October 24, 2014 | 1700 users online

Blush - TheBalm - Hot Mama

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2012 11:55:00 PM More reviews by CrosseyedToad

I don't understand why this blush isn't heard of or hyped more. I have used Nars Orgasm and like it but this is 3x better. Basically the same shade without glitter or fall out but even prettier, wears longer and has such beautiful youthful sheen. I will definitely be re purchasing this one because I can actually see myself some day using it all up which I NEVER do with blushes. I just haven't found an HG until this.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by randers

This is a gorgeous, gorgeous blush. Reminiscent of NARS Orgasm but more less pink and more gold.

What sets this blush apart is the pigmentation and sheen. The blush is not glittery, but leaves a beautiful sheen that makes your face glow in a very natural way. I love pairing this blush with a bronzer for a vibrant, summery look.

I received this product as part of the Big Mama trio (Bahama Mama, Sexy Mama and Hot Mama) for only $13 at TJ Maxx. There are a million individual versions on eBay for around $10, and I will be repurchasing once I am out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by hrhirene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG blush times infinity.

Back when this stuff was actually sold at Sephora, a SA recommended it to me in place of NARS Orgasm. I decided to give it a shot... the two are extremely similar, but I keep reaching for Hot Mama instead of Orgasm. Orgasm is a bit pinker, IMO, and has the unfortunate tendency to sparkle a little more. Hot Mama, on the other hand, despite looking sparklier in the packaging (IMO) goes on incredibly beautifully. It really works as a dual illuminator and blush, without looking sparkly and weird. It makes my face look glowy and gorgeous, and not sparkly and insane. It's also just enough for my skin tone, which is very light, when applied with a gentle hand. The blush is very buildable, though, which is useful.

Best of all it's lasted *forever*... I bought it at least three years ago and have barely made a dent in it. Probably I ought to toss it and get a new one, but it still goes on beautifully!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Pearfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love the slight, natural looking flush and subtle shimmer I get from this which is almost like a bronzer on me -- though if I over-apply it can look orange-y or too much. Haven't perfected the "dosage" -- sometimes it doesn't show up on my skin and sometimes it's a lot, but that seems to be a matter of practice, and I've only had it for a few days. My one real criticism of this is that it seems to accentuate pores on the section of cheek near my nose when over-applied (the gold settles into pores), but over-application isn't ideal anyway. Again, practice makes perfect and I'm determined to keep trying this until I get it right.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Victorian9322

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

GORGEOUS sheen! LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 8:02:00 AM More reviews by eliztay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

So I bought this blush last Christmas, at the time I didn't really wear blush to often but this one looked appealing so I thought why not. I seriously fell in love with this product! The blush is a perfect pinky coral color,it's a perfect color for paler skin tones, and it last on your cheeks all day long. This blush does along way, I've mine for a year now,use it just about everyday and the pallet is still full! There is no doubt I'd recommend this product! It may be a tiny bit pricey but really worth every cent!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 4:24:00 AM More reviews by shelbyclarke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Perfect summer/spring blush! Shimmery but not glittery, great color pay off, you only need a little and it's easy to layer. I got this in the Balmbini palette and when it runs out I will definitely buy the full size version.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by FThomas24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this blush as part of the Balmbini palette from TheBalm. I love the warm color and texture. I use it as either a blush or a little highlighting. It can also be used as an eye shadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by LolaMay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

PROS
**Nice pigmentation, but can be a little sheer depending on the brush, but buildable
**Beautiful coral
**Nice golden glow, but no obvious shimmer
**Adorable packaging!!

CONS
**Pricey, I was able to buy this for half the price at TJMaxx!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by sara942

I found this blush at my local TJ Maxx for $9.99. Given all the hype, I figured I'd try it...and I was a little underwhelmed. It's a pretty, coral-y pink with a light dose of gold shimmer but it's nothing special on my medium-light, creamy middle eastern complexion w/ yellow undertones. It's harder and less pigmented than other blushes by theBalm like Frat Boy (my fave for a coral flush!) and Down Boy (a pale baby pink that still manages to show up well on my skin). It's a decent blush, especially for only $10 at TJ Maxx, but it's not my favorite.