July 26, 2014 | 1717 users online

Moisturizers - Burt's Bees - Radiance Day Creme

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2009 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

This is not an ideal cream for day time, even for skin as dry as mine (AHA, lactic). The heavy lavender/rose scent is embarassing for me as it can be lingering during the day. Even a thin layer will cause the foundation to slide & appeared uneven; and it takes at least 15 minutes or more for it to sink it., that is for those who has the time in the morning. Personally I don't find much difference between this and the night cream.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2009 1:44:00 PM More reviews by croosah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love BB, but not this product. I bought this due to the "Radiance" name. Hey, who can't use a little more "Radiance", right? The smell was nice, but be warned this is highly fragranced, and that should have been a big red flag for someone like me with somewhat sensitive, fair, break-out prone skin. But it smelled pretty...and I wanted to be Radiant! After about a week of using this, I started noticing my skin felt "rough"...little bumps had developed on my skin that were only visible in certain light. Then the "bumps" grew larger. They were clogged pores. Even after ceasing to use the product, the little bumps stayed and it required a trip and a prescrip. to the derm's office and it took months to get my skin back to normal. I can't say for certain that it was this cream that caused it, but....I'm pretty sure. From now on - nothing highly fragranced will go on my face again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2009 10:57:00 PM More reviews by pelegrin18

After reading all of the comments and reviews I decided to buy it, I bought both the day and night cream. I really like this one, when you 1st put it on you think it's going to be runny but it hardens as you apply. I have what's called the T zone (oily forhead and chin/ dry cheeks) and though I dont suffer from acne (except when my period comes) I did developed redness around my nasal area (cheeks and around eyes) from the winter, plus I suffer from blackheads that if left untreated turn into zits, now I hate concealers and foundations (feels like cake to me) but the redness pushed me to wear them which only made it worst. Since I started using this cream the redness is gone, and so are the blackheads, my skin is even and radiant! so I only use a little blush and my reg eye make up which means no cake on my face :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2009 4:01:00 AM More reviews by CathFitz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was loyal to this product when I got pregnant and wanted to watch what I put in and on my body.

I liked this product a lot. My tip is to keep it away from your eyebrows (as it kind of makes them feel waxy) and remember to put the lid on tight. Once it dries out, it's never the same.

I love the packaging because the jar is reusable for many projects.

I would use the day cream for the day and the night cream for the night. It feels different.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2009 2:48:00 PM More reviews by igrancea

My feelings are really divided when it comes to this product.
I love that it's 98% natural, so I don't have to worry about overloading my skin with strange chemicals. It's also quite moisturizing without feeling too heavy, which makes it a good product for winter.
On the other hand, the cream doesn't absorb into the skin all that well and the leftover residue can cake up when I try to put on my liquid foundation. After reading some of the reviews on MUA, I've realized that a little goes a long way with this product, so I only use a small amount on my face. This has improved the absorption issue, but not fully. My makeup just doesn't go on as seamlessly as it does when I use other creams, and the staying power isn't the same. I also haven't noticed any improvement in my skin's tone and texture since I started using it a month ago.
I'll probably use this as my night cream from now on (or just try the actual night cream version), as the residue issue won't really matter in that case. However I won't re-use or re-purchase as a day cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2009 2:43:00 AM More reviews by LuckE3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have been struggling with acne since I turned 21 (that's 3 years ago now) and have been bouncing from moisturizer to moisturizer trying to find a fit. I usually just use jojoba oil on my skin since it doesn't make me breakout. Lately though, my skin has been drier and I've been noticing how crinkley my eye area was becoming when I smile or laugh. Now, it could be that I'm neurotic about wrinkles, but I decided to start using an anti-aging moisturizer. I came across the reviews for this stuff and quickly ordered it from Lucky Vitamin. I have been thrilled with it so far! My skin has not only become more moisturized and even-toned, but the acne on my chin area (ground zero for my outbreaks) has calmed down significantly. My skin looks so much more plump and even after I apply this. I have been using it in the mornings before I put on makeup and then in the evenings after I wash my face (with heavily diluted Dr. Bronner's Soap). I have been using it for about 2 weeks and am delighted with the results. A little bit goes a long way, this jar should last a long time. My gripe is with the heavy fragrance, I'm getting used to it but I just think it's too fake for a natural product. If I apply too much it does start to pill, so it's not meant to be slathered on. I'm so happy with this product and I will be looking at Burt's Bees eye creams to use since I'm so impressed with this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2009 7:13:00 AM More reviews by kariw87

UPDATE!
--------------------
I want to say I still use this product religiously, twice a day. In the morning after I wash, and at night after I wash. My breakouts have come to zero, thanks to being able to use SA face washes without drying out. It's been about two-three months now, and let me just say.. I'm still just as please as when I started. My tone is completely even, it's nice and dewey and just all around gorgeous. There's times where I get so tired, I just plop down and go to sleep, and in the morning when I don't use the moisturizer, I notice the difference. The uneven tone, the almost flat, dull look. I could honestly say, I couldn't live without this product! If you're a little hesitant to buy, based on the price... they have little samples at stores. It's a little box, comes with a sample of this creme, the face wash, hand lotion, a bunch of little stuff. All of that is CHEAPER than buying on bottle of this. They have a night one as well, so don't be afraid to take the plunge!

--------------------------------------------------------
First off, let me start by saying my skin is VERY acne-prone. Especially with moisturizers. I've bought tons and tons of moisturizers, that either weren't moisturizing, broke me out like crazy, or turned my face 6 different shades of red.

In an attempt to go more "natural", I looked up Burt's Bees products. I love Burt's Bees, every product I've tried.. and this is honestly no exception. Even on the days where I use a very harsh SA wash, that instantly pulls every ounce of moisture from my skin, this revives it. It smells wonderful, and lasts a long time. It even seems to help HEAL my "picked" spots! It moisturizes great, unbelievably great. No more tight feeling, no more flakes. I've gotten not one single pimple since using it, even during my hormonal period. I'm not sure if it's the moisturizer itself, so much as I was probably breaking out due to dryness and irritation.

My skin is so dewey and even toned after this moisturizer. Even just using it once. I seen results from day one, and have yet to see the results start fading. If you use too much, obviously it does leave your face slightly greasy for a while. But it doesn't so much look greasy, just feels it. A little powder makeup fixes that.

The price is a little steep at first, it's quite a price tag for a seemingly small moisturizer. But let me tell you, you need to use so LITTLE of it, that the jar is going to last for a while. After a month, I've hardly put a dent in it... while using it on my face and neck.

The jar is a screw top, so I use a little spatula that I wash right before I use with a SA face wash.

All in all, after a month of using this product 1x a day (usually at night, sometimes in the morning for special occasions/if I want to go makeup less, etc) this is my HG moisturizer. Without a doubt, the most important, result showing item in my routine.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2009 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Anya1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I didn't think this was all that moisturizing. I thought this would be super moisturizing but the flakes returning to the parts of my face that i effected by my excema tells me otherwise.
I so wanted to love this. I love the scent but it's just not enough for when my face gets all itchy.
I bought the beeswax moisturizing day creme and that seems to be doing the trick but too bad i couldn't find that at my local drugstore i found it at the gift shop at the hospital i was visiting after my brother's wife had their baby a few days ago.
Right now even though it's not totally what i want i would stil repurchase cus i love the smell and i am sure i could try to make it work somehow. I am sure i will update if this can't be made to work for me though.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2009 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Ania_Wang

I use both radiance day creme and radiance night creme. Just like radiance night creme, day cream has pearlescent color.
At first, I liked it, but now I am frustrated about this cream. I just dont like the texture and smell... and it seems like it clogges my pores....

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2009 11:55:00 PM More reviews by PinUpBlush

smell is too strong!!!! can't get past that! the consistency is watery and it doesn't moisturize very well, so i threw it away.

try the BB's beeswax moisturizing day cream instead, that's amazing!