September 19, 2014 | 1796 users online

Pressed Powders - BeneFit Cosmetics - Get Even

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2007 11:21:00 PM More reviews by noor84

I must say this is by far the best pressed powder product I have ever tried! forget about MAC their powder is just crap! this one goes on so smoothly and your skin does not look remotely cakey or as if you are wearing anything at all. It has a matt finish and the skin just looks spectacular after applying it. Definitely a staple in my make up!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2007 6:36:00 PM More reviews by macrobbieus

Love this product (I use shade 2)! It is so easy to apply and I feel I barely use much of it on application as I use those big foundation/blush brushes to apply it on. When I do this it goes on easily, evenly and just provides a beautiful finish that lasts all day long. I tried benefit's some kinda gorgeous and I would recommend get even 1000 times more. Get even provides a beautiful matte finish and covers any redness. Highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2007 6:40:00 AM More reviews by Secretly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Perfect for setting foundation, it gives a flawless silky smooth coverage. I use 'No.1' and I love it as a base for building up bronzer on top so it gives me a healthy smooth natural effect. Only down side is that it's very expensive and lasts for maybe 2-3 months. Other than that it is lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2007 9:09:00 PM More reviews by workoutgal7

I love this product because the powder goes on very smooth and covers up a lot of the redness on my cheeks. It does cover up my acne red marks, but only for several hours. Then it wears off a bit, probably due to my oily skin. I'm on my second compact and I really love it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2007 3:08:00 PM More reviews by 1Karin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great but subtle color corrector for redness. It is pretty heavy, so if you use a lot it will definitely give you that powder-y, matte look to your skin, but I use just a touch on my nose to cancel out redness (especially helpful after a few cocktails) and it works wonders.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2007 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Eh. I found this to be a totally average powder. The color match is fine and it works well to set my makup, but it's not especially helpful with keeping oil at bay, and I totally hate the sponge it comes with. Definitely not the worst I've used, but there's nothing special about it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2007 1:44:00 PM More reviews by LexzCW

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I purchased this after a Benefit pro artist used it on me at an event. I'm an NC 45 and when the MUA was done my skin did seem to look more even, so I purchased this in #3 (the darkest shade). When I got home though, my DH's first comment (and he doesn't normally notice my makeup) was, "Your makeup looks better when you do it." Not to be deterred though, since I spent $30 on this, I decided to wash my make up off and give it a try myself. Using my own powder brush this went on either too light to cover anything or a bit too chalky. The chalkiness does die down throughout the day, but it always looked a little too matte to be real. On the plus side, this powder does absorb moisture and oil like none other. I wore this in 103 degree weather and I don't think my face perspired at all (which personally I suspect isn't healthy). After a week though, this went back to Sephora since I don't want to look that matte, and I'm not terribly oily. Overall, the price for this seems a little high for what it is, and like most of Benefit's products there are equally good options (near exact dupes) out there for way, way less.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2007 4:17:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

I'm not a foundation fan anymore, and I'll avoid it if I can, but because I inconsistently develop redness on some areas of my face, I can't completely go without some sort of coverage. This was reported to be a more expensive version of MAC's Blot powder, I staple I've kept not farther than a foot away from me for the past several years. However, while this DOES blot away shine, it also has a considerable amount of pigment, in comparison to MAC Blot, which to me has no coverage power at all. So while it doesn't replace my MAC Blot as my shine-away go-to, it HAS turned into my daily "foundation," providing me with soft, even coverage, smoothing away imperfections and banishing redness as best a pressed powder has ever done. On my NC25-30 face, #2 works perfectly. $32 CAD.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2007 5:55:00 PM More reviews by emmy_nyc

I used to use color ID and clinique powder but now I just use this powder. I think Get Even gives you a polished look without having to use foundation. I use this powder with a brush...warning if you use the puff it comes with, it can look too heavy. In the morning I just put on a dab of Laura Geller's color wash and little bit of concealer and finish it off with a light dusting of Get Even and I love the look. Through out the day I use Laura Geller's Matte Maker Invisible Oil BlottingPowder for touch ups. Overall I am happy with Get Even, it does what it is suppose to do but like I said it is too pricey.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2007 6:49:00 PM More reviews by potpie

This product works for my face. Just a few brushes on my face and I looked i have foundation on and my face looks even. Maybe my face was all right to start with. Loose powders always make my face looks dry. But this just leaves my face matt and not dehydrated. The effect last for the whole day! Downside is the price is abit too steep.