September 19, 2014 | 1549 users online

Crème - MAC - Studio Tech

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am also very surprised at the super low ratings this product is getting here. I have a love-hate relationship with cream foundations. It is actually the form of foundation that I prefer, but it is very hard to find someone who does it right. I think that this is one formula that MAC really does succeed with. I am NC44 and when I use Studio Tech, I find the color is perfect for me. I can't say the same when I've tried/used NC44 in other MAC foundations. The only complaints I have about this foundation are: 1) it tends to transfer easily. If MAC could find a way to make it more durable, this would be the only foundation I'd wear and 2) I hit pan quicker on this than ANY other product I've ever used, and I tend to only wear foundation on the weekend, and not every weekend at that.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by bsampson09

I used to use Covergirl Aquasmooth foundation, so I figured this would be a great cream-to-powder alternative to try a more high-end product. In all, I HATE this foundation. My color options were either too yellow or too pink based and it definitely felt cakey on my skin. I applied it with the MAC 130 brush which actually made it look nice and air brushed on my skin, but because I have oily skin it never seemed to feel "powdery" on my face but rather sticky most of the day and I had to constantly reapply setting powder throughout the day. The packaging is nice, I like the compact with mirror aspect, regardless of the unhiegenic sponge applicator it comes with. This would probably be a great foundation for someone with dry skin, but if you have very oily, acne prone skin like me, stay away.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by beautyadvices

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

DISCLAIMER: I'm italian, sorry for my rusty English!

;-)

PROS:
Perfect packaging...I hate liquid foundations!
My faces is not "heavy".
I have rosacea: it covers a lot without using a concealer or a finish powder!!!
I bought a darker shade (for flawless summer nights) and it's not so bad!!!

CONS:
The price (and I'm not really sure that worths 34€!)
It transfers everywhere (sunglasses, telephone...)

No, I won't buy it again because I would like to try other MAC foundations!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2012 12:19:00 AM More reviews by ctat07

worst foundation ive tried :/ i could not for the life of me find a good way to apply this, tried everything! wet sponge, dry sponge, paddle brush, stippling brush, flat top kabuki , it all looked bad :( extenuated dryness , melted off my face in oily spots, about a half hour after application, thats with using blot powder as a setting powder. good coverage but looked very cakey no matter how applied

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by ennayrammm

I was told by my make-up artist that cream foundations would last longer than liquid ones so I went ahead and picked something from MAC that is cream. And the first one that I saw was Studio Tech. I love the packaging, and the way it goes on creamy and dries to a matte finish. It covers most of my blemishes and I don't apply concealer anymore when I use it. The only con is that, during the day, my face would itch a bit especially around the cheek area (since I am combination skin, my cheeks are dry). I got tiny bumps on my cheeks after I took the make-up off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by applecour

I had purchased this foundation before, and returned it before I even used it because I was so skeptical and was sure it would end up breaking me out.

Recently, I made a trip to MAC to purchase the mineral infused moisturizing gel, and got suckered into looking for a powder to blend my concealer in. The MUA suggested this because it's a cream to powder, and it's emollient based to help with my dry areas. She said it was really great for combo skin. She brushed it on and it didn't feel heavy or anything. It looked beautiful but didn't look too fake. I loved it!

She matched me up to NC20, and I took it home. Unfortunately, the color was too dark so I exchanged it for NC15 which is the color of my concealer. It's a spot on match and it looks so beautiful! Looks like I'm not even wearing makeup. I only have to touch up once at lunch time during the day from the normal t-zone oiliness.

It doesn't last all day and all night. It starts to look a little funky around 8:00 pm, but that's ok, because I should be washing it off then anyway.

Also, it hasn't caused any break outs (knock on wood) since I've started using it. I have actually noticed my cystic acne that I had on my chin reducing in the time that I've started using it. I also started using the Mineralize gel, so I'm not sure which product is helping specifically, but whatever it is, I love it!

Definitely recommend for those with combo skin that's sensitive or break out prone.

EDIT: I recently put this on with the sponge that it comes with over top of AMBI's fade cream for Oily Skin instead of the Mineralize Gel and a brush and it looks so much better! I found that you can take the sponge with a little product on it and press it onto areas where you need a little more coverage and it covers very well without looking too heavy or cakey. I'll continue to use this method. The foundation looks so much better over the fade cream than the Mineralize Gel. I may return the Gel and grab something else. Overall I defninitely recommend this foundation. L O V E

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Lanie805

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My skin is super sensitive and oily so I have to be very careful when trying new face make-up. I don't use this as my actual foundation (I prefer Revlon surprisingly) but I use the studio tech NW40 to contour my face. After applying regular foundation, and what I use as highlighter in certain areas, I put some of the NW40 on the sides of my nose to make it appear slimmer and along my jawline to make it more defined. I LOVE it. You have to be really careful when contouring because it can look like you didn't blend your colors well, but I find this looks natural in person, and works in photographs, too!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by EnchantedOne

I have used this product for awhile however, will not repurchase. The color is too light and the next color up is too dark. It is a cream that also sits in my pores. It doesn't look natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by DCarter23103

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I'm really surprised with the negative reviews of this product! I've had great luck with it and it's my "go to" foundation when I'm traveling (don't have to put it in that small ziplock bag!). I'm an NW20, so my skin is light. I always apply foundation after I moisturize and then apply primer so maybe that's why I have great results with it. I also use a foundation brush and you don't need very much of this foundation to provide a good, medium coverage. I find that a pan of Studio Tech lasts a really long time.

There are several really nice aspects of this foundation. First, it blends really well. Second, the cream to powder product provides a lovely, velvety finish. Third, it lasts throughout the day. I would recommend this product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I purchased this because I was looking for a good coverage foundation. This was heavy and thick, yet somewhat sheer, as you could always see redness and scars in pictures. If I'm going to have all my blemishes visible, I might as well not wear foundations, and if I'm going to wear heavy, cakey makeup, it might as well cover my blemishes! I have to say its very blendable - in fact it remained blendable the entire time, because no matter what powder I used to set it with, it still moved around and got smeared. And it transfers like crazy, but I find this to be the case with every MAC foundation/powder I have ever tried. Of course, you can't expect to go pull on a white turtleneck or something immediately after applying any foundation or powder, regardless of brand, and have it remain perfectly clean, but this product seems to have extra transferability. It's pretty expensive for how little you get.

I was mainly interested in this specific formulation because I really liked Cover Girl Aqua Smooth makeup, because it offered wonderful coverage of my acne at the time, and it dried to a finish. But I couldn't get a good color match with CG so I went to MAC.

Will not repurchase, do not recommend.