October 26, 2014 | 1082 users online

Blush - MAC - Satin Blush - Well Dressed

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2012 8:03:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well dressed is a sheer light pink with a soft luminous blue shimmer. People compare this with "Pink Swoon", but they are completely different sides of pink. Pink Swoon is a Sheertone, very peachy, and I found it to be patchy. Well Dressed is a Satin, although quite a light and sheer one, and is a purplish pink.

I think it behaves more like a sheertone frost. One layer shows your skintone right through and is shimmery in a glowy way. But if you put on more layers it becomes quite frosty. The texture is chunkier than most Mac blushes - more than a layer and the frost highlights large pores, wrinkles and crepy skin. I like the color but I'm not in love with the coarse texture quality. Also, the most hard packed blush I've ever come across and I disliked having to rub my expensive blush brushes vigourously over the surface to pick up enough color.

If you are one of those people that find that Mac blushers all go orange on you, you may consider Well Dressed, especially if your skin is light. While it goes on a purplish pink in the morning, the blue in this just manages to hold it still looking pink rather than peach by end of the day. Another good thing about this shade is for layering over the top of other more pigmented blushes to add a special glowy sheen.

PS I wish MAC would come out with some truly pale and pigmented blushes. Sheertones don't count. I'd love a pigmented Pastel Baby Pink, Pastel Baby Lilac and a Pastel Baby Peach please MAC!! I have a serious lack of doll-like blushes in my collection with good coverage!!

EDIT:
I found Dame (satin) was a great replacement for Well Dressed. Dame is also a light cool-toned pink for a sweet dolly / baby doll glow and looks especially great on fair skin. Does not turn orange, has a natural glow rather than shimmer, doesn't highlight pores, and I found it easier to pick up enough pigment on the brush. Can be put on soft and barely there, or built up to quite a bright pink without caking.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

I bought this for my blush palette because i dont have a light pink and i was silly, i didnt try it on at the counter. i should have, then i wouldnt have bought it.
there is nothing wrong with it, its a mac blush. its pigmented and a great satiny finish - looks natural. the only problem i have is i dont like it on my NC35 skin colour. it looks way too pink and i dont find myself reaching for it often.
i am guessing it is more a night time colour to pack on and do creative things with, but in terms of an everyday blush, it is not (and i like all my blush colours to be able to be worn in the day and the night)
i like the finish, i like the colour, just not on me. i wont be repurchasing but not because it is a poor quality product. i am sure it is great on other people.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by MontanaSnowflake

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Beautiful color, thats for sure, however......its too light for even my fair skin and it turns out, I don't look very good in such colors.....I look far better in Cubic and Blushbaby. I didn't send it back, it makes a really nice eyeshadow. :-)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2012 1:06:00 AM More reviews by timothybcat

It makes me sad to write this review. This is my first MAC blush, and I researched so many swatches, read so many reviews, AND swatched it in a MAC store before asking for it for Christmas. I needed a nice, cool-toned baby pink with a dewy finish. Well-Dressed meets those criteria. However, there's just one problem: it has no pigmentation whatsoever. And I don't even mind that so much, but when I layer it, it becomes this very obvious chalky layer of powder. I'm NW20, for heaven's sake! How pale does one have to be for this to show? When it catches direct bright light, it's nice. So I suppose if I conducted all my affairs outdoors in Southern California (I live in the Midwest) it might work for me. Or maybe walk around with a battery-operated LED makeup mirror glaring in my face? Alas, that is not feasible. MAC, why for you hurt me so much?

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by breew0nderful

I really love the color, but on my fair skin (NC/NW 15) it doesn't show up as strong as I'd like. Beautiful color, but not for me I suppose!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by SkylarJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the only Mac blush I absolutely must have in my collection. I use this blush over top of pinkish-toned cream blushes to soften the edges and give a great rosy glow. On my lighter olive skin, it does show, and is buildable.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by dcabc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This went back - I have very fair skin and it hardly showed up. And when I packed it on, it got powdery.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by KatieFMakeup

I bought this after watching a tutourial in my local MAC store when they used it. For me when i used it on Boxing Night with all my self tanning on (nw25) it didn't really show up on my skin it was just giving my cheeks shine. Whereas at MAC the girl had quite pale skin and it looked lovely so this blush is for those with pale skin deffinately! still love this blush though will be using it once my tans gone <3

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by amberpetrsen77

I haven't been a mac user for long, i bought this because i wanted a blush that would be subtle but not over done. I have to say that I AM IN LOVE with this blush. It gives the effect that i want. a little bit goes a long way. I will be buying this product again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2011 3:55:00 AM More reviews by c00kiezryummy

This is my everyday blush. I am a light/medium skintone and I love how it isnt too much but is still very buildable. Been using this for a very long time.