Make Up For Ever Duo Mat Powder foundation Powder

3.9

Talc, Dimethicone, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aqua (Water), Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dicaprylyl Ether, Phenoxyethanol, Cassia Angustifolia Extract (Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide), Parfum (Fragrance), Gellan Gum, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Ethylparaben. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 3/9/2012 9:01:00 AM

I want to give this a good rating because I absolutely LOVED it. I was able to build the perfect amount of coverage with it & it made my skin look absolutely beautiful, I looked like I had no flaws at all. Unfortunately, it broke me out in huge cysts. Now, I break out very easily from a lot of products because I am that sensitively acne prone, but as I am reading other reviews I can see that it has broken many people out also. I did at first think it was just my skin that couldn't handle it, I guess I wasn't the only one.

***UPDATE*** I previously had to give this a bad rating because of the way it broken me out(though I loved it dearly) but I can now give it the 5 that it deserves! I found a way to wear it beautifully without it breaking me out and I am once again loving it! I've been using it to set my MUFE foundations that I have been loving & using milk of magnesia as a primer has also helped me to wear this without breaking out. I am now a very happy woman :)

on 3/1/2012 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Merde, another miss with powder foundation. I had such high hopes for this one, and although it didn't break me out like other ladies on here, it did make me shine like a disco ball. It goes on smooth and matte, but it won't be 2-3 hours before most of it has faded and I'm left with high shine. I even tried my industrial-strength mattifier (Shiseido Men) underneath, but nope, the oil still came through. Too bad, since shade 207 was sooo gorgeous on my skin, it made it look flawless. Too bad, I can't deal with the oily mess. I could cry.

on 2/26/2012 6:51:00 PM

=(
UGH. I tried this & LOVED it. Its the only make up that matched my skin perfectly,it stayed matte (pretty much-Im very oily and work in high humidity) & even after oilier broke through it didn't look bad but omg
IT BROKE ME OUT SO BAD.
Like right now every square in of my face is covered in little tiny zits. I changed everything to make sure it wasn't anything else but the zits are just getting worse :{ I will update after a week of not using this & let you know if its for sure the make up but I'm like 99% sure it is. I never get tiny zits like this unless I used a product that doesn't agree with my skin.. Super bummed.

on 2/25/2012 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was using this for about a week because I was under the delusion that I had super oily skin instead of relatively oily skin due to my primer. I switched from MAC Studio Fix over to this, and honestly preferred Studio Fix even though it broke me out. This was dry, powdery, made my pores look huge, etc. I've finally found my HG (so far) foundation in my life, Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation with the MUFE HD microfinishing powder on top (now THAT'S an amazing mattifying powder!), and it's flawless coverage without making me look like a cakey mess. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

I'm a lurker on MUA but I love this product so much that I had to review. I have combination/oily skin and have to deal with an extremely oily tzone on a everyday basis. I'm not into liquid foundations and strictly prefer powder formulas. I was using Clinique Perfectly Real Powder Foundation, (which is an awesome foundation, and I still use it at times) but I would get really oily on my tzone after 2.5 to 3 hours of wearing it and would get frustrated having to blot several times a day. I did research and found out about Duo Mat, and decided to give it a shot despite the price tag. The foundation gives a lovely flawless finish and keeps me matte for about 5.5 to 6 hours without blotting. For us oily girls that is truly a feat:). Even when I became oily, it was more of a sheen than a grease pit. My few gripes with the product is that they have a limited selection of darker shades. 214 matched me perfectly in the store, but at home its a tad bit red, and almost looks a little darker than my skin tone. Also for some strange reason I must have been extremely oily one day, because at the end of the day, my skin had a slight orange tint to it. I make sure to wear a primer whenever I wear it, and haven't had a problem since. The packaging is crappy, and they give little product for such an expensive amount (lost of a lippie). It is a full coverage foundation so make sure to have a light hand when brushing it on if you don't want an extremely made up face. I use a kabuki brush and after awhile, the color blends in perfectly with my skin tone and gives me a beautiful glow. It is expensive, but I have actually found a foundation that keeps me matte and flawless for a long period of time. Don't sleep on this ladies:).

on 2/21/2012 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I wish this worked for me. I put it on, it matched my skin perfectly and gave me this smooth, luminous glow.

Delighted, I vainly admired my lovely skin...but alas...pride goes before a fall. In about three days, the acne started. Big, red zits that hurt and left scars. Aghast, I hoped this was just a fluke reaction. Well, no. More zits. All I needed was some Pearl Jam, My So-Called Life and angst to feel like a teenager again.

I returned it, a humbler and wiser person.

on 2/13/2012 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

My go-to foundation. I have oily skin so I'm not a big fan of liquid foundation sliding all over my face plus I don't see the point in an extra step if you need a powder anyways to set the liquid. If you're looking for something quick with full coverage this is for you. I usually don't have the patience to sit there in the morning and blend my makeup for hours so this is perfect. This foundation needs minimal effort and has me looking good and matte for hours. I really haven't experienced any of the breakouts that other people are complaining about so the only downside is that it's a bit pricey ($32) but that hasn't stopped me from repurchasing it last week.

on 2/4/2012 7:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been looking for a alternative to shiseido powdery foundation and I was recommenced duo mat from a friend. I purchased this in shade 201. I wear I20 in shiseido powdery (NC15/NC20). I reallly like Duo Mat. It gives me an overall matte finish without making my face too powdery or cakey. It has staying power - nothing amazing, but a lot better staying power than most powder foundations I have tried. My favorite part of the foundation is its coverge. It covers so well. It smooths my skin out and covers blemishes perfectly. It makes my skin look flawless. It does not accentuate pores. It is a little pricey, but I can get cover that because it does its job. If you're looking for something with coverage and a matte finish Duo Mat could be a good choice.

This is a wonderful product but I am currently finding the price somewhat prohibitive. This makes my face look flawless. It doesn't do the best job of controlling oil for me but I have to blot occasionally no matter what I wear. I think it looks a little more natural and less "powdery" than Studio Fix. I have to point out though that this is currently $32 (in the U.S.) for 10 grams and StudioFix is $27 for 15 grams. It's almost twice the cost per gram. For now I'm using Studio Fix.

on 1/31/2012 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

For years and years I stayed away from putting on foundations or makeup of any kind for fear that it will clog up my pores and make my acne-prone skin worse. However, lately my skin has started to look better, with only minor imperfections and discolorations, so I decided that a little light makeup wouldn’t hurt. After much research online, I finally opted for a powder foundation because I am pretty low maintenance and a powder compact seemed more convenient for me.

First of all, I am extremely impressed with this stuff. It matches my skintone perfectly. It looks very natural, with a semi-matte finish. It makes my skin look absolutely flawless without that heavy or cakey made-up look. I bought it online without prior swatching, and I think I was pretty lucky to get a colormatch which is perfect for my skin. I have since used it twice with the sponge included by sort of pressing the product into my skin instead of swiping it all over. I have oily and acne-prone skin, and this foundation does not break me out, but I also believe that good makeup removal products are essential to the prevention of breakouts and/or clogged pores. I figured if I was willing to pay so much for a makeup product, I would first have to invest in good makeup removal products too. I remove this with my Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil and Clarisonic and they both get everything off.

I have tested this out for 6 hours in Singapore’s humid climate, without any touch-ups and it looked great. After 3 to 4 hours I could see the oilies on my T-zone breaking through the makeup. However, it does not make me look like an oil-slick, instead it was a dewy kind of look. Overall, I am impressed with this foundation and would definitely repurchase if nothing else goes wrong.