January 27, 2015 | 1027 users online

Blush - TheBalm - Hot Mama

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is in the same color family as NARS orgasm, its a peachy pink blush with less glitter but more shimmer. It is very shimmery, as another reviewer said it is like a blush and highlighter in one. I do reach for this on a daily basis, because I dont mind the shimmer and this color is very complimentary on my light/medium skin tone. Cute packaging, too.
I wouldnt repurchase because there are sooo many blushes that are in this color range and I have a ton of them and am always trying out new brands and formulas.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by CG1981

This is a great blush, it has great pigment. The color is a shimmery pink/goldish color. It goes on smoothly and you get a lot in the package, i doubt i will ever finish. The problem is, while it does brighten up my face and looks good, the sheen is often way too much for me for a day time look. I would only save this for special occasions.
Also, if you have any pimples this will magnify them even if you had put concealer on it prior.
Overall though a great blush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by CrosseyedToad

I don't understand why this blush isn't heard of or hyped more. I have used Nars Orgasm and like it but this is 3x better. Basically the same shade without glitter or fall out but even prettier, wears longer and has such beautiful youthful sheen. I will definitely be re purchasing this one because I can actually see myself some day using it all up which I NEVER do with blushes. I just haven't found an HG until this.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by randers

This is a gorgeous, gorgeous blush. Reminiscent of NARS Orgasm but more less pink and more gold.

What sets this blush apart is the pigmentation and sheen. The blush is not glittery, but leaves a beautiful sheen that makes your face glow in a very natural way. I love pairing this blush with a bronzer for a vibrant, summery look.

I received this product as part of the Big Mama trio (Bahama Mama, Sexy Mama and Hot Mama) for only $13 at TJ Maxx. There are a million individual versions on eBay for around $10, and I will be repurchasing once I am out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by hrhirene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG blush times infinity.

Back when this stuff was actually sold at Sephora, a SA recommended it to me in place of NARS Orgasm. I decided to give it a shot... the two are extremely similar, but I keep reaching for Hot Mama instead of Orgasm. Orgasm is a bit pinker, IMO, and has the unfortunate tendency to sparkle a little more. Hot Mama, on the other hand, despite looking sparklier in the packaging (IMO) goes on incredibly beautifully. It really works as a dual illuminator and blush, without looking sparkly and weird. It makes my face look glowy and gorgeous, and not sparkly and insane. It's also just enough for my skin tone, which is very light, when applied with a gentle hand. The blush is very buildable, though, which is useful.

Best of all it's lasted *forever*... I bought it at least three years ago and have barely made a dent in it. Probably I ought to toss it and get a new one, but it still goes on beautifully!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Pearfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love the slight, natural looking flush and subtle shimmer I get from this which is almost like a bronzer on me -- though if I over-apply it can look orange-y or too much. Haven't perfected the "dosage" -- sometimes it doesn't show up on my skin and sometimes it's a lot, but that seems to be a matter of practice, and I've only had it for a few days. My one real criticism of this is that it seems to accentuate pores on the section of cheek near my nose when over-applied (the gold settles into pores), but over-application isn't ideal anyway. Again, practice makes perfect and I'm determined to keep trying this until I get it right.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Victorian9322

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

GORGEOUS sheen! LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 8:02:00 AM More reviews by eliztay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

So I bought this blush last Christmas, at the time I didn't really wear blush to often but this one looked appealing so I thought why not. I seriously fell in love with this product! The blush is a perfect pinky coral color,it's a perfect color for paler skin tones, and it last on your cheeks all day long. This blush does along way, I've mine for a year now,use it just about everyday and the pallet is still full! There is no doubt I'd recommend this product! It may be a tiny bit pricey but really worth every cent!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 4:24:00 AM More reviews by shelbyclarke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Perfect summer/spring blush! Shimmery but not glittery, great color pay off, you only need a little and it's easy to layer. I got this in the Balmbini palette and when it runs out I will definitely buy the full size version.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by FThomas24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this blush as part of the Balmbini palette from TheBalm. I love the warm color and texture. I use it as either a blush or a little highlighting. It can also be used as an eye shadow.