Philosophy the microdelivery exfoliating wash

4.1

Water (Aqua), Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Cocoyl Apple Amino Acids, Diatomaceous Earth, Acrylates/Steareth 20 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Tocotrienols, Panthenol, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I enjoy this micro-scrub/wash as a daily gentle cleanser. No major exfoliation, but is a step-up from particle free cleanser. I like it wake up my skin in the morning or as a nice pre-treatment skin cleanser.

Definitely not meant to use in the immediate eye area as the micro-granules irritate and scratch your eyes (I've accidentally gotten them in my eyes). I always use an eye makeup remover or Purity around my eyes prior to using this product.

I hate the way the bottle clogs, so would enjoy a dispenser re-design by Philosophy.

on 3/1/2012 4:45:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this to use as a gentle morning cleanser. I wrote "gentle" because my skin needs good exfoliation daily and I usually do this in the evening using MD Formulations Face and Body scrub, which is wonderful, but too harsh to be used more than once a day. So I decided to give Philosophy a try and purchased Microdelivery peel. I have been using the product for 3 weeks now and I can tell that I love the result it delivers.Gentle and effective cleansing, effectively eliminates all impurities and leftover night cream from my face. My skin looks radiant and feels awake.

on 2/18/2012 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've been a huge philosophy fan for years. I do believe they make great skincare. It's not without faults though. I think all their skincare items smell weird (I get a hint of wet dog) but they work so I overlook it. I ordered a kit from qvc that had the giant size Purity Made Simple face wash, Hope in a Jar moisturizer, and the Microdelivery exfoliating wash. I use the exfoliating wash in the morning. I love that it's very gentle on my skin even though it has a gritty texture. The more you rub it in, the more it suds up. I rub it into my face for about 30 seconds and then I make sure to rinse a few times to get everything off. Then I follow it up with the hope in a jar. My skin feels soft and all the rough patches are gone. I have dry/sensitive skin and this works well for me. The philosophy line is expensive but to me, the price is worth it since you don't need to use very much to get results. I got my whole kit from qvc.com for $135 and the large sizes will last at least a year.

on 1/22/2012 9:11:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I use this in the morning, and I do really like it. My skin feels softer, my makeup applies well (I use China Doll with a foundation brush) and the dry patches around my mouth and forehead are gone. I am super happy so far. Been using about 3 weeks. I am also using the anti-aging Miracle Worker line from Philosophy as well. The products work well together and I have not had any major breakouts yet.

on 1/13/2012 10:55:00 PM

I buy this in the giant sized bottles - I use it in the mornings and purity at night. I have used it with my clarisonic, with a wash cloth, and just rubbing it in with my hands. It's not a particularly powerful exfoliator, but it does a decent job and leaves my skin smooth. It doesn't break me out or dry or irritate my skin. I hate the smell (very chemical), but I'm willing to put up with it.

The little beads to tend to clog the pumps on pump bottles (including the one included with the 32oz bottle), so I need to clean them out pretty regularly. A small price to pay for a good product.

on 1/13/2012 10:46:00 AM

EW - Worst face wash/exfoliator ever. It's like drops of goo with the occasional piece of sand. It didn't really clean, or exfoliate. AND it make me break out after every use.

A few friends came to stay and tried it, and I tried to give it away and no one would take it! Money and goo down the drains! :(

on 1/12/2012 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This product is my favorite exfoliater. I was so happy with it I bought another 16 oz bottle. I love that its all exfoliater and that the particles are fine so you can use everyday. I love Philosophy products and this is my favorite. I use this and their Vitamin C powder everyday and my skin has improved. I don't get break outs at all anymore (even when I pms). The only things I dislike are the expensive pricing and that I wished it came in a pump bottle instead.

I love it! It feels absolutely wonderful. My skin feels soft, smooth, and clean. I have seen a few reviews complaining about the lid clogging and the tiny exfoliating beads settling, so I will just remember to shake well before using, and run the lid under hot water now and then. It is worth this extra little effort. It did not dry my skin, and after one use...I actually think my pores appear smaller. I am really happy with this product!

on 12/11/2011 12:39:00 PM

I got this as part of a QVC deal of 32oz sizes of both Purity and Microdelivery. I've been a Purity + Clarisonic user for 2 years. Lately though, my skin's been a little dull and rough, and I've had more breakouts.

I've used this cleanser now several times, and I'm pretty impressed. While I won't liken its use to an actual peel, I am very pleased! It's very gentle on the skin, and I've even used it with my clarisonic for a deeper treatment without irritation. It leaves my skin very smooth, and it's whisked away all my dry patches. It doesn't make my skin feel tight afterwards, either.

After about a week and a half, my skin is radiantly clear and smooth to the point where I'm actually ok leaving the house without makeup! That's something I've never done before.

I'm excited I got this. I'm looking forward to continued results by using it every morning!

**UPDATE: So after each time I used this I began to get little irritation bumps/zits. Stopped using.

I really wanted to love this. Really, I did. I purchased it after reading on these boards that my beloved St. Ives Scrub was too abrasive for facial skin. (I'm about to go back to it, though, after this travesty. If you have some other ideas of less abrasive exfoliating scrubs, feel free to let me know!) It has great reviews, the exfoliation seemed relatively gentle. With that said, apparently something in the ingredients hates my face because I broke out with terrible acne all over my cheeks -- and I never break out on my cheeks. I'm going to try using it on my KP, elbows, behind, legs, etc. because for $25, I just can't force myself to throw it away. This product may work for some, but it just didn't work for me.