April 18, 2014 | 1869 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #129 Powder/Blush Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Crystal44

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased the MAC 129 powder/blush brush for about $44 (everything costs more in South Africa) to use with my MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder (EXCELLENT!). It works perfectly! I love the brush, it is soft and a great size. It probably loses about 1 hair a week so doesn't really shed. I wash it with shampoo and conditioner and it feels great afterwards! I purchased a second brush and use it with my blush. Works just as well as a blush brush!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 12:50:00 PM More reviews by xpinkangelx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this to apply my blusher as he sales lady recommended it but I feel it's best as a powder brush. It's very nice at applying powder, soft and fluffy and applies the powder evenly. With blusher I found it hard to blend out the colour and it didn't apply as evenly distributed as I'd hoped and sometimes I have to blend it out myself with my fingers to stop looking clownish but overall I'm pleased with it. If you're looking for a powder brush this may be for you, if you're looking for a blush brush then try something else there are better options for blusher application than this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2010 10:46:00 PM More reviews by babiixlivi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this brush. I've been searching for a new blush brush and own a whole bunch of mac eye brushes so I decided to finally get my first face brush from mac. I was so disappointed.
I give this a 2 because I like the fluffiness of this brush and its just perfect. It's not super soft so its kind of prickly, but what disappointed me was how much hairs it shed! The first time I tried this brush with my blush, a hair was on my cheek already. I thought nothing of it. Then when I used it again, 2 more hairs fell out! When I just brushed the brush in the palm of my hands, 5 more hairs must've fallen out. I've used my studio elf blush brush for months now and it hasn't even shed as much as this. This is not worth $34. I've read the other reviews and a few people have had the same problem as me.
If you guys are looking for a nice blush brush, look into ecotools blush brush, it's about $8, or E.L.F studio line blush brush and it's only $3.
Definitely not buying again. Although I will try their other brushes, but never coming back to this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 12:30:00 AM More reviews by emmalaymla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm afraid this brush was a dud for me. It sheds way too much. There are always stray hairs left over on my face after I apply my blush. It applies blush alright, but I can't deal with the shedding. I much prefer my ecotools brush which is way cheaper and doesn't shed at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2010 6:50:00 PM More reviews by mimifrenzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This blush is worth the money but i wish i had gotten the smaller version. It's a bit to large so i'd recommend the 116. The 116 is smaller and allows you to place the blush exactly where you intended to.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2010 2:56:00 AM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

The best cheek brush ever. Worth every penny.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 3:37:00 PM More reviews by coletteJ

Its an okay blush brush...I think thats what its for b/c I think its too small to be a powder brush. Its sheds some and I just wouldn't replace it when it comes time. I'd search for something better. I prefer my contour (white) MAC face brush to this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 8:29:00 AM More reviews by mrsleonidas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I first got this brush....it really did shed like crazy!

I was so sad and upset at first...to see all the freaking hairs coming out onto my hands and in my sink! C'mon this is an expensive brush...right! I was very shocked....to say the least!

Though, it did not bleed whatsoever! Yay for that mark!

But after a good forceful washing..... it now has minimal shedding. Only a couple per wash and a hair here or here on my face every now and then. Yay!

But, also remember...this is what happens at first with natural hair brushes. My 109 sheds almost every time I use it for liquid foundation. So, the shedding is not out of the norm.

I am confident that it will stop 100% soon......as it is a MAC.....right! We will see....and I will be back with an update in a month or so.

Also, the bristles are NOT THE SOFTEST that they should be!....that is for sure. But hey, this is not made with sable, pony or synthetic hair(like EDM and ELF Studio)....as those are very soft. this is made out of goat hair folks..... so ya get me?! lol!

Yet, it is "NOT" rough at all.....Just a firm feel with a prickle here or there.(like the 239 and 217 prickliness)

It picks up my MAC Sheertone blush softly and can be built up.

This also lays down a soft and even layer of finishing powder of any kind.

Or it can apply any mineral powder and my Mac Studio Fix Powder softly and you can achieve a light to medium coverage.

To sum it up....Yes, I do recommend this brush.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

It feels too rough on my skin and after a few washes it started shedding. The only thing i like is the way it applies blush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I love this blush brush! I wanted to get the 116 but figured something a little bigger would work with my face. It deposits enough color onto my cheeks- I wouldn't use this if you want more of a wash of color, since the way it's shaped will concentrate the color, so if you're like me and like more of a stronger blush, this is wonderful. Of course you can play iwth it to make color go on lighter. It's soft without being too soft, and I don't have to work too hard to get the blush on me...I almost kinda tap it on. Not to mention I feel luxurious using it...someone else also said that! I was kinda uncertain since the brush was so expensive, but I'm glad I went for it! I love MAC brushes.