Burt's Bees Radiance Day Creme

3.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Sesame Seed Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Castor Oil, Stearic Acid (Vegetable Fat), Kaolin, Parfum, Glucose Sugar, Royal Jelly Powder, Wild Cherry Bark Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Pollen Extract, Comfrey Root Extract, Burdock Root Extract, Birch Bark Extract, Spearmint Extract, Natural Borax, Xanthan Gum, Orange Oil, Lemon Oil, Ylang Ylang Oil, Lecithin, Sucrose Stearate, Distearate, Glucose Oxidase, Lactoperoxidase

Iíve been addictively trying to find safer skin care and makeup product since last year. I did a lot of research on Skindeep and other sites. I like the fact that this product contains mostly natural ingredients. But after I put this on, I find it is very shinny and sticky on face (maybe that is why it claims that it is radiant?). The worst is that it makes my make up stayed on top and uneven. I think it is because it is sticky, specially on cheeks, then looks like the foundation gathered in that area. I am using EM mineral foundation, I donít know if it will be better when you use a liquid foundation. Iíll use this at night only just so that I do not waste my money.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really love this and have been using it for at least a year. It does not break out my very acne prone (though 33 year old) skin. Hurrah! Makes me wonder about all those chemicals in supposedly non-comedogenic products, and why they always cause problems for me. The couple of times I've strayed to try something new I have always come back.

I was using carrot day cream for years, just emptied the third jar. Got a bit bored with it and wanted to try radiance cream. I bought another carrot cream too just in case. If everything goes well I'll probably continue using both, switching them after the jar has finished.

I like the smell. It's lot more runny that carrot cream, sinks better and moisturizes well. My face really looks radiant and spotless today,
Smell lingered for the first hour, then it disappeared so it doesn't mix with my perfume, what's a good thing.
This cream a more expensive than carrot day cream, still not sure if it's worth it since I just started using it. So far so good. No cons.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

way too heavy and greasy for my liking. Cant question that it is moisturizing. My face looks like an oil slick

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is not an ideal cream for day time, even for skin as dry as mine (AHA, lactic). The heavy lavender/rose scent is embarassing for me as it can be lingering during the day. Even a thin layer will cause the foundation to slide & appeared uneven; and it takes at least 15 minutes or more for it to sink it., that is for those who has the time in the morning. Personally I don't find much difference between this and the night cream.

I love BB, but not this product. I bought this due to the "Radiance" name. Hey, who can't use a little more "Radiance", right? The smell was nice, but be warned this is highly fragranced, and that should have been a big red flag for someone like me with somewhat sensitive, fair, break-out prone skin. But it smelled pretty...and I wanted to be Radiant! After about a week of using this, I started noticing my skin felt "rough"...little bumps had developed on my skin that were only visible in certain light. Then the "bumps" grew larger. They were clogged pores. Even after ceasing to use the product, the little bumps stayed and it required a trip and a prescrip. to the derm's office and it took months to get my skin back to normal. I can't say for certain that it was this cream that caused it, but....I'm pretty sure. From now on - nothing highly fragranced will go on my face again.

After reading all of the comments and reviews I decided to buy it, I bought both the day and night cream. I really like this one, when you 1st put it on you think it's going to be runny but it hardens as you apply. I have what's called the T zone (oily forhead and chin/ dry cheeks) and though I dont suffer from acne (except when my period comes) I did developed redness around my nasal area (cheeks and around eyes) from the winter, plus I suffer from blackheads that if left untreated turn into zits, now I hate concealers and foundations (feels like cake to me) but the redness pushed me to wear them which only made it worst. Since I started using this cream the redness is gone, and so are the blackheads, my skin is even and radiant! so I only use a little blush and my reg eye make up which means no cake on my face :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I was loyal to this product when I got pregnant and wanted to watch what I put in and on my body.

I liked this product a lot. My tip is to keep it away from your eyebrows (as it kind of makes them feel waxy) and remember to put the lid on tight. Once it dries out, it's never the same.

I love the packaging because the jar is reusable for many projects.

I would use the day cream for the day and the night cream for the night. It feels different.

My feelings are really divided when it comes to this product.
I love that it's 98% natural, so I don't have to worry about overloading my skin with strange chemicals. It's also quite moisturizing without feeling too heavy, which makes it a good product for winter.
On the other hand, the cream doesn't absorb into the skin all that well and the leftover residue can cake up when I try to put on my liquid foundation. After reading some of the reviews on MUA, I've realized that a little goes a long way with this product, so I only use a small amount on my face. This has improved the absorption issue, but not fully. My makeup just doesn't go on as seamlessly as it does when I use other creams, and the staying power isn't the same. I also haven't noticed any improvement in my skin's tone and texture since I started using it a month ago.
I'll probably use this as my night cream from now on (or just try the actual night cream version), as the residue issue won't really matter in that case. However I won't re-use or re-purchase as a day cream.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have been struggling with acne since I turned 21 (that's 3 years ago now) and have been bouncing from moisturizer to moisturizer trying to find a fit. I usually just use jojoba oil on my skin since it doesn't make me breakout. Lately though, my skin has been drier and I've been noticing how crinkley my eye area was becoming when I smile or laugh. Now, it could be that I'm neurotic about wrinkles, but I decided to start using an anti-aging moisturizer. I came across the reviews for this stuff and quickly ordered it from Lucky Vitamin. I have been thrilled with it so far! My skin has not only become more moisturized and even-toned, but the acne on my chin area (ground zero for my outbreaks) has calmed down significantly. My skin looks so much more plump and even after I apply this. I have been using it in the mornings before I put on makeup and then in the evenings after I wash my face (with heavily diluted Dr. Bronner's Soap). I have been using it for about 2 weeks and am delighted with the results. A little bit goes a long way, this jar should last a long time. My gripe is with the heavy fragrance, I'm getting used to it but I just think it's too fake for a natural product. If I apply too much it does start to pill, so it's not meant to be slathered on. I'm so happy with this product and I will be looking at Burt's Bees eye creams to use since I'm so impressed with this stuff.