August 20, 2014 | 1968 users online

Blush - MAC - Satin Blush - Well Dressed

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 1:06:00 AM More reviews by timothybcat

It makes me sad to write this review. This is my first MAC blush, and I researched so many swatches, read so many reviews, AND swatched it in a MAC store before asking for it for Christmas. I needed a nice, cool-toned baby pink with a dewy finish. Well-Dressed meets those criteria. However, there's just one problem: it has no pigmentation whatsoever. And I don't even mind that so much, but when I layer it, it becomes this very obvious chalky layer of powder. I'm NW20, for heaven's sake! How pale does one have to be for this to show? When it catches direct bright light, it's nice. So I suppose if I conducted all my affairs outdoors in Southern California (I live in the Midwest) it might work for me. Or maybe walk around with a battery-operated LED makeup mirror glaring in my face? Alas, that is not feasible. MAC, why for you hurt me so much?

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by breew0nderful

I really love the color, but on my fair skin (NC/NW 15) it doesn't show up as strong as I'd like. Beautiful color, but not for me I suppose!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by SkylarJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the only Mac blush I absolutely must have in my collection. I use this blush over top of pinkish-toned cream blushes to soften the edges and give a great rosy glow. On my lighter olive skin, it does show, and is buildable.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by dcabc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This went back - I have very fair skin and it hardly showed up. And when I packed it on, it got powdery.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by KatieFMakeup

I bought this after watching a tutourial in my local MAC store when they used it. For me when i used it on Boxing Night with all my self tanning on (nw25) it didn't really show up on my skin it was just giving my cheeks shine. Whereas at MAC the girl had quite pale skin and it looked lovely so this blush is for those with pale skin deffinately! still love this blush though will be using it once my tans gone <3

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by amberpetrsen77

I haven't been a mac user for long, i bought this because i wanted a blush that would be subtle but not over done. I have to say that I AM IN LOVE with this blush. It gives the effect that i want. a little bit goes a long way. I will be buying this product again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2011 3:55:00 AM More reviews by c00kiezryummy

This is my everyday blush. I am a light/medium skintone and I love how it isnt too much but is still very buildable. Been using this for a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 3:50:00 AM More reviews by pennywhistlepoem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my HD blush and I went through 3 pans already. It is sheer but not invisible; it does show on my NW20 skin. I am one for subtle make up and this is great on the days I just wear tinted moisturizer and mascara. Also looks great with black eye liner and bare lips. Love this blush!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by allthecolours

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I agree with those who say this is an extremely sheer blush, even for a sheertone formula! I'm an NC20 and I have to layer and pack Well Dressed on for it to have any effect. Once I have, it leaves a subtle light pink flush with silvery glimmers. Hardly noticeable unless I'm in direct sunlight. It does emphasize my pore size but anything with sparkles will! The bad side of having to layer this is that the sparkles can become too much and look a bit blotchy. It helps to blend it out with a big fluffy brush after applying though. Lasting power is rather good but it oxidises during the day and turns a weird dirty orangey colour. I will not be repurchasing as it barely shows up and for the price, why pay for something I can't even see?!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2011 3:17:00 AM More reviews by midnattsolz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

It comes out in cutie pink but it also suits my skin quite well even though I have kinda tanned. It emphasized my pore pretty much on my cheek so I somehow use it as highlighter.