Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 70

3.0

PPD: 9.1 ||| Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3.0%), Homosalate (15.0%), Octisalate (5.0%), Octocrylene (2.8%), Oxybenzone (6.0%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Styrene Acrylate Copolymer, Silica, Diethylhexyl 2,6 Naphthalate, Beeswax, Caprylyl Methicone, Cetyl Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, BHT, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Acrylates C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Xanthan Gum, Trideceth 6, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disodium EDTA, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance, 9.1

on 6/4/2009 9:07:00 AM

Sorry to disagree with the majority here but I love this sunscreen. I need a high SPF due to my roseacea and I have tried La Roche Posay Anthelios XL 60 and didn't like it. It was very greasy, left that ghostly white cast, made my face shiny and I felt that it made my face sweaty. Same thing with a Bio Therm one I tried. I find the Neutrogena goes on easily, no shiny face and I found it absorbed nicely. No whiteness.

on 5/26/2009 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

One word for this product - HORRIBLE! I used to use SPF 45 and it was just perfect for my skin tone and type but this one is absolutely a waste of money. It left a white film behind making me look like a ghost and the white residue never sank in or disappeared until I rubbed it off. It is NOT dry touch and does leave your skin oily. I am so going back to SPF 45 but don't know what to do with this tube.

on 5/23/2009 8:08:00 PM

What a disappointment! This product caused me to break out all over my face after finally having my acne-prone skin under control for almost a year. I guess I'm stuck with spf 15 from my MM only:(

I'm a nut about sunscreen and I buy alot of them. This is still my old standby for days in the sun. I am very fair but also acneic. I use tazorac and this doesn't irritate my skin. It's too much for daywear, but works when I really need protection. If I use it for more than two days in a row it definitely causes breakouts. This one is my husbands favorite but my daughter has mentioned that it sometimes burns her eyes. I wish Neutrogena would start adding mexoryl to its sunscreens.

Ouchieeeeeee my eyes burn! I applied this to my face. I sweat-->sunblock drips into my eyes-->HUGE ouchie. Other than that, the sunblock is weightless and blends easily into my skin. However, I don't think I will repurchase. i've had other sunblocks drip into my eyes, and this one burns the most.

on 5/17/2009 11:47:00 PM

This is my staple sunscreen for times when I am going to be outside for an extended period of time (beach, camping, etc). I'm very, very fair with light eyes and red hair--basically, I turn red if I'm in the sun for 15 minutes without sunscreen.

I have worn this camping, at the Santa Cruz Boardwalk, to the beach in San Diego, on train ride in the direct sun, etc. and have yet to suffer a burn or even darker freckles! It's not greasy (as the name implies) and absorbs quickly. I DO reapply this once per hour, which is why I think I've had so much success with this product (no sunscreen will work well if you don't reapply while you're out!).

That said, I do feel like it's expensive and you don't get enough product. The bottle is 3 ounces...and, well, it takes about one ounce to cover your entire body. Nevertheless, until I find something that comparable and less expensive, I'll continue to buy this for my summertime trips!

on 5/14/2009 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I agree with so many others on this board about this product. I bought it rather inexpensively at a warehouse store and thought it would be a great improvement over the SPF 55 that I bought last year. Boy, was I disappointed! It never blends in and leaves a white cast-- unlike the SPF 55 which was great on my dark skin. It's going back tomorrow.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Not the greatest sunscreen I've ever tried (which I guess may be saying something considering that I haven't tried that many sunscreens) but not nearly as bad as it could have been.

It's not matte at all, I'm a bit shocked they even have the audacity to call it "ultra sheer dry touch" because there's definitely a slightly oily/greasy feeling/look going on. My skin does naturally have a tendency to get oily, but wearing this sunscreen makes me need to blot about once every hour or two to get rid of the shine.

It feels a bit heavy as well, and my Tazorac sensitive skin did experience a bit of stinging at first although this went away quite soon. The product felt a bit sticky as well, during application and after.

It also has a somewhat sunscreen-y smell as well imo. At first it smells a bit like apples? but after maybe ten seconds of rubbing it into your skin it takes on that familiar sunscreen scent.

That being said, it's not a completely awful product. Although greasy (or perhaps but greasier compared to my usual) it doesn't emphasize flakes or have a whitecast (at least ime, although to be fair I'm quite fair) and although slightly sticky, my skin did feel soft and it doesn't break me out. I could see someone with dry skin liking this, but I'd be a bit more careful about suggesting it to someone with combination/oily skin types.

on 5/2/2009 1:10:00 PM

I've purchased this sunscreen again and again. I don't think there is any effective sunscreen that will leave your skin completely matte but this comes pretty close. I have not had any break outs as a result of using this product. I've been using this everyday for a year now and don't see myself switching to anything else in the future.

on 4/27/2009 9:18:00 PM

ugh, do not use this product if you are of medium/dark skintone. it leaves a VERY noticeable white cast on your face/body that never fades/absorbs into your skin. also since it doesn't absorb into your skin it leaves you looking greasy. if you are in the market for something with a high spf try the ultra sheer dry-touch in spf 55. that one absorbs into your skin and doesn't leave you looking ashen.