April 16, 2014 | 1560 users online

Skincare - Face - Avon - Anew Clinical Advanced Retexturizing Peel

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2008 10:43:00 PM More reviews by mudpud

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like these a lot, but when I followed the directions (using it 1x a day, every other day), my skin got upset and my face became rough and bumpy. I pulled back to using it 1-2x a week and the result is smooth, decongested and radiant skin. Yes, the first few times I used them it stung, but nothing major (I would, however, reconsider using them during those times of the month when my skin is more sensitive). Sometimes after using the pad on my face, I'll swipe it over my neck, chest, hands, or elbows, depending on how I feel that day...Stalk the website/catalogs for sales and buy them then, otherwise it's $25 for 30 pads.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2008 5:41:00 PM More reviews by lsilva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Leaves very sticky film behind, even uncomfortable, feeling on the skin. Also if you put some on the upper lips you'll get this horrible taste in your mouth. I have sensitive skin and it did not cause any irritation, but also didn't even out my skin at all. I was looking forward to try this product after I read good reviews in many places. I'm very sad to say this product did nothing for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2008 6:58:00 PM More reviews by kdelossantos

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My skin is like BUUUUUUUUUUTTER after only 2 uses. LOOOOOOOOOOVE this stuff. I have used other glycolic peel pads that burned like crazy and had non of the effects like this has given me. My skin has cleared up and is SUPER soft and smooth. I ordered 2 more jars since there is a special of buy 1 get 1 for $5. I can't WAIT to see how much better the results will be with continued use. These are a MUST have. They work great with SSC glycolic face wash and SCA 5 Esscentuals Face cream. EDIT(07/05/09)**** Never mind. Made me break out REALLY bad.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2008 11:11:00 AM More reviews by lisasmith

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using these pads for about a month and I'm getting brilliant results . I'm using them every other day as per the instructions , then following with anew alternative night treatment. My skin is so much calmer and smoother . Neither product makes my face sting at all which I think is a sign that these are the right products for me. The pads are very wet so there is plenty of product to do my neck and decollete as well as my face.
They haven't helped my age spots much but they have got rid of nearly all the lumps,bumps,itches,blackheads and dry patches.

UPDATE I'm just updating this review to say that in the long run these pads were just too 'active' for me and my skin became very dry and red. I tried cutting down to using them once a week ,but I think I'd become overly sensitive to them. A real shame.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2008 6:54:00 PM More reviews by LittleBear23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am on my second jar of these pads now. I use them about 2X a week and I think they work very well. I alternate with Philosophy micro-exfoliating pads and my skin looks really smooth. These feel a bit stronger to me than the Philosophy pads; so that's why I alternate use. Like other acid products these pads can make my skin REALLY itch for a few minutes if my face is even a little damp when I use them. So, I wait until my skin is dry to wipe it over my face, neck, and the tops of my hands. Other than the brief itching if my skin is damp my skin tolerates this product really well. I don't really understand why one side of the pad is bumpy and one side is smooth, but I guess it doesn't really matter. Oh, this price is excellent. My last jar only cost $14 on the Avon website.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2008 9:40:00 PM More reviews by princesslexy

Well, I decided I needed to try a strong AHA product for chemical exfoliation as I think I have 'sticky' skin cells i.e. sluggish cell turnover leading to clogged pores and spots. (I should mention here that I'm on doxycycline to treat my acne, the avon peel pads are merely to address my remaining dull ,clogged, acne-mark skin problems. I doubt they could combat acne on their own). I read an interview with a dermatologist in Allure mag saying that glycolic acid is the 'gold standard' in skin care. It bothers me that these pads don't say what % glycolic acid they have, I like to know that type of thing. I know it must be high though, as I'm seeing a much bigger effect (and they sting more, haha) than avene diacneal which has 6%. Anyways these yokes do the trick. They do a super job on exfoliation-my skin is the brightest, most even-textured and clear-pored it has ever been. I must add that I only use the pads at night, and in the morning I moisturise with Murad replenishing serum or skinceuticals B5 serum. Serums moisturise without causing more breakouts as serum particles are smaller and penetrate the skin better than thick moisturisers, which can lead to clogged pores. I cant remember where I heard that....I think it was my GP told me or my derm. Or maybe I read it in a magazine....Anyway I'm going off on a tangent here. What was I talking about? The avon peel pads...ah yes...I use sunscreen (a DDF one if you're interested...) with these because AHAs make your skin more sensitive to the sun. And as I said, coupled with the antibiotics this is a GREAT regime for my skin. Very happy with these. Not too expensive either. Don't leave the tub open or they'll dry out....they work well on the chest and back too...I think that's all I can say about them. If you're reading this review and it makes no sense PM me and I'll come back and redo it, cos it's 3am here and I'm quite drunk so I don't know how coherent I'm being right now.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2008 8:33:00 PM More reviews by kwhite1122

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I came across this item on the Avon site and after reading the reviews there I had to give it a shot. It took me a couple of weeks to notice significant changes - but now my skin is perfectly clear - even prevents hormonal breakouts. I usually buy it when it is on sale for $15 from avon.com. Love this product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2008 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Joseibi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my very first Avon purchase - I just wanted to get rid of some minor acne scars that nothing else seems to be able to get rid of. I bought this at full price, but it was the best CDN$35 I had ever spent! This is a glycolic acid product so expect some light tingle, which my sensitive skin got used to very quickly (after maybe 4 uses). It kept my skin clear and got rid of all the acne scars. My skin is so flawless and I swear it only took maybe 2 weeks of using every other day! I was so impressed by this I bought the Avon Anew Triple Lifting night cream and both of these worked like magic for me!! I am 32, with fair, dehydrated combo skin by the way and I am slightly towards the sensitive side. I am waiting for this to go on sale but if it doesn't, I will gladly pay full price!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2008 11:32:00 PM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this product, but I can't say I notice any difference in my skin. After reading the reviews here and on Avon's site, I decided to try it. I haven't noticed any improvement in oiliness, zits, fine lines, or clearer pores. I'm glad it's working for most others, but I wouldn't buy this again. The funky residue it leaves doesn't help either... I have to put moisturizer on after to get rid of the sticky/tacky feeling on my skin. Yuck!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2008 8:41:00 AM More reviews by cvdaniels

I love this product!!!!!! It is wonderful and makes my skin very soft and clears any problem areas. I
The only con is that it is a little pricey.I CAN TELL A HUGE DIFFERENCE WHEN I AM USING THIS. MY SKIN GLOWS.