April 20, 2014 | 1679 users online

Powder - Avon - Smooth Mineral Make-up

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2008 5:45:00 PM More reviews by lindanail

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I did not like this makeup at all. The shades were either to pale or too orange for me. It settled into my lines and got cakey. It also didn't go on evenly and was kind of streaky. One of the worst mineral foundations that I have tried!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2008 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Dawn_Sierra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am SHOCKED there are so many positive reviews for this product. Wow...

I tried her first color recommendation based on my avon rep's own experience (she found the color extremely pale on herself) so she figured it would be close match for me being mineral makeup should be somewhat forgiving. Nope. It was much MUCH too dark and I ended up giving to someone else. My hubby, being the sweetheart he is, went ahead and ordered some more in "Transparent Glow" in hopes I'd have better luck this time. Now I will say that though the darker color was much too dark for me its almost oily consistency made it easy to apply and, maybe it was just the color, but it did seem to cover pretty well. However the lighter shade had a different consistency being it was very chalky. Not only did it NOT give any cover, no matter how many layers I applied, it also did nothing for my oily complexion. It doesn't even work well as a finishing powder. I wouldn't say I have very sensitive skin but this stuff made my face ITCH constantly also.VERY disappointing.
(Even all the ladies at the office at my husband's work have been utterly disappointed in this makeup.)

Don't waste your time or money. I'm sure Avon has many other quality products but this is NOT one of them. Take my advice.. DON'T BOTHER.

I've found I have MUCH better luck with Physician's Formula pressed mineral powder makeup.. also their loose mineral powder is nice. (Prefer the pressed.. its less messy just don't bother with their brush.) Either way you get a heck of alot more for your money and it actually works like it should.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2008 1:28:00 AM More reviews by solarchick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this when it first came out in "almond" which is now called "shell". I really wanted to try mineral foundation but not spend a ton on it and since I am a rep I got this pretty cheap. I love it, it doesn't feel like I'm wearing a ton of make up and I don't really have to worry about it through out the day as I would just wearing a liquid foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2008 2:21:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i got this from a nice swapper on here,brand new in the color transparent glow. so far it seems very nice and light.

update-ok well now im not so sure id repurchase this. the color is a great match,then again it is transparent. it is light,like i like BUT i noticed it sinks into my pores badly =( i wont be using this alone thats for sure,but maybe it will be ok over my tinted moisturizer. will let everyone know...

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2008 12:01:00 PM More reviews by bizzietue

Okay, at first I hated this product because it settled into my pores making them look huge! However, I did like the coverage (I have freckles and prefer a fuller coverage look). I've found a way of applying it (with other products) that gives a nice "glow" without spending tons of $$.

First, I use BE Prime Time over my usual moisturizer. After that dries, I apply the Avon Mineral Powder (loose) with a kabuki brush all over my face. Then I spritz my face with a little water (just tap water using a spray bottle) and continue blending in a downward motion with my kabuki brush. This sort of gives an air-brush type of effect.

Next, I apply concealer under my eyes and other dark spots and blend with a regular BE brush using the BM Featherlight Mineral Veil (it has a shimmer to it). Then I stop everything with a light coat of Maybelline's mineral veil in the compact using their rubber sponge. I just lightly dab/dust on, especially over the larger pore areas near my nose.

This covers the glittery effect of the Featherlight but still allows my skin to look radiant..... It may sound like a lot but I like to experiment... this is my cheaper version of doing Laura Mercier's "Flawless Face."

PS - I'm also using a cheap pore minimizing toner (prior to moisturizing in the morning) from Sally Beauty Supply called ABH pore mattifying toner... It works just as well as Lancome's pore mattifying toner but only costs about $6. Keeps me from getting oily throughout the day. Love it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2008 10:54:00 PM More reviews by jusslike_honee09

I have tried loads and loads of different foundation, liquid,powder, loose powder, you name it i've tried it. So to be honest i was kind of hoping for the worst because it was so cheap! But I actually ended up loving it! The shade I got was 'Nutmeg' it was a tad bit dark, but only looked like I had just gotten a tan so i'm fine with that. I didn't have a mineral brush so i used a tiny blush brush and it worked great! and it lasted all day and was not heavy at all. I would by the product again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2008 11:02:00 AM More reviews by RSue92

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am an AVON rep. I was so hoping I would like this product! But, after using it 3 times, I was very disappointed. The color started to turn orangy, within a few hours and my face felt icky. Also, my oily skin seemed to become even more oily. I will not recommend this.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2008 2:15:00 AM More reviews by jeny13584

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this because It's cheaper than the other mineral foundations.
It does provide decent coverage but it's uneven.
My skin is usually clear but, after using this, I've been breaking out alot,
so I've had to stop.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2008 9:08:00 AM More reviews by queenjaime572

I've been using this for about a week and I'm kinda on the fence about it. I'm not super impressed with it, but it does do an ok job. I've been wanting to find a decent mineral makeup that didn't cost alot, so I bought this from Avon because it was only 9.99 and came with a decent brush. I can't really compare it to other mineral makeup because I've only used one other kind and it was not good (physician's formula). It covers ok with one application, but when I added a bit more to try to get some more coverage, it looked a little cakey and powdery. The colors are hard to match based on the pictures in the books, so the color I bought (Almond) was a little dark, but will be better when I get a little summer tan. I think they have improved the colors and added more recently, so that may no longer be as much of a problem. I don't think that I'll buy this again, I'm pretty sure I'm going to give up on mineral makeup and start looking for a better liquid foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2008 5:48:00 PM More reviews by MRICKS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to get on the "mineral makeup wagon", so I decided to try Avon's version. When I first put this on, it looked great. Made my skin appear natural looking and clear. Unfortunately the look didn't last very long. This product does not agree with oily skin. Within a few hours I was feverishly blotting away. I reapplied the makeup, but felt like it was caked on. I will not purchase this again.