Burt's Bees Peach and Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Grapeseed Oil, Stearic Acid (Vegetable Fat), Vegetable Glycerin, Peach Stone, Coconut Oil, Sodium Borate (Natural Borax), Fragrance, Willowbark Extract, Glucose (Sugar), Chamomile Extract, Goldenseal Extract, Hawaiian Ginger Extract, Bladderwrack Extract, Xanthan Gum (Natural Thickener), Sucrose Stearate (Sugar Emulsifier), Glucose Oxidase & Lactoperoxidase (Natural Preservative).

I saw this product at my CVS and absolutely HAD to buy it. It's all natural and smelled light and flowery. Immediately after using this scrub my skin was super super soft and satiny which I loved. However, after using this product for about two weeks, my acne sprung out of control all over my face. So I stopped using this and went back to my old regimen. Recently, I started using Proactive (which is amazing, highly recommend) and the harsh chemicals made my skin burn and peel a lot. So I started using this scrub twice a week in place of the Proactive three step system and couldn't be happier with the results. This scrub exfoliates away all my flakiness and leaves my skin soft and moisturized. So I gave this product 4 lippies as it doesn't do much for clearing pimples. I would reccomend this scrub once or twice a week before you go to bed in place of your nightly regimen for AMAZING results

on 8/22/2009 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

As much as I love Burt's Bees, I was disappointed with this face scrub. It feels nice when you are scrubbing your skin with it, but it leaves a greasy residue on my face. I always have to use another cleanser after this one to wash off the film it leaves behind. Maybe this would be okay for people with dry skin, but with my acne-prone skin I am afraid that I would breakout if I left the film on my skin. It smells nice and natural and does exfoliate, but I won't be buying this again.

on 8/8/2009 7:30:00 AM

This reminds me of the old Aapri Apricot Scrub. The exfoliating granules are way to large and abrasive. It is hard to rinse off. I have to use another cleanser to get it off, which is ok. Does not just rinse off. In my opinion, it's just not effective. Maybe as a cleansing cream minus the granules it would be a good makeup remover, but that's it.

Of course I love that it is natural, and appreciate Burts Bees sticking to their guns by staying natural. The fragrance is nice. At least the packaging keeps your fingers out.

It was used and now sits in my closet with my other disappointments.

on 7/24/2009 10:32:00 AM

I had an allergic reaction to this scrub. I looked online and I wasn't the only one. I broke out into small small bumps all over my face do to one time use of this product. So be careful! It took about two weeks for my face to fully recover. It might to harsh for the face if u have sensitive skin

on 7/23/2009 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one product I have purchased that has actually been able to remove all of my makeup. I'm not sure if it really clears up pores because I have been using it for two weeks now and my pores are still visible. This product stops more gunk from getting into pores. The beads are tough but you can vary the amount of exfoliation you desire with pressure. There leaves a film that is grape seed oil which stops your face from getting dry. I love using this scrub because it helps hydrate my skin and smells of peaches, the most amazing aroma I have come across in a cleanser.

on 7/15/2009 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I really like this scrub. The little particles are very hard indeed, which may irritate those with sensitive skin, but I don't find it at all harsh on my skin. It works better at removing makeup than the other scrubs I've used, and if I use an astringent or toner after this scrub, there is rarely any foundation left for them to remove. It does leave an odd film behind after use, which makes it seem that it is difficult to wash off. To me, it feels especially moisturizing, though, so I don't mind. It hasn't done anything for my blackheads and blemishes that puts it head-and-shoulders above other scrubs, but it doesn't contain any sulfates, which is something I do like about this product.

on 7/13/2009 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

surprisingly, my boyfriend told me to try this. im staying with him for now and we're in the middle of texas, soo hot weather and humidity. this morning was the first time i used to and i have to say, my face was soo smooth and almost perfectly moisturized after i had it all rinsed off and dried. my skin actually felt like all the dirt was easily scrubbed away. i did use a moisturizer after, but only because i wanted something with SPF in it because of the sun. i'm very pleased and will probably get some very soon.

**update: after using this for about a week, my skin is beautiful. more so than before. that greasy oily feel though seems as if it gets worse. so after I use this I use a gentle cleanser from Burt's Bees called Soap Bark and Chamomile. i know it's a hassle for a system sometimes, but the cleanser leaves my face very moisturized, super clean, and no greasy build-up from the scrub.

on 6/27/2009 11:03:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

This is probably my favorite scrub ever. If you don't press too hard when massaging this into your skin, it isn't too harsh. I'm a redhead with very fair, sensitive skin and this has never bothered me. I love the way my skin feels afterwards. This does contain oil, but not all types of oil breaks out your skin. Some oils are very good for the skin, even for the acne prone. I never break out and never feel dry. It's my HG scrub.

on 6/17/2009 3:20:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I saw this product at the store and it had really good ingredients so I bought it thinking maybe it clears pimples. The ingredients seem to be like amazing, but when I used it, I didn't notice a difference with any pimples i'd get. However, it did make my skin very moisturized, dewy, and gave it a nice, warm glow. So yeah, if I was to use a scrub for pimples, i'd prolly use a different one, but if I was trying to find a product that will give me moisture, i'd use this. It does give amazing moisture-that it does- so yeah, I would definitely buy this again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I looove this scrub. I have sensitive, acne prone skin and this stuff leaves my skin glowing and soft. The "film" on it leaves on your skin is from the grapeseed oil, which is a light and moisturizing oil with many beneficial properties. It absorbs into the skin about 10 minutes after I use it and leaves the skin nicely moisturized. I would rather have this than have my face stripped of moisture like with some other scrubs. I find I don't even have to use moisturizer after I use this if I don't want to. The only reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because the peach pit granules can be harsh if you aren't careful. I like a scrub with jojoba beads better but I would (and have) repurchase this scrub.