October 24, 2014 | 884 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by sam23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is definitely more of a setting powder than an independent foundation powder, it isn't very pigmented. I like really light coverage but I'm gonna have to find a nice primer or moisturizer to put on first because this doesn't cover anything on it's own. Overall though, I do like it for very sheer under-eye concealer and for reducing the shine on my nose/forehead and it feels nice, it doesn't feel really thick and gross and like my pores are being clogged. It doesn't smell uber talc-ee either which I hate. so I would buy it again, if I find a really good base to put it on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My favourite powder ever. I've used MACs select sheer pressed and Laura Mercier translucent powder before, but this is my favourite out of all three. What I like best is that it sets my makeup while adding an extra bit of coverage (unlike the other two) and mattifies any shininess throughout the day or night. The shade 'light' is perfect for my NW5-10 skin tone. My only gripe with this is that I wish it came with a mirror. Apart from that? Perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2011 5:38:00 AM More reviews by kwinki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is great for setting my foundation/bb creams and has a natural/ very slightly dewy finish on me. I like this powder and have used it for years, but I always get a few breakoutsfrom it. its just a few bumps here and there so it hasnt stopped me from using it because it looks so good

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 7:09:00 AM More reviews by jordanXO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Amazing!
Mac MSFN is a sheer, natural looking powder. I really like it for a stand alone powder over concealer or as a setting powder. I have pretty good skin, and i don't get oily. I like a more natural look-this gives me exactly that.
Will repurchase.
For reference I'm NW15-20.
Hope this was helpful!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2011 10:52:00 AM More reviews by nunyabidniz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First of all, I love this product - as a concealer! It works wonders under my eyes and as a flat scar concealer, with a smooth, easily-blended, natural look. No more cakey bits as with liquid concealers. You know the kind - when you catch a glimpse of yourself in the right (or wrong!) light, the concealer spots can sometimes appear glaringly obvious and caked-on? Even looked good under the lamp at the dentist!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by lolaborro

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a make up artist and have been using this for a long time (not for my customers, but for myself!!)

I absolutely love the finish of this compact powder, it gives a very nice coverage and looks really natural.

Much recommended if you don't need a lot of coverage, ideal used concealer and camouflage in the problem areas for a lovely and natural finish.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2011 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Kizzy69

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So on reading other reviews, I'm guessing I got a dud but I still have to review what I got!

I had to SCRAPE my nails through this to break it up so I could get powder off it. It was so baked it went shiny, you know, where you can't get any colour payoff? And I have good, Shu Uemura brushes. AND I bought a medium dark at the same time for contouring which is fine - a lovely light, fine powder. Wierd, huh?

I think this will probably go in the bin. Gutted!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2011 11:15:00 PM More reviews by samanthajade27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A favourite. This powder has buildable coverage, which means if I feel like going (semi) au naturale for the day, I can sweep this on and still get good staying power equivalent to a light matte foundation. It also works nicely layered over my foundation to set and mattify without any caking or mess. My only concern is that it's quite a messy powder to put on, which may just be something dumb I'm doing when applying it. I like to use my jumbo-size Shu Uemura kabuki brush and it seems to go everywhere; not particularly hard-packed and more like a loose powder. Probably works much better with a powder puff, but I don't like using those... Worth it though for a really great powder.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by noname101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't really like this.

The tone is pinkish and it looks powdery. it works terribly for me as a set powered as it makes the foundation cakey. I really don't like this, I wish I didn't buy it! I feel like is should wear it more because i have so much left.

bummer!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by becky9106

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Go to powder everyday! Absolutely love it! On top of foundation it gives me full coverage, mattifies my makeup and makes my skin look flawless! I couldnt ask for anymore, I LOVE IT!