November 27, 2014 | 949 users online

Powder - Make Up For Ever - Duo Mat Powder foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by glamglamglam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I was using this for about a week because I was under the delusion that I had super oily skin instead of relatively oily skin due to my primer. I switched from MAC Studio Fix over to this, and honestly preferred Studio Fix even though it broke me out. This was dry, powdery, made my pores look huge, etc. I've finally found my HG (so far) foundation in my life, Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation with the MUFE HD microfinishing powder on top (now THAT'S an amazing mattifying powder!), and it's flawless coverage without making me look like a cakey mess. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2012 12:12:00 AM More reviews by almondeyed1988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a lurker on MUA but I love this product so much that I had to review. I have combination/oily skin and have to deal with an extremely oily tzone on a everyday basis. I'm not into liquid foundations and strictly prefer powder formulas. I was using Clinique Perfectly Real Powder Foundation, (which is an awesome foundation, and I still use it at times) but I would get really oily on my tzone after 2.5 to 3 hours of wearing it and would get frustrated having to blot several times a day. I did research and found out about Duo Mat, and decided to give it a shot despite the price tag. The foundation gives a lovely flawless finish and keeps me matte for about 5.5 to 6 hours without blotting. For us oily girls that is truly a feat:). Even when I became oily, it was more of a sheen than a grease pit. My few gripes with the product is that they have a limited selection of darker shades. 214 matched me perfectly in the store, but at home its a tad bit red, and almost looks a little darker than my skin tone. Also for some strange reason I must have been extremely oily one day, because at the end of the day, my skin had a slight orange tint to it. I make sure to wear a primer whenever I wear it, and haven't had a problem since. The packaging is crappy, and they give little product for such an expensive amount (lost of a lippie). It is a full coverage foundation so make sure to have a light hand when brushing it on if you don't want an extremely made up face. I use a kabuki brush and after awhile, the color blends in perfectly with my skin tone and gives me a beautiful glow. It is expensive, but I have actually found a foundation that keeps me matte and flawless for a long period of time. Don't sleep on this ladies:).

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by natasha27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wish this worked for me. I put it on, it matched my skin perfectly and gave me this smooth, luminous glow.

Delighted, I vainly admired my lovely skin...but alas...pride goes before a fall. In about three days, the acne started. Big, red zits that hurt and left scars. Aghast, I hoped this was just a fluke reaction. Well, no. More zits. All I needed was some Pearl Jam, My So-Called Life and angst to feel like a teenager again.

I returned it, a humbler and wiser person.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by rinaaaaax3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My go-to foundation. I have oily skin so I'm not a big fan of liquid foundation sliding all over my face plus I don't see the point in an extra step if you need a powder anyways to set the liquid. If you're looking for something quick with full coverage this is for you. I usually don't have the patience to sit there in the morning and blend my makeup for hours so this is perfect. This foundation needs minimal effort and has me looking good and matte for hours. I really haven't experienced any of the breakouts that other people are complaining about so the only downside is that it's a bit pricey ($32) but that hasn't stopped me from repurchasing it last week.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by MoMartinez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been looking for a alternative to shiseido powdery foundation and I was recommenced duo mat from a friend. I purchased this in shade 201. I wear I20 in shiseido powdery (NC15/NC20). I reallly like Duo Mat. It gives me an overall matte finish without making my face too powdery or cakey. It has staying power - nothing amazing, but a lot better staying power than most powder foundations I have tried. My favorite part of the foundation is its coverge. It covers so well. It smooths my skin out and covers blemishes perfectly. It makes my skin look flawless. It does not accentuate pores. It is a little pricey, but I can get cover that because it does its job. If you're looking for something with coverage and a matte finish Duo Mat could be a good choice.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by korriemonster

This is a wonderful product but I am currently finding the price somewhat prohibitive. This makes my face look flawless. It doesn't do the best job of controlling oil for me but I have to blot occasionally no matter what I wear. I think it looks a little more natural and less "powdery" than Studio Fix. I have to point out though that this is currently $32 (in the U.S.) for 10 grams and StudioFix is $27 for 15 grams. It's almost twice the cost per gram. For now I'm using Studio Fix.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 9:12:00 AM More reviews by osculari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For years and years I stayed away from putting on foundations or makeup of any kind for fear that it will clog up my pores and make my acne-prone skin worse. However, lately my skin has started to look better, with only minor imperfections and discolorations, so I decided that a little light makeup wouldn’t hurt. After much research online, I finally opted for a powder foundation because I am pretty low maintenance and a powder compact seemed more convenient for me.

First of all, I am extremely impressed with this stuff. It matches my skintone perfectly. It looks very natural, with a semi-matte finish. It makes my skin look absolutely flawless without that heavy or cakey made-up look. I bought it online without prior swatching, and I think I was pretty lucky to get a colormatch which is perfect for my skin. I have since used it twice with the sponge included by sort of pressing the product into my skin instead of swiping it all over. I have oily and acne-prone skin, and this foundation does not break me out, but I also believe that good makeup removal products are essential to the prevention of breakouts and/or clogged pores. I figured if I was willing to pay so much for a makeup product, I would first have to invest in good makeup removal products too. I remove this with my Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil and Clarisonic and they both get everything off.

I have tested this out for 6 hours in Singapore’s humid climate, without any touch-ups and it looked great. After 3 to 4 hours I could see the oilies on my T-zone breaking through the makeup. However, it does not make me look like an oil-slick, instead it was a dewy kind of look. Overall, I am impressed with this foundation and would definitely repurchase if nothing else goes wrong.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by msekela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

this stuff is pretty awesome. it has the best coverage i have ever found in a powder. i have ultra oily skin, i have found powders that are helpful and work pretty well compared to most products, but this one is definitely the best. It controls oil, but isn't drying. not to mention the color selections actually match my skin (i have yellow undertones but am very pale in the winter and it is impossible to find anything thats not too pinky). actually, i wanna say this stuff matches my skin perfectly. definitely worth the money. not sure if you could make this function as a lighter more natural looking finish but I would imagine so since the coverage is definitely build able.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2012 2:56:00 AM More reviews by hrtbrkr78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This leaves skin with a nice matte finish but if you have dry patches of skin, you'll need to moisturize well or this will only highlight the problem areas. I apply mine with a large kabuki brush to get an even finish. It lasts 4 hours for me without touching up but I do use a primer for better adherence.

edit 11/13/12: I was matched wrongly to 203. I have found the 207 is a perfect match w/ the right amount of yellow. I am an NC 30-37 for ref. I match to my neck and forehead for a seamless look which is why I chose to go darker. 209 would be way too dark for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by noniboni

I bought this after wearing Bare Minerals for years. I am pretty oily so I found that Bare Minerals got too cakey and by the end of the day oxidized so it had an orange cast. I was looking for something that would absorb oil but not oxidize. This has a super silky texture and gives great coverage. I wear this over Laura Mercier oil-free tinted moisturize and it gives me a great natural look. It conceals redness but if you had major blemishes you will definitely need to add concealer.