September 18, 2014 | 1977 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Fleshpot

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2008 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Melhadjis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I looked at this color and thought, Well this might be to brown to nude to corpsey looking on my first thought... I tried it on.and bought it. I did not buy the Bonus Beat lipgloss with it because I do not think it truly suits it. Its a very nude color It was a little drying for me but as long as I use a lipbalm under it should be alright.

The color is perfect. It lasted on me. AND THE PACKAGING! I lovee itt! The pink is so cute and fun. all in all I would buy this again IF I ran out but I probabaly wont. So I will wear it everyday until its gone :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2008 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Green_Tea

Exactly what I was looking for. Much usable than lip erase (pro line) and less "pale" than Myth. Fleshpot is a color that either you hate it or love it...really depends on what look you are after. It's best to use with a nude gloss on top as well...used alone is too opaque and chalky.

Perfect color for strong eye make up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2008 11:21:00 PM More reviews by kiss4u

This washes me out if applied too opaquely, but it gives the most beautiful nude look when applied blotted lightly on lips and topped off with a gloss. I have NC25ish skin with olive tones to my skin. I have both this lipstick and myth, and to tell you the truth, they are very similar. Myth is a tad bit more peachier, while Fleshpot has a touch of pink, but not a noticeable difference in my opinion (i even tried half fleshpot half myth on my lips to compare..not a noticeable diff). All in all, Fleshpot is great for lightening up lipsticks or using as a base color or with gloss. I might look for a more sheer nude in the future so I don't have to be as careful and precise when applying.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2008 4:11:00 PM More reviews by lnd12347

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This makes you look like you have concealer on your lips. There are much better flesh-toned lipsticks out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2008 10:12:00 PM More reviews by EmbalmerBabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Just saw this for the first time yesterday with the new Heatherette collection. March 2008. I heard it sucks, looks like concealer is is generally unflattering. I LOVED it! Try it with Stripdown lipliner
or Subculture lipliner with Starlett Kiss lipglass from Heatherette on top.
VERY VERY HOT. Super seductive sexy nude lip.
I have Myth and Brew and love those two,now I and adding that to the triage of hot nude lipsticks. Its a great nude, fabulous!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2008 9:10:00 PM More reviews by paula3boys

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this today and was in a hurry to get it off of my lips. This was by far the worst of the Heatherette lippies. It makes me look dead practically. I agree about it looking like wearing concealer on my lips. Putting Bonus Beat on top of it didn't help me at all. I think my lip coloring and/or skin coloring just can't carry this off at all. Like I have said before, the glosses of this collection are all very nice, but the lippies aren't. My ranking of the lippies of the collection are Hollywood Nights is best if I had to choose, then Lollipop Loving, and this and Fleshpot. I wouldn't want the last two in my collection if someone paid me to wear them though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2008 3:21:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

i bought this SOLELY for using it as a base for lipglosses.....coz lots of colors turn funny on my pigmented lips....by itself, its like concealer...i can never wear it on its own...but for a nice peachy nude that looks great on its own, get Peachstock! C3/C4, MMM w/ yellow undertones.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2008 3:50:00 AM More reviews by frankenstain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I looooove nude beige lips. I usually use Myth and yesterday I finally got Fleshpot in the Heatherette packaging. It look better than Myth to me. Please understand nude nude lips are my signature and I actually used to use foundation and concealer on my lips before I found out about Mac and their huge range of colors. So for me this is perfect. Opaque as light as you can get, hot hot packaging... MY lipstick!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2008 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

after seeing the pictures of the new Heatherette collection, i was so excited to get my hands on Fleshpot! it looked like it would be a perfect, creamy nude, and i am all over the pale lip look. trying it on today at the MAC counter, however, was quite a different story. i'm an NC20 and this lipstick made my lips literally vanish from my face, it was exactly the same color as my skin, and NOT in a good way. i tried putting Bonus Beat lipglass on top of it and even that didn't help. it was hideous looking! plus, it's completely matte and unforgiving-- it actually doesn't even look like lipstick! it looks like concealer (i'm not surprised that one reviewer said she can use it as such!). i'm sure there is some skintone out there that this will work for but it's definitely not mine! because i think that the color is so non-universal, i'm only giving it 2 stars. cute packaging though!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2007 2:39:00 AM More reviews by scarlettOH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Aaah, Fleshpot. I wanted to try it for so long. Yet it was impossible to find. It is a pro item, but I simply could not get my hands on it. I winded up overpaying for it on ebay.

Anyways, I love light nude lips. Myth is a staple for me, and I knew that Fleshpot was similar, so I was itching to try it. Once I finally got it, I was majorly let down. I might as well have bought a tube of concealer at the drugstore. This is LIGHT, super-light, and not in a good way. Comparable to NC10 concealer, probably. There is absolutely NO color in fleshpot (I should've known from the name, I guess) I thought that there would be some pinkyness or peachyness, but NO. It is like pale spackle. And it goes on rough, I might add, not smooth like Myth. Application is streaky and unnatural. And did I add, the color looks like death.
If you are contemplating Fleshpot, I would recommend Myth. Much more flattering and wearable. Fleshpot is unwearable. It might work under some darker glosses, but i'm guessing not due to the texture.

Here is a pic, and it actually looks better in the pic than it does in real life. Nice and ghost-like, right?
For reference I am NC25: