September 23, 2014 | 2113 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Liquidlast Liner - Point Black

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by iheartchikn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG of all eyeliners. I thought I would never ever have to change eyeliners again when I found this but I heard it was going to be discontinued? I really hope not!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by lizaa13

I had a hard time with eyeliner because they all smeared and none of them were good enough. But then i found MAC Liquidlast, at first I hated it because I bought it in green: it was clumpy, and hard to put on and take off. But then i realized, this is just what i need, so i went and bought a black one. It was glorious! It was not clumpy like the green one and had that amazing staying power. I can wear it for two days straight, sleep in it, be in the salty harsh beach water in it, be in the heat with it, it would not budge. It almost cried yesterday when a lady at mac told be it was being discontinued. How can you do that to us MAC??? I guess I'll just have to stock up, find a good substitute (which I doubt), or just purchase from questionable online vendors. Best of luck to everyone who feels my pain.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2011 10:02:00 AM More reviews by sangrmahlia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

The best thing about this product is how long it lasts. It's crazy. Once I ran out of remover and I delayed buying it, thinking, "oh well, it'll eventually wash away." It didn't. It stayed on for the whole 48 hours until I panicked and promptly went out to buy remover. The downside is I feel the brush is not as good as other liquid liners I've tried. It is so thin and flat it actually makes it harder (than usual) for application. The liquid is also a bit thick, so it's best to just use a full glob on the brush and line lightly throughout with a single stroke. But the extra five minutes I spend every morning painstakingly lining my eyes worths every second as I don't have to worry about it for the rest of the day (and mostly, night). Price is of course expensive, it's MAC. But if you want to spend some for a worthy product, this is it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by sah125

I've been looking for an eyeliner that I could wear especially during the summer. All the eyeliners I've tried always smudged when I went to the beach or pool even though the products say that they are waterproof. (mind you that I don't smudge my eyes) Two weeks ago, I went to the beach with a friend of mine. The waves were really high and crazy that day and my friend came out of the water with her eye liner looking exactly the same. I asked her what she was wearing and she said it was mac liquidlast. So of course, I tried it on the next day at the beach and TA-DA no more eyeliner smudging! I took off a lippie b/c of the texture....it's thick and almost paste like. I just stocked up on a couple because I've been hearing rumors that it'll be discontinued! Please don't d/c this!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by suety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been using MAC's gel liner for a long time now, but honestly it doesn't stay on well enough on my oily asian monolids, especially in the summer. I've always refrained from using liquid liners because they crack up too much but this one works so well! Minimal flaking and it really does stay put - very handy for sleepovers. Yes the brush is dumb, and I get it on my lashes quite often, but I think its staying power is worth the trouble. It is pretty difficult to get off but I find that L'oreal's oil-based remover is sufficient to stop me from rubbing my eyes into wrinkly oblivion. Maybe it's time to try MAC's own remover.

It would be a shame for this to be discontinued... The newer superslick stays put just as well, but it's glossier. I love how matt this liquidlast liner is!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2011 1:41:00 AM More reviews by LexAndTheCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like that it goes on quite easily, but I'm no novice to applying make up, I find this gets in my lashes and makes them stick together and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. It does have staying power, but I also find that it comes off in weird patchy bits on my eyes, especially when I go swimming (and it's waterproof so I don't rate that). I have normal skin and I obviously don't rub my eyes so I find that really quite annoying. It is super black which I like.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 1:17:00 AM More reviews by jenlaw1985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product, it stays on the whole day until I use make up remover. It is a little pricey for a small bottle though.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2011 1:19:00 AM More reviews by sandyatthebeach1

This is one eyeliner you could go swimming with, running with, hiking up Mount Everest with... and it wouldn't budge. It's like, atomic bomb proof. Which also means it's makeup remover proof. -____-
Cons:
1. Will. Not. Budge. Usually, with my oily monolids, I look for something like that... but I do like having my makeup off in under an hour of scrubbing. Olive oil, Laneige cleansing oil, makeup wipes, face wash, makeup remover and countless cotton balls, even baby shampoo. I think the only thing that got this stuff off my eyes was sheer determination... and the shedding of a lot of skin cells.
2. Brush sucks. Seriously, MAC is famous for its amazing brushes. They couldn't put a better one with this liner?
3. Takes a long time to dry. Not that much of an issue, but still sort of annoying.
Pros:
1. Super pigmented! Very, very black.
2. It dries to a very nice, matte finish.
3. Will stay put through anything (I guess it could be looked on as a good thing... by people who have epic makeup remover)

Overall, I would love this product if its formulation allowed it to come off with less effort. The brush is pretty bad, but I could always just use an eyeliner brush instead, if I liked the product enough. Unfortunately, this product was a disappointment. I wish I could say I liked it... but I don't. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 12:27:00 PM More reviews by fangel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I actually went and bought this product based on its reviews for exceptional resistance to water. I wanted to find the perfect eyeliner that doesn't run, disappear or give you raccoon eyes when you go under water.

I was going to go swimming and still wanted some makeup on. This product stayed on PERFECTLY! I was swimming for almost two hours and its still there! Amazing product. Just remember not to rub at it just in case, but it is pretty hard to rub off anyways, even WITH makeup remover. Took several wipes to take off the eyeliner.

This stays on, doesn't run or give you raccoon eyes when swimming. Probably the best eyeliner I recommend for anyone that wants to go swimming with makeup.

Also, other products that I used to swim with are:

- Sephora Jumbo Liner 12Hr Wear Waterproof (Hard to rub off when your dry, but will eventually fade away when your swimming!)(( I suggest just getting the Gold and Beige color for a natural summery brightening look if you want to swim in it!))
- Splashproof Mascara by MAC (Awesome mascara that doesn't run, ever!)
- Make Up Forever Full Cover Camaflouge Cream (Does the job, but didn't realize it was just concealer. Still works and evenly tones the skin color! I put this one FIRST and then covered it over with Bobbi Brown Illuminating Finish Powder Compact Foundation to give it an even finish!)

I used all these products while swimming and non of them rubbed off (except the Jumbo Liner) or ran down my cheeks! Anyone looking for products that you can wear while swimming this product is for you, and everything else I listed!! Good Luck!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 4:32:00 AM More reviews by menacexofxvanity

MY HG! I got this for $18 but it's worth it. all you need is one or two coats. the color is BLACK it looks so beautiful. and when I say waterproof formula I mean WATERPROOF FORMULA! I took a shower AND took a nap with it on and it still looked perfect after both. but keep in mind it's not easy to take off, you need some really good makeup remover. it came off with vaseline for me. but I highly recommend it for anyone who is as obsessed with super black eye makeup as I am!