Neutrogena 3-in-1 Concealer for Eyes

3.5

on 3/27/2010 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is good stuff. I admit I was skeptical because it is a drugstore concealer and I have not had good experiences with them before. I have used erase paste from Benefit for years and it is my HG!
I was out of town when I discovered I had left it behind and wasnt about to go purchase another one at $20 a pop. So I went to walgreens to see if I could find a quick replacement just for the time being. I picked this up after i remembered seeing a couple people use it on youtube. First of all...this is a multi use concealer, its like a concealer and eyecream in one! And it serves that purpose well. I was very impressed with the quality and staying power. It did crease just a bit but the term "Less is More" should always be a rule of thumb for eye concealer. A tiny bit blended well and set with a little powder will do the trick. I will definitely re purchase this when my benefit runs out, it is just worth it, and a huge price difference. The only thing I did notice is that the erase paste is better at covering darker areas, but thats the only difference I can see.

on 3/24/2010 9:41:00 PM

This concealer is great. I use the lightest shade and although it looks pretty pale just out of the tube it blends very easily and gives about medium coverage which is adequate for my dark circles. I love that it has spf 20 so i don't have to use extra sunscreen around my eyes. It seems good for sensitive eyes - i put it all around my eyes and it doesn't sting them or make them watery. I will purchase this again when i run out but there is so much of it i don't think that will happen for a long time.
Edit: i am taking 3 lippies off because this has started stinging me around my eyes. It has made the corners raw :(

on 3/20/2010 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this concealer! I have battled with dark circles my whole life. I use this product in a process. I start by using a soft yellow physician's formula corrector concealer under my eye to neutralize the vein color coming through. Then I apply this over the top. I love this because it is moisturizing and has SPF, it does not settle into any of my smile creases (I am 24 years old, so no fine lines yet), which leads me to think it would be great for those with fine lines and wrinkles. Because I use a very light shade, I then blend my foundation over the top of all that. It lasts all day when I set with aussie perk me up from everyday minerals. The shadow and darkness is all gone!

This product on its own probably does not cut it for severe dark circles, but is great to use over a corrector. If you don't have much for dark circles, this product is likely perfect for you to use alone.

on 3/17/2010 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I really like this concealer it doesn't totally cover up dark circles but it definitly brightnes up my eyes, which is important since I wear glasses daily. Another thing I like is that it is moisturizing so it doesn't dry out my underyes like other concealers do, I set it with powder so it doesn't crease and it will last me through a whole school day :) I will be repurchasing when I run out, but you only need so little that it will last you for a long time! :) I've had mine for over almost a year and it still has lots of product left

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Nothing special about this concealer, there are a million concealers that would work better than this.

on 3/15/2010 4:07:00 PM

This is a very good concealer! it is creamy, won't make my skin oily nor dry or flaky. I does not have super good covarage but it does the job!

on 3/11/2010 7:11:00 PM

I have just recently started looking for a new concealer and thought I would step out of my norm and try this one. It works well on hiding my dark circles but at the end of the day it makes my skin look like it has an orange tinge to it where i put the concealer. There wasn't a lot of choices with the colors so I don't know that I could try a diff color. Overall it does the trick if I am going to wear a foundation over it but if I want a light day, forget it.

on 2/26/2010 4:35:00 PM

As a concealer, it's terrible. Doesn't cover up my dark circles like I wanted, and the color choices are too limited. I'd rather not waste it, so I'm using it as an eye shadow base. Rather not buy again.

on 2/23/2010 7:45:00 PM

I love how this product feels under my eyes. I love the 3 in 1 concept , So I was hoping this would work better for me.. They didnt have many colors to chose from so it doesn't match my skin,,, And the coverage is not great for me. I do have very dark circles so its hard to find stuff that works for me... but It might work for others.

on 2/12/2010 9:38:00 PM

This is my favorite under eye concealer. I use it under my eyes and it covers my dark circles well, and I use it over my lid like a primer for my eyeshadow. I normally use just the concealer and no foundation and it blends nicely into my skin and you can't tell its there. It lasts all day and it doesn't cake or crease. And if i do put a powder on it goes well under or over it and still looks smooth and unnoticeable.
I tried using it with a concealer brush but found it worked better just putting a dot on my finger and patting it on.
The only thing I don't like about this product is the packaging. That's why I only gave it a 4. I feel like I'm wasting product and that drives me crazy because it's about $10. I wouldn't mind paying that much because I love the product, I just wish it was in a type of jar. You could always transfer it to a new container yourself though, that's what I plan on doing next time.
Overall, love this product and will buy again and again.