Dior Diorshow Black Out Mascara

3.5

Aqua (Water), Paraffin, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Acacia Senegal (Acacia Senegal Gum), Cera Alba (Beeswax), Hydroxyethyl-Cellulose, Glycerin, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium Cetyl Phenyl Ether Di Sulfonate, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. /- May Contain: Mica, CI 77491, 77492, 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens).

on 12/13/2011 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

ETA on 2/7/12: I still really, really love this mascara. It's still the best I've tried in terms of dramatically enhancing my lashes' length, volume, color, and curl. However, I'm reassigning it four stars rather than five. It's a quality product but it DOES get really thick and the formula can be difficult to work with. You have to apply this quickly and work FAST to play with it or remove any bit that accidentally gets on your skin. That's fine if I have time to do my mascara properly, however when I'm in a rush, I find myself skipping Blackout and reaching for something else instead. Also, I wish this left my lashes feeling a bit softer than it does. It doesn't make them crunchy like waterproof formulas, but I wish it kept them feeling super light and natural like Benefit Badgal, BE Flawless Definition Volumizing, and even several of Sephora Brand's offerings do.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love this. I think I was fated to have this mascara, lol. It's the BEST I've tried!

I went to Sephora a few weeks ago to finally, finally try Lancome Hypnose Drama. A very nice but frazzled SA located a tube for me and I didn't realize until I got home that she'd given me the Waterproof version of HD. I tried it, liked the look, but wound up returning it a few days later. I just couldn't get past the fact that it took me a huge amount of time to remove Hypnose Drama each night, and I kept losing eyelashes in the process. I also didn't like how it made my lashes look and feel so stiff.

I walked into Sephora and decided I'd try some false eyelashes. Another SA who I'd worked with a few months before was there. I've always loved her eye makeup and I commented on how gorgeous hers looked. I mentioned that I was interested in getting false lashes like hers, and remarked that I was "giving into the fact that there's no dramatic mascara out there that can do what falsies seem to do." I was shocked when she told me she was allergic to lash glue and was, instead, wearing "a great primer and DiorShow Blackout."

Naturally, I had to get my hands on some, ASAP. She applied Blackout to one eye and I was blown away by the effect: My lashes looked jet black and a mile long, and the outer lashes were perfectly curled. I'm already a brunette with decent eyelashes to begin with, but Blackout made my natural lashes look paler and much shorter and sparser in comparison!

I've been thrilled with Blackout and have worn it nearly every day since my purchase two weeks ago. With my old favorite, Bare Escentuals Flawless Definition Volumizing, I felt that I "had" to wear eyeliner with it to make my mascara look better. I also felt like I must need a better eyelash curler, and that mine isn't up to par. With Blackout, I:

- Never use a primer
- Never curl my lashes
- Sometimes skip eyeliner altogether, on the days I'm super rushed

And my eye makeup always looks AMAZING! I've received many compliments lately that my lashes are long, pretty, sexy, and dramatic. That's with a quick two coats of Blackout and nothing else but eyeshadow to boot! And when I do wear eyeliner, my mascara looks even more dramatic and pin-up like, which I adore. I cannot imagine what would happen if I invested in a good eyelash primer and eyelash curler; I suspect the results would be over the top and amazing. But what I love about Blackout is that even without those things, I still get a fabulously lush, long, striking look with minimal clumping and smudging that lasts all day long.

I really think I may have found my HG here. I would be open to trying Diorshow Iconic and maaaaybe Chantecaille's offerings. But after experimenting with Chanel, Lancome, Bare Escentuals, MAC, and several drugstore brands, Diorshow Blackout is hands down my favorite formula thus far. It does take a tad bit getting used to. I have large eyes, so I don't find the brush to be that huge, but the first two or three times I tried it, I wound up with a bit of smudginess. Once you practice, Blackout can go on very easily, and you will be stunned at how it transforms and finishes any eye makeup look from subtle to sultry.

on 12/8/2011 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I never wore mascara a lot, because I have blue eyes that are very sensitive and most products make my eyes red and teary. I had to try this after I saw my sister wearing it, and became obsessed. It stays on without smudging, and really brings together my look. I didn't find this mascara to really lengthen my lashes, but it does create a dramatic element to your eyes. It doesn't clump unless you do more than 2 coats. I highly recommend this product!

on 12/3/2011 1:45:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is my evening/ going out mascara. The brush is pretty gigantic, but surprisingly does not get too much mascara on the brush. I prefer natural bristle mascaras over plastic bristle applicators, this one is no exception. The color is super black, which is too severe for me during the day as I naturally have lighter lashes. However, party time comes around and out this baby comes! The packaging is light but pretty large- it takes up a lot of space in my bag pocket. When applying this, it's important to keep a eyelash comb or disposable mascara applicator around to comb through, as it tends to stick a few lashes together if you're not careful. But this is by no means a clumpy mascara, it just requires a little more care. I have bad reactions to covergirl mascaras but I am pleased to say no adverse reactions to this bad boy! The price for this has dropped I think, it's only 24$USD now and makes this a cheaper dior mascara at the moment.

on 11/18/2011 2:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is absolutely great mascara. No need fake lash as it give legnht and volum (3 times applied), last for whole day. It is difficult to clean but if you have a good eye remover so no worry. I love it

on 10/24/2011 7:21:00 AM

This is my mascara of choice. Love the big brush, it makes my lashes stand out, and the black black colour really defines my eyes.

Abosolutely the best mascara ever invented!!! I've bought it so many times over the past years, I've gone through probably 10 tubes of this!!! BUT at the same time I was curious to try all the new releases (Lancome Hypnose Drama, YSL faux cils, YSL singulier, Dior Iconic, Lancome Virtuose, Lancome Fatale, Lancome Hypnose, Lancome Hypnose precious cells, Benefit Bad Gal, Makeup Forever Smoky Lash, Estee Lauder Magnascopic, Estee Lauder Turbo Lash and so many more!) BUT NOTHING BEATS THIS OLDIE!!!

Yes, this is a little too expensive. But worth it. I use it all the time when I'm going out for dinner or a occasion or something, but not for everyday, no. It makes my lashes a lot bolder and blacker. Its an extreme-black mascara.DiorShow Black Out Mascara gives your lashes a little more oomph and a lot more drama. Intensified by ultra-black, kohl pigments, the formula glides on smoothly and draws each lash out to show-stopping lengths. Wear it alone, or layer it over DiorShow to glamour-eyes in an instant! By the way, packaging is excellent. I gave it 4 stars as its VERY, VERY expensive.

on 9/29/2011 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

like its counter part, Diorshow. it often dryes out to easily and creates clumping. in difference to its counter part, its is a shiny jet black where as diorshow is a matte soft black. this mascara does create a better wet look than most volumizing mascaras on the market, but it still dryes out before your done with it and at 24.50, i want every last drop.

on 9/18/2011 1:09:00 AM

I love this mascara. It is what I use for BOLD lashes. This makes my lashes look incredibly dark and voluminous. It is absolutely a beautiful product. I have purchased multiple tubes of this and I will definitely buy it again. Yes, it's expensive, but you get what you pay for.

on 9/10/2011 4:08:00 AM

Great mascara. Doesn't clump and layers very easily. My husband loves this mascara on me and noticed very easily when I switched. The brush also gives an even application.