Crystal Crystal Body Deodorant Stick

ammonium salts (natural mineral salts). 9.14.09

on 3/22/2011 10:31:00 PM

This does NOT work. I tried this for over a month and had SO many embarrassing moments. There were times I couldn't face people I was so embarrassed. I think I smell worse with this than with nothing on. The other problem - this IS aluminum, and when wet it IS small enough to penetrate your skin --- so why use this? it's no safer than normal antiperspirants. you can check out the facts on the website called Chemical of the Day, where Stephanie, a chemist explains how this breaks down into small alumnium ions.

Also, like the reviewer below me said - the crystal rock itself will absorb your body odor, so then it is like rubbing B.O. on yourself. it is pretty nasty. My husband and I threw it out.

I am now using Jason Tea Tree roll on deodorant, and it works very well (for a natural deodorant that's not an antiperspirant, that is).

on 3/16/2011 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I read that the body soaks in 80% of what we apply to our skin, so a natural deodorant is really important to me. After trying a few natural deodorants that don't work, or that make me itchy, I'm amazed at this product. In my opinion, it's a step above regular chemical deodorants because it feels like you are wearing nothing, it's not harming your body, and yet there is zero smell for 24+ hours. Deodorants usually make me itchy, and since I've started wearing this, I've had no itching.

If you're having and smell issues, it's most likely that you're not applying it how it needs to go on. Just wet it and rub it on- I usually rub for about 45 seconds on each underarm. I applied this yesterday morning, and it's now afternoon into the next day and I have zero smell. And remember that it's not an anti-persperant, so it's not going to stop the sweat from coming out- but honestly, there is no musky smell on me right now and I haven't showered yet :) .

I'm going to be using this for the rest of my life, and it makes me feel so good that I'm no longer putting harmful chemicals on my body everyday.

on 2/23/2011 7:28:00 PM

This works well. My sweat smells pretty gross naturally and this gives me odour free armpits.

Also great for under the boobs as it's non-irritating.

Pro Tips: Wet enough for the crystal to glide on, and purchase from Iherb (much cheaper and there's a discount for new customers). Also, consider buying a trial size first.

on 2/13/2011 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

HG!!! Works great and last forever! Just remember to wet it when you are ready to use it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Don't you just love finding holy grail products? This is one of those off beat things that I really could smack myself for not purchasing earlier. While it seems rather pricey from the get go don't let that dissuade you, this stick lasts and lasts! Other natural deodorants gave me rashes or just didn't seem to have much staying power. If you are a profuse sweater, this won't keep you dry, but you won't smell either. I sweat quite a bit, yet find myself sweating less after using the stone or the liquid roll on. This is a great and simple alternative for those wanting to "go green" with their grooming products.

on 11/26/2010 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I've found that if I do about 80 strokes per armpit, this will keep me BO-free for 24+ hours. Wednesday night, I bathed and applied this to freshly cleaned, damp armpits. I woke up intending to wash my armpits and reapply the Crystal, but I didn't smell anything. I decided to see how long this would last. After a day of Thanksgiving visits AND a night out, there was STILL no stink! I woke up this morning and incredibly I had only just begun to smell as I was getting into the shower.

If I apply it less than 50 strokes on each underarm, there might be a slight odor by the late afternoon. Putting on 80 strokes per armpit takes less than a minute and the product goes a long way. It's extremely worth it to take those extra seconds to put on more, making sure to cover a wide area.

My armpits feel much better than they have with any antiperspirant or natural deodorant. I love not having to deal with nasty chemical perfumes. I have a skin condition that affects the armpits, but after coconut oil deodorant and now the Crystal Stick, it has calmed down considerably.

I've been using the Crystal Stick for over a week. If it keeps working so well, I'll remain loyal!

on 11/15/2010 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

So I'm trying something new for a deoderant. I don't use deoderant for women because every brand seems to not do anything and my sweat odor comes through. Saying that I am an active sports person so I need something a little bit stronger than the average female does. I am currently using Mitchum Smart Solid for men but I notice in the last 6 months something about it has changed. It says it's still odor free but I can smell something different and it works pretty much as well as a female deoderant now it used to be the best deo ever for sports. i"ll be wearing for work tomorrow and lets see what happens. So far I love the packaging though.

3 DAY REVIEW
I didn;t expect anything from this deoderant seeing as it's all natural but so far it's working better and for longer than any deoderant or anti-perspirant i've ever tried! I work all day and have made a point out of not washing my pits until the mext morning and when I wake up I still smell clean and fresh. It's fragrance free too. The only inconvenience for me is that I have to put a rop of water on the top in order to wet the crystal but it's worth it seeing as it's natural and works great. It also doesn' leave white residue on my clothing. If it continues working like this I will definitely be rebuying

2 MONTH UPDATE
I stepped up my workout routine. Now if you work out lightly (yogay) or not at all this deoderant is fine but as soon as I started doing longer runs and more sweat inducing workouts it stopped protecting me from that sweaty smell so I had to stop using it. I'll keep it for days when I'm off the gym but otherwise it just doesn't do the job.

on 11/8/2010 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

This is pretty decent, as long as you're aware that you will sweat. Sweat you will, but odor will be controlled. At least this was the case for me. Totally better for you than regular deodorant that contains aluminum.

on 10/7/2010 6:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This stuff is awesome! I switch to natural deodorant because reg deodorant can cause breast cancer and i aint gonna take chances with that. This only cost me 3 bucks says it will last about a yr and is all natural. When i use this it keeps me oder free ALL day and sweat free ALL day i love it. works better than any other deodorant iv ever used all my life. Its so easy to use too, no mess and even if you do make a mess (which i dont see how you could with this) its clear so ya cant even see it and no white pits either. Plus it looks so cute, lil salt crystal :3 also sense its clear there is never any worry about getting white stains on you clothes. FYI if you put this on after you just shaved, its stings, but only for a few seconds.

on 9/18/2010 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Did I use this wrong? I live in Las Vegas and Summers are brutally hot. I wanted to try a more natural option for deoderant. Arggg this stuff left me a nasty wet mess. Sooooo embarrassing! I had no idea I actually sweat so much! This did not control sweat at all. I'm in the heat or at the gym often, and this stuff is worthless to me. I don't even want to give it one lippy. I will stick to my Secret Clinical and never stray again!

Video Reviews & Tutorials