Philosophy The Present Clear Makeup

3.4

Water (aqua), Cyclomethicone, Behenyl Alcohol, Dimethiconol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Lysozyme, Sodium Citrate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (lavender), Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 10/28/2010 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I'm currenlty using this as a primer. It makes my skin looker super smooth and matte! It even looks great with out any foundation.. especially on days when I go to work with little make up... just a tab of blush and my skin looks healthy! The 2oz tube for $25 sold me on this product too! I don't mind that it take 2 minutes for the primer to set, because I put it on toward the end while I am blowing drying my hair.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i'm still not exactly sure what this is supposed to do, but the general consensus says that it's a primer.
i use it on the days that i go to school because i wear no makeup at all. i put it on and my skin feels super smooth and stays matte for hours (4+). i love it because it doubles up as a moisturizer, too. it's a pretty thick cream so using it instead of a moisturizer for my very oily skin is enough. i put on my acne cream, the present, and i'm out the door.
it doesn't ball up, and blends in well.
under makeup, however, doesn't keep me as matte for some reason. i use powder foundation, and i still have to blot.
the only complaint is the smell - it doesn't have a particularly good smell, but you can't smell anything once it has set into the skin.
the price is also fantastic. $25 for 2 ounces instead of the usual 1 ounce.
i don't know if i'll buy this again because the time that i want to be matte is when i have makeup on. and it doesn't do that. so i don't know if i would pay another $25 for it. i would rather find a primer that keeps me matte regardless.

I'm not sure if I'd buy this again. It's 2 oz instead of the typically 1 oz for a portion of Smashbox's price. That's good. I love the primer itself, but I'm trying to get away from parabens in my makeup.

The Supernatural doesn't seem to have parabens in it.

However, the Present is a matte texture, Supernatural is more slippery because of the silicone content.

I don't find that the Present "smells like glue" or balls up. It's thick but spreads well, you just need to use it sparingly and blend well. I've never had it clump up on me.

I use an "eraser size amount"- think top of a wooden school pencil. Squeeze that on my forefinger, dab that on different areas of my face, use middle three fingers to blend out. Instructions say to wait 2 minutes for it to dry, but I've started applying makeup at 1 min with no problems.

I don't find that the formula erases fine lines (then again I'm 22) or any of that advertising stuff it claims, but I love the texture, and as a primer it works very, very well....

on 9/23/2010 1:32:00 PM

I had been a die hard user of Dr. Perricone Ceramic Skin Smoother but it has been recently discontinuted. I have been on a 2 month search for a replacement primer and so far this one is the best. I read the other reviews and the biggest complaint seems to be the waiting of 2 minutes for the product to completely dry/set. I found a VERY easy trick that works even better than waiting the 2 minutes...just use the COOL setting on your blowdryer for about 30 seconds and waaalaaa!!!! You are SET! The primer definitely gives you a smoother affect..you can see the difference immediately after you blowdry your face. I do not wear foundation during the day but I find this gives my skin and pores a smoother more even appearance. I have noticed that by the end of the day it is a little more moist not matte on my skin but at my age I need that so it is not a problem. Overall I would highly reccomend this product.

on 9/19/2010 11:21:00 PM

I had this as a sample that gave me about a weeks worth. I wasn't impressed. I always waited the full 2 minutes (usually a bit longer), but I didn't feel like it filled in my pores very much. I did seem to help with oil control a bit better than my normal primers, but I suspect it was the cause of a breakout.

on 8/15/2010 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For my 100th review I wanted to review a product that has made a big difference in my life. The Present is a clear primer that claims to give you an airbrushed look. It applys smoothly, and a little goes a long way. I usually put this on before I brush my teeth in the morning, so that when i'm done the product has had its 2 min setting time. The Present smells just like the Hope in a Jar (lavender scented), but doesn't have the burning effect some Philosophy products tend to have on my skin.

The final result with this primer, is smooth, flawless, pore free skin. I really like this, and I will continue to buy. :)

on 7/13/2010 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

this is one of my favorite primers..it is a little thick which means you do not need a lot of it and yes it really does help fill in pores and gives you the flawless face once you put foundation on...i like that this product is oil free..there is a light smell, but that does not bother me that much...the prices is not bad either: 2 oz for $25..and that 2 oz will last a long time since again, you do not need that much...not really anything bad to say...you do have to wait 2 mins before you can apply foundation because if you do not (which i have done), it leaves your foundation cakey, and of course, no one wants that

on 6/30/2010 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

i only tried a sample and i got a pimple the next day and i never break out...so i'm scared to try it again. it did make my skin very soft and covered pores well so it wasn't bad while it was on..i think it's a fair price too since you don't need all that much

Ok, so i bought this product from ebay, about £10 with p & p if i remember correctly. So i liked the smell, the thickness wasn't too much of a problem for me because it still went on quite easily. I never really had problems with streakiness because i reviewed it on here first and made sure i left it to sink in for at least 2 minutes. I didnt notice any (good) difference while wearing this product. However, like other people have said, i had been wearing about 3 weeks when i started to notice i was getting alot of spots, i mean i usually get 2-3 p/ month so when i got about 9 in the space of a few days, i just put it down to stress. Then i stopped using it for a few days because i really didnt see it working and i realised this is the only new product i have been using so its this that has broken me out. I was getting spots around my chin which is normal when i get them, but also my my nose, on my forehead, which NEVER happens! Gutted. So im trying to treat my very red sore looking face right now. Also it caused alot of tiny little white heads. That aside, even if i didnt break out, by around lunchtime i would notice my makeup looking cakey around my nose going onto my cheeks, and i started to get quite oily which doesnt normally happen. So i would not get this agin and i am now stuck with 3/4 of a tube :(

on 6/13/2010 10:09:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really like this, like everyone says, it takes time to get used to you really do need to wait the 2 minutes before putting makeup on. It's a really good primer and actually works with my BE mineral makeup. It doesn't make your skin good enough to go makeupless though!