September 30, 2014 | 1153 users online

Concealers - Physicians Formula - Conceal RX

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by skuebler

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product works like magic concealing blemishes, age spots, broken capillaries, and basically evening out your skin tone. It comes in two shades, so unless you are very, very light skinned, choose the darker Natural shade. A little goes a long way, so dab quickly with finger tip and blend with finger tip. No need to smudge. Color blends well with your natural skin tone, so no need to use foundation unless you want to, but a light dusting of powder works well with it. I've not used it for under-eye concealer - Physician's Formula has a different product for that purpose that works exception well at an affordable price.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2011 3:50:00 PM More reviews by bjmassie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

If you have the right skin tone, you can buff this concealer on with a kabuki brush as a full-coverage long-lasting foundation but you need a light hand and a good moisturizer underneath. It wears all day and gives you a very even matte finish.

As just a concealer, use the same buffing method but only in targeted areas. If you try to apply with your fingers, it can cake up especially when you put foundation over top. Again, you have to have a good moisturizer underneath because there's so much pigment in this product, it's an almost paste-consistency.

I like this product and I'm lucky to have just the right very pale skin tone for the Fair Light. But, if you're not fair, you're pretty out of luck on getting a match, the only other shade isn't a lot darker.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2011 10:07:00 AM More reviews by heavyboots

I am pretty pale with pink undertones and fair light is a perfect match for my skin - so much so that I can get away with using this concealer without a foundation. You need to make sure you moisturize really well before applying this because it accentuates dry skin. I can't stress that enough. I agree that a little goes a long way, just the tiniest amount is enough to cover all of my acne scars and blemishes, which is why I don't think this product is at all expensive. It has not made me break out, but I wash my face twice, once using my Murad cleanser and another time with the Olay cleaning system brush, followed by ACV toner, just to make sure all the makeup is gone. I was not able to find this in drugstores that normally carry PF products (Walgreens, RiteAid, CVS, etc) for some reason, only at Meijer, but this is not enough to keep me from repurchasing. Try this, you won't regret it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by emigyaru

I can't stress how amazing the coverage of this concealer is, and how little you use to actually get full coverage. I use it on the blemishes around my chin area and a little on my forehead; and I use very little. Like around the tip of a fat sharpie. haha. So a little goes a LONG way.

However, I do find that it cause my foundation to cake a bit when I apply my foundation over it. But it can be fix when I apply a setting powder on top. I probably won't be repurchasing though since I love the concealer stick version much much more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2011 7:23:00 AM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

If you cant get your hands on Hard Candy Glamoflauge, or can't afford Kat Von D tattoo concealer, then give this a try!! All three have similar: squeeze tube applicators,potently concentrated (need very little) & superb coverage (hides everything, even tattoos). Its super affordable ($8) but sadly has the most limited shades to choose from (2). Works best for under eyes, but using a brush to conceal blemishes works wonders too. Best part- stays put for upto 12 hrs. Minimal creasing/caking depending on technique/layers applied...no different from all other concealers.

Natural Light (yellow undertones) mathces my NW 20, Revlon CS-Buff, L'oreal True Match W2, Sally Hansen Carmindy-Ecru Beige, Palladio Wet & Dry-Laurel Nude, Maybelline Mousse-Light Ivory/Creamy Natural

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2011 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I really wanted to like this 'cause of the rave reviews. I tried using it over pimples, over veins around my mouth, under & around my nose, and under my eyes. It did not work anywhere. I even tried adding some eye moisturizer to it and it still didn't work. In fact every time I tried using it, it'd cake in the area applied yet cover nothing. Under my eyes it gave more coverage but caked horribly. I don't know if I got a bad tube, was using it wrong, or something of the likes but overall it just doesn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by ekballet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is by far my holy grail concealor!
It provides great coverage for my genetic under-eye circles, and blends really nicely. A little bit goes a long long way, so be careful not to use very much at all (I can see one tube lasting for a while!) The only negative thing I have to say it that there isn't the best color range, but again, it does blend pretty well so as long as you put it on under your foundation (or tinted moisturizer like me!) then it should be fine :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by brittney93

I find myself constantly reaching for this concealer over my mac studio finish. It is great. It is a not too thick liquid concealer that covers acne and acne scars very well. Lasts a pretty long time, not anything crazy but by the end of the days most marks are still covered by concealer. This can look a bit wonky on dry patches because it clings to dry skin. Under the eyes it can look a bit cakey, but if you use the tiniest bit then it is workable under the eyes. Overall one of the best concealers and definatly the best drugstore concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 1:52:00 PM More reviews by cupcakesrcourage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product has great coverage--it does everything! From pimples to acne scars, under-eye circles to uneven pigment, it provides even, long-lasting coverage that doesn't look cakey. I purchased it expecting it to be able to cover up some of my darker acne scars, but I've found that it's a great mult-use product and now it's my go-to concealer+foundation. I purchased the lighter shade and, it may just be me, but it seems to have some color-matching abilities that it doesn't advertise. When I first put it on, it's a lot lighter than my actual skin tone, but after a minute or so, it seems to adjust and matches my light/warm tone perfectly. I also appreciate the formula, which is talc, mica, bismuth oxycholoride and so free. I have EXTREMELY sensitive skin, and so far (after two weeks of use), it hasn't irritated my skin at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2011 11:31:00 AM More reviews by daisymrgrta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the coverage this product gives but I wish they had more than two shades available!!!! The darkest one is way to light to use on my face. I continue to use it as my eye concealer and eye primer. It works wonders as an eyeshadow primer and it covers my under eye circle tremendously. It doesnt budge either. It stays put unless my allergies are acting up and my eyes water too much (but I don't expect it to have special powers through tearing eyes. If I have to reapply due to my allergies it's very easy to work with and blend with the surrounding area that already has make up on. I recommend everyone have a tube of this stuff whether it be for concealing blemishes or under eye circles