January 29, 2015 | 1700 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Chance Eau Fraiche

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2010 12:22:00 PM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I sampled this once only and I'll most likely purchase my bottle for next summer. This is soft, light and watery floral though not to the point of being aquatic. I hope I make sense here, lol. My nose is bad in detecitng the notes most of the time, but I can tell you even the base is not heavy or too warm.

When compared to Chance Eau Tendre (released in 2010), Eau Fraiche is definitely way much more refreshing. They are similar but not clones. The floral here is different - this is not as strong and bold though I'm not saying Eau Tendre is cloying as it is balanced with citrusy notes. The citrus here is also mroe mild for I actually mainly get the light watery floral. Imo Eau Tendre is good for Spring or Autumn only as the floral is a bit too much during the hot and humid summer here, while I believe Eau Fraiche can take care for the summer. Btw, the base is sweeter in Eau Fraiche too.

Green doesn't mean grassiness/ crisp/ sour. Chanel is making this green fragrance interesting... The lightness in this perfume goes well with the green though... Haha.

After testing Eau Tendre and Eau Fraiche, I have a feeling that these "variations" are quite different from what Chanel usually comes up with - think Coco Mademoiselle and No. 5. Those are somehow on the bold side, and probably catering more mature hearts, while these 2 are more like younger sisters. They have the Chanel quality and therefore definitely not second class just as one of the reviewers pointed out - esp for this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2010 4:19:00 AM More reviews by GabrielleCoCo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very generic smelling scent, with citrusy notes that waft up your nose. Nothing really outstanding and worst part it is like a cologne, not even an EDT concentration as it hardly lasted more than an hour or so. Quite a disappointment. I was hoping for something that will be more unique and longer lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2010 2:28:00 PM More reviews by cetati

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG perfume. As I transition into my mid-twenties, I needed something not as cloyingly sweet and girly. This works well in professional settings because of its slightly masculine notes, but the hint of citrus and floral helps it greatly. A favorite all summer this year.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by warmscarf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After falling in love with Coco Mademoiselle I wanted to try out a few of Chanel's other fragrances too. I thought I'd especially love Chance because it has a few similar fragrance notes as CM...However, after trying on Chance, I have to say it's not love. Chance is not a bad scent at all, it's quite pleasant. It's a light, cool, clean scent that I'm sure some people will love, but I find it somewhat generic. Maybe I just prefer warmer scents.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by maykim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been on a hunt for HG kind of signature scent as I am getting older, I feel like it is time to not have 10-15 fragrances at a time...:)) But you never know..:)

Chance Eau Fraiche is one of the fragrances I got sample from Sephora.

Despite the adorable bottle, color, and of course not to mention the lovely price, eau fraiche smelled exactly like the LAVANILA GRAPEFRUIT for maybe more than 2 hours. For those of you who know the smell of lavanila grapefruit, it smelled exactly like the first 3-5 minutes of lavanila grapefruit, but only for at least 2 hours..

I would consider this fragrance total waste of money at this price point especially.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by grrrrrr

I don't understand the gushing raves about this fragrance. The opening notes are green, yes, but quite pungent, and it dries down to the exact same original Chance. In fact, I have it on my wrists right now and after about an hour it's a replica of the original. If you want something that's smells even slightly different, go for the pink Tendre. It doesn't have the short-lived opening green notes, but it's different, at least.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2010 7:46:00 AM More reviews by iamcasihart

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Chance Eau Fraiche is everything that I wanted the original Chance to be. Eau Fraiche has plenty of character and it's contradictions actually compliment eachother rather than confuse. There is a sparkling, juicy freshness that is complimented by a dry, spicy warmth. There is an all-natural tart sweetness to Eau Fraiche that, when combined with the fresh green note of cedar, creates such an uplifting and happy fragrance. This is so well balanced, complex and very wearable...and, dare I say, chipper?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by SarahLuvsLee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absoulty adore this purfume its so gorgeous and everytime i wear it i get people sayin to me what purfume is that complimenting it.
Its really expensive but u only need a small spray and the smell is really strong lasts al day long. its my favorite perfume and i wont be without a bottle ;D :D =] <3 xx

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2010 8:58:00 AM More reviews by TrishyB

Mmmm! I fell in love with this fragrance the moment I tried it! I finally got it and it was instantly one of my favourites. The smell is quite strong and overpowering if you spray too much and it lasts ALLLLL day! Its a fresh uplifting scent with many little elements in it that make it unique. The smell changes during the day - depending on your skins natural oils and chemistry, but it doesn't turn into a bad smell or anything.
I think its good for day and night!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2010 11:16:00 AM More reviews by kelly1600

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this! Slightly masculine, with the musk and vetiver, but there is also jasmine and this is just a great, citrus daytime scent. Currently one of my go-to summer scents. Don't be afraid of the jasmine, I'm not a jasmine lover, but in this it is just so wearable. Lasts forever on me; one spray in the inside of my elbow lasted 13+ hours. Also great in the heat and humidity.