December 22, 2014 | 1494 users online

Eyeliner - Wet 'n' Wild - H2O Proof Liquid Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by mollymare

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff sucks! What a disappointment. The applicator is rock hard and makes it almost impossible to draw a line. But worse than that it does not stay put. Was horrible. Within less than a half hour was smudging everywhere. Just awful!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by lashout88

Pros:
*Nice color. Great, more natural looking alternative to straight black. (I tried the black-brown color, for reference.)
*Dirt cheap.
*Applicator is great for creating thin lines, thick lines, or wings.

Cons:
*Watery texture, which makes the application quite streaky.
*It takes quite a few coats to result in the color that is pictured on the box.
*It gets all over my lashes in the process, which wouldn't be so bad if this liner didn't dry like super glue!
*Dries way too quickly, which makes it impossible to fix any mistakes (and get the crud off the tips of my lashes).
*It won't come off with my eye-makeup remover. I mean, yay for staying power, but I don't want it to be permanent. And what I can remove comes off in little flakes that in turn get stuck to my skin.

Would I repurchase? Not a chance.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Zituska

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the eyeliner, but it is so hard to get it off of my eyelids. I tried everything under the sun to get it off, but nothing seems to work well, and get off the entire eyeliners residue.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Judifruit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WORST waterproof eyeliner I've ever tried. I read the other reviews and I *wish* mine was remotely difficult to take off...my experience with it is like night/day! Within minutes of application it smudged (I thought maybe I just didn't let it dry enough) and continued to smear, transfer, rub off and smudge throughout the morning. It's 9:30am and my eyelids are raw from all the "clean up" I've had to do with a tissue :P Horrible. What a waste of $3 because this is going straight to the trash.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by ilikeninjas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

For those bad reviews, of course it isn't easy to come off, it's waterproof. It comes right off with Vaseline, just take a shower after using the Vaseline. Any who:

This is a great product, it's DIRT CHEAP. I buy it for $2. I'm very picky when it comes to eyeliner. And I love love love it!
It's great for winged eyeliner.

Just don't buy it if you're a newby at eyeliner, because it dries quite fast, so if you mess up it'll take a while to take off.

I certainly recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Ninjakitten14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

First this liner is like super glue, it doesn't want to come off!! Seriously, I put some on my hand and it didn't even chip for like 4 days of showering, dish washing, etc.. So if you need a liner that will last a month, then go for it. I must say that this got stuck in the roots of my lashes and I couldn't get it out for like a week.. This part really sucked. But overall it's pretty easy to work with and everything, and it will last forever. Lol

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by highschool101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner... I have a love/hate relationship with it! Like I love how it stays on and does not budge throughout my days. But I hate how it doesn't wanna come off at all when I need it to! The brush is okay. Well, it's decent. It's not too flexible, but it's not flexible enough. Will I buy it again? Probably when I'm on a budget unless I can find a better, cheaper, liquid eyeliner.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2012 1:13:00 AM More reviews by swethatelkar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I was torn between 3 and 4 and ended up rating it 3 for a couple of reasons. I am not crazy about the formula and the brush combo. I feel like the formula should be a little thicker for a felt tip to work. When I was using the brush it came with, I absolutely hated it as it was so hard to work with. I started using the brush that came with WnW mega liner and it works like a charm. It goes on smooth and lasts all day. I'm almost done with it but I'm such a cheapo that I want to use it up completely. I see clumps at the opening but I don't want to toss it yet. I cleaned the clumps with a Q-tip and it is much easy to work with it now. I will use up the one that I have but I will not be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by zookeepered

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I could've sworn I reviewed this ages ago, along with Urban Decay 24-7 Glide-On Eye Pencil and Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner, but I couldn't find it. Maybe I forgot to click submit? Anyway, here it is again.

Pros:

- This thing is basically a TATTOO in liquid form. I'm serious. I've worn this while training with my dragon boat team, which is basically rowing, but more Asian. As you can imagine there's a lot of water splashing on my face, mixing with my tears of exertion, and then further mixing with the oil on my lids because my skin type is lovely like that. This does not budge. AT. ALL.

- The finish (?). I put a question mark because not everybody has the same preferences. The finish is a little shiny, not completely matte. As if it's still a little wet all the time. So if it's taking forever for yours to dry, maybe that's just the finish.

- The price. It's like $3. What else can you get for $3 nowadays? Here in Toronto, it barely even buys you a trip on the subway.

Cons:

- Impossible to remove. The flip side of that awesome tattoo-like stay put quality is that tattoos are pretty damn hard to get rid of. I took mine off with Lancome's Bi-Facil Double Action Eye Makeup Remover, which most people will agree is a really good remover, and STILL I needed vigorous rubbing, which has never happened before.

- Consistency. It was fine at first, but after a few uses the liquid started to dry up and get thicker and thicker, to the point where a little sticky trail will connect the applicator tip and the rim of the bottle, sort of like mozzarella on pizza but much less pleasant, because it's really hard to line your eyes with what basically feels like coloured glue.

- Will make your eyes bald. I don't know about you guys, but my eyelashes are not in a perfect, neat little line. There's a few that have grown out above what you would call my proper lash line, and some naturally curl more than others. So when I line my eyes, inevitably a bit of the eyeliner liquid will touch my lashes. Normally this is fine. NOT WITH THIS EYELINER. The liquid will solidify into a droplet of solid mess hanging off my eyelash, sort of like when you accidentally leave a dollop of glue in your hair when using a hot glue gun. And then it will be IMPOSSIBLE to remove, unless you pull at the ball of solidified colour, at which point it will proceed to take your actual eyelash with it. For an Asian with sparse eyelashes to begin with, this is DEVASTATING.

- The applicator tip. Only the top 1/8 of the applicator actually bends. So the whole exercise feels like drawing on your skin by dipping a wooden stick in coloured glue, and then having to pull out any hair it touches.

I think that last con really sums up how I feel about this product. Really it's not meant for eyelining, or at least not the way I do it. But I still keep this in my makeup bag, and have actually purchased more colours since. Why, you ask? Well:

These make FANTASTIC HALLOWEEN drawing pens. The hair pulling and the tricky application don't matter as much when you're drawing ladybugs on your cheek as opposed to a fine line close to your eyelashes, and the staying power really gets to shine. I've always preferred to do my Halloween makeup with actual makeup if possible, as opposed to those cheap face paint palettes, because they are more breathable and designed for long-time wear, so I don't spend my entire night conscious of the fact that there's a layer of oily, toxic something covering my face that will probably break me out later. Draw that spider on your face/hand with this eyeliner instead of face paint, and watch it survive hand washings and chocolate rubbings and tears pouring and drinks spilling and whatever else you can think of to destroy it. Just be sure to use plenty of patience and makeup remover at the end of the night. It won't even cost you any more than those cheap face painting kits, what more can you ask for?

Bottom line, not good as a eyeliner, but that doesn't mean you need to toss it out. Make those $3 work!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Karowin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have bought this twice and would say overall it's a pretty good waterproof eyeliner. I buy it in ultra black, and usually find it works better over time because the liquid is too runny at first. It never leaves black marks underneath my eyes, and I use it on my waterline and to fill the spaces between my eyelashes. I don't really like the "felt tip" kind of brush, I find it doesn't apply as smooth and consistent, so I have to sometimes touch up a few areas before I'm ready to go.