October 20, 2014 | 1418 users online

Highlighters - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 5:36:00 AM More reviews by xVegasx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I managed to finally buy this at my MAC counter the day before it went of sale and i am so glad that i did.I have slightly oily skin so i was a bit wary about trying this as its a shimmer but i am so pleased with it.some days i use it as a highliter on its own or before blusher and other days i use it all over to give me a glow.Mine did not have any veining at all but i dont care beacause i like it so much.
NC15,Blonde,Slightly oily skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by ManhattanMermaid

Mine has PLENTY of gorgeous marbeling! When you go to the MAC store or counter, ask the SA to pick out one that had a lot of marbeling for you, or ask to see a few and pick the one you like the best.

This is such a gorgeous highlight. I get what all the hyoe is about now. It's not glittery, it adds just a fine sheen. The color is light enough to highlight my NC25-30 skin without making me look too pale.

I'm glad I got one of these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by nekroze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Finally I have the legendary Lightscapade.I had heard the hype long after is was originally released and I wanted it so much that I actually thought of buying it from Evilbay.Luckily it is repromoted.I was kinda secretly hoping that it would be an another overrated product but great news: it is definetely not!
First of all,I have to mention that I really,truly love highlighters.my highlighter powder stash is a lot larger than my blushes and bronzers combined.and Lightscapade is one of the best things that joined to my lightful loves.
This MSF definetely lives up to the word "lighter".no shimmer,glitter,color,metallic/frostiness etc,just pure light! I think that may be the reason why some people do not like it.but I love my face to have a glow and radiance.I can always wear lip and eye make-up that stands out but when it comes to actual face products,less is always more.LS adds a beautiful light to skin,under sun light,really finely milled shimmer is visible but it mostly gives a light pearl effect.it doesn't look like you spend hours in front of the mirror.the effect is more like "you look pretty,did you dye your hair or something?" sort.it is really hard to go "way too much" with it.I layered it over and over to see how it may look like,the result is never shimmery or too white,layering gives you only more light:)
I have been using it on my cheeks,nose bone,brow bone,tear duck and for setting my eye concealer.it works perfect on concealer and doesnt emphasize the larger pores around my cheeks.MSFs generally last very long on my oily skin,so does LS.and luckily they don't give me breakouts.
I bought mine from the store and choosed the one with the most blue veins.considering the fact that how much I love it,I went back and got a backup, in case it won't be around for another 5 years.the second one I got looks really beige but I can't really see a difference between them when swatched.
As a girl who even finds Meteorites too glittery but likes to glow,this is absolutely cannot-live-without product for me.I am in true love

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2011 8:52:00 AM More reviews by LFZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A bit overrated. Gives a very subtle glow- I almost can't see it :D! It goes nicely over blush without altering the colour of the blush. It's nice- but I wish it had more of a metallic sheen. I wouldn't recommend paying an arm and a leg to get it...

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Smurfette123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

mine has some blue veining in it so i suppose i am lucky. its pretty but i think i like my too chic better. still imparts a white glow....a radiant casper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, so maybe Lightscapade isn't worth all the hype... especially since the new ones don't have that amazing veining like its previous.

When I first opened this up, I couldn't hide my disappointment. It wasn't really pretty and just looked very light and white. I put it away and looked at it again a few days later. I swatched it, and for some reason, I LOVED IT. The texture on this is smooth and creamy! It swatches on like butter. Despite being slightly tan, it did not look ghostly on me either. The shimmers in it are very very fine and are not chunky. It gives a beautiful glowy look, almost like Perfect Topping except I think it goes on smoother.

Will I buy again? I doubt it. Would I sell my kidney for it? Nope. Do I regret buying it? Not at all. It is a beautiful highlighter that is champagne, creamy white that looks wonderful when applied lightly. If you don't have this kind of highlighter, I suggest Lightscapade =]

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by ktamp

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm very happy with this. It is by far my favorite msf. I use it as suggested by other reviewers as an all over finishing powder with a little extra over the cheekbones with my 165. It adds a really nice glow that completes my look. I've never seen the first release IRL so I cannot comment on how it compares to the first. I have two and both have clear veining with all colors present but don't appear as chunky as pics I've seen of the first version. Now that I finally have it , I believe it is a back up worthy product but not worth over retail price.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2011 12:49:00 PM More reviews by kole9339

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I am disappointed that I spent $28 on this. I had to order mine online as there is not a MAC store/counter close to where I live. This arrived with no veining at all, just a solid champagne color. (I prefer TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer if I just want a solid champagne highlighter)

I decided to give it a try anyways as it has such great reviews by others, but this really doesn't show up on my NW15 skin. I had to layer it on and it still didn't show up much. Perhaps it would work better for someone with a darker skin tone than mine, or in the summer when mine is just a bit darker.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2011 7:23:00 AM More reviews by CrimsonSmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am dissapointed in this product- I wish I had bough metiorites intsead, It doesn't show up as a highlighter on my NW10 skin- its quite powdery and not very glowy. I will end up swapping this away or using as a face powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2011 9:28:00 AM More reviews by sarahanne40

I am a new convert to MAC (well within the last twelve months) and when I saw the temptalia review she mentions (in the write up at least) that this would be a sort after item. So did a bit of research and got caught up in the hype and decided that I had to have it. I got it yesterday (day of store release in Europe) and I must say that it is nice and pretty to look at. Its finely milled and not glittery / chunky like other MSFs can be. I havent seen Perfect Topping, so I cannot compare, but I do like this as an all over MSF rather than a highlight - it gives a real glow which will be nice going into winter. I like it and if I ran out I would probably buy again (if it ever re-surfaces).