December 20, 2014 | 1563 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Chance Eau Fraiche

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by warmscarf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After falling in love with Coco Mademoiselle I wanted to try out a few of Chanel's other fragrances too. I thought I'd especially love Chance because it has a few similar fragrance notes as CM...However, after trying on Chance, I have to say it's not love. Chance is not a bad scent at all, it's quite pleasant. It's a light, cool, clean scent that I'm sure some people will love, but I find it somewhat generic. Maybe I just prefer warmer scents.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by maykim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been on a hunt for HG kind of signature scent as I am getting older, I feel like it is time to not have 10-15 fragrances at a time...:)) But you never know..:)

Chance Eau Fraiche is one of the fragrances I got sample from Sephora.

Despite the adorable bottle, color, and of course not to mention the lovely price, eau fraiche smelled exactly like the LAVANILA GRAPEFRUIT for maybe more than 2 hours. For those of you who know the smell of lavanila grapefruit, it smelled exactly like the first 3-5 minutes of lavanila grapefruit, but only for at least 2 hours..

I would consider this fragrance total waste of money at this price point especially.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by grrrrrr

I don't understand the gushing raves about this fragrance. The opening notes are green, yes, but quite pungent, and it dries down to the exact same original Chance. In fact, I have it on my wrists right now and after about an hour it's a replica of the original. If you want something that's smells even slightly different, go for the pink Tendre. It doesn't have the short-lived opening green notes, but it's different, at least.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2010 7:46:00 AM More reviews by iamcasihart

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Chance Eau Fraiche is everything that I wanted the original Chance to be. Eau Fraiche has plenty of character and it's contradictions actually compliment eachother rather than confuse. There is a sparkling, juicy freshness that is complimented by a dry, spicy warmth. There is an all-natural tart sweetness to Eau Fraiche that, when combined with the fresh green note of cedar, creates such an uplifting and happy fragrance. This is so well balanced, complex and very wearable...and, dare I say, chipper?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by SarahLuvsLee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absoulty adore this purfume its so gorgeous and everytime i wear it i get people sayin to me what purfume is that complimenting it.
Its really expensive but u only need a small spray and the smell is really strong lasts al day long. its my favorite perfume and i wont be without a bottle ;D :D =] <3 xx

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2010 8:58:00 AM More reviews by TrishyB

Mmmm! I fell in love with this fragrance the moment I tried it! I finally got it and it was instantly one of my favourites. The smell is quite strong and overpowering if you spray too much and it lasts ALLLLL day! Its a fresh uplifting scent with many little elements in it that make it unique. The smell changes during the day - depending on your skins natural oils and chemistry, but it doesn't turn into a bad smell or anything.
I think its good for day and night!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2010 11:16:00 AM More reviews by kelly1600

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this! Slightly masculine, with the musk and vetiver, but there is also jasmine and this is just a great, citrus daytime scent. Currently one of my go-to summer scents. Don't be afraid of the jasmine, I'm not a jasmine lover, but in this it is just so wearable. Lasts forever on me; one spray in the inside of my elbow lasted 13+ hours. Also great in the heat and humidity.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by GeeJocUrGOLD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this scent! For a toilette it's very potent, admittedly I'm an over-sprayer and people could smell it on me from at least ten feet away (lesson learned) . Very fresh and clean, good for daytime and work. I have gotten A LOT of compliments on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2010 3:54:00 AM More reviews by amyelise

amazing!... fresh but lasts forever, you can smell it on your clothes for days. one of my favourites.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by happywoman28

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I adore this totally "fresh" scent". It makes my eyes pop open,
in a good way.

HOWEVER: on me it does not last more than half an hour.
I sprayed my entire right arm in the store, really soaked it,
with the tester, and by the time I got home I could hardly smell it.
It is definitely masculine when it first hits your nose but quickly
fades out to a more flowery feminine scent.
Sigh!
Guess I will have to stick with the boring Estee Lauder smells.
Them and Lancome are the only brands that last on me for
some reason.