July 28, 2014 | 1594 users online

Powder - mark - Powder Buff powder foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2008 9:47:00 PM More reviews by lisamims1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This turns color less than any other foundation I have ever tried, with the exception of Make Up For Ever. Unlike many of the other fifteen foundations I have tried in the last year, this is almost ridiculously cheap at $8.00 U.S. Although I agree with the reviewer above who said that this will make you break out, I tend to think it's more like this foundation lets me use Retin-A. => (This isn't drying, nor does it show flakies.)

Despite the occasional breakout from wearing this, it's pretty much HG status because it's not drying, doesn't show Retin-A flakies, stays color true, and won't break you out after a couple of days of wearing it and using Retin-A. (Theory about that: the mineral oil causes an initial purge. Wear it longer, and see what happens.)

The overall wear is very good: I have incredibly oily skin, and I can get away with only repowdering at lunch, and at 4:00 p.m. The basic wear is powdery, but very refined, because this foundation is very finely milled. The packaging is lightweight and compact; the sponge is very high quality. This is a much better foundation than many of the much more expensive brands that I have tried.

I wear this in the lightest shade, Ivory, which is an almost perfect match at the neckline. I have to agree with with the reviewer who said, "Everybody buy lots of this, so they won't discontinue it!"

Edit: After a month of this, my skin was also really unhappy. This has two issues: one, it causes whiteheads almost instantly (at first I thought it was just hormones, but it happens all the time, so I'm pretty sure it is the foundation); two, it causes breakouts in strange places, as a another reviewer said. I think you can't be allergic to the ingredients or it will cause breakouts. Other than that, this stuff is wonderful. It's the prettiest foundation I've ever tried.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2008 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I am a Mac NC 35, sometimes NW 25, depending on the season, with yellow undertone, I also use the Mark Speedway stick foundation in Natural. However, I find the Natural shade in the Powder Buff powder foundation too dark & yellow (the first product I find too yellow, lol). I exchanged for the Buff & is a good match, A matte look instead of the horrible "luminous" /shiny powder. I won't use it during the Canadian winter season. But worked great for me for the rest of the year. Instead of the sponge, I used a brush for application.
Note: Actually I find if the powder is too yellow, a stroke of blush will compensate afterwards ,on the contrary if the foundation is too pink or peachy, there's not much I can do . A standard package for powder foundation.Definitely will re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2008 7:24:00 PM More reviews by mellyrose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe how much I love this powder. I had been using MAC studio fix and switched to this (and am saving so much money). The application is a breeze and people actually tell me my skin looks flawless. I love it so much my staple of studio fix is up for swap. The only thing that keeps me from giving it 5 stars is it tends to accentuate dry areas when I have them. EDIT: I added a 5th lippie, the more foundations I try the more I realize how great this stuff is. The color I use is "nude"

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2008 3:05:00 PM More reviews by bene753

I got a color a shade too dark, the price was okay though

packaging was good, yet the formula was a little cakey

I might buy it again though! (in the fairest shade)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 7:38:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i love this powder foundation alone or over a liquid foundation. it gives medium to full matte coverage, and lasts nearly all day on my sometimes oily skin. compact and portable, and at a great price... only $8. i just ordered my second compact this week. shades are limited... only 8 right now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2007 9:29:00 PM More reviews by butterflyaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this! My skin looks flawless when I apply with my kabuki brush. My only complaint is that my face tends to get oily, but I just use blotting papers to take care of that.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2007 3:32:00 PM More reviews by RCB123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really tried to love this product as much as everyone else because you get a lot of product for your money, the packaging is good, and overall I really like Mark. However, this foundation just looks too 'powdery' on me whether I use the brush or sponge applicator. It just looks too cakey and I can see it sitting on my skin......not good. So, I have returned to my beloved Max Factor which, while the packaging could be improved, looks perfect on my skin and is undetectable which any good foundation should be.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2007 3:13:00 AM More reviews by akennedy54

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After reading the reviews on this product, let me just start by saying, I suppose everyone has their own "take" on what it means to rate products. I plan on rating this pressed powder against other pressed powders.
The coverage is light to medium, the color spectrum is limited but rather impressive in spite of this. I did have to order two products before I found the appropriate color for my tone (although I blame myself for the mishap, and mark refunded for the wrong color asap). I gather that is the risk of ordering without sampling. My feeling is the company redeems itself by offering a quality product for an utterly reasonable price. I've used/tried approximately 80% of drugstore brands, and this one knocks the rest of them out of the park by comparison. I am sure you can find a nice brand at the department store beauty counter, but for those of you who are looking for an impressive bargain, go for it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2007 10:34:00 PM More reviews by tmpr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Packaging: really pretty streamlined round compact. The powder is on the top and the sponge compartment is right under it (all you have to do is flip the powder up).

Color and blendibility: I got this powder in Honey, it is a medium deep yellow based hue. I am NC 35-40, and it melts right into the skin. It blends really well, and it lasts pretty long too. It doesn't do too well with the oilies, unfortunately, and it does transfer sometimes to anything I touch. It covers my acne scars really well, and I can layer the coverage--with a brush it goes on sheerly and with the sponge it goes on pretty strong.

Texture: really great finely milled powder. Since it is so finely milled, sometimes I use it as a concealer under my eyes because it really doesn't crease.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2007 12:23:00 PM More reviews by CaptainObvious

It's a decent product for a decent price. Not the best, but it does it's job. I don't have the same problems as the other reviewers, as I don't pack a lot of this product onto my face. I usually wear foundation, and then use this powder on top, but a very light amount. Because I use a liquid foundation underneath it sometimes can be a little greasy, so I use this over and my face looks perfect! mark is usually pretty good with their products. I find when I want to buy a powder, blush or anything else and don't want to spend money on overpriced products, I'll go for theirs because what you get is decent for the price you paid.