August 31, 2014 | 1671 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2006 4:15:00 PM More reviews by edp_nz

I went away for the weekend and left half of my make-up at home so this was an emergency purchase to see me through. I'm normally a bit of a make-up snob and tend to purchase more expensive brands but this powder has made me realise that you can buy quality make-up products without having to pay exorbitant prices. I have extremely pale (and fairly dry) skin so I purchased this compact in translucent fair. The colour match is fantastic, and when I apply this powder on top of my foundation (Estee Lauder Futurist) my skin looks smooth and flawless. I'm not too keen on the smell of the powder but you only notice it when you first apply it so its something I can live with. I couldn't be happier with this powder and will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2006 11:00:00 PM More reviews by larelin

I don't really care for this.. I mostly keep it in my purse for quick touchups. It doesn't really go on very smoothly, whenever I touch my face after putting this on it always feels uneven and rough. I don't like the feel of it on my face, it feels like it's just sitting on the surface of my skin and it's just not comfortable to wear. Of course, I've never really had oily skin at all so that might be why it doesn't absorb very well on me. Even so, I've tried much better powders than this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2006 8:00:00 AM More reviews by staci23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very nice powder compact that provides a pretty decent amount of coverage as well as controlling shine. I got this in translucent light and it's a perfect match. Basic cover girl compact design that has not changed in decades. I remember using the classic compact circa 1984-88 in high school and this has the same scent. I actually like it because it's a bit of nostalgia. I also get a kick out of the price and the fact that you can buy a decent powder compact for so little. I've done the high end product thing for decades and this is just as good. I'll be checking out other cover girl products in the future because I'm so happy with this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2006 7:17:00 PM More reviews by aesynia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Translucent Medium -- This color was a pretty perfect match for my skin, which is surprising as I always have trouble. I don't wear foundation and usually find that powder looks terrible on my skin. This one, however, looks great--it's very soft and light; incredibly easy to achieve a very natural look with. Also, I've been wearing it since 7am and my face is still shine free. The powder itself is very finely milled. The fragrance is a little strong, but once it's on your face the scent goes away. The puff it comes with is better than I expected. If you have a good brush, I would of course stick with that, but for touch ups during the day the puff is rather good. The compact is cute, the price is low, and the quality is pretty good. Points taken off for the smell only.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2006 9:35:00 PM More reviews by paula6989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Good stuff. Although my staple is MAC Blot Powder in Dark, this stuff in Translucent Honey does the trick for me. My face looks flawless.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2005 3:41:00 PM More reviews by redfuzzycow

This is very good for a pressed powder. I love the shimmery glitter particles that it leaves on my skin, but it can't compare to the effect of a loose powder applied with a good powder brush. It's good in a pinch, as loose powder really isn't very practical for transporting.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2005 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Tea_Rose

I never expected covergirl to have such a good powder. I've tried so many powders, and this gives the smoothest look to skin. flawless.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2005 11:47:00 AM More reviews by lizzielou742

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff in Translucent Medium. It absorbs shine yet dissapears into the skin. I like the little puff that comes with it, but I always buy extras and replace them every once in a while, because the powder lasts me forever but after a while the puff gets kind of grody.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2005 9:21:00 PM More reviews by obzessd

Very nice product, thanks MUA! b/c I would have never tried it w/o the reviews. I like it better than my stupid Stila pressed powder, which in Medium didn't match my yellow-toned NC25 skin very well, and whose compact, even though it's pretty, doesn't open all the way, and then the damn refills don't stick to the pan properly so they always get loose and then crumble. What good is a pressed powder if you can't carry it around for touchups without it falling apart?? CG Smoothers in Translucent Medium, on the other hand, matches it very well, doesn't look cakey, gets rid of shine. This is a dark blue round compact and is about $4 or 5. There is a strong smell to it, somewhat flowery. While I could do without it, it doesn't bother me much. Overall a good product at a great price. I'm definitely buying again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2005 8:04:00 PM More reviews by lucyboo

SMELL: this smells funny, like some others have said Ö i canít put my name on what it smells like. some funny teen pimple cream? weird. and it does linger for a while. LOOK: iím a bit of a powder addict (i fight it because it can be aging) but no matter how much i put on of this, i donít look cakey! i used the Ďfairí (the lightest of the three available here) and itís a good colour match. PACKAGING: itís nice, feels weighty in the hand. PROBLEMS: apart from the smell, my only qualm so far is that when i swirl my powder brush over the pan (i donít like using puffs), it seems to kick up a lot of powder that doesnít stick to the brush but just collect in the groove of the compactÖ seems like a bit of a waste. VERDICT: iíll see how long the compact lasts for, but i think i will go back to my rimmel because of a) the smell b) the excess powder kicked up and c) the cost (rimmel is about 4 or 5 dollars cheaper).