October 23, 2014 | 1414 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 70

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2009 8:08:00 PM More reviews by gueritabuena

What a disappointment! This product caused me to break out all over my face after finally having my acne-prone skin under control for almost a year. I guess I'm stuck with spf 15 from my MM only:(

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2009 8:09:00 AM More reviews by drmichellecosta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a nut about sunscreen and I buy alot of them. This is still my old standby for days in the sun. I am very fair but also acneic. I use tazorac and this doesn't irritate my skin. It's too much for daywear, but works when I really need protection. If I use it for more than two days in a row it definitely causes breakouts. This one is my husbands favorite but my daughter has mentioned that it sometimes burns her eyes. I wish Neutrogena would start adding mexoryl to its sunscreens.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2009 3:59:00 PM More reviews by luvactuallyisallarnd

Ouchieeeeeee my eyes burn! I applied this to my face. I sweat-->sunblock drips into my eyes-->HUGE ouchie. Other than that, the sunblock is weightless and blends easily into my skin. However, I don't think I will repurchase. i've had other sunblocks drip into my eyes, and this one burns the most.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2009 11:47:00 PM More reviews by xBrazenx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my staple sunscreen for times when I am going to be outside for an extended period of time (beach, camping, etc). I'm very, very fair with light eyes and red hair--basically, I turn red if I'm in the sun for 15 minutes without sunscreen.

I have worn this camping, at the Santa Cruz Boardwalk, to the beach in San Diego, on train ride in the direct sun, etc. and have yet to suffer a burn or even darker freckles! It's not greasy (as the name implies) and absorbs quickly. I DO reapply this once per hour, which is why I think I've had so much success with this product (no sunscreen will work well if you don't reapply while you're out!).

That said, I do feel like it's expensive and you don't get enough product. The bottle is 3 ounces...and, well, it takes about one ounce to cover your entire body. Nevertheless, until I find something that comparable and less expensive, I'll continue to buy this for my summertime trips!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2009 7:58:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with so many others on this board about this product. I bought it rather inexpensively at a warehouse store and thought it would be a great improvement over the SPF 55 that I bought last year. Boy, was I disappointed! It never blends in and leaves a white cast-- unlike the SPF 55 which was great on my dark skin. It's going back tomorrow.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2009 3:15:00 AM More reviews by PeanutButterFly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Not the greatest sunscreen I've ever tried (which I guess may be saying something considering that I haven't tried that many sunscreens) but not nearly as bad as it could have been.

It's not matte at all, I'm a bit shocked they even have the audacity to call it "ultra sheer dry touch" because there's definitely a slightly oily/greasy feeling/look going on. My skin does naturally have a tendency to get oily, but wearing this sunscreen makes me need to blot about once every hour or two to get rid of the shine.

It feels a bit heavy as well, and my Tazorac sensitive skin did experience a bit of stinging at first although this went away quite soon. The product felt a bit sticky as well, during application and after.

It also has a somewhat sunscreen-y smell as well imo. At first it smells a bit like apples? but after maybe ten seconds of rubbing it into your skin it takes on that familiar sunscreen scent.

That being said, it's not a completely awful product. Although greasy (or perhaps but greasier compared to my usual) it doesn't emphasize flakes or have a whitecast (at least ime, although to be fair I'm quite fair) and although slightly sticky, my skin did feel soft and it doesn't break me out. I could see someone with dry skin liking this, but I'd be a bit more careful about suggesting it to someone with combination/oily skin types.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2009 1:10:00 PM More reviews by hzhz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've purchased this sunscreen again and again. I don't think there is any effective sunscreen that will leave your skin completely matte but this comes pretty close. I have not had any break outs as a result of using this product. I've been using this everyday for a year now and don't see myself switching to anything else in the future.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2009 9:18:00 PM More reviews by juicycouture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

ugh, do not use this product if you are of medium/dark skintone. it leaves a VERY noticeable white cast on your face/body that never fades/absorbs into your skin. also since it doesn't absorb into your skin it leaves you looking greasy. if you are in the market for something with a high spf try the ultra sheer dry-touch in spf 55. that one absorbs into your skin and doesn't leave you looking ashen.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2009 11:37:00 PM More reviews by peacheygal

I have been using this product for 3 years now, and I still love it even though I'm also using the new Garnier skin renew Anit-sun-damage lotion on workdays to get rid of the old damages (which is highly recommended). With the Ultra Sheer you do have to be careful not to rub too hard around the eye area because it does sting a little sometimes, so if you have sensitive skin this product might not be great for you. I love it because it stopped sun spots appearing on my face and I don't have to worry about reapplying even when I'm out in the sun all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2009 10:11:00 PM More reviews by erynnia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Kind of puzzled by the reviews on this--not that people can't have different opinions from me, but I'm not experiencing the same texture problems people describe--it's definitely not like glue or like paste. I wonder if there've been multiple formulations? I definitely do have the SPF70. It's not oily or greasy or paste-like, but you do have to work quickly as it absorbs/dries fast (hence the name, I guess). It leaves a definitely workable texture for makeup application and I don't see lingering whiteness.

It does not break me out, although I am not prone to breakouts in the first place. Most importantly to me, it does not trigger my rosacea or irritate my easily flushed skin in any way.