December 21, 2014 | 842 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by josianel84

WAOOOOOOWW!! I mixed Low-Fat Greek yogurt with quick oats and used a spoon to smear it on my face. I took a 15 minutes bath and removed the mask using the spoon. I could not believe how great my skin looked. My pores looked smaller and my complexion was lighter. My face was glowing. I have been washing my face with oatmeal for 2 weeks and I live in Canada it is freezing cold out and was irritating my skin like crazy. I have never felt so good about my skin since I am using oats and now with the yogurt mask I am in heaven!!!! Guy you must try this it is awesome... I am trying to get my boyfriend to do it now!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by VIPnolza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love yogurt masks! They are so refreshing so my skin and my hair. It hydrates my skin and hair making it really soft. My hair is shiny and my skin looks brighter too.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 8:51:00 AM More reviews by chinney

A staple mask that I'll always use. It's cheap! And the effects are great. Very gentle to the skin. I try to use it a few times every week and my skin always gets so radiant after that! I mix it with a few drops of TTO and it really helps alot with pimples! Do try it.

It really hydrates! I was in UK for awhile and the weather was so dry. I used yogurt mask on my face every day. And my face wasn't dry or peely at all!!! Whereas the rest of my body was dry and scaly. Amazing stuff!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2012 7:22:00 AM More reviews by azzy221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using full fat greek style yogurt as a face mask everyday for the last week, and it's a love hate relationship! At first after washing it off it makes your face feel very soft and supple. It brightens my face immediately, and I've noticed my pores on my nose have shrunk a little. However after 10-15 min of soft skin my face becomes really dry! I've experienced dry skin, but not to this extent. My cheeks which are usually my problem free areas have become incredibly flaky, and itchy.

I'm still going to continue using it, because I love how it makes my skin looking radiant, and I would love to see my pores shrink more :) I will be posting more updates on my skin whilst using this. I love the benefits and the dry skin I can combat with moisturizer!!

Update- 18/12/12 -
I've stopped using yoghurt as a face mask altogether. It made my skin incredibly dry, I probably overdid it though. If you have oily skin this would be perfect for you. But for dry/sensitive skin types please be careful. Right now i'm using nivea soft moisturizer to help with my dry rough cheeks, and i'm loving it!
I may use this for my oily t-zone, but I will limit to once a week. The lactic acid from the yoghurt can be too harsh for your skin, especially if you are leaving it on for 10 min and more, make sure you are using a good moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Dauntlless

I eat yogurt everyday, greek-fat free honey.

I came across a recipe that uses 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of yogurt and 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder. It is absolutly fabulous, in fact I have it on right now!

I have tried this mask 2 times before and its been amazing, absolutley no problems. I love how you can make it homemade and cheap anyday!

TRY THIS AND BE ASTOUNDED

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by Morgan40ish

I mix this in with my Aztec clay to make a treatment mask. Wonderful.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by aestheticallychallenged

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have used plain yogurt as a mask for roughly two and a half months now and I can say that the results so far have been positive.

My skin has been troubled for years due to battling with both acne and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. The oiliness of my face has also been a thing that has made me feel really self-conscious. There had already been some improvement on my face thanks to contraception pills, however, some of the nasty zits kept forming, especially on my chin and mouth area.

At first I used this mask twice a week for 20 minutes at a time, then every other day. Now I'm quite happy with three times a week as then my skin will end up neither too dry nor too oily.

Ever since I first started using yogurt mask earlier this autumn I began to see improvement, especially on the texture of my skin. These days my skin is very smooth and soft, whereas before my skin was rather rough due to the long time use of benzoyl peroxide products. The zits that were very persistent on my chin before are not gone for good but they don't appear as often as they used to and their size has diminished. Right now I have only 2 zits on my chin whereas before there could have been as many as 7~9 (on my chin only)! Also, my face is no longer as oily as it used to be. I don't know if my PIH has improved but then again my PIH was very severe to begin with so it may take a long time before I will be able to see any major results.

All in all, plain yogurt seems to be the best mask I have tried so far. The results may not be that miraculous or immediate but in a long run it gives you some improvements and doesn't really cause any major harm (at least hasn't to me). I still hate how my skin looks like but I have to stress that the improvements provided by yogurt mask have made my daily life a lot more comfortable than before.

___Edit: I used plain yogurt on its own for about two months after which I decided to use oatmeal with it. The best decision I've ever made!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2012 12:13:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

I have very dry skin due to a med condition that kills off my moisture glands. I mention this in reviews because I lack any natural moisture barrier and so often have bad reactions to products, and in general, sensitive, reactive skin that is painfully dry. I try so many things in the hope something will improve my skin which is a tall order because the skin on my whole body is effected by this systemic condition.

I have been using this for one week every other day or so. Will update if my opinion changes. I've used plain, Greek yogurt, and apply enough to cover my face sufficiently.

It feels nice and cool going on. Then I smell like a vat of sour cream. Oh the things we do for beauty! Even applied thickly and still wet looking, I find it takes quite a lot of rinsing to remove. I have worn it between 5-20 min. The latter requires more effort to remove.

The result right after is skin with a semi odd feeling. It feels so firm, unually so. But looks clear, smooth too. My skin looks and feels calmer, smoother, after.

The irony is I dislike the taste of yogurt quite a lot but really like the results of using this mask.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 10:00:00 AM More reviews by valenetay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Here's my recipe:

1 tbs quick-cooking oats
1 tsp water
1 tbs plain yogurt

Mash up the oats and soften them with water, then mix in the yogurt, easy peasy! Spread the mixture on the face and massage it gently. Leave the mask on for 30 minutes then rinse off with warm water (this helps to remove the oats more easily). This gives really soft skin that's immediately brighter! Ingredients are so inexpensive and works so well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 8:20:00 AM More reviews by Mikakira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use yogurt masks frequently. I like to sometimes mix in a little honey, green tea leaves, or oatmeal and I always use full fat greek style yogurt. It leaves my skin feeling sooo soft and supple. oat meal or green tea acts as an exfoliant and clears away any grime and dead cells. Also green tea is high in caffeine & anti oxidants which does wonders for your skin.
All in all, I love this mask. its cheap, and easy to make/use, works really well. A+++