October 25, 2014 | 1098 users online

Lip Treatments - Smith's Rosebud Salve - Minted Rose Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 9:02:00 AM More reviews by hanna84panna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best lip balm out there. I repurchase as soon as I run out. Great to have under lipstick and gloss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Blackrosesyellow

Since I just finished another whole pot of this, I thought I'd finally review it. It's such a great little product. I have pretty dry lips and sometimes they get a weird rashy texture to them (i know! gross!) and this soothes them. It is long lasting but not sticky at all; it is thick but smooth. The smell is great, like rose oils (obv) and the color is clear. This makes my lips look their best, and it works on other dry areas too. LOVE it! of course I'll repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2009 8:34:00 PM More reviews by noellethediva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Meh, its ok. I hate the original and at least this has a little mint oil in it to combat that icky rose taste. I just keep it by the bed and put on a thick coat so i wake up with soft lips. I don't use it any other time and there are plenty of similar products that do the same job, without the petrolatum. greasy texture. Works ok but won't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2009 8:12:00 PM More reviews by diorbella413

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is probably the best lip balm i have ever used. i am so drawn in by the smell of it for some reason. it applies nice and thick but is not sticky, stays on for a very long time and makes my lips feel amazing and smooth. and for the price you pay for this you get a ton of product -- use this about 3 times a day and one tin lasts me 6 months.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2009 3:14:00 AM More reviews by lipcrazy

I actually find this product to be very drying. The product applies very thin, has little lasting power and laves my lips dry. Would not repurchase. I didn't have this problem with the original rosebud salve. I do kind of like the antique looking tin.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2009 10:52:00 PM More reviews by sreavis

I was hoping that this would not smell/taste like the original--that the mint would be stronger. Like the original, it smells and tastes like bathroom cleaner. However, it does seem to moisturize well and the shine is really nice, but I can't get past the harshness of the rosy chemical fragrance of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2009 12:37:00 AM More reviews by Tiffieotheory14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this salve. It smoothes my lips and it creates a light coral tint on my lips. The smell didn't smell like rose at all; I'm not sure if it was supposed to though. The tingy feeling made applying mip balm a little more exciting. The only thing I would change would be the smell. But in any case, I'm content and will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2009 4:39:00 PM More reviews by SiLeNtLvEdREAMER

I love this product because it makes my lips so soft. This product should be used right before you go to bed because your lips will have enough time to make your lips soft. I really don't recommend this product for day usage because your lips won't be as soft. I would use this sometimes in the daytime to act like a gloss. I hate the smell because it smells nasty, and the packaging isn't the best. This would be a really good product if it wasn't for the packaging, the smell, and if it had SPF in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2009 4:22:00 PM More reviews by jcki

I've only been using this product for a few days now, throughout the day and before I go to bed, but what a difference it's already made! My lips have never been so moisturized... I love being able to rub my lips together and not have to feel the chapped skin. Gives a nice, natural dewy look to the lips without looking glossy (good for when you don't want to look overdone!) Love this product, and will continue to purchase it. I thought it was a bit pricey at 10 bucks a pop at first (compared to 4 or 5 dollar drug store balms), but the tin is huge and will last me quite a while! But seeing as how it will probably last me a long time, I've definitely gotta make sure that my hands are clean each time I use it. Also a great cuticle moisturizer :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2009 8:26:00 AM More reviews by FoXyKiTten01

This was at the Sephora counter when I was checking out, and for some reason I just had to get it! I had the original and strawberry one a long time ago, but they've been long since lost..and I never really felt compelled to get replacements until now. You'd think minty rose would be a gross smell combo, but surprisingly it's not bad. It's more rose-y mint scented in the tin, but on my lips it's more minty scented imo. It also has a light cool minty tingle which I personally like. The tin is uber cute too, though I hate tins and the lid sometimes is hard to pull off. Aside from packaging, this stuff is super moisturizing without leaving a gross white ring around your lips. It doesn't really have any color on my fairly pigmented lips, but overall it gives a nice natural shine. Definitely will NOT be losing this one!