Wet 'n' Wild H2O Proof Liquid Eyeliner

2.8

Price: $

Price: $

C8-9 Isoparaffin, C11-12 Isoparaffin, Polysilicone-6, Isododecane, Trihydroxystearin, Glyceryl Caprylate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheral [+/-(MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR): Black 2/CI, Chromium Hydroxide Green/CI 77266, Iron Oxides/CI 77491,CI 77492, CI 77499, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891, Ultramarines/CI 77007] 1111

on 2/17/2013 6:42:00 PM

I got this for ~C$5 at Walmart. The first time I tired it, I didn't like it. But I gave it a second and even a third chance and it continues to let me down.
PROS:
-The formula is great, it will not smudge and is waterproof (which makes it kinda hard to get off, but not really a problem for me).
CONS:
-The applicator is extremely stiff which makes it really hard to apply
-It's hard to do thick lines since the applicator doesn't bend.
-I feel like it's dragging on my eye lids when i apply it, and we all know that's how you can get premature wrinkles!
-the worst of all, IT CLUMPS YOUR LASHES if you accidently get some on there. Since it's so hard to apply, I naturally need to spend more time applying it, and sometimes it just happens that the applicator will touch my lashes or if i only remembered to apply eyeliner after i already applied mascara. This would be a bigger issue for those who are fortunate enough to have naturally long curly lashes.

Definitely would not repurchase.

on 2/12/2013 6:02:00 PM

I just got this eyeliner the other day just to try out since its so cheap, and I actually really like it! The applicator is really stiff like others have stated, but it is really not too bad. The staying power is incredible. Had it on all day then wore it too the gym (sweated like crazy) and it still didnt budge. A+ will definitely repurchase.

on 1/26/2013 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is awwwfullll. As others have said, the applicator is really stiff and unforgiving, and it never quite dries down for me. It stays kind of gummy and transfers like crazy on my eyelids. Ew. Also, it's almost 5 bucks! I will spend the extra money on my favorite L'oreal liquid liner.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I have no problem with removing the eyeliner. I just use olive oil, leave it for 1-2 minutes then the liner'll go away. The staying power is terribly AWESOME, my hg right now.

on 1/21/2013 2:52:00 PM

This product is terrible. One, the applicator is spongy and stiff. Two, the product itself is watery and I can't get a nice black line. And I know it's waterproof, but no matter what cleanser I use, it won't come off. I have to scrub, and scrub, and scrub, and that irritates my eyes. The only good thing about this product is that it's cheap, but it was still a waste of money... Will I buy this again? No.

on 1/20/2013 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff sucks! What a disappointment. The applicator is rock hard and makes it almost impossible to draw a line. But worse than that it does not stay put. Was horrible. Within less than a half hour was smudging everywhere. Just awful!

on 1/6/2013 3:16:00 PM

Pros:
*Nice color. Great, more natural looking alternative to straight black. (I tried the black-brown color, for reference.)
*Dirt cheap.
*Applicator is great for creating thin lines, thick lines, or wings.

Cons:
*Watery texture, which makes the application quite streaky.
*It takes quite a few coats to result in the color that is pictured on the box.
*It gets all over my lashes in the process, which wouldn't be so bad if this liner didn't dry like super glue!
*Dries way too quickly, which makes it impossible to fix any mistakes (and get the crud off the tips of my lashes).
*It won't come off with my eye-makeup remover. I mean, yay for staying power, but I don't want it to be permanent. And what I can remove comes off in little flakes that in turn get stuck to my skin.

Would I repurchase? Not a chance.

on 1/5/2013 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I like the eyeliner, but it is so hard to get it off of my eyelids. I tried everything under the sun to get it off, but nothing seems to work well, and get off the entire eyeliners residue.

on 12/27/2012 12:38:00 PM

WORST waterproof eyeliner I've ever tried. I read the other reviews and I *wish* mine was remotely difficult to take off...my experience with it is like night/day! Within minutes of application it smudged (I thought maybe I just didn't let it dry enough) and continued to smear, transfer, rub off and smudge throughout the morning. It's 9:30am and my eyelids are raw from all the "clean up" I've had to do with a tissue :P Horrible. What a waste of $3 because this is going straight to the trash.

on 12/7/2012 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

For those bad reviews, of course it isn't easy to come off, it's waterproof. It comes right off with Vaseline, just take a shower after using the Vaseline. Any who:

This is a great product, it's DIRT CHEAP. I buy it for $2. I'm very picky when it comes to eyeliner. And I love love love it!
It's great for winged eyeliner.

Just don't buy it if you're a newby at eyeliner, because it dries quite fast, so if you mess up it'll take a while to take off.

I certainly recommend this.