MAC 188 Small Duo Fibre Face brush

4.3

on 8/29/2010 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I love this 188 brush from MAC. I mostly use it to apply my blushes (cream and powder). It works great for that purpose. I love how this brush helps sheer out really bright colored blushes. It blends into the skin flawlessly, and it's a really soft brush too.

on 8/27/2010 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Can't go wrong with this brush!

I love this for applying liquid foundation, blush on the apples of the cheeks, and highlight.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I Love this brush. I use it to apply my Makeup Forever HD Foundation. I use a stipling method to apply and this smaller version of the 187 works great for me. It allows you to get closer to the eyes and around the nose than the 187. I personally prefer the 188.

on 8/3/2010 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Love this brush. I do not use it for liquid foundation yet, maybe in the winter I will, but for now I use it for my NARS blushes and it works great, I love how it picks up the pigment and how it applies it.

on 8/1/2010 3:01:00 PM

This is definitely my must have make-up brush, I just could not cope without it! I used MAC ST in NW20 and it applied it lightly and evenly. I've also tried it with MAC SF and am now using it with Smashbox HD healthy FX foundation and works just as amazingly well. It's so soft and feels very light on my skin so I don't ever apply too much. I've had it for ages now and still as good as new. Would buy it again without a second thought if I ever need to! Would recommend this to anyone regardless of the foundation used. LOVE IT!!!

on 7/2/2010 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG foundation brush. I first purchased the 187 but really didn't like it...so I was hesitant to try this one out. But needless to say, I really do like it. I use it to apply my MUFE face and body foundation and it applies it beautifully. Allows me to get coverage, but without having a thick layer of foundation on my face. Blends my foundation in wonderfully, feels soft, doesn't shed. It's super easy to wash aswell. I've used this for applying really pigmented blushes too, and it works very well for that.

This product ; OMG . i am in love with this brush . <3 . it's the best brush i have ever used . it's very soft & apply's alot of foundation in a half of a pump . it saves my money on foundation . which is what everyone needs for this economy . Revlon photo ready is a very nice foundation to use . it's my all time favorite . i am in the shade 'Shell' but , i think i might need a shade up . butt , this brush put's it on so evenly . i love it guys . please try to invest some money into it . it's expensive but , worth itt.

on 5/22/2010 6:58:00 AM

I was having problems with studio fix because i couldnt find a good brush to apply it, so i settled with using my fingers which made the foundation looked cakey and heavy! until i found the 188 that is :).... it was a toss-up between the 188 and 187 (the bigger version) but i went with the 188 because the MA at my mac counter said it was easier for applying foundation around the nose/eyes = so true! and it makes the foundation look flawless!! love it!! great brush and i use it every day!

on 5/16/2010 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

It's really narrow, small, and flimsy. I have yet to figure out what to use this brush for. I sometimes pick it up if i need to blend in smaller places but that's about it. I might start using it to set the concealer under my eyes. I'll update!

on 4/3/2010 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Great brush for cream blushes. I just dab it into my MAC, Stila or Bobbi Brown cream blush & then PAT(not blend) it onto my check; it applies flawlessly without bold sharp edges. Great for controling the amount of colour you're trying to apply as you can build the colour up natuarally.

I feel that it blends on it's own & you can even create gradient effects with areas you want deeper than the other without swirling the brush around; therefore you are not swirling you foundation or sunscreen around.

Video Reviews & Tutorials