July 22, 2014 | 2461 users online

Powder - Make Up For Ever - Duo Mat Powder foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by rinaaaaax3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My go-to foundation. I have oily skin so I'm not a big fan of liquid foundation sliding all over my face plus I don't see the point in an extra step if you need a powder anyways to set the liquid. If you're looking for something quick with full coverage this is for you. I usually don't have the patience to sit there in the morning and blend my makeup for hours so this is perfect. This foundation needs minimal effort and has me looking good and matte for hours. I really haven't experienced any of the breakouts that other people are complaining about so the only downside is that it's a bit pricey ($32) but that hasn't stopped me from repurchasing it last week.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by MoMartinez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been looking for a alternative to shiseido powdery foundation and I was recommenced duo mat from a friend. I purchased this in shade 201. I wear I20 in shiseido powdery (NC15/NC20). I reallly like Duo Mat. It gives me an overall matte finish without making my face too powdery or cakey. It has staying power - nothing amazing, but a lot better staying power than most powder foundations I have tried. My favorite part of the foundation is its coverge. It covers so well. It smooths my skin out and covers blemishes perfectly. It makes my skin look flawless. It does not accentuate pores. It is a little pricey, but I can get cover that because it does its job. If you're looking for something with coverage and a matte finish Duo Mat could be a good choice.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by korriemonster

This is a wonderful product but I am currently finding the price somewhat prohibitive. This makes my face look flawless. It doesn't do the best job of controlling oil for me but I have to blot occasionally no matter what I wear. I think it looks a little more natural and less "powdery" than Studio Fix. I have to point out though that this is currently $32 (in the U.S.) for 10 grams and StudioFix is $27 for 15 grams. It's almost twice the cost per gram. For now I'm using Studio Fix.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 9:12:00 AM More reviews by osculari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For years and years I stayed away from putting on foundations or makeup of any kind for fear that it will clog up my pores and make my acne-prone skin worse. However, lately my skin has started to look better, with only minor imperfections and discolorations, so I decided that a little light makeup wouldn’t hurt. After much research online, I finally opted for a powder foundation because I am pretty low maintenance and a powder compact seemed more convenient for me.

First of all, I am extremely impressed with this stuff. It matches my skintone perfectly. It looks very natural, with a semi-matte finish. It makes my skin look absolutely flawless without that heavy or cakey made-up look. I bought it online without prior swatching, and I think I was pretty lucky to get a colormatch which is perfect for my skin. I have since used it twice with the sponge included by sort of pressing the product into my skin instead of swiping it all over. I have oily and acne-prone skin, and this foundation does not break me out, but I also believe that good makeup removal products are essential to the prevention of breakouts and/or clogged pores. I figured if I was willing to pay so much for a makeup product, I would first have to invest in good makeup removal products too. I remove this with my Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil and Clarisonic and they both get everything off.

I have tested this out for 6 hours in Singapore’s humid climate, without any touch-ups and it looked great. After 3 to 4 hours I could see the oilies on my T-zone breaking through the makeup. However, it does not make me look like an oil-slick, instead it was a dewy kind of look. Overall, I am impressed with this foundation and would definitely repurchase if nothing else goes wrong.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by msekela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

this stuff is pretty awesome. it has the best coverage i have ever found in a powder. i have ultra oily skin, i have found powders that are helpful and work pretty well compared to most products, but this one is definitely the best. It controls oil, but isn't drying. not to mention the color selections actually match my skin (i have yellow undertones but am very pale in the winter and it is impossible to find anything thats not too pinky). actually, i wanna say this stuff matches my skin perfectly. definitely worth the money. not sure if you could make this function as a lighter more natural looking finish but I would imagine so since the coverage is definitely build able.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2012 2:56:00 AM More reviews by hrtbrkr78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This leaves skin with a nice matte finish but if you have dry patches of skin, you'll need to moisturize well or this will only highlight the problem areas. I apply mine with a large kabuki brush to get an even finish. It lasts 4 hours for me without touching up but I do use a primer for better adherence.

edit 11/13/12: I was matched wrongly to 203. I have found the 207 is a perfect match w/ the right amount of yellow. I am an NC 30-37 for ref. I match to my neck and forehead for a seamless look which is why I chose to go darker. 209 would be way too dark for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 4:44:00 PM More reviews by noniboni

I bought this after wearing Bare Minerals for years. I am pretty oily so I found that Bare Minerals got too cakey and by the end of the day oxidized so it had an orange cast. I was looking for something that would absorb oil but not oxidize. This has a super silky texture and gives great coverage. I wear this over Laura Mercier oil-free tinted moisturize and it gives me a great natural look. It conceals redness but if you had major blemishes you will definitely need to add concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by tamineseoud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this foundation! I use MUFE Mat Velvet+ (HG for me) and on top of it I just apply a little amount of Duo Mat. They work really well together. I have acne-prone and oily skin and they are the best products that I've ever used! Sometimes when I don't feel like wearing too much make up I just use a concealer and a thin layer of Duo Mat. As I said, I don't use much product everyday, I bought it on late august/september 2011 and only this week (january) I started to see the silver color from the pan. I recommend it! By the way, I'm NW15 and I wear shade nº 200 and it works fine, great coverage!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Crivera313

omg I am so upset that I have to write this review. If It didn't make me break out in HUGE pimples i'd be in LOVE with this product. it provides flawless full coverage that lasts ALL day. HOWEVER I refused to believe this was breaking me out, however, this was not the case. I am so upset about this I was in love with this product but beware if you have acne prone skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by piquitofry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This made me break out soooo bad!! I did a lot of research while looking for a powder foundation and finally decided on this. The color choices are awesome, the coverage is amazing, and I wanted to love this foundation. Literally the next day I broke out with really big red zits all over my cheeks. I used it for about three weeks and nothing changed :( It felt really itchy too.