the Mineral Foundation. I find that this prevents any caking. Then I use a good quality Kabuki to apply the mineral foundation all over my face. I then go over any problem areas/blemishes with a smaller kabuki or the one provided with the product.
This stays in place all day without touch ups and it never oxidizes. I don't usually need concealer with this either.
Good range of shades. I use C2.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by susy1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

best mineral makeup i have tried so far. light to medium coverage. doesnt look like your wearing any makeup but evens out skin tone. brush isnt horrible.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2010 9:20:00 AM More reviews by Paulygirl21

I would have never purchased this myself, but it was included in a $10 deal our local Walgreens had going on and was purchased for me by my sweet mother. I pretty well knew that all of the products included in the bundle would be fails, but mother was so convinced of the deal, I went along.
First off: the whole True Match "technology" pitch is a crock. Even if it were possible (which it isn't), the point of foundation/concealer/powder is to even out (cover) imperfections-if this pseudo "technology" were able to match itself to your skintone, wouldn't it mimic those dark spots (and rough spots too, as it claims to precisely match texture)? Aside from that, my face is on the drier side (especially around the nose and cheeks). I *knew* this would be dry and cakey city-and it was. I typically apply little powder under my eyes to set my concealer and this looked horrible there, too. So bad in fact, that when I looked up in the rearview mirror at my complexion in broad daylight, I backed right up my driveway, went in, washed my face and started completely over. Big. Huge. Fail.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2010 5:25:00 PM More reviews by hair2nails

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As for the over all rating, this product gives me great coverage. The color matches my skin almost to a T. I have to say, this does give your skin a dry looking effect. I hate the way it looks when I put it on my nose, it makes it looks so dry if you get up close. It is really great for on the go, if I ever am in the car running late or something I just put this stuff on and WALA! I think it retails for 12 dollars and sometimes 11. The packaging I gave a 2 because the product spills out from the tiny sprinkle holes and when you open it, it either spills or you have mounds of product in and it waste a lot of it. If you have discoloring around your eyes I really recommend this product. Over all I will give this product a 4 star.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2010 11:52:00 AM More reviews by leoisillon

I THINK this is breaking me out. I will report back later to let you know for sure. I am recovering right now from another L'Oreal product (Go 360 face wash) so as soon as my face clears up I'll try this out again to see if it does (my poor face!). Anyway I kept hearing raves about this from some of my favorite Youtube gurus so I thought I'd give it a whirl even though I still have plenty of the mineral Revlon foundation left. The packaging is about as stupid as the Revlon mineral foundation but this one is ever so SLIGHTLY better in that the brush is actually on the outside of the sifter and it is better quality (but not by much). I didn't bother with it though, I depotted it straightaway and put into a real sifter that I bought from Sephora. I really don't get why drugstore brands feel the need to make silly packaging with extras like brushes when they can just make a regular sifter and include no brush. Honestly, when has the brush that comes with the packaging ever been useful? I think it's so they can feel justified when charging a few dollars more. So a $10 product becomes a $12-$14 product just because they added a brush. Really, L'Oreal? Who do u think you're playing?

Lol... ANYWAY... I've only used this a few times so I can't do a full review yet, but I'll give my first impressions.

Pros:
*unscented (I don't smell anything unlike the Revlon one)
*SPF factor
*nice color selection
*generous amount
*blends well
*light/medium coverage

Cons:
*inconvienient packaging
*pricey for drugstore
*possibly causes acne

To me the Revlon version provided more coverage and blended better. The first couple of times I used this I noticed strange, small pimples creep up on my cheeks. I don't know if it came from this product, but I stopped using and will try again to be sure.

Edit: Recently I tried this again and noticed breakouts. Unfortunately I can't use this product. I was starting to like the way it looked, but after a few days I noticed pimples. ;o( Can't buy again.