Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Corn Starch Modified, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Mica, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance), Cyclohexasiloxane, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491(Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

It's not as full coverage as I thought it would be. I'll switch back to Clinique's foundation.

I'm essentially a ghost with acne, and the lightest shade (15, I believe) works perfectly for me. Throughout the day, oil seems to peek through on my nose but it's nothing some powder can't fix. It's pretty pricey but worth it as I have a hard time finding foundations pale enough. I wouldn't reccomend this if you have dry skin. I will definitely be repurchasing.

I love the whole MU Forever line, especially their foundations, I like the Mat Velvet, it has def made my skin look like silk, on days where the weather is warm or humid this is my go=to foundation, I usually use the HD foundation on a regular basis.

on 2/16/2014 11:52:00 AM

Used it twice (bought yesterday): it has never been mat, neither when just applied: it is immediately shiny. I'm asking why it is called velvet mat? However when used with a fixing powder, the result is pleasant, good coverage (i have not acne) and teint. But how long does it last? Half an hour? For the sum that I paid, I'll keep on using it for a while on, and being doubtful that there exsist foundations that make your skin not shine. Previous to this, I used two compact foundations, shiseido pureness and mac fix - good result for the first hour, (although shine started to show since the first twenty minutes...) then seemed to be "eaten" by the sebum..I thought that a fluid would last more, but it's not the case. But why so many people appreciate it? Research goes on

on 2/8/2014 6:39:00 PM

I have an oily/combination skin, prone to breakouts specially on the chin area. I tried a lot of full coverage foundations, and the last one was Revlon color stay, which has broke me out real bad every time I used it. The MUFE Mat velvet plus feels like nothing on my skin, but it looks amazing. I have tried to put different amounts on my face and the best application is with the smallest amount. It does become cakey if I apply too much. It is not full coverage on me though. I do get shiny after a while, but I watched Lisa Eldridge talking about it being normal, even with the best foundations and powders to be oily after 4 hours or so.
So overall, I love this foundation and I would repurchase it again!

on 2/4/2014 8:22:00 AM

After reading so many positive reviews about this foundation, I finally went to Sephora and bought it. As far as coverage, this foundation is fantastic, very natural colors, no orange tint. I don't understand the packaging, why is there like no product in the bottle? Also I literally put this product on and ten minutes later, it has already creased at the sides of my mouth and it does not last very long, 5 hours tops. I'm a simple girl, easy to please but this foundation is horrible. I wouldn't buy this if you have oily-combination skin. I'll stick to my MAC foundations, those people really know what they're doing

on 1/31/2014 8:16:00 PM

i have a combimation skin i used the make yp forever hd foundation at first i noticed the it fades away after one hour i hated my face although its coverage was good but i had a very shiny face so i searched for something to control oils i found this in the site and read the reviews and tried it in store i like it alot i used to take #15 in mufe hd but #20 fits my skin in mat velvet i think it also a bit lighter than #20 in the other one
i loved this foundation from the first use
especially because it lasts all the day make my face looks perfect i use it with mufe mattifying loose powder they give me a great result ive no need to use a primer with it cause my skin is too oily to shine after putting this foundation
in cold days to prevent dryness i can put it with "mac storbe cream" it gives me a natural glow with this matte foundation
the coverage is medium if u have some acne but if u have a good skin the coverage will be perfect for you
and yes i will buy it again :)

on 1/30/2014 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have SUPER oily skin, and this is a godsend.
I apply this foundation with a damp beauty blender and it works like a dream.

I tend to also powder this foundation because i get super shiny throughout the day. I haven't had a problem or issue blending my contour, blush or concealer into it.
Just beautiful.

on 1/28/2014 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I really do not like this foundation. I was super excited to buy it & try it out but sadly disappointed after wearing it a few times. I have acne-prone, combo oily - dry skin. I was looking for a foundation that would keep me matte, give me coverage & last on my skin. It wore off onto my jacket & my fiance noticed, needless to say i was embarrassed as I wondered how many other people have noticed my jacket. Also, when applying it, it goes on pretty sheer. Its a light coverage foundation. It did not cover my acne at all, even when I tried to layer. I found it looked like I was noticably wearing foundation if I built it up. I would definitely not recommend this product to people with similar skin. I have a sample of Double Wear (which is quite a bit cheaper) but I find it is a lot better of a product.

on 1/27/2014 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this foundation. It keeps my oily skin matte. I also love that I found a good match to my skin tone. The smell is nice too.