Omega 3 supplement

4.1

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have been taking Omega 3 capsules, Walgreen brand for almost three years now. I have to say it has helped with my skin, my skin looks really good. Other than that, I haven't noticed any other benefits, I take it mostly for heart health benefits. I take two tablets two times a day.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

After hearing so much about the health benefits of Omega 3 and how it's supposed to also make your skin and nails better I purchased a bottle of the oil which tastes like lemon and thyme and DOES NOT give me any fish belches. I wasn't going to stand for that side effect. If you pay enough for the the product you can avoid this.

So only two weeks into taking a teaspoon a day (which is a whopping 40 calories that I don't need), I'm thinking, "yah, whatever, another waste of 26 dollars....I better finish this stuff". Well, in the next few days I noticed that my EXTREMELY dry eyes are actually comfortable. It's amazing not living with the constant irritation, scratchiness, and redness. I've tried all the lubricants and gels and had punctal plugs put in to keep moisture in my eyes. Nothing has worked as well as this. The whites of my eyes are way clearer. They're not permanently irritated anymore! That means EMU looks better!! Drinking all the water in the world has never done what this teaspoon of oil has. I don't like taking it and I don't like the calories but geez, my eyes look and feel soooooooo much better.

It's worth a try.....and you never know what benefits you may experience.

I didn't notice anything drastically different about my skin after taking the fish oil, but I did find that my hair was a lot smoother and manageable. It's pretty humid where I live, so my hair can get pretty frizzy, but it just tamed out totally.

Also, I have dry-combination skin, and I tend to peel a lot around the cheeks and mouth area but I still have an oily T-zone, but after taking the supplements regularly for about 2 weeks, my skin completely normalised. It didn't clear my acne though, but I'm still pretty happy with the results. :)

And also, it didn't do anything for my nails, but that's fine by me. :D

I've only been taking these for 3 days, but it has dried out my skin beyond recognition. Normally I have clear skin but since taking these painful, cystic pimples started forming on my cheeks and mouth area. Not only that but I've been getting these itchy rashes nearly everywhere on my body and there are dry flaking (painful when touched) patches on my face. From the look of some of these reviews these symptoms don't seem uncommon. Going to stop taking them and see what happens.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I take one of these pills each morning, and it strongly effects the rest of my day. I feel uplifted, and don't seem to get as irritable for small dilemmas. My skin is a bit better, but where ive noticed the most difference is in my hair, the oil has eliminated some split ends and those little dry dots. My nail beds are stronger, and my periods go by like any regular day. NOOO cramps as well, none. With all of this said, I am a strong believer in this product, every one should be taking these!

I took Fish Oil for about a year until I discovered Krill Oil! I switched because I hadn't noticed any difference in my overall health that fish oil claims to boost. Ive switched to Krill Oil (NKO is the brand..500 mg) and only been on it for a little over a month and I can definitely tell a difference! Usually my premenstrual mood swings are out of control but I breezed through my last period with no problems at all; I couldnt believe how fast it worked. This supposedly is because the structure of the EPA and DHA in krill oil makes them much more absorbable and allows for a much easier entrance into the mitochondria and the cellular nucleus.
Many studies Ive read have stated that krill oil is 48% more potent overall compared to fish oil. Ive also read that it provides excellent protection against ultravoilet light and UV-induced skin damage! What girl wouldnt want that?! In addition its supposed to lower cholesterol and blood sugar, and also reduce the aches and pains associated with arthritis or general body aches. However, Im in my early 20's so have yet to have to deal with that so I cant vouch for that area.
Overall I will say krill oil has made a great improvement on my skin, reduced my stress levels associated with PMS. Its only been a little over a month but I def plan on taking them for the long run.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have been taking Omega 3 fish oil supplements for over ten years particularly those highest in the DHA component. It has proved very beneficial for my scalp, skin, PMS and overall mood. I notice myself getting irritable when I have run out of these and haven't taken them for a week or so. They do work wonders to modulate your moods especially PMS.Another good reason to take them and to eat a diet high in Omega 3's is there is medical evidence it can ward off and delay Alzheimers and dementia. Your brain needs the DHA found in fish oil to function at its best, particularly as you age. The only thing it hasn't proved helpful for on its own is modifying my cholesterol numbers.

I have mixed feelings about this product. When I first started taking these the bottle said daily dosage of 2 capsules. I found that this made my skin too oily so I just took one. Fort the first six months of taking the fish oil my skin looked amazing, it was clear and shiny and it finally got "used to" the oil. Anyway after a few months I guess my body stop reacting to the supplements and my skin started breaking out again. Not sure if this correlates with the omega 3's but I assumed it had an effect on me in the beginning because it did clear up my skin.

I haven't seen any improvements in hair, eyesight, etc.

What can I say? I started taking these (Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega) about a year ago and within a few months my skin had cleared dramatically. Before these I'd tried what seemed like every face wash offered in the drugstore. Neutrogena, Clearasil, Clean and Clear, etc., and I was still breaking out on my face and body as much as I had when I hit puberty. I still get an occasional pimple here and there, but nothing like I used to. My face is as close to flawless as it's ever been, and I hardly break out at all anymore on my shoulders, chest and back. I recommend these for ANYONE who has acne problems. As for people who have had less-than-stellar experiences with them, I think the quality of the pills really does matter, so I'd recommend buying them at a health food store rather than a drugstore. They're more expensive but I think the omega levels and the quality of the oil itself is better.

Because of my diminishing eyesight, I am using a 10+ magnifying make up mirror for about 2 years. For all purposes this is a very useful tool which I highly recommend. The downside is that every pore and wrinkle jumps at you when you look into this kind of mirror. Lately I noticed a slight deshydration of the skin on my cheeks and I am trying some of the most recommended products... without much success as my 10+ mirror tells me. Since 3 weeks I am taking Omega 3 Fish Oil pills , 2 times a day 1 pill (I keep them in the fridge and never take the pills after drinking warm coffee to avoid the after taste). So far my skin seems to have improved, but I will keep you posted after a few months.

Popular Other Products