MAC Fleshpot

3.8

on 3/27/2008 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Fleshpot plus Starlet Kiss lipglass paired with some smokey eye just screams sex kitten! I absolutely adore the packaging.. so cute and girly :) If only the Heatherette line wasn't LE.. better stock up!

on 3/27/2008 2:04:00 AM

For everyone just putting fleshpot straight on your lips and not liking what they see, try it with a lipliner (stripdown, spice, subculture) and realize that this lipstick needs a gloss too. Try a brighter gloss over top rather than a nude gloss. You will see why people love this... :)

This lippie requires a lot of work to make it "you". By itself, or even with a liner, Fleshpot looks like hot mess concealor of death. Not nice. I have tried it paired with Sock Hop lipglass, though Starlet Kiss looked nice too. I tried it with clear lipglass and with saplicious lipgelee, neither of which helped fleshpot look less .... well.... fleshier. I like it, but wouldn't repurchase. I wouldn't even keep it if I didn't like the packaging. I thought I would hate the packaging but it's so tacky glam that I love it!
EDIT: ok I have been working with this. If you put Honey B liner all over your lips, then fleshpot, then a clear chapstick it looks completely beautiful and nude. Perfect. I'm NW20 or NC20 (yes I can rock both lol) for reference.

on 3/25/2008 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I looked at this color and thought, Well this might be to brown to nude to corpsey looking on my first thought... I tried it on.and bought it. I did not buy the Bonus Beat lipgloss with it because I do not think it truly suits it. Its a very nude color It was a little drying for me but as long as I use a lipbalm under it should be alright.

The color is perfect. It lasted on me. AND THE PACKAGING! I lovee itt! The pink is so cute and fun. all in all I would buy this again IF I ran out but I probabaly wont. So I will wear it everyday until its gone :)

on 3/24/2008 6:01:00 PM

Exactly what I was looking for. Much usable than lip erase (pro line) and less "pale" than Myth. Fleshpot is a color that either you hate it or love it...really depends on what look you are after. It's best to use with a nude gloss on top as well...used alone is too opaque and chalky.

Perfect color for strong eye make up.

on 3/23/2008 11:21:00 PM

This washes me out if applied too opaquely, but it gives the most beautiful nude look when applied blotted lightly on lips and topped off with a gloss. I have NC25ish skin with olive tones to my skin. I have both this lipstick and myth, and to tell you the truth, they are very similar. Myth is a tad bit more peachier, while Fleshpot has a touch of pink, but not a noticeable difference in my opinion (i even tried half fleshpot half myth on my lips to compare..not a noticeable diff). All in all, Fleshpot is great for lightening up lipsticks or using as a base color or with gloss. I might look for a more sheer nude in the future so I don't have to be as careful and precise when applying.

on 3/22/2008 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This makes you look like you have concealer on your lips. There are much better flesh-toned lipsticks out there.

on 3/21/2008 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Just saw this for the first time yesterday with the new Heatherette collection. March 2008. I heard it sucks, looks like concealer is is generally unflattering. I LOVED it! Try it with Stripdown lipliner
or Subculture lipliner with Starlett Kiss lipglass from Heatherette on top.
VERY VERY HOT. Super seductive sexy nude lip.
I have Myth and Brew and love those two,now I and adding that to the triage of hot nude lipsticks. Its a great nude, fabulous!

on 3/21/2008 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I tried this today and was in a hurry to get it off of my lips. This was by far the worst of the Heatherette lippies. It makes me look dead practically. I agree about it looking like wearing concealer on my lips. Putting Bonus Beat on top of it didn't help me at all. I think my lip coloring and/or skin coloring just can't carry this off at all. Like I have said before, the glosses of this collection are all very nice, but the lippies aren't. My ranking of the lippies of the collection are Hollywood Nights is best if I had to choose, then Lollipop Loving, and this and Fleshpot. I wouldn't want the last two in my collection if someone paid me to wear them though.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i bought this SOLELY for using it as a base for lipglosses.....coz lots of colors turn funny on my pigmented lips....by itself, its like concealer...i can never wear it on its own...but for a nice peachy nude that looks great on its own, get Peachstock! C3/C4, MMM w/ yellow undertones.

Popular Lipsticks