September 19, 2014 | 1939 users online

Eyeliner - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Eyes - Matte Black 0L

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by retrotrash82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This liner was kind of "meh" for me. I don't frequently use pencil liners-- I'm more of a liquid liner girl-- but this came in the Rock Forever set from Sephora so I thought I would give it a whirl.

The price of the pencil itself is up there... somewhere around $18 to $20. A little pricey for the pencil alone, but like I said, this came in a set so it wasn't bad. For that much money, I thought the packaging would be a little nicer, but no dice. Frankly, the packaging sucked. For some reason, the cap would not come off, even when my brother tried pulling it off. In the end, I had to get my dad to open it, which unfortunately ended with the tip of the liner being broken off. Points off on that one.

As far as the actual liner, it's all right. It does wear for longer on my waterline than other pencils, and it has a good color pay-off. I don't have to keep lining, which is nice when you're working on your waterline and your eyeball hates that you're pulling your lids open. However, when I actually tried wearing this on my lids, it was about the same as any drug-store liner I've used. In other words, it dragged and skipped, no matter how sharp the point was, or what technique I tried to use. Not really satisfied with that aspect.

All in all, I don't think this product really lives up to the hype. For what you'll pay for a single liner, it's mediocre. Not terrible, but not worth the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by mischa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ouch! This pencil is so hard that it drags and actually feels like it's scratching my eyelid! It barely deposits any color either! I've had better luck with super cheap drugstore brands!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2011 10:26:00 PM More reviews by daisygirlorama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Does not last on water line or any other line for that matter.

Fades on top. Goes to the corners on water line.

I do not understand the hype?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 4:15:00 AM More reviews by tangerinna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

The HG of all HGs! I've been using this product for quite a few years now and I will not use any other eyeliner pencil out there. I've been spoiled by MUFE, nothing else compares when it comes to eyeliner. I've strayed a time or two due to hype (usually MAC) and have always been disappointed. It lasts all day, rain (I live in Amsterdam and travel 2x per day by bicycle... it's always raining or misty), snow, heat, humidity... all good! If I use the NARS smudge brush with a tiny bit of eyeshadow, I can smudge these pencils out nicely as well. Tightlines like a dream, a line is a line and stays all day.

The only flaw with this product is that if it gets directly in the corner of my eye, it will get smudgy, but ALL pencils (and liquids) do that on me anyway so it's nothing exclusive to this particular product.

I've had the green one for I don't even know how many years, but it's quite a few and I still have 3" or so left. I own so many of these pencils that it's ridiculous, but so worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2011 12:46:00 AM More reviews by newbie07

I wanted to try out a different kind of eyeliner so I gave this a shot. I have some mixed feelings about this eyeliner...I love the vivid color it gives, I love that I can smudge it easily, but I feel like alone it doesn't stay long. I'd say at the end of my 8 hour work day, only used to line my lids, it still smudges a little. I guess what I'm trying to say is that this eyeliner is great for that smudge look and won't budge after you smudge it, but will smudge if you just use it just to line. Is that a fair review? I probably won't repurchase once I'm out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 2:14:00 AM More reviews by plushbear84

Love this pencil. Doesn't smudge, gives a very subtle effect on the waterline, lasts all day without having to retouch. It does take a little more effort to remove though compared to other eyeliners i've tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by casjen54

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really love this pencil! It's the first eye pencil I've ever used that goes on BLACK (very pigmented) instead of a watery charcoal or gray/black) It's very soft so easy to line upper and lower lids quickly. I still love liquid eyeliner, and some gel eyeliners, but for just putting on my "eyes" in the morning to run errands or whatever, this pencil works well, no smudging. I do have dry skin, so maybe that's why it doesn't smudge on me, as opposed to some reviewers. I haven't sharpened it yet, so will see how that goes soon, hope it's successful. I got this as part of a Makeup Forever kit as a gift, but I probably will buy the pencil again,even though it's pricey; that's how much I like it.

Followup: it's a beyotch to sharpen! :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by mcclearydot20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ummm. Love it. Normally when I put eyeliner on my bottom waterline, it just smudges like crazy throughout the day and makes me look like a freak. I worked 9 hours today, and my eyeliner stayed put, as if I had just applied it. Will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2010 9:27:00 AM More reviews by katiexkaboom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Didn't find that this lived up to all the hype. Was super excited to try this and didn't think it was all that great. I found that it really didn't stay put all that well and smudged throughout the day. I haven't tested it against water, but I don't see how something could be waterproof if it comes off so easily throughout the day. I much prefer UD 24/7 glide eyeliner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2010 10:36:00 AM More reviews by mellypmakeup

This eyeliner is ok. It doesn't smudge on the upper lash line but it doesn't stay on the inner water line.. It does moove around slightly on the lower lash line but not tremendously.. Overall I will by this liner again just probably not black since I have SO many black liner that act the same some even better. but the color selection is really nice so why not..