April 21, 2014 | 895 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by kellykaz

I have some issues with hyperpigmentation and acne scarring and was looking for something to cover those issues, this foundation does just that.

It offers really good coverage, that's buildable and doesn't clog my pores. I apply it with a makeup wedge dampened with a light mist of thermal spring water. I find this method keeps the foundation looking the most natural and doesn't make it cakey. I use shade 15- opal and it seems to blend in quite well with my skin. I paid $30 for the 30ml tube which was quite expensive to me at first, but a little goes a long way with this foundation.

Now, onto the things that aren't so great;

I have super oily skin, even when using a primer and powder to set, it doesn't last as long as I would like and it transfers onto my shirts and phone if I'm not careful.

My skin is sometimes flaky and this seems to grab onto those areas and make them more noticeable.

With that said, I most likely will purchase this again when I run out. I have tried other foundations but I keep coming back to this one because I like the coverage and I think it looks the best on my skin of anything I've tried so far.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2012 10:03:00 AM More reviews by anamaria25

it is the worst foundation ever

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by FrankieVercammen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation for covering up blemished skin. I use no 25 Nude for my face and No 15 Opal on my neck and blend it well underneath the jawline. It gives me perfect coverage. The trick is to apply it with a brush. I also apply a small coat of Cicaplast (from La Roche-Posey) as a primer, and find that the Dermablend foundation sits really well on it. After 6-7 hours I might need a touch-up on the blemishes. It is a great product for a reasonable price. I will definitely buy it again, also if I would not need it anymore to cover blemishes, because it covers dark under-eye circles and any other discolorations very well, so it makes the need for a concealer creme / pencil obsolete.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by electroheart

This is my favourite foundation/concealer in one. I've used both the stick and the liquid, and really like them. I have acne-scarred, acne-prone skin and nothing has ever covered it like dermablend. I was so happy when I tried this for the first time that I thought I might cry, because I had resigned myself to heavy layers of concealer, foundation and powder for a lifetime. It will literally cover anything. I experimented covering my wrist tattoo, it worked!

A little goes a long way with this stuff, so to avoid looking like you're wearing a mask of foundation, build it up little by little. On good skin days, I used a light foundation or tinted moisturiser all over, and then use dermablend in Opal (lightest shade) or Nude (a little darker) on the problem areas. On bad skin days, I used it all over. When I get a little heavy handed with it (on REALLY bad skin days) it can look a little mask-like, and it doesn't seem to have any mattifying qualities at all.

It doesn't look cake-y, doesn't dry out and doesn't flake off. But it DOES rub off - on a lot of things - your phone, your top, your boyfriend's top, his face, anyone you meet and kiss on the cheek / hug, etc...I think using the translucent setting powder might solve this, but I have yet to try it.

For concentrated application to problem areas, I think that it might be best to use the stick foundation with a small brush. But if you have a faceful of problems like me, purchase both!

The biggest downside to this product is that the packaging is horrendously boring. I hope they glam it up a little soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 8:12:00 AM More reviews by Belle145

I absolutely adore this product. I have a couple of beauty spots on my face which I hate, they're a lot darker than the rest of my face and I could never find a product which provided enough coverage to cover them - until I purchased this foundation! It is absolutely amazing, once you put it onto the skin you really can't see anything underneath. I've never seen a product like this!

I use this foundation as a concealer over my spots because I'm not really into a full coverage look. I'm not really a fan of using it under my eyes because personally I prefer a lighter colour to brighten my under eye area but on my spots it's amazing. I dab a little on the back of my hand and then use the Real Techniques buffing brush to buff it onto my skin and it leaves it with the best finish, definitely second skin. I've tried to dab it on with my fingers like I would with normal concealers but it doesn't sit too great on the skin when applied like that, I think because it is supposed to be used as a foundation but the buffing motion works perfectly.

I'm NC37 and I use the shade 45 Gold and it is EXACTLY my skin tone. I'm not sure how long lasting it is to be honest, I find that it wears off after only a few hours or fades in colour but I'm pretty sure that's because I don't use a finishing powder. I'll purchase one and hopefully edit this review soon! I bought this from Boots for 15.50 which I think is a very good price considering I only use it as a concealer so hopefully it should last me at least a year.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 2:47:00 AM More reviews by ashhassim

Great coverage! Had to order it from america so worked out pretty expensive coz of the shipping fee. very drying so moisturise alot. looks flawless. i only use it as a concealor. or i'll mix it with my foundation for amazing full coverage. make sure the foundation is hydrating as it will look toooo dry if not. lasted me almost a year now. still quite alot of product left. going to try hard candy glamoflauge wen i run out to see if its a good substitute.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2012 3:21:00 AM More reviews by sarahjanegrau

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE this :D
Pros
-Great natural looking full coverage covers EVERYTHING. I have a birth mark on my face that's a few shades darker than my skin colour and acne but this covers everything without looking cakey and leaves a natural finish.
-Blends easily into the skin
-Dirt cheap!
-You get a good amount of product. I've had this since Jan and it's now the end of Aug, i use it every day and as far as i can tell i still have enough left to last a couple of months.
Cons:
-Packaging is opaque so you have to guess how much product you have left
-Lightest colour is still too dark for me (well, maybe 2 shades) and quite yellow/orange
-I find it can move around during the day and come off on your hands if you touch your face too much however a good setting powder or spray should fix this

Defiantly recommend this just not for NW/NC 15's like me haha

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Natinahat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

i love this stuff !!!! I use it with the powder and it lasts all day. I don't need foundation ! All I do is apply it to the imperfections on my face and powder :) So easy ! Oh and it feels really nice on my skin.
Recommend !!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by berrycurious

The lightest color, opal, is also too dark for me. It goes on too thick to spread easily. Caking is not terrible, but there is some and it accentutes the slight wrinkling beneath my eyes.
I got this because the other Vichy foundation, aquateint (?) was too thin and didn't cover enough. This covers too well.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by l8lackberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am giving this foundation 3 lippies only because it clogs my pores like nobody`s business. And I don`t mean break outs, but just blackheads all over my face. That sometimes lead to breakouts as well.
It feels like a vicious circle: I put this foundation on to cover all the problems on my skin, because it definitely has a wonderful coverage, but then I am getting even more problems. It`s like an addiction, but I can`t stop using it, because I want my face to look nearly perfect, and that is what I get from Vichy Dermablend.
Even though it says on the packaging "non-comedogenic"
I made sure on my own that it is false statement.

The bottom line of review: great foundation to use on occasion, i.e. go out or other kind of event, because it gives nice finish, great coverage and looks good in pictures (even though it has SPF it doesn`t make you look like corpse in photos), but for everyday use I would suggest to choose other foundation.