MAC Fleshpot

3.8

Love this lipstick! Obviously, the packaging is adorable, but the product inside is just as amazing! I usually like bright pink lipgloss on me. I love the recent Barbie, Fafi, and Heatherette bright glosses, but I've been wanting to try a nude lip. First of all, I think all of the varying opinions on this and all nude lippies in general are based on skintone. I saw Carrie Underwood on some awards show and fell in love with her lip look. I thought it was THE perfect nude lip! I had to find out what it was. So, thanks to MUA, I found out she had on Nars Honolulu Honey and Nars Orgasm l/g. I immediately rushed out and bought both. Um, looked COMPLETELY different on Carrie than on me. One woman's nude is another woman's orangey peach! Both of thes are great colors, just not nudes on me. I'm nc20/25-ish and Fleshpot is a great nude on me. I'm pretty lazy when it comes to my lips, but I lined first with stripdown, then used fleshpot, then topped with bonus beat l/g from Heatherette. It looked sooo good! and it lasted through an afternoon of shopping without having to re-apply! IMO, when looking for a nude lip, you really have to find something that works for your skintone. Fleshpot is a good neutral nude, not too pink or too yellow, and not as "white" as myth. I probably would buy this if I ever ran out, definately my favorite nude so far.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

In the tube, gross concealor lipstick. On your lips with a liner (I love it with Whirl), pretty. Topped with a heatherette lipglass like Sock hop or Starlet kiss? Gorgeous!!!! I don't think that I "fell" for this lipstick until I wore it with sock hop on top. It's a great nude shade to have....a true creamy full coverage nude with no overly brown, peach or pink tones. If you love nude lipsticks, you should own Fleshpot. (NC40)
Editing: After wearing this lipstick more and more, I've decided that I love it! Since it's almost sold out everywhere in the Heatherette packaging, it's also available from Mac pro (it's a regular line pro lipstick). It's so gorgeous, I can't get over it! It's really pretty with glossy shades on top and you can use it to make any lipstick/gloss look more creamy/milky. I think it's my favorite nude lipstick. continued >>

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Fleshpot plus Starlet Kiss lipglass paired with some smokey eye just screams sex kitten! I absolutely adore the packaging.. so cute and girly :) If only the Heatherette line wasn't LE.. better stock up!

For everyone just putting fleshpot straight on your lips and not liking what they see, try it with a lipliner (stripdown, spice, subculture) and realize that this lipstick needs a gloss too. Try a brighter gloss over top rather than a nude gloss. You will see why people love this... :)

This lippie requires a lot of work to make it "you". By itself, or even with a liner, Fleshpot looks like hot mess concealor of death. Not nice. I have tried it paired with Sock Hop lipglass, though Starlet Kiss looked nice too. I tried it with clear lipglass and with saplicious lipgelee, neither of which helped fleshpot look less .... well.... fleshier. I like it, but wouldn't repurchase. I wouldn't even keep it if I didn't like the packaging. I thought I would hate the packaging but it's so tacky glam that I love it!
EDIT: ok I have been working with this. If you put Honey B liner all over your lips, then fleshpot, then a clear chapstick it looks completely beautiful and nude. Perfect. I'm NW20 or NC20 (yes I can rock both lol) for reference.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I looked at this color and thought, Well this might be to brown to nude to corpsey looking on my first thought... I tried it on.and bought it. I did not buy the Bonus Beat lipgloss with it because I do not think it truly suits it. Its a very nude color It was a little drying for me but as long as I use a lipbalm under it should be alright.

The color is perfect. It lasted on me. AND THE PACKAGING! I lovee itt! The pink is so cute and fun. all in all I would buy this again IF I ran out but I probabaly wont. So I will wear it everyday until its gone :)

Exactly what I was looking for. Much usable than lip erase (pro line) and less "pale" than Myth. Fleshpot is a color that either you hate it or love it...really depends on what look you are after. It's best to use with a nude gloss on top as well...used alone is too opaque and chalky.

Perfect color for strong eye make up.

This washes me out if applied too opaquely, but it gives the most beautiful nude look when applied blotted lightly on lips and topped off with a gloss. I have NC25ish skin with olive tones to my skin. I have both this lipstick and myth, and to tell you the truth, they are very similar. Myth is a tad bit more peachier, while Fleshpot has a touch of pink, but not a noticeable difference in my opinion (i even tried half fleshpot half myth on my lips to compare..not a noticeable diff). All in all, Fleshpot is great for lightening up lipsticks or using as a base color or with gloss. I might look for a more sheer nude in the future so I don't have to be as careful and precise when applying.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This makes you look like you have concealer on your lips. There are much better flesh-toned lipsticks out there.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Just saw this for the first time yesterday with the new Heatherette collection. March 2008. I heard it sucks, looks like concealer is is generally unflattering. I LOVED it! Try it with Stripdown lipliner
or Subculture lipliner with Starlett Kiss lipglass from Heatherette on top.
VERY VERY HOT. Super seductive sexy nude lip.
I have Myth and Brew and love those two,now I and adding that to the triage of hot nude lipsticks. Its a great nude, fabulous!

Recommended for Medium Skin