Cover Girl CG Smoothers Pressed Powder

3.8

Talc, Mineral Oil, Avena Sativa Kernel Flour (Oat), Zinc Stearate, Polyoxymethylene Urea, Isopropyl Isostearate, Fragrance/Parfum, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract (Marticaria), C10 18 Triglycerides, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, BHT, Quaternium 15, Mica, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

I tried this in translucent light, and it made me look like a ghost! If I apply enough, I can make my skin look like I've spent a week in the snow. However, it went on smoothly, and didn't cause any acne problems. I'd buy this again, but in a different, darker color.

on 6/3/2007 7:19:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Goes on grainy and has an unpleasent smell to it. I do not care for it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this product was so-so.i used my friends cuz i didnt have mine,and it was ok.did the job for the moment,lasted only about 3 hours tho.smell is good-fresh and soft.good color choices but was kinda thick for a pressed powder.dont think will repurchase.

on 10/13/2006 1:41:00 PM

CG Fresh Look is my HG face powder but I bought this when my drugstore was out of it and this is just as awesome. Great texture, color match, shine control, but natural looking and feeling. Transulucent Medium is perfect for my Asian GGG/MMM normal/oily combo skin. Hurray for drugstore products that deliver this amazingly!

on 9/14/2006 4:15:00 PM

I went away for the weekend and left half of my make-up at home so this was an emergency purchase to see me through. I'm normally a bit of a make-up snob and tend to purchase more expensive brands but this powder has made me realise that you can buy quality make-up products without having to pay exorbitant prices. I have extremely pale (and fairly dry) skin so I purchased this compact in translucent fair. The colour match is fantastic, and when I apply this powder on top of my foundation (Estee Lauder Futurist) my skin looks smooth and flawless. I'm not too keen on the smell of the powder but you only notice it when you first apply it so its something I can live with. I couldn't be happier with this powder and will definitely repurchase.

on 5/14/2006 11:00:00 PM

I don't really care for this.. I mostly keep it in my purse for quick touchups. It doesn't really go on very smoothly, whenever I touch my face after putting this on it always feels uneven and rough. I don't like the feel of it on my face, it feels like it's just sitting on the surface of my skin and it's just not comfortable to wear. Of course, I've never really had oily skin at all so that might be why it doesn't absorb very well on me. Even so, I've tried much better powders than this.

on 4/7/2006 8:00:00 AM

Very nice powder compact that provides a pretty decent amount of coverage as well as controlling shine. I got this in translucent light and it's a perfect match. Basic cover girl compact design that has not changed in decades. I remember using the classic compact circa 1984-88 in high school and this has the same scent. I actually like it because it's a bit of nostalgia. I also get a kick out of the price and the fact that you can buy a decent powder compact for so little. I've done the high end product thing for decades and this is just as good. I'll be checking out other cover girl products in the future because I'm so happy with this.

on 4/6/2006 7:17:00 PM

Translucent Medium -- This color was a pretty perfect match for my skin, which is surprising as I always have trouble. I don't wear foundation and usually find that powder looks terrible on my skin. This one, however, looks great--it's very soft and light; incredibly easy to achieve a very natural look with. Also, I've been wearing it since 7am and my face is still shine free. The powder itself is very finely milled. The fragrance is a little strong, but once it's on your face the scent goes away. The puff it comes with is better than I expected. If you have a good brush, I would of course stick with that, but for touch ups during the day the puff is rather good. The compact is cute, the price is low, and the quality is pretty good. Points taken off for the smell only.

on 2/11/2006 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Good stuff. Although my staple is MAC Blot Powder in Dark, this stuff in Translucent Honey does the trick for me. My face looks flawless.

on 12/14/2005 3:41:00 PM

This is very good for a pressed powder. I love the shimmery glitter particles that it leaves on my skin, but it can't compare to the effect of a loose powder applied with a good powder brush. It's good in a pinch, as loose powder really isn't very practical for transporting.