Smashbox High Definition Healthy FX Foundation

3.2

All shades contain: Active Ingredients: 5.0% Octinoxate, 3.2% Titanium Dioxide. Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Polysilicone-11, Dimethylacrylamide/Acrylic Acid/Polystyrene Ethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4-Isostearate, Dimethicone/Divinyl Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Lecithin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Ribose, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Alumina, Propylene Carbonate, Disodium EDTA, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sorbitan Laurate, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Ascorbyl Palmitate. May Contain: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 5/29/2011 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I just had this product applied at the store yesterday, and loved it so much that I bought some. So after about two days of wearing this and the Photo Finish classic, I have zits.

I have sensitive skin with Rosacea, I use Retin-A and Finacea to keep my face clear and to contain redness. These products apparently do not agree with my usage of Bare Minerals Matte foundation any longer, so I went to Sephora to try the Smashbox products. The SA there directed me to the FX foundation and applied it for me, over the Photo Finish primer. This was the first time I've ever, ever had a foundation match so perfectly that you couldn't tell I had anything on. I needed their lightest color to achieve this. It didn't perfectly cover the two red bumps I had from recent acne but a good concealer would have taken care of it. I applied the makeup this morning and we ran around in the heat for several hours; it definitely had some shine going on but I applied the Tarte Smooth Operator powder the SA had suggested I buy, and that really helped. Nomallly I am NOT a liquid foundation girl (too many bad experiences and never a good one) but I'm liking this product.

One thing I learned in a hurry about this product is that a little goes a long way. I used the Smashbox foundation brush to apply it, and made the mistake of putting way too much on my face and it was hard to blend and started to 'pile up'. One pump of foundation would have been plenty for my whole face but since I'm used to drugstore foundations I had used two; ended up having to waste most of the extra. So this does go far for the money if you are using a brush to apply.

I'll edit my review if I find out one way or the other if this foundation is causing my breakouts. Reading from other reviews, I hope it's not this foundation causing my problems.

**EDIT: Switching to Photo Finish Light eliminated the breakout problem!

on 5/25/2011 4:25:00 PM

Love it!
Makes my face look super soft and its pretty durable! It also matches my skin tone perfectly A bit expensive but well worth it since were talking about a face product

on 4/27/2011 2:41:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Somehow disappointed! I really wanted to love this product as much as I love makeup. I heard great thing about it so I bought it without questions. Firstly I thought it was pricey and I liked the bottle, then I used it andÖ
For me I needed more product to get the coverage I like, but it was to yellow so as I overlaid my face looked worst. So I finally apply a thin layer of it and it looked a little dewy in my skin, but I deal with that with setting powder, and even when it was not my favorite look it was wearable.
3 hours later it was a complete mess. My face started to sweat and I started to transfer makeup everywhere, so I had a creepy melting face that felt so oily (I am normal to dry skin). By the night, when I washed my makeup off I had 3 pimples in my nose (in my whole life Iíve had 3 pimples a year at most).
I donít know exactly why it didnít worked for me, but since Iíve heard good things about it I would definitely ask for a prove at smashbox counter so you can stay some hours with it and see what happens.

on 4/14/2011 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This product was the biggest waste of my money ever. With a hefty price tag of $40 dollars for 1oz, you'd expect some pretty high quality stuff. Boy, was I disappointed.

Pros:
Good packaging.

Cons:
LIMITED COLOR OPTIONS.
Very yellow/orange undertones! I had shade Medium 3 and I still somehow managed to look YELLOW.
Causes breakouts, despite being oil-free.
Very heavy makeup making you appear "cakey."
Doesn't last all day. (for us oily gals at least.)
This makeup will slide off your face within a matter of 2 hours.
Expensive at $40 an oz.

So with all that said, I will not be buying this product again nor will i ever recommend this to a friend.

on 4/11/2011 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was really unimpressed by this product it seemed really heavy on my face and I noticed that after a few days of wearing it I strated breaking out. I'm a makeup artist so I tried applying it numerous different ways and nothing changed. I usaully wear Lancome Tient Idole Ultra and am going to go back to it.

on 4/5/2011 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

made my skin dry and got blemishes and broke put over it in little spots i wudnt buy this shit over priced foundation again !!

on 3/28/2011 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I use F0 (around NC 10-15ish), and it is a good match. I love the pump dispenser as it makes less mess. I like the sheer-medium coverage that evens out my red cheeks (I still have to use concealer on acne scars, but I don't mind) and this lasts all day for me, even without a primer. I wish that it didn't have chemical sunscreen in it. The finish is a bit dewy, so I use a powder to set it and matte it out a bit. Overall, a good foundation for my dry-normal, slightly acne prone/sensitive skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation! I should note that all of the smashbox products agree with my skin. I have extremely oily and acne prone skin and this stuff keeps my skin looking glowy but not oily. Im a cocktail waitress so between the heat of the kitchen, running around, and being stressed, I need a good foundation. After an 8 hour shift my skin looks like I just put my makeup on and I only blotted once. I highly recommend this product. Use it with the primer, and be sure to use a good cleanser and you're set.

on 3/21/2011 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Nothing amazing or special. I wouldnt recomment this for somebody with oily or acne prone skin because of it light coverage and it moisturizing feeling. it caused me to get oily and i tend to have dry skin. This is something that is perfect for someone who wants a nice glow in their skin but isnt trying to hide anything major, it helps to even skin tone and give skin a dewy look. Its pump was an added pleasure to the expirience. Something nice to wear everyday for some sheer coverage.

on 3/19/2011 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this product because i wanted to try something new .I dont really have alot to say about this product i dont really see it as a foundation as i do an illumanizer ,the product itself i good but i think it is good for people with dull skin and that want a bit of a small tan it is very light coverage .And, i must say that this has never cause me to breakout ever ,sometimes im to lazy coming home from work or college and sleep with it on and never have i broken out.But when i do remove it i find my face looks healthier .Also , this product is very hygenice because of the pump.Overall this product is okay as a foundation but it does give your face a gorgeous glow even my boyfriend knows when im wearing it he says my face looks dewy and just sexy lol ;)