October 31, 2014 | 1457 users online

Other - Omega 3 supplement

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2008 3:58:00 AM More reviews by cuddlebuggy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't notice anything drastically different about my skin after taking the fish oil, but I did find that my hair was a lot smoother and manageable. It's pretty humid where I live, so my hair can get pretty frizzy, but it just tamed out totally.

Also, I have dry-combination skin, and I tend to peel a lot around the cheeks and mouth area but I still have an oily T-zone, but after taking the supplements regularly for about 2 weeks, my skin completely normalised. It didn't clear my acne though, but I'm still pretty happy with the results. :)

And also, it didn't do anything for my nails, but that's fine by me. :D

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2008 2:38:00 AM More reviews by babybabydoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've only been taking these for 3 days, but it has dried out my skin beyond recognition. Normally I have clear skin but since taking these painful, cystic pimples started forming on my cheeks and mouth area. Not only that but I've been getting these itchy rashes nearly everywhere on my body and there are dry flaking (painful when touched) patches on my face. From the look of some of these reviews these symptoms don't seem uncommon. Going to stop taking them and see what happens.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2008 9:51:00 AM More reviews by emma90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I take one of these pills each morning, and it strongly effects the rest of my day. I feel uplifted, and don't seem to get as irritable for small dilemmas. My skin is a bit better, but where ive noticed the most difference is in my hair, the oil has eliminated some split ends and those little dry dots. My nail beds are stronger, and my periods go by like any regular day. NOOO cramps as well, none. With all of this said, I am a strong believer in this product, every one should be taking these!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2008 10:46:00 AM More reviews by emyj

I took Fish Oil for about a year until I discovered Krill Oil! I switched because I hadn't noticed any difference in my overall health that fish oil claims to boost. Ive switched to Krill Oil (NKO is the brand..500 mg) and only been on it for a little over a month and I can definitely tell a difference! Usually my premenstrual mood swings are out of control but I breezed through my last period with no problems at all; I couldnt believe how fast it worked. This supposedly is because the structure of the EPA and DHA in krill oil makes them much more absorbable and allows for a much easier entrance into the mitochondria and the cellular nucleus.
Many studies Ive read have stated that krill oil is 48% more potent overall compared to fish oil. Ive also read that it provides excellent protection against ultravoilet light and UV-induced skin damage! What girl wouldnt want that?! In addition its supposed to lower cholesterol and blood sugar, and also reduce the aches and pains associated with arthritis or general body aches. However, Im in my early 20's so have yet to have to deal with that so I cant vouch for that area.
Overall I will say krill oil has made a great improvement on my skin, reduced my stress levels associated with PMS. Its only been a little over a month but I def plan on taking them for the long run.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2008 12:09:00 AM More reviews by shilohcalista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been taking Omega 3 fish oil supplements for over ten years particularly those highest in the DHA component. It has proved very beneficial for my scalp, skin, PMS and overall mood. I notice myself getting irritable when I have run out of these and haven't taken them for a week or so. They do work wonders to modulate your moods especially PMS.Another good reason to take them and to eat a diet high in Omega 3's is there is medical evidence it can ward off and delay Alzheimers and dementia. Your brain needs the DHA found in fish oil to function at its best, particularly as you age. The only thing it hasn't proved helpful for on its own is modifying my cholesterol numbers.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2008 12:42:00 AM More reviews by lovelymiss

I have mixed feelings about this product. When I first started taking these the bottle said daily dosage of 2 capsules. I found that this made my skin too oily so I just took one. Fort the first six months of taking the fish oil my skin looked amazing, it was clear and shiny and it finally got "used to" the oil. Anyway after a few months I guess my body stop reacting to the supplements and my skin started breaking out again. Not sure if this correlates with the omega 3's but I assumed it had an effect on me in the beginning because it did clear up my skin.

I haven't seen any improvements in hair, eyesight, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2008 11:30:00 PM More reviews by starisfading1013

What can I say? I started taking these (Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega) about a year ago and within a few months my skin had cleared dramatically. Before these I'd tried what seemed like every face wash offered in the drugstore. Neutrogena, Clearasil, Clean and Clear, etc., and I was still breaking out on my face and body as much as I had when I hit puberty. I still get an occasional pimple here and there, but nothing like I used to. My face is as close to flawless as it's ever been, and I hardly break out at all anymore on my shoulders, chest and back. I recommend these for ANYONE who has acne problems. As for people who have had less-than-stellar experiences with them, I think the quality of the pills really does matter, so I'd recommend buying them at a health food store rather than a drugstore. They're more expensive but I think the omega levels and the quality of the oil itself is better.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2008 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Rosita44

Because of my diminishing eyesight, I am using a 10+ magnifying make up mirror for about 2 years. For all purposes this is a very useful tool which I highly recommend. The downside is that every pore and wrinkle jumps at you when you look into this kind of mirror. Lately I noticed a slight deshydration of the skin on my cheeks and I am trying some of the most recommended products... without much success as my 10+ mirror tells me. Since 3 weeks I am taking Omega 3 Fish Oil pills , 2 times a day 1 pill (I keep them in the fridge and never take the pills after drinking warm coffee to avoid the after taste). So far my skin seems to have improved, but I will keep you posted after a few months.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2008 1:41:00 PM More reviews by thatmoody

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been on Omega 3 supplements for several years, and have seen a HUGE difference, not in my cholesterol levels (which are still borderline-high) but in my triglyceride levels. They've gone from 300 something down to 180, which made both me and my doctor very happy.

As for the skin/hair benefits, I haven't been off Omega 3's since I was a lot younger, so I can't tell if that's been affected or not. I also have rheumatoid arthritis, and I HAVE noticed a bit of an anti-inflammatory effect from the Omega 3's in that I've been able to lower my dosage of arthritis meds.

I am probably going to add the red rice/yeast extract to try to bump my cholesterol levels down next.

Overall, I'd say it's probably effective for certain specific conditions, but it's for sure not a cure-all.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2008 10:19:00 AM More reviews by thebigtrout

I have to agree with the last reviewer. I read all the glowing reviews and did the same. I've been taking Omega 3,6 & 9 for a long time and never got the results so many touted this provided. It didn't clear my skin, or improve my hair or help with wrinkles. Everything continued as it always has been despite me taking these religiously, so maybe it's the brand we're taking or perhaps as the last reviewer stated it has a placebo affect and we all see what we want to see. But, if it works for some and help clear you skin, improve your wrinkles etc... then maybe it's worth a try. I guess nothing works for everyone. I do not doubt that Omega 3's are good for your heart, so I still do take them, but I just don't take them to solve skin issues. Good luck!
UPDATE: I stopped taking these for many months, then decided to get a bottle of Nature Made Fish Oil pills. I've been taking 3 - 4 1200mg pills a day and the effect on my skin has been drastic. It's clearing and healing my skin, improving the tone and texture and my skin just generally looks much more hydrated and younger. Previouly I was taking some from Vitamin World that did nothing, so I don't recommend those. I also took Flax oil pills and they did nothing. Nature Made Fish Oil pills are the only one's that have produced this result for me, so I highly recommend that brand. I'm hooked.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No