Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Corn Starch Modified, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, Glycerin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Mica, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Propylene Carbonate, Propylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance), Cyclohexasiloxane, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491(Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 6/20/2014 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I love this foundation. I was using the Makeup Forever HD foundation, but in the summer my face gets really oily and the foundation didn't work anymore. I went to Sephora and I tried a couple of foundation, but the only one that really looked good on me was the mat velvet +. I have deep acne scars and some foundation tend to make them look worst, but not this one. My face doesn't get oily as fast as with the HD. It's full coverage, so it's great for acne scars. You can definitely wear this foundation for a complete day. I would recommend it to my friend.

on 6/18/2014 11:00:00 AM

I'm just starting to love make-up, but this isn't my first pricey foundation. My first was Laura Mercier, which I didn't like at all (that'd be a different review) because it didn't stay on my face as much as I wanted. My face is of the combination skin type, so I'll need something that would have some oil control.

Which is why I went for this. :)

PROS:
- Really good coverage! My sister noticed that "Hey, whatever she has on, it's covering up really nicely"
- Even though my face started to shine after 2-3 hours, it still somehow stayed on. No need to retouch
- Not thick on my face. I was told it might be heavy for me but I didn't think so. :)

CONS:
- A bit too pricey
- Face got a little shiny after about 3 hours. Then again, I'm in a tropical country.

I really like this foundation! But I think I'll go for the MUFE Face and Body Foundation next time, since it's said to be waterproof, which might be better for me.

on 6/9/2014 10:57:00 PM

I used to work at Sephora, and tried this after hearing about how amazing it was from my favorite makeup guru TiffanyD on youtube and from customers and a co worker. I was thoroughly underwhelmed. Yes, the product did mattify my skin, but it also made it dull (I'm 19, I shouldn't have dull skin) and made every imperfection obvious. For the price tag, I expected this to be a knockout, which it was not. Perhaps if you are super oily, this is a solution, but if you have moderate oil, I would suggest you look elsewhere, this is extreme.

on 6/8/2014 7:57:00 AM

I can not believe I have used for three summers in a row and have yet to review this! I have worn this in 88% humidity at 90 degrees, playing in a park with a bunch of second graders and it has held up pretty darn nice without breaking me out. I would not use this in the cooler months as I have normal to dry skin. But in the summer my t-zone can get oily & I get sweaty. I also mix this with my favorite SPF, Olay Complete Sensitive Skin for lighter coverage and easier application. It doesn't feel or look to heavy once it is on, but sometimes I think "why am I applying heavier foundation in the summer?" ( I use MAC F&B in the cooler months.)

Pros:
-Love the squeeze bottle and that it isn't open mouthed
-No SPF - this is a plus for me, I am senstive to SPF's and can only use my Olay.
-Good coverage
-Helps keep me matte

Cons
-Feels a touch heavier than I would prefer for summer which is when it works best for me.
-I can not use this in the cooler/drier months - but not really a con for me.

on 6/6/2014 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I keep on hearing about how great the makeup forever matte foundations were and decided to give it a try.
When i first bought it i loved it, it matched perfectly with my skin, I didn't feel oily
But when I started wearing it outside and to work thats a whole different story.
The foundation didn't get me the full coverage I was looking for and by hour 2 my face started melting and looking shiny and oily. Through you the day I kept on having to re apply and use powder and made be breakout even more and since it is a water based foundation it gets a shade darker (I wish i knew that before) overall I won't be buying it again

on 6/5/2014 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I don't really like this foundation, actually I don't think I'm a fan of MUFE foundations in general, although they have a nice color range. The coverage isn't good enough, I don't like the finish, it's looks dry on my skin. It creases in my laugh lines and doesn't control my oil at all. I'm sure it would be nice for someone but I won't ever repurchase.

on 5/26/2014 9:33:00 PM

I started using this foundation 10 years ago. The formula and packaging was changed about 7-8 years ago, i honestly, prefer the old version. I still like the new formula, but its not my go to.

on 5/24/2014 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation for my oily skin. It has amazing coverage and a wide range of shades. It stays matte basically all day. My only complaint is that the packaging isn't my favorite (I prefer a pump foundation) and the full coverage doesn't last all day. I need to do touch ups in 4-6 hours depending on the heat.

on 5/21/2014 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am very oily and this is my HG. ❤️ it truly helps keep me matte and stays on all day. Even though it is pricey it works best for me

on 5/21/2014 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Best foundation I've tried in awhile. It's very soft and light on your skin. Doesn't have a weird smell and is super full coverage.