October 25, 2014 | 1690 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by yummigummies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

This product packaging looks budget and it is quite pricey but gives very nice finishing and natural-matt look after application. The tone for this product is also quite limited and it is only stated on the bottom of the product. I have fair, yellow/warm based skin tone and uses tone 30. It is a bit dark for me.

However I am not suitable for this product as it is too dry for me and my skin cracks after using. Highly recommended if you have oily skin. And stay away from this product if you have Normal - sensitive and dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Makeupbyamandam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my everyday foundation. I wear shade 35 though I am really between shades. But the 35 is perfect in the summer and I tend to dilute the color with a bit of my moisturizer or a lighter shade in the winter. I have tried MANY different foundations in many different price points and I always come back to this. I have oily skin and foundation tends to look greasy or slide off my face through out the day. I don't use a primer with it and it lasts all day with minimal shine. It really evens out my skin tone and the coverage has been unmatched for me. I find that I don't need to use as much concealer to cover blemishes and it doesn't cause my acne prone skin to break out. What I like about it is that you don't have to use a lot as a little goes a long way and I can get 6-8 months from a single bottle with daily use. It buffs flawlessly into my skin and looks picture perfect once it's set with a little powder. The packaging is great because you don't have to dip your finger in or pump it out. I just squeeze a little onto the back of my hand, dot it onto my face with my finger and buff it out with a beauty blender or stiff kabuki style brush. It stays hygienic and I feel I can get longer out of one bottle this way. The performance alone however, makes it worth the price for me. Especially since I need to replace it so infrequently. I am on my 4th bottle of this now and I will never use another now that I've got this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Kayyy45

Overall, I like this product. Good coverage, natural looking and good at controlling oil. The only thing is that since it's matte it kind of looks dry/flakey SOMETIMES. But if you blend it well it shouldn't be a problem. I like it a lot.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by AlbinoCharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have bought...and returned...this foundation 3 times now. I rarely bother returning anything, let alone making the mistake of buying it again. But with my problematic skin, I am desperate to find the perfect foundation. This was the last chance for MUFE Mat Velvet.

First things first, I am NC10. That's albino with warm undertones for all you newbies out there reading this. Finding a foundation shade match is never easy in my book, but MUFE didn't make any shades that even came close. 15 is too cool/pink...and dark. 20 looks like burnt mustard on my skin although it does have the warm undertone I need. I can deal with a foundation being a smidge too dark, but what I could not deal with was this nasty formula. MUFE Mat Velvet initially DOES go on matte, so matte that you're going to be tugging on your skin to apply it. However within 2 hours, it becomes greasy. This foundation settles into my every crater pore as it seperates from my nose...that's not a good look.

I have found better foundations at the drugstore. Clearly I've learned my lesson & won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by hotdg77

for the price this foundation is absolutely worth it, it feels and looks just like skin. Keeps me more matte than any foundation I've tried so far. It's best when applied with a beauty blender sponge or a flat top kabuki/buffing brush depending on the coverage you want. Love how the packaging is very travel friendly with the squeeze tube so the amount of product used can be controlled. Do not recommend for dry skin types but this is best for combination/oily skin types. Comes in a nice variety of shades. Will definitely repurchase, a little goes a long way with this foundation so it may last longer for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by AnythingVanilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The best foundation! Keeps oil at bay, lasts all day, looks natural and feels light but has full coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by mimiluau

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

First of all, as an NC 50, I got this in the wrong shade of #75 which was slightly too dark and MUCH too red. But that's not why I'm rating this poorly. When they advertise this foundation as Matte, they're not joking. This is Matte to the point of dry, dull, and fuzzy. Maybe this could be an excellent foundation for super oily skin but for my acne-prone, sensitive, dry-cheeked, oily-t-zoned face, this was a mess. Sure it was alright on my forehead, but it made the white heads on my nose stand out and all the down hairs and dry patches on my cheeks stand out. This was NOT a flattering for my skin at all. The thing is I've seen this on YouTubers and it looked awesome which is why I got it. But this does NOT work at all on me. I also found it really difficult to apply, this doesn't spread or blend easily.

Packaging wise, I can see how it would be difficult-impossible not to experience considerable product wastage especially given the style of bottle and the consistency of the product. I suspect this could be really lovely on maybe oily skin that's smooth and in really good shape but if your skin has hairs, acne bumps, large pores etc, this may not be for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2013 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Roxas1234530

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The packaging on this foundation is really nice. Simple but controllable. Also, if you are haveing trouble knowing what color you bought, the color number is the last 2 numbers of the number sequence on the bottom if the tube. Ok, on to the actual foundation. I think the colors are quite pinky, and I I couldn't find a good yellow tone to match my skin, the actual fformula is ok and did not break me out at all!! The thing is, is it didn't control oil too long on my nose which was a bummer, and later on in the day, it was completely obvious I was wearing makeup because it became real cakey and settled into lines and looked crusty... it was heavy, and didn't really look too natural either. I was dissapointed actually... I had really high hopes. My HG foundation now is the Urban Decay naked skin, I would recommend that foundation over this as it is also oil-free and demi-matte.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Christiebeebe1

Love Make Up Forevers Matte Velvet!

I have oily skin and have tried many foundations. This is the only one that has stayed! Now the company does not recommend a powder to go over it but I bought the HD Translucent powder and really love the soft effect it gives. I found out about this make up on Pinterest and of course was skeptical but was told at Ulta ( Ulta does not carry Make Up Forever) by a woman who used to work for the company that nothing else compares! WOW, was not expecting to hear that! Def give this product a try is you have oily skin!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Melisaaaaxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Tried this foundation about a year ago i was in the color No. 30 - Porcelain,repurchased it twice, very good foundation, i have oily and acne prone skin, this foundation not only covered all my blemishes but also stayed matt through out the whole day. Thinking of going back to this foundation again soon.