Burt's Bees Peach and Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub

3.0

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Grapeseed Oil, Stearic Acid (Vegetable Fat), Vegetable Glycerin, Peach Stone, Coconut Oil, Sodium Borate (Natural Borax), Fragrance, Willowbark Extract, Glucose (Sugar), Chamomile Extract, Goldenseal Extract, Hawaiian Ginger Extract, Bladderwrack Extract, Xanthan Gum (Natural Thickener), Sucrose Stearate (Sugar Emulsifier), Glucose Oxidase & Lactoperoxidase (Natural Preservative).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product isn't bad however I really don't think that it well enough as an exfoliator (since I only exfoliate once a week as opposed to daily). I ended up mixing a teeny bit of St. Ives peach scrub with this when I use it. The one very odd thing about this product is that it leaves a weird film all over your face. I don't thing it has been clogging my pores or anything but recently I've started using my regular cleaser after the scrub just as a precaution. Oh I actually love the way this scrub smells. I won't be purchasing this again because my other exfoliator was better and I want to try something new.

Smells incredible but did nothing for my somewhat oily skin aside from make it worse :( Will not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

When I purchased this I had originally been looking for their other facial scrub that comes in a glass jar. Could not find it so after reading the ingredients on the back of this one, decided to purchase. I think it was around $7? Don't quote me though.

I tried using this on my face but unfortunately after one use it caused cystic acne (though I'm prone to breakouts, so it may not do that to you if your skin is not as sensitive). I then tried this on my legs, to exfoliate before shaving. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU DON'T DO THIS.

It does leave a film, and in my experience there are two kinds of "films" that a product can leave on your skin. There's the good kind, that doesn't feel nice, but is only left over because it's meant to moisturize. And then there's the bad kind, that flakes after maybe an hour. This product falls under that last category. My razor was so clogged with junk after shaving only one side of one leg, that I had to change razors.

The "beads" are very large and few and far between. They are more like broken bits of something than they are round.

I would not recommend this product. It is very hard for me to give a Burt's Bee's product such a low rating, but this stuff is junk. Make a home made sugar scrub, it works far better and there's no risk of reaction.

I saw this product at my CVS and absolutely HAD to buy it. It's all natural and smelled light and flowery. Immediately after using this scrub my skin was super super soft and satiny which I loved. However, after using this product for about two weeks, my acne sprung out of control all over my face. So I stopped using this and went back to my old regimen. Recently, I started using Proactive (which is amazing, highly recommend) and the harsh chemicals made my skin burn and peel a lot. So I started using this scrub twice a week in place of the Proactive three step system and couldn't be happier with the results. This scrub exfoliates away all my flakiness and leaves my skin soft and moisturized. So I gave this product 4 lippies as it doesn't do much for clearing pimples. I would reccomend this scrub once or twice a week before you go to bed in place of your nightly regimen for AMAZING results

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

As much as I love Burt's Bees, I was disappointed with this face scrub. It feels nice when you are scrubbing your skin with it, but it leaves a greasy residue on my face. I always have to use another cleanser after this one to wash off the film it leaves behind. Maybe this would be okay for people with dry skin, but with my acne-prone skin I am afraid that I would breakout if I left the film on my skin. It smells nice and natural and does exfoliate, but I won't be buying this again.

This reminds me of the old Aapri Apricot Scrub. The exfoliating granules are way to large and abrasive. It is hard to rinse off. I have to use another cleanser to get it off, which is ok. Does not just rinse off. In my opinion, it's just not effective. Maybe as a cleansing cream minus the granules it would be a good makeup remover, but that's it.

Of course I love that it is natural, and appreciate Burts Bees sticking to their guns by staying natural. The fragrance is nice. At least the packaging keeps your fingers out.

It was used and now sits in my closet with my other disappointments.

I had an allergic reaction to this scrub. I looked online and I wasn't the only one. I broke out into small small bumps all over my face do to one time use of this product. So be careful! It took about two weeks for my face to fully recover. It might to harsh for the face if u have sensitive skin

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one product I have purchased that has actually been able to remove all of my makeup. I'm not sure if it really clears up pores because I have been using it for two weeks now and my pores are still visible. This product stops more gunk from getting into pores. The beads are tough but you can vary the amount of exfoliation you desire with pressure. There leaves a film that is grape seed oil which stops your face from getting dry. I love using this scrub because it helps hydrate my skin and smells of peaches, the most amazing aroma I have come across in a cleanser.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really like this scrub. The little particles are very hard indeed, which may irritate those with sensitive skin, but I don't find it at all harsh on my skin. It works better at removing makeup than the other scrubs I've used, and if I use an astringent or toner after this scrub, there is rarely any foundation left for them to remove. It does leave an odd film behind after use, which makes it seem that it is difficult to wash off. To me, it feels especially moisturizing, though, so I don't mind. It hasn't done anything for my blackheads and blemishes that puts it head-and-shoulders above other scrubs, but it doesn't contain any sulfates, which is something I do like about this product.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

surprisingly, my boyfriend told me to try this. im staying with him for now and we're in the middle of texas, soo hot weather and humidity. this morning was the first time i used to and i have to say, my face was soo smooth and almost perfectly moisturized after i had it all rinsed off and dried. my skin actually felt like all the dirt was easily scrubbed away. i did use a moisturizer after, but only because i wanted something with SPF in it because of the sun. i'm very pleased and will probably get some very soon.

**update: after using this for about a week, my skin is beautiful. more so than before. that greasy oily feel though seems as if it gets worse. so after I use this I use a gentle cleanser from Burt's Bees called Soap Bark and Chamomile. i know it's a hassle for a system sometimes, but the cleanser leaves my face very moisturized, super clean, and no greasy build-up from the scrub.