October 24, 2014 | 1057 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 188 Small Duo Fibre Face brush

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2010 7:47:00 PM More reviews by mimifrenzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's really narrow, small, and flimsy. I have yet to figure out what to use this brush for. I sometimes pick it up if i need to blend in smaller places but that's about it. I might start using it to set the concealer under my eyes. I'll update!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by chikky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great brush for cream blushes. I just dab it into my MAC, Stila or Bobbi Brown cream blush & then PAT(not blend) it onto my check; it applies flawlessly without bold sharp edges. Great for controling the amount of colour you're trying to apply as you can build the colour up natuarally.

I feel that it blends on it's own & you can even create gradient effects with areas you want deeper than the other without swirling the brush around; therefore you are not swirling you foundation or sunscreen around.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2010 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Qu33neY

I use this brush for my blushes.
It allows me to pick up small amounts of product so that the application is more neat and precise. I then blending out the blush with the same brush.
So so so soft
Very good brush

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2010 11:03:00 AM More reviews by Hevz555

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this brush but I don't love it. I find it way too small for blush application. I only really use this to apply a highlighter to my cheeks, and it does do this beautifully. I wouldn't be sad if I lost it though.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2010 8:30:00 PM More reviews by iLeztmOmmy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

i use my 188 to apply my Studio Fix fluid foundation & i love it, it makes my makeup look flawless. i like it better than the MAC 187 because its easier when ur trying to get around your nose & under eyes. u can also use it 2 apply blush/bronzer, its a great brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2010 4:28:00 PM More reviews by nidsters19

The brush works great for cream blush and I do use a lot because of this. I'm not necessarily crazy about the results, but the same as the 187 brush, I think it's because I need to learn some more tips and tricks for it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 10:41:00 AM More reviews by iqaganda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was supposed to be my blush brush. My original plan was to buy MAC 187 but since it was out of stock, I bought MAC 188 instead. When I got home, I tried it on, well, it was too small to be a blush brush for me. Instead, this became a bronzer brush for me. I'm the typical girl that only use one brush for specific kind. For this, I ONLY use my MAC 188 for my bronzers. It's perfect for applying bronzers since you don't really need to put on a lot of bronzer to your face. The end of the bristles are very light, making it easier to control how much bronzer I wanted to put on. Also, since it is smaller than the usual blush brush, it's easier to contour over my t-zone and easier to apply to small areas where I need to put more bronzer.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2010 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Macupaholic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I much prefer this one to the 188. I think it's size it perfect, and the feel and look it delivers is a great reason to buy it!

It's fantastic for liquid foundations. The way it blend the color into your skin in is incredible! I use it for my liquids and my cremes and the finished product is stunning!

However, the bristles get plucked out when you start using creme products? Je ne sais pas? And yes, I do know how to wash and care for my brush (at that price, you HAVE TO) It's really unfortunate because the brush is great except for that reason!

I do still recommend buying it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2010 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Kath09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This brush is great for applying blush but I prefer using it for bronzers as it gives the perfect hollow cheek look without overdoing it. It's so soft and applies the right amount of product. I recently also started using it to apply foundation primers (mousse formula) and it works perfectly, I actually prefer using this than my fingers now. But I'd probably purchase the 187 for that in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2010 4:22:00 AM More reviews by doris98

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love it for concealer and cream blush