January 31, 2015 | 1167 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 227 Large Fluff Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Sayoko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush because of the exceptional reviews it got on MUA and Youtube. At first I was a bit skeptical because of the size in relation to size of my small lids.. but once I got to experimenting with the brush, loved it! Its great for highlighting, blending my contour and highlight colors, this is definately an all over shader. The bristles are very dense and soft, It also worked well for me as a highlighter!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2009 11:01:00 PM More reviews by bvan117

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I abs. Love this brush!! This has densely packed bristle for picking up the right amount of product and precise application!! I use this as my highlight brush. I usually put on my highlight last and when I do, this brush will do my blending for me. I really don't use the 224 for blending that much, because the 227 does a great job of it. I will be applying my highlight, but AT THE SAME TIME, this brush does the blending as well!! highly recommend for anyone who is building their mac brush collection! definitely a must have tho for everyone!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2009 10:39:00 AM More reviews by angelbemine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Been searching for a fluffy brush to color my whole eyelid with a wash of dark brown (as for shadow). I have asian eyes (not hollowed), which lacks depth. I find that using a dark chocolate tone looks more natural rather than piling up beige/taupe shadow. In order to have a wash effect, I used to use a small blush brush that came free with an old compact. I went to the MAC counter & the SA suggested this. Although the size/fluffiness is okay, I feel that it's too dense (hair packed too tight) to have a washed effect. I need to practice a light hand in applying this. I haven't used it as a highlighter yet, as others here suggested. I need to wash out the dark brown first before trying it as a hightlighter for the cheekbones/temples.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2009 5:10:00 PM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this brush is pure genius. i use it for concealer to get an awesome, full, airbrushed coverage. i use it for browbone highlight for a natural blend and because it fits perfectly, i use it apply a wash of color all over my eye since it picks up a nice amount of product and it's big enough, and to highlight that C around the eyes, on the cheekbone and to highlight areas like the bridge of my nose or upper lip.

super, super, super multi-useful brush. adore it

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2009 5:23:00 PM More reviews by MacAtFirstSight

I bought this brush because of the reviews. however, I'm not so happy with the brush, mostly because i don't get much use out of it. I have so many other brushes that can do the same thing that this brush does. I've only used this for highlighting and don't think it's a brilliant brush for that purpose.
it is, however, great for blending out harsh lines, and it gets the job done quickly. great for all over color, etc... but not worth the price.
i ended up selling the brush and am content with not having it. it had been sitting in my brush roll for a long time anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 10:48:00 AM More reviews by PCA05KAT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because of the good reviews on MUA and I'm so glad that I did. It is a large, soft and densly packed brush that can be used for highlighter anywhere on the face, for applying lid colour up to the brow bone or blending out a harsh crease colour. 'It sounds like these jobs can be done just as well with others brushes from cheaper brands right?'...........well that's what I thought but I was very wrong.....This is the best blender and highlight brush ever and does a superior job in less time than any other brush I've used. I got this at a UK CCO for 15 but would happily have paid full price if I'd have known how fantastic it was. Also. I don't have very much space between my crease and brow but this still fits in perfectly. Would buy agin if I lost mine which I hope I never do!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2009 9:31:00 AM More reviews by lowbka

for me, I use #227 to apply base color all over the lids and highlight the brow bone.
It is easy to blend out the harsh line than other brush for its dense and large size.
I am now using this everyday for my eye makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2009 2:04:00 AM More reviews by algreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I adore this brush. I initially bought this thinking I would be able to use it to apply color all over my lid, but I found it to be a bit big for that. I don't mind though because it's the perfect brush for applying a highlight color. I use it every day for that purpose. I don't know how I lived without it! It's so soft and fluffy. A must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2009 7:03:00 PM More reviews by juju1213

227 has become my new favorite brush.
It is a multi-functional. I use it to apply base color all over the lids. It takes less work to blend out the harsh line than other blending brush like 217 for its large size. I also use it to highlight. In my opinion, it is a must have. highly recommend it to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2009 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Spurklie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've never dithered so much about buying a MAC brush before. It was on my list of lemmings for about a year. I was worried it would be too big for eye mu and too small for face mu. And... it's neither. I really like this brush. Don't use it every day, but it's great for applying highlight to the browbone, blending out the crease, and also applying highlighter to the cheekbones. Nice sturdy bristles, not too soft and floppy. One of the pricier MAC eye brushes, but a worthwhile buy.