Philosophy the microdelivery exfoliating wash

4.1

Water (Aqua), Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Cocoyl Apple Amino Acids, Diatomaceous Earth, Acrylates/Steareth 20 Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Tocotrienols, Panthenol, Sodium Magnesium Silicate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

on 3/15/2012 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

WOW is all I can say. I've only used this once and already my skin feels so much better and softer. glad i gave it a chance. will update if anything changes but i think this is my new morning cleanser.i'd give this 10 stars if i could. unless this stuff breaks me out. I will continue to buy and use.

on 3/13/2012 12:46:00 AM

Disappointed!!! My skin is oily. This cleanser make my skin dry and tight after using. It does not exfoliate well as some other cheaper exfoliating cleansers.

on 3/9/2012 12:54:00 PM

Me: Korean, light/medium skin tone, mid-thirties, oily t-zone, HUGE issue with chin and jawline acne (triggered by hormonal changes when I hit mid-thirties), crazy hyperpigmentation scars lasting 3-4 months, dry/rough skin, feeling horrible about my skin for about two years and basically not being able to look anyone in the eye bc I was ashamed of my face.

The Situation: For about a decade Proactiv worked for me...then hormone changes hit....nothing worked. Nothing....Murad, Carly's, natural remedies, drugstore brands, changing to no sugar/gluten/dairy diet...NOTHING. Acne.org BP did help about 70%, but I developed a sensitivity to BP and had patches of eczema all over my face. Now TWO weeks after using Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash in conjunction with a lesser about of Acne.org BP, and SPF 30 Olay Sensitive face lotion(all twice a day, morning and evening), I have two blemishes (that are going away) versus about 15- 20 on any given day before using this face wash.

Most people do not need daily exfoliation, however, I have found that I definitely do. But it has to be the PERFECT kind of exfoliation...not too weak, but not to rough either. This face wash is PERFECT! One clue to my need for exfoliating is the fact that I have always had keratosis pilaris on the back of my arms and on my thighs...those little bumps on the skin when hair follicles are blocked with excess skin proteins trapping the hair, etc. I figured this situation translated into my need for consistent and proper exfoliation.

In using Microdelivery Exfoliating Face Wash, there was no purging period and I could feel the difference in the texture of my skin within the first two days. My skin when from dry, creased, and rough to what I remember it being WAY back when...smooth and hydrated. My existing acne and eczema started to heal and I noticed a dramatic decrease in new acne probably within the first week of use. Today, it has been about 2.5 weeks and I have had only about 4 new blemishes since I started (which is so minimal compared to my usual). My foundation go on a lot smoother and looks a lot better on my face. I feel like the only thing left to deal with is the hyperpigmentation left behind, which will go away on its own in a several months.

My family and friends have commented on my skin in a positive way....which is all new to me.

I feel so strongly about this product that I felt compelled to make this my first review on MA in case it might benefit someone else out there too. I will continue to drop all kinds of cash to keep this product stocked and not think twice about it.

on 3/5/2012 7:44:00 PM

You must try this. I've tried several 'scrubs'. This is the best one so far, the scrubbing particles are finer and leave my skin SO SOFT. The scent on this one could use some improvement, something a little more refreshing would be FAN TASTIC... but overall this is still the best scrub I've ever tried.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I enjoy this micro-scrub/wash as a daily gentle cleanser. No major exfoliation, but is a step-up from particle free cleanser. I like it wake up my skin in the morning or as a nice pre-treatment skin cleanser.

Definitely not meant to use in the immediate eye area as the micro-granules irritate and scratch your eyes (I've accidentally gotten them in my eyes). I always use an eye makeup remover or Purity around my eyes prior to using this product.

I hate the way the bottle clogs, so would enjoy a dispenser re-design by Philosophy.

on 3/1/2012 4:45:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this to use as a gentle morning cleanser. I wrote "gentle" because my skin needs good exfoliation daily and I usually do this in the evening using MD Formulations Face and Body scrub, which is wonderful, but too harsh to be used more than once a day. So I decided to give Philosophy a try and purchased Microdelivery peel. I have been using the product for 3 weeks now and I can tell that I love the result it delivers.Gentle and effective cleansing, effectively eliminates all impurities and leftover night cream from my face. My skin looks radiant and feels awake.

on 2/18/2012 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've been a huge philosophy fan for years. I do believe they make great skincare. It's not without faults though. I think all their skincare items smell weird (I get a hint of wet dog) but they work so I overlook it. I ordered a kit from qvc that had the giant size Purity Made Simple face wash, Hope in a Jar moisturizer, and the Microdelivery exfoliating wash. I use the exfoliating wash in the morning. I love that it's very gentle on my skin even though it has a gritty texture. The more you rub it in, the more it suds up. I rub it into my face for about 30 seconds and then I make sure to rinse a few times to get everything off. Then I follow it up with the hope in a jar. My skin feels soft and all the rough patches are gone. I have dry/sensitive skin and this works well for me. The philosophy line is expensive but to me, the price is worth it since you don't need to use very much to get results. I got my whole kit from qvc.com for $135 and the large sizes will last at least a year.

on 1/22/2012 9:11:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I use this in the morning, and I do really like it. My skin feels softer, my makeup applies well (I use China Doll with a foundation brush) and the dry patches around my mouth and forehead are gone. I am super happy so far. Been using about 3 weeks. I am also using the anti-aging Miracle Worker line from Philosophy as well. The products work well together and I have not had any major breakouts yet.

on 1/13/2012 10:55:00 PM

I buy this in the giant sized bottles - I use it in the mornings and purity at night. I have used it with my clarisonic, with a wash cloth, and just rubbing it in with my hands. It's not a particularly powerful exfoliator, but it does a decent job and leaves my skin smooth. It doesn't break me out or dry or irritate my skin. I hate the smell (very chemical), but I'm willing to put up with it.

The little beads to tend to clog the pumps on pump bottles (including the one included with the 32oz bottle), so I need to clean them out pretty regularly. A small price to pay for a good product.

on 1/13/2012 10:46:00 AM

EW - Worst face wash/exfoliator ever. It's like drops of goo with the occasional piece of sand. It didn't really clean, or exfoliate. AND it make me break out after every use.

A few friends came to stay and tried it, and I tried to give it away and no one would take it! Money and goo down the drains! :(