Everyday Minerals New Flat Top Brush

Not tested on animals

Synthetic

on 6/18/2010 4:28:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Didn't realise this brush was so small. However definitely a great brush! I do have a few mineral foundation brushes such as the body shop kabuki and the ecotools kabuki. I used to use the body shop one for mineral foundation and then ecotools was used for finishing powder. Even though I used the body shop kabuki for mineral foundation, I looked really cakey so I was in search for another one. After reading sooo many good reviews on this brush, I decided to try it. Really really good brush and not expensive at all. I use this for my mineral foundation and it looks much much better, no longer cakey! The only eally minor glitch is that one of the hairs on the brush sticks out just a little bit more than the brush and is a bit annoying since I can't pull it out. I will cut it soon so that it is align with all the hairs on the brush. Definitely sticking to this brush for a really long time! Now to find the right foundation shade!

on 6/12/2010 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't think I can live without this brush. It's so soft, luxurious, dense, portable, does not shed easily... I can go on and on. I used to use this to buff my EDM foundation in, but since they'd discontinued my foundation shade and refused to ship to my country anymore I switched to Bare Escentuals and it works just as nicely! HG material. :)

on 6/11/2010 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great brush for my EDM powder foundations. My only complaint is that it takes at least three days to dry when I wash it.

on 6/6/2010 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I use this brush for liquid foundation. Given that it is a flat top I thought it'd be able to give me an even and smooth finish but instead it just made me look cakey. It doesn't blend well because it's so dense.

on 6/2/2010 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

This is my absolute favorite brush for applying mineral makeup! The bristles are soo soft and smooth. I do use the EM foundation and it blends the makeup so smoothly for a flawless finish. I have used BE brushes before and I did not like them because they were rough and scratchy and did not apply makeup well. I would definitely recommend this brush to anyone!

on 5/25/2010 3:54:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I've been collecting skunk brushes lately on my quest to try as many as I can so I was happy to swap for this one. I am not familiar with the Everyday Minerals brand so I had no idea what to expect. I have the coveted MAC 187, Philosophy's The Supernatural foundation brush, MUFE's new stippling brush, Ecotools' stippling brush, CS stippling brush and the SK skunk brush so I had really high expectations for this little cutie.

The first thing I thought when I received this was: "How am I going to do anything with this? It's so tiny! This is going to be lame." Upon closer examination, however, the soft-as-silk bristles are very tightly packed. This more than makes up for the small size. Most of my other skunk brushes have bristles that are 'floppy' in comparison and its a lot harder to blend your foundation, blush, etc. as the bristles are always shifting this way or that. Not with this baby. I've used this with liquid, powder and cream foundations and I was most impressed with how the bristles moved the cream foundation over my skin. The finish was streak free, seamless and perfect.

I've spent a lot more on brushes that are twice as large but only deliver half the results. I doubt I will stop sampling skunk brushes, as I don't feel bad about adding items to my stash that I use every day, but this one will always have a very special place next to my most difficult to work with foundations. Like a great teacher, this brush turns even the most difficult to reach student into a star. Try it! You will love it.

on 5/21/2010 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really love this brush, I have had it for about 8 months and it has served me very well. While I no longer really use mineral makeup, I find this is great for applying powder foundations, blush, setting powder, and even a select few liquid foundations. The bristles are incredibly soft and it blends everything out really well, the size is perfect too, I can slip it into any makeup bag to take it on the go for touch-ups with my pressed powder. I would definitely repurchase, though unless I lose it, I think it will last me for quite a long time.

First off this brush is just amazing! For only $10 this brush gives you a flawless face with any type of foundation. I use it for mineral foundation, powder, and liquid foundation. Coverage always comes out even and is very build-able. I would defiantly buy this brush again except since it's made so well and doesn't shed I don't think I'll need to re-buy for awhile =)

on 4/22/2010 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I first got this brush, I was pleasantly surprised at how tiny it was! It's a nice travel size; for some reason I thought it would be much bigger. This brush is very soft and dense. There is little give when you swirl it against your skin, which I like. It gives me a nice, smooth and even coverage with my mineral foundation. It picks up foundation very well, when I tap my brush on the side of my lid I can see no excess foundation coming out - I like this but you may have to be careful not to pick up too much foundation. This was my first flat top brush and I had no problems using it on the sides of my nose. At first when I wasn't used to using this, I would buff it too hard and the brush would just "rotate" in place if that makes sense... use a light hand and it'll provide you with a perfect finish! I always look forward to putting on my foundation with this brush because it feels so nice on my face :)

on 4/19/2010 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Love this brush, softest ever without shedding! And for $10 it sure is a bargain!!

Top Rated Everyday Minerals Products