August 28, 2014 | 1427 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - the microdelivery exfoliating wash

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by classicfilmbroad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wanted to love this. Really, I did. I purchased it after reading on these boards that my beloved St. Ives Scrub was too abrasive for facial skin. (I'm about to go back to it, though, after this travesty. If you have some other ideas of less abrasive exfoliating scrubs, feel free to let me know!) It has great reviews, the exfoliation seemed relatively gentle. With that said, apparently something in the ingredients hates my face because I broke out with terrible acne all over my cheeks -- and I never break out on my cheeks. I'm going to try using it on my KP, elbows, behind, legs, etc. because for $25, I just can't force myself to throw it away. This product may work for some, but it just didn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2011 10:34:00 PM More reviews by rallu

I am reviewing a sample of this. It did remove all my makeup but the little beads get in my eyes and irritates them. I like my cleanser to remove face and eye makeup. I may buy it but to use it in the morning only and avoid eye area.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2011 10:15:00 AM More reviews by Juliet7781

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've tried several Philosophy products and have been disappointed by almost every one of them. I was very hesitant to try this cleanser because of my past negative experiences (including the cult favorite Purity cleanser). Words cannot describe how happy I am that I gave this a shot. I use it mostly in the morning, and I have noticed a big difference in my skin after using it for about a week and a half. My skin is extremely oily yet dehydrated. It has also developed some sun spots over the past year or so. My skin has become so much clearer, more radiant, the texture has changed and the spots have become lighter and lighter. This is the "oomph" I've been looking for in my skincare. I wouldn't be without it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2011 3:45:00 AM More reviews by BrownEyes01

Currently, this is my favorite exfoliating product. The grains are small enough to not scratch but still be effective. And it is gentle enough to use every day. I guess it would be better if it were in a tube because my bottle does get clogged. Oh well, the product inside is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2011 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Merlinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Use this as my morning face wash. LOVE it! The first day I used it I felt kind of bummed about it. I didn't think it was anything spectacular while actually using the product. I was in a rush to get to work so I threw myself together. The next time I looked at myself was mid-morning ... WOW! I noticed such a nice glow to my face, it looked like I had nice, soft skin. I've used it for about a month now and love it. Will continue to use.

I also use this in conjunction with my DDF revolving polisher with the brush head.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Girlfit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have to preface this review by saying that Philosophy items are really hit or miss for me. But this one is a real WIN in my opinion! This cleanser includes diatomaceous earth which is what is providing the grainy scrubbing texture. Its very fine and not at all too overly abrasive so you could feasibly use it every day. If your skin can handle it, try this with the Clarisonic--amazing! I would say the price is pretty fair considering this is more of a higher end line and the size of the bottle is generous. Would buy this again and recommend to others!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 5:13:00 PM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I keep buying this because it gets my face cleaner than any other cleanser I have tried but my issue with this stuff is that the granules disappear in the bottle after a few uses. I don't know if this is just with the giant deluxe bottle or what, but the last 2 bottles I bought, the sandy bits seemed to dissolve or something...I just use this with my clarisonic now.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by vhn

I have oily skin, big pores. I use this every morning and it leaves me a fresh looking after washing. Great exfoliation!
A little bit pricey but it's worth every penny

In the bottle they say that gentle enough to daily use, and it's really gentle. However I still wonder if daily use may cause any harmful effect because it is usually advised that you should exfoliate your skin twice or three times a week. A little bit confused.

Any advise?

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by beautyinme

I finally found an exfoliator that works wonders for my face! I have dry skin and occasional dry patches on my cheeks and corners of my mouth (especially during winter time). This exfoliator/facial wash cleanses my face and gets rid of my dead skin in a way that doesn't dry out my skin. After rinsing my face, my skin feels clean and soft. Even after a few minutes, there are no signs of dry skin appearing as I've experienced with other exfoliators. I look in the mirror and my skin glows! There is no fragrance in this which I like for my sensitive skin. The packaging could be better. I wish there's a pump for this bottle so it'd be more convenient. I purchased the 8 oz. bottle which costs $25. It is a bit pricey, but for the results I'm getting, I think it's worth every penny. You only need a small amount each time so it should last you a while.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by nabz

OHMYGOD (no that's not a good OMG), what the heck do they put in this stuff?? does it come with an expiry date that i don't know about?? I bought this in March on my trip to New York and though it works relatively ok as a scrub - gentle and somewhat effective i'd have to say the consistency has changed. I moved on to a few other products and this was left on my counter and I would revisit every few weeks.

So not only does the packaging suck, because it eventually gets clogged and you will need to unscrew the top off to get the stuff out, but recently I revisited this scrub and its consistency TOTALLY changed! no granules, just weird complete liquid consistency. I turned it upside down, shake it vigorously but NOTHING. it's just changed to this watery consistency and mind you I have half a bottle left of this. WASTE of money I reckon.