Wet 'n' Wild H2O Proof Liquid Eyeliner

2.8

Price: $

Price: $

C8-9 Isoparaffin, C11-12 Isoparaffin, Polysilicone-6, Isododecane, Trihydroxystearin, Glyceryl Caprylate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheral [+/-(MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR): Black 2/CI, Chromium Hydroxide Green/CI 77266, Iron Oxides/CI 77491,CI 77492, CI 77499, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891, Ultramarines/CI 77007] 1111

on 4/23/2013 2:18:00 PM

I have never had an eyeliner that sat so obediently on my eyelids without running or smudging! There was one day I was going through a rough patch with my boyfriend and I cried all day and then went to the gym to work out and ran four miles... after which I was a sweaty sweaty mess. NOT A SMUDGE. Esp now that it's getting warm it's nice having an eyeliner that will not run smear while you wipe the sweat off your face.

That said, it is a little difficult to clean off. I usually use Costco's Kirkland facial cleansing towelettes (WHICH I LOVE) as it has always removed hard-to-remove make up and is very gentle. However it did not work for this eyeliner. So what I do to remove all make up is: Use the towelette to wipe off all my foundation first. Then I dab some Neutrogena Oil-free Eye Makeup Remover onto the towelette and hold it over my eye for a few seconds before wiping. After a few rubs, should get it all off! If it doesn't though, vaseline or lotion seemed to do the trick. Another negative is that it feels a little sticky (you get used to it though).

All in all, even should you choose not use this product everyday I would recommend buying this product to keep in your makeup bag for those days you need a reliable eyeliner that you know will not budge :) For days you plan for amusement parks, pools, beach, clubbing, raves.... etc. It is pretty cheap after all. I would definitely repurchase.

on 4/18/2013 12:32:00 AM

I don't get why this got such a bad rating! And I also don't get why people are complaining that it doesn't come off easily..its a waterproof eyeliner, so its not meant to come off easily. If you want something that comes off easily then don't buy a waterproof formula eyeliner. For what its suppose to be, it does its job. It says its a waterproof eyeliner and oh boy its waterproof alright. The brush is a bit stiff but you get more control out of that.

on 4/9/2013 11:28:00 PM

pretty good eyeliner, even on my wrinkly eyelids. it looks better if you wait about 45 seconds, then smear it lightly with a brush to give a smoky look. I always use black, but this time tried the "Smoke" gray color and it was dark enough, even when smudged. The only thing I didn't like was the stiff brush; it's like a stick. I would have rather had a bristled brush, but what do you want for $2.00 on sale? Yep, I'd buy it again.

on 4/7/2013 8:26:00 PM

just got this product and I am actually very impressed! I needed a cheap eyeliner for a play I'm in and decided to get this one. Today I tried it out just to see how it worked and i really liked it. The applicator is stiff but I think it makes it easier to use! It will not budge AT ALL no matter what you do. I made a mistake and I used e.l.f's makeup remover pen and it came off. Overall it is a very nice eyeliner for the price!

I purchased this liquid liner a while back along with other WetnWild products, while I normally enjoy using WetnWild, this was one product I was not fond of.

The first thing I noticed when I went to apply this eyeliner was the brush applicator, it was so stiff and hard that it literally hurts to swipe it across my eyelids. Then, the formula itself stung a little on my skin after application.

The only good aspect about it would be the fact that it is definitely waterproof because it does not budge after you apply it and even when I try to remove it with a tissue it stays put. Which can cause a problem if you want to fix any mistakes you make. Setting time for this liner is extremely fast.

Other than that, I would never purchase this product again simply because it is just too hard to apply and formula isnt the best, even for the price.

on 3/25/2013 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm a big liquid liner wearer with giant but somewhat deep-set eyes. My liner sometimes wears off right in the outer corner, which drives me nuts. I thought that if I got one that was waterproof, it might fix that problem. With this, I got a whole new set of problems.
1st of all it's super sticky and stays sticky all day. It actually made it difficult to blink, because literally, it made my eyelid stick to the bone above my eye, somehow.
2nd, and worse, it transfers onto the bone above my eye. And it keeps transferring. It never stops. I kept rubbing it off and 5 minutes later, I would would have a big black streak up there again! I do not have oily lids, btw.
3rd it's impossible to wash off, even with eye makeup remover or vaseline.
Not even worth the $2.99 I paid for it.

on 3/25/2013 2:27:00 PM

First things first THIS THING DOESNT COME OFF!! If you mess it up good luck... Also the brush is horrible. Its more of like a lip gloss applicater, not a brush tipped/felt tipped which i find essential to the winged eyeliner look. would not buy again id rather retouch my eyeliner than deal with this stuff! doesnt even come off in the shower!

on 2/17/2013 6:42:00 PM

I got this for ~C$5 at Walmart. The first time I tired it, I didn't like it. But I gave it a second and even a third chance and it continues to let me down.
PROS:
-The formula is great, it will not smudge and is waterproof (which makes it kinda hard to get off, but not really a problem for me).
CONS:
-The applicator is extremely stiff which makes it really hard to apply
-It's hard to do thick lines since the applicator doesn't bend.
-I feel like it's dragging on my eye lids when i apply it, and we all know that's how you can get premature wrinkles!
-the worst of all, IT CLUMPS YOUR LASHES if you accidently get some on there. Since it's so hard to apply, I naturally need to spend more time applying it, and sometimes it just happens that the applicator will touch my lashes or if i only remembered to apply eyeliner after i already applied mascara. This would be a bigger issue for those who are fortunate enough to have naturally long curly lashes.

Definitely would not repurchase.

on 2/12/2013 6:02:00 PM

I just got this eyeliner the other day just to try out since its so cheap, and I actually really like it! The applicator is really stiff like others have stated, but it is really not too bad. The staying power is incredible. Had it on all day then wore it too the gym (sweated like crazy) and it still didnt budge. A+ will definitely repurchase.

on 1/26/2013 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is awwwfullll. As others have said, the applicator is really stiff and unforgiving, and it never quite dries down for me. It stays kind of gummy and transfers like crazy on my eyelids. Ew. Also, it's almost 5 bucks! I will spend the extra money on my favorite L'oreal liquid liner.