Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in Bourbon

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/26/2010 10:29:00 AM

I generally love Urban Decay pencils, especially the variety of colors. However, I have to say that the Bourbon color is not that distinctive as a basic brown and not different enough as a bronzy or other brownish color to go out of my way to buy again. There are a lot of more outstanding brown pencils/kohls out there, at least for eyes that are brown like mine.

on 12/23/2010 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This looks soft and has some glitter in it, but it's hard to apply since it "melts" when I glide it over my lid. Not for making fine lines, as I feel is the case with most UD 24/7 and MAC Pearlglides. The color is a bit boring. Just a decent dark warm brown with glitter. I can see how this is a staple for some girls, but it's not something I would ever use. Up for swap.

on 12/1/2010 8:09:00 PM

Okay, so I'm a glutton for punishment. I already bought and disliked Zero, but for some crazy reason, I thought Bourbon would fare better on me. Bourbon is a lovely shade of warm dark brown. No tugging, glides smoothly on the lashline, but no staying power. It melts off within half an hour. If I'm not wearing UD Primer Potion, it lasts even less. I should just stop trying to make the liners work for me. They have great colors, but they just don't last on me. Oh well!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A deep bronzey brown with tiny silver glitter and my HG brown eyeliner. The glitter is very subtle and not over the top at all. Perfect for a brown smokey eye. Brightens my brown eyes. No problems with smudging. Blends easily. Will repurchase for sure.

on 11/19/2010 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I haven't tried the "Whiskey" one but so far Bourbon is my all-time favorite UD 24-7. It compliments my dark hair & eyes. I've had no problems with it smudging & I've been using it several times a week for over a year. Personally, I'm thrilled with the touch of sparkle. It makes this liner stand out from the other million & one plain ole brown-ish liners. Really pleased with Bourbon!!

on 11/19/2010 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Great consistency - creamy and applies smoothly without skipping. Love the bronzey color, but could really do without the small pieces of silver glitter. The bottom line for me (and the reason I swapped it away) was that this eyeliner doesn't last through the morning for me. I bought this pencil after reading raves about it staying on the waterline, and it just doesn't for me. (Also tried swiping the waterline with a qtip before lining, no dice.)

on 11/19/2010 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'll give this an overall rating of 4 because of the texture - I like working with it. It goes on well on waterline and on lid - it's nice and soft without being sticky like MAC's pencils can be.

However, with Bourbon in particular I have been a bit irked by the glitter - I like the colour though, it's what I was looking for. But why are you sparkly?

on 11/11/2010 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Meh.

Yes it glides on easy, but it doesn't smudge well, staying power is great, but it's difficult to remove at the end of the day. It's difficult for me to draw a thin line. The color isn't impressive, I thought it was going to be brown, also It has glitter (why?) It applies easily to my upper waterline but is irritating to my eyes due to the glitter and the fact I wear contacts.

I know many people love the 24-7 line, but this just wasn't for me. I would give it to my daughter as she loves 24/7 in Zero, but she won't wear an eyeliner that isn't black.

on 10/22/2010 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

EDIT: I've decided it's too safe and ordinary. I took it back.
When I swatched this in Ulta yesterday, I thought, wow, what a pretty brown! After I purchased it and used it today, I was a bit off-put by the color, which is more bronze-y. I put on a little more than I usually do with eyeliner, and wow, it made my olive green eyes pop! I can't get away with nonsense colors at my age, and this is a safe go-to for every day, although Rockstar and MAC's Tarnish are also faves. Good wearability. I can understand that it smears on some gals, though. No complaints here!

on 9/26/2010 9:47:00 PM

This is perfect for daily use.I love that it's cream-y and glides on perfectly without breaking.I usually line my eyes with this liner and apply mascara for a everyday look.Very pretty on brown eyes and olive/tan skin but I can imagine this eye liner working well with many different eye and skin colors too.I'm pretty sad mines about a inch long now,,,looks like I need to pay Sephora a visit...lol

Top Rated Urban Decay Products