October 20, 2014 | 1929 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Chance Eau Fraiche

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by maykim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been on a hunt for HG kind of signature scent as I am getting older, I feel like it is time to not have 10-15 fragrances at a time...:)) But you never know..:)

Chance Eau Fraiche is one of the fragrances I got sample from Sephora.

Despite the adorable bottle, color, and of course not to mention the lovely price, eau fraiche smelled exactly like the LAVANILA GRAPEFRUIT for maybe more than 2 hours. For those of you who know the smell of lavanila grapefruit, it smelled exactly like the first 3-5 minutes of lavanila grapefruit, but only for at least 2 hours..

I would consider this fragrance total waste of money at this price point especially.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by grrrrrr

I don't understand the gushing raves about this fragrance. The opening notes are green, yes, but quite pungent, and it dries down to the exact same original Chance. In fact, I have it on my wrists right now and after about an hour it's a replica of the original. If you want something that's smells even slightly different, go for the pink Tendre. It doesn't have the short-lived opening green notes, but it's different, at least.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2010 7:46:00 AM More reviews by iamcasihart

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Chance Eau Fraiche is everything that I wanted the original Chance to be. Eau Fraiche has plenty of character and it's contradictions actually compliment eachother rather than confuse. There is a sparkling, juicy freshness that is complimented by a dry, spicy warmth. There is an all-natural tart sweetness to Eau Fraiche that, when combined with the fresh green note of cedar, creates such an uplifting and happy fragrance. This is so well balanced, complex and very wearable...and, dare I say, chipper?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by SarahLuvsLee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absoulty adore this purfume its so gorgeous and everytime i wear it i get people sayin to me what purfume is that complimenting it.
Its really expensive but u only need a small spray and the smell is really strong lasts al day long. its my favorite perfume and i wont be without a bottle ;D :D =] <3 xx

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2010 8:58:00 AM More reviews by TrishyB

Mmmm! I fell in love with this fragrance the moment I tried it! I finally got it and it was instantly one of my favourites. The smell is quite strong and overpowering if you spray too much and it lasts ALLLLL day! Its a fresh uplifting scent with many little elements in it that make it unique. The smell changes during the day - depending on your skins natural oils and chemistry, but it doesn't turn into a bad smell or anything.
I think its good for day and night!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2010 11:16:00 AM More reviews by kelly1600

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this! Slightly masculine, with the musk and vetiver, but there is also jasmine and this is just a great, citrus daytime scent. Currently one of my go-to summer scents. Don't be afraid of the jasmine, I'm not a jasmine lover, but in this it is just so wearable. Lasts forever on me; one spray in the inside of my elbow lasted 13+ hours. Also great in the heat and humidity.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by GeeJocUrGOLD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this scent! For a toilette it's very potent, admittedly I'm an over-sprayer and people could smell it on me from at least ten feet away (lesson learned) . Very fresh and clean, good for daytime and work. I have gotten A LOT of compliments on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2010 3:54:00 AM More reviews by amyelise

amazing!... fresh but lasts forever, you can smell it on your clothes for days. one of my favourites.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by happywoman28

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I adore this totally "fresh" scent". It makes my eyes pop open,
in a good way.

HOWEVER: on me it does not last more than half an hour.
I sprayed my entire right arm in the store, really soaked it,
with the tester, and by the time I got home I could hardly smell it.
It is definitely masculine when it first hits your nose but quickly
fades out to a more flowery feminine scent.
Sigh!
Guess I will have to stick with the boring Estee Lauder smells.
Them and Lancome are the only brands that last on me for
some reason.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2010 6:34:00 AM More reviews by miracle_as

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am using this for nearly 3 years. I have also used the original Chance but liked this one better. I love citrusy notes. It's become my HG since my original HG is discontinued. It is a little strange fragrance. It starts masculine(for example when someone else sprays my fragrance at first I smell this masculine smell on them but on me I love it and everyone loves it. Everybody tells me "you smell great" try it.

This is my review for Gucci Flora Eau Fraiche, i am adding it here also because I talk about Chanel more than Gucci here ==> Is it a coincidence that all reviewers have talked about Chanel Chance Eau fraiche?? I don't think so. :) Eau fraiche is my HG fragrance for 4 years. And for 4 years, any other scent couldn't get my love . It is the scent of "me".

All of a sudden a sample was given after a shopping and DG the one struck me and I smelled Gucci Flora fraiche in the store and liked it. The fresh is definitely better than the original one. After 4 years...a scent got my attention, and I wanted /want to give a chance to it. This is my second day of wearing it. As it is summer right now I chose Flora fresh but at the start of fall, I dream to buy Dg One also. After Chance fraiche and after the "me" scent Gucci flora fresh "can" be my second "me" scent but it won't be my HG. The number one will always be Chance Eau fraiche.

If we come to DG the one, I think this is what a woman should smell like. Everyone loves the poison series by Dior, and I sort of like Lolita Lempicka but I believe the "womanly woman version of me" should smell DG The one. So when I need/want to smell like a grown up, sexy woman I think I should use The One DG.

How about Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche this is me! :) Chance eau fraiche makes me feel sexy, young, attractive,happy, full of life, energy and sexiness in the instant I spray it. Oh what scents can do for us :) This is the smell that everyone comments on me, you smell so nice. All of us can't be wrong :) Please smell Chance Eau fraiche! And give a chance to all of them, maybe you'll like them even more than I do.