October 1, 2014 | 1910 users online

Highlighters - Wet 'n' Wild - Silk Finish Blush in All Over Shimmer - 832D [DISCONTINUED]

• Price: $

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2006 3:18:00 AM More reviews by CinCindy

Wow, a diamond in the rough! This really is a great highlighter. I haven't used too many other highlighters and I realized now I don't even need to. This one works great. I have medium/olive skin tone and it works great for me. Plus did I mention it's only $2-3??? It really is a steal. I wouldn't recommend using the brush that they include with it though, it's really cheap. The only problem is, not too many stores carry it. After reading the reviews on here I had to go to about 5-6 stores to actually find it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2006 11:45:00 PM More reviews by skycamefalling

I saw this in my sisters makeup bag, used a little and went out to buy some that same day. Love love love it. Right when I put it on my cheeks it gave me a shimmery glowing look and my skin instantly looks 10x's better.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2006 9:04:00 AM More reviews by catgrrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Once again, W'n'W proves that it is the "sleeper hit" of all drugstore brands. No longer formulating for a target demographic of '80's mallrats, their products are often comparable to stuff on the high end. This, for example, is the best highlighter I've ever used. A dusting of this after your foundation and powder onto cheeks, the bridge of your nose, and temples makes you look absolutely stunning - really, you look lit as if for a film, although subtle. It's a cool toned product, so I don't know how caramel colored girls would like it, but for a PPP, you can't beat it to give you that icy glow. Long live W'n'Wild!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2006 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Kately

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know why I took so long to finally try this. I just assumed that it wouldn't look good on me since I am a MMM and most people that raved about it were a lot paler. I also thought it would leave a white cast. I am glad I picked this up on a whim! This is gorgeous as a highlighter. I never knew using highlighter would make such a big difference, but it has and now I can't imagine a done face without it. I use a fat blush brush to apply this to the area above my cheekbones, forehead, corners of the mouth and I use a small eyeshadow blush to apply this to my underbrow, inner corner of my eye, bridge of my nose, and the middle of my eyelid. I don't even need to blend that much, just brush it in and it's not too shimmery. It gives that appearance of fresh radiant skin. I don't really liked this that much on the bridge of my nose because it can look silvery but I just use a very light hand. If I had to say my best buy of this year, this would be one of the tops on my list.

EDIT: I don't really use this anymore. I still haven't made a dent in this plus I found a better highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2006 4:57:00 PM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG for shimmer, which is surprising considering how cheap it is! I also have Stila all over shimmer, and this one beats Stila hands down. The texture is much softer than Stila, and it is more pigmented than Stila too. I use it to highlight my brow bones, and on the inside corners of my eyes. I don't use it on my cheeks at all though since I have oily skin and I don't need any extra shine lol. You can also use a big puff brush to apply it to collarbones and cleavage, and shoulders if you want to highlight that too. I've used this for literally over a decade, and as long as they keep making it, i'll keep using it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2006 11:14:00 PM More reviews by odanit

I just bought this today after they finally restocked at the Walmart by my house. I have to say I am quite content with this product. I have tanned Asian skin and this works great for me. It's an exceptional highlighter for cheeks, eyes, anywhere. I have never tried any other highlighters before since I never felt the need to...however I was really surprised at how effective some subtle highlighting is! This is good stuff! I will definitely buy again!

UPDATE: The key for this product is a LIGHT application. A heavy hand will make you overly shiny/artificial looking. I took away one lippy because my skin is less tanned now and for some reason this looks a teensy bit too white/grey/cool-toned on me. I think because my skin is less pigmented, this product shows up a lot more now and is a bit fake looking if I am not careful.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2006 1:20:00 PM More reviews by jubles

Can't go wrong with this product and the price. For some reason I can't find it any place else other than Walmart.......this works just as good as any over priced stuff anyday!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2006 11:34:00 PM More reviews by Mia_8030

Picked this up while doing some shopping for the garden at Wal-Mart. I thought that it would look too muddy on me b/c of the taupe colour in the package (I am a PPP MAC NC15 for reference), or flat and dull, but the price was dirt cheap so I wasn't too concerned if it worked out or not. I used it this weekend for a black tie event, a wedding. I have to say that I love it. It imparts a naughty glow, not overdone, not garish at all. It is a great highlighter for cheeks, nose, just above your upper lip, brows, chest and shoulders. Also, as my concealer really wasn't working to cover up my under eye circles, I put on just a dab under my eyes and blended out really well. It worked to draw attention away from the problem area but didn't look like I had spackled on glitter. It just brought light to the area. Overall, this is a wonderful product that is cheap, but works very well and is worth every cent. My only complaint is that it "crumbles" very easily, but it isn't too much of an issue. If I ever run out of this shimmer product, I'd rebuy in an instant. Girls, you can't deny yourself this cheap thrill!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2006 12:30:00 PM More reviews by JennEB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like to use it when I go out at night, its a little to obvious for day time use IMO. Its great to use on your cheekbones, on bridge of nose and on your browbone. I still think that I like Acapulco Glow better though. Will buy again if I ever run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2006 9:29:00 AM More reviews by shimmersweetie

Sure, the packaging isn't much to look at, but this is am amazing product that everyone should try atleast once! I bought it a few years ago and used up the entire thing. These days, it's not very easy to find this product...but I found it this week for only 75 cents! At that price, I HAD to pick it up! AOS is a very fine, silky, shimmery powder with a slight champagne/taupe color. Do not overapply or else it has the tendency to look white! Used sparingly, it gives a great glow to the body or face! I apply it mostly to my upper cheekbones, browbones, and down the center of my nose (which makes it look a bit slimmer!)