WORST waterproof eyeliner I've ever tried. I read the other reviews and I *wish* mine was remotely difficult to take off...my experience with it is like night/day! Within minutes of application it smudged (I thought maybe I just didn't let it dry enough) and continued to smear, transfer, rub off and smudge throughout the morning. It's 9:30am and my eyelids are raw from all the "clean up" I've had to do with a tissue :P Horrible. What a waste of $3 because this is going straight to the trash.
For those bad reviews, of course it isn't easy to come off, it's waterproof. It comes right off with Vaseline, just take a shower after using the Vaseline. Any who:
This is a great product, it's DIRT CHEAP. I buy it for $2. I'm very picky when it comes to eyeliner. And I love love love it!
It's great for winged eyeliner.
Just don't buy it if you're a newby at eyeliner, because it dries quite fast, so if you mess up it'll take a while to take off.
I certainly recommend this.
First this liner is like super glue, it doesn't want to come off!! Seriously, I put some on my hand and it didn't even chip for like 4 days of showering, dish washing, etc.. So if you need a liner that will last a month, then go for it. I must say that this got stuck in the roots of my lashes and I couldn't get it out for like a week.. This part really sucked. But overall it's pretty easy to work with and everything, and it will last forever. Lol
This eyeliner... I have a love/hate relationship with it! Like I love how it stays on and does not budge throughout my days. But I hate how it doesn't wanna come off at all when I need it to! The brush is okay. Well, it's decent. It's not too flexible, but it's not flexible enough. Will I buy it again? Probably when I'm on a budget unless I can find a better, cheaper, liquid eyeliner.
I was torn between 3 and 4 and ended up rating it 3 for a couple of reasons. I am not crazy about the formula and the brush combo. I feel like the formula should be a little thicker for a felt tip to work. When I was using the brush it came with, I absolutely hated it as it was so hard to work with. I started using the brush that came with WnW mega liner and it works like a charm. It goes on smooth and lasts all day. I'm almost done with it but I'm such a cheapo that I want to use it up completely. I see clumps at the opening but I don't want to toss it yet. I cleaned the clumps with a Q-tip and it is much easy to work with it now. I will use up the one that I have but I will not be repurchasing.
I could've sworn I reviewed this ages ago, along with Urban Decay 24-7 Glide-On Eye Pencil and Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner, but I couldn't find it. Maybe I forgot to click submit? Anyway, here it is again.
- This thing is basically a TATTOO in liquid form. I'm serious. I've worn this while training with my dragon boat team, which is basically rowing, but more Asian. As you can imagine there's a lot of water splashing on my face, mixing with my tears of exertion, and then further mixing with the oil on my lids because my skin type is lovely like that. This does not budge. AT. ALL.
- The finish (?). I put a question mark because not everybody has the same preferences. The finish is a little shiny, not completely matte. As if it's still a little wet all the time. So if it's taking forever for yours to dry, maybe that's just the finish.
- The price. It's like $3. What else can you get for $3 nowadays? Here in Toronto, it barely even buys you a trip on the subway.
- Impossible to remove. The flip side of that awesome tattoo-like stay put quality is that tattoos are pretty damn hard to get rid of. I took mine off with Lancome's Bi-Facil Double Action Eye Makeup Remover, which most people will agree is a really good remover, and STILL I needed vigorous rubbing, which has never happened before.
- Consistency. It was fine at first, but after a few uses the liquid started to dry up and get thicker and thicker, to the point where a little sticky trail will connect the applicator tip and the rim of the bottle, sort of like mozzarella on pizza but much less pleasant, because it's really hard to line your eyes with what basically feels like coloured glue.
- Will make your eyes bald. I don't know about you guys, but my eyelashes are not in a perfect, neat little line. There's a few that have grown out above what you would call my proper lash line, and some naturally curl more than others. So when I line my eyes, inevitably a bit of the eyeliner liquid will touch my lashes. Normally this is fine. NOT WITH THIS EYELINER. The liquid will solidify into a droplet of solid mess hanging off my eyelash, sort of like when you accidentally leave a dollop of glue in your hair when using a hot glue gun. And then it will be IMPOSSIBLE to remove, unless you pull at the ball of solidified colour, at which point it will proceed to take your actual eyelash with it. For an Asian with sparse eyelashes to begin with, this is DEVASTATING.
- The applicator tip. Only the top 1/8 of the applicator actually bends. So the whole exercise feels like drawing on your skin by dipping a wooden stick in coloured glue, and then having to pull out any hair it touches.
I think that last con really sums up how I feel about this product. Really it's not meant for eyelining, or at least not the way I do it. But I still keep this in my makeup bag, and have actually purchased more colours since. Why, you ask? Well:
These make FANTASTIC HALLOWEEN drawing pens. The hair pulling and the tricky application don't matter as much when you're drawing ladybugs on your cheek as opposed to a fine line close to your eyelashes, and the staying power really gets to shine. I've always preferred to do my Halloween makeup with actual makeup if possible, as opposed to those cheap face paint palettes, because they are more breathable and designed for long-time wear, so I don't spend my entire night conscious of the fact that there's a layer of oily, toxic something covering my face that will probably break me out later. Draw that spider on your face/hand with this eyeliner instead of face paint, and watch it survive hand washings and chocolate rubbings and tears pouring and drinks spilling and whatever else you can think of to destroy it. Just be sure to use plenty of patience and makeup remover at the end of the night. It won't even cost you any more than those cheap face painting kits, what more can you ask for?
Bottom line, not good as a eyeliner, but that doesn't mean you need to toss it out. Make those $3 work!
I have bought this twice and would say overall it's a pretty good waterproof eyeliner. I buy it in ultra black, and usually find it works better over time because the liquid is too runny at first. It never leaves black marks underneath my eyes, and I use it on my waterline and to fill the spaces between my eyelashes. I don't really like the "felt tip" kind of brush, I find it doesn't apply as smooth and consistent, so I have to sometimes touch up a few areas before I'm ready to go.
This is horrible eyeliner. I love the regular WnW liquid eyeliner. I bought this because rainy season just started. It immediately transfers to my upper lids. I have oily lids but with primer and powder, I never have any transfer with the regular eyeliner. This stuff makes me look a hot mess within an hour of application. Going straight in the trash
I did not like anything about this product, other than the price. The applicator is stiff (to the point of actually hurting your eyelid), and it strips off color as you go, leaving a weird double line. It is very hard to get a smooth, controlled line. The product is watery, without very good pigment (I pruchased the black). Large areas of it flaked off over the course of the day, and what was left was nearly impossible to remove! Only baby oil took it off, by which point both my eyes and my mood were pretty irritated. Would not purchase again.
Oh, how I so wanted to love this eyeliner. I'm a huge fan of Wet n Wild. I find that their products are kind of hit or miss, but that is true of most brands. I love Wet n Wild blush, eye shadow, nail polish and lipsticks and glosses. The quality is good and the price cannot be beat.
I'm not sure why I have never tried this eyeliner before. I guess it's because I have super oily skin and almost EVERYTHING smudges on my under eye area. I'm really happy with LíOreal Telescopic Waterproof liquid eyeliner (the one with the blue cap) so no complaints there. That stuff rocks my socks off. Its relativity cheap and it does not smear or smudge on my oily eye area. It only comes in black or brown but I only buy brown since the black is a little harsh for my pale coloring.
I was in CVS a couple of days ago and everything Wet n Wild was Buy-One-Get-One-Free. O.K...SCORE! I cannot pass up a sale like this one! I saw that this eyeliner comes in both black and brown. I bought brown since black is usually too harsh on me. I took it home and swiped in on my arm. I let it dry and then tried to smudge it with my finger. It stayed put! Yeah, good sign I thought. When I ran my arm under the sink to wash it off, it came off waaay to easily! Not a good sign for something that is supposed to be waterproof! Any Hoo...I wore it to work both today and yesterday and I did get some smudging under my eyes. Not a TON of smudging, but enough so I had to try to fix it during the day.
This is a no-go for me and my oily under eye area. Somebody else who has dry or combo skin might love this liner however.
The formula itself is thin and watery. The brown color that I purchased was not dark at all so I probably could have gotten the black and been happy with the color. This is not a liner that you could do dramatic eye looks with, but itís a good everyday liner to wear to work. I just wish it would have worked for me.