September 14, 2014 | 2035 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2011 5:38:00 AM More reviews by kwinki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is great for setting my foundation/bb creams and has a natural/ very slightly dewy finish on me. I like this powder and have used it for years, but I always get a few breakoutsfrom it. its just a few bumps here and there so it hasnt stopped me from using it because it looks so good

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 7:09:00 AM More reviews by jordanXO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Amazing!
Mac MSFN is a sheer, natural looking powder. I really like it for a stand alone powder over concealer or as a setting powder. I have pretty good skin, and i don't get oily. I like a more natural look-this gives me exactly that.
Will repurchase.
For reference I'm NW15-20.
Hope this was helpful!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2011 10:52:00 AM More reviews by nunyabidniz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First of all, I love this product - as a concealer! It works wonders under my eyes and as a flat scar concealer, with a smooth, easily-blended, natural look. No more cakey bits as with liquid concealers. You know the kind - when you catch a glimpse of yourself in the right (or wrong!) light, the concealer spots can sometimes appear glaringly obvious and caked-on? Even looked good under the lamp at the dentist!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by lolaborro

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a make up artist and have been using this for a long time (not for my customers, but for myself!!)

I absolutely love the finish of this compact powder, it gives a very nice coverage and looks really natural.

Much recommended if you don't need a lot of coverage, ideal used concealer and camouflage in the problem areas for a lovely and natural finish.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2011 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Kizzy69

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So on reading other reviews, I'm guessing I got a dud but I still have to review what I got!

I had to SCRAPE my nails through this to break it up so I could get powder off it. It was so baked it went shiny, you know, where you can't get any colour payoff? And I have good, Shu Uemura brushes. AND I bought a medium dark at the same time for contouring which is fine - a lovely light, fine powder. Wierd, huh?

I think this will probably go in the bin. Gutted!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2011 11:15:00 PM More reviews by samanthajade27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A favourite. This powder has buildable coverage, which means if I feel like going (semi) au naturale for the day, I can sweep this on and still get good staying power equivalent to a light matte foundation. It also works nicely layered over my foundation to set and mattify without any caking or mess. My only concern is that it's quite a messy powder to put on, which may just be something dumb I'm doing when applying it. I like to use my jumbo-size Shu Uemura kabuki brush and it seems to go everywhere; not particularly hard-packed and more like a loose powder. Probably works much better with a powder puff, but I don't like using those... Worth it though for a really great powder.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by noname101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't really like this.

The tone is pinkish and it looks powdery. it works terribly for me as a set powered as it makes the foundation cakey. I really don't like this, I wish I didn't buy it! I feel like is should wear it more because i have so much left.

bummer!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by becky9106

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Go to powder everyday! Absolutely love it! On top of foundation it gives me full coverage, mattifies my makeup and makes my skin look flawless! I couldnt ask for anymore, I LOVE IT!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2011 5:38:00 AM More reviews by Megan88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for nearly 3 years, I'm onto my 6th compact! It's a great product for those like me who don't like to wear heavy foundation but still want to look 'polished'. It gives sheer coverage on its own which you can build on, and sets on top of foundation for a prefect matte finish. It also never made me break out. I dust it on with a powder brush & also press it in with my fingers over spots & the redness round the edge of my nose if need be.
The only con I can say it that worn on its own it wont last all day, but it does when worn over foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by egarrett2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hmm. What a peculiar product. When I first got this, I was disappointed. It left a chalky finish on my face and seemed to just look blah. It seemed to have very little coverage, so I just tossed it aside and occasionally dusted it over foundation as a finishing powder. A little ways down the road, I decided to give it another shot. I had tweaked my skincare routine, which I think made all the difference in the world. I had been using Milk of Magnesia as my primer, which made my skin look better for about a week and then it started going downhill. I changed my primer and moisturizer, and alas! MSFN was making me glow. Rather than using it as a setting powder, I started using it as my foundation. I would simply conceal under my eyes and buff this in, and I could have medium coverage with this stuff. It melts into my skin. I have even found that I can conceal over it and it doesn't look weird at all. I love the subdued shimmer. I can even use this as a barely there cheek bone highlighter when I use a few layers. The staying power is fairly decent with my oily skin, and all in all, I would buy again. It's a nice light foundation, and it takes effort to make it look cakey. I think it honestly all depend on your skin at that given time. If you are using the wrong products or you are having an extra bad skin week, MSFN might not work for you. Work with it and give it time. It's not quite perfect, but it is very nice.