December 20, 2014 | 847 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #129 Powder/Blush Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2010 9:10:00 AM More reviews by Thrizyl

This brush is definitely a must-have brush.

I paid $300 TTD for this brush and I do not regret it at all. I actually went for another brush but that was out of stock so I picked up this one instead. I am so happy I did.

This brush is soft and fluffy and I use it for so many things I may have to purchase another. Its uses include:

1. Application of setting powder

2. Application of blush

3. Application of contour colour

4. Application of highlight colour

5. Buffing out the face to bring the look together.

This really is a great brush and I have no regrets with my purchase. I may pick up another soon!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by PinkFrosting27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this mainly for blush but it also is fab for powder and bronzer. It's super soft and sweeps blush on perfectly. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin at all. I have had no issues with it shedding,it's easy to clean, and drys quickly in a day for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2010 1:21:00 AM More reviews by HelloKittyHun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well, the lady at the MAC counter recommended this brush to me for blush application and it works good for the application. But I have noticed that the bristles are really rough. :/
I have sensitive skin so this brush hurts my skin. It's scratchy and not as soft as some of my other MAC brushes. I'm not sure why it's like this, but I don't really like it. Unfortunately, I lost my receipt so I can't return or exchange it. I wanted to exchange it for the 168, I heard that one was better. After I washed it, the brush head started to splay out too. GREAT application for blush, terrible feel. :[
If you can withstand rougher brushes or don't have sensitive skin, I think this would have been a good brush for you. But not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Crystal44

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased the MAC 129 powder/blush brush for about $44 (everything costs more in South Africa) to use with my MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder (EXCELLENT!). It works perfectly! I love the brush, it is soft and a great size. It probably loses about 1 hair a week so doesn't really shed. I wash it with shampoo and conditioner and it feels great afterwards! I purchased a second brush and use it with my blush. Works just as well as a blush brush!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 12:50:00 PM More reviews by xpinkangelx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this to apply my blusher as he sales lady recommended it but I feel it's best as a powder brush. It's very nice at applying powder, soft and fluffy and applies the powder evenly. With blusher I found it hard to blend out the colour and it didn't apply as evenly distributed as I'd hoped and sometimes I have to blend it out myself with my fingers to stop looking clownish but overall I'm pleased with it. If you're looking for a powder brush this may be for you, if you're looking for a blush brush then try something else there are better options for blusher application than this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2010 10:46:00 PM More reviews by babiixlivi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this brush. I've been searching for a new blush brush and own a whole bunch of mac eye brushes so I decided to finally get my first face brush from mac. I was so disappointed.
I give this a 2 because I like the fluffiness of this brush and its just perfect. It's not super soft so its kind of prickly, but what disappointed me was how much hairs it shed! The first time I tried this brush with my blush, a hair was on my cheek already. I thought nothing of it. Then when I used it again, 2 more hairs fell out! When I just brushed the brush in the palm of my hands, 5 more hairs must've fallen out. I've used my studio elf blush brush for months now and it hasn't even shed as much as this. This is not worth $34. I've read the other reviews and a few people have had the same problem as me.
If you guys are looking for a nice blush brush, look into ecotools blush brush, it's about $8, or E.L.F studio line blush brush and it's only $3.
Definitely not buying again. Although I will try their other brushes, but never coming back to this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 12:30:00 AM More reviews by emmalaymla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm afraid this brush was a dud for me. It sheds way too much. There are always stray hairs left over on my face after I apply my blush. It applies blush alright, but I can't deal with the shedding. I much prefer my ecotools brush which is way cheaper and doesn't shed at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2010 6:50:00 PM More reviews by mimifrenzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This blush is worth the money but i wish i had gotten the smaller version. It's a bit to large so i'd recommend the 116. The 116 is smaller and allows you to place the blush exactly where you intended to.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2010 2:56:00 AM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

The best cheek brush ever. Worth every penny.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 3:37:00 PM More reviews by coletteJ

Its an okay blush brush...I think thats what its for b/c I think its too small to be a powder brush. Its sheds some and I just wouldn't replace it when it comes time. I'd search for something better. I prefer my contour (white) MAC face brush to this.