Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow Quad

3.0

on 5/14/2010 10:01:00 AM

Colors, packaging and price are all good BUT even with a primer underneath, I get creasing and the colors don't look good beyond 3-4 hours of wear. My lids aren't even that oily usually either.

on 5/9/2010 2:46:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Works for me, but I don't have oily lids, so it doesn't seem to crease as much. I also wear my shadow fairly sheer anyway, so I'm thinking this creme is best if you don't want strong color. Works well for sheer and makes an okay base, though I prefer E.LF.'s creme shadows as base.

on 4/30/2010 1:34:00 PM

I have the black magic palette, that comes with a shimmery white-silver, shimmery black, Shimmery magenta-purple, and a plain white.

Pros: Like the others on here, I think this is an awesome, affordable base that can make colorful powder shadows look crazy great. It is buildable... if you're very careful.

Cons: I don't know how to apply this to avoid clumps and have control of where the product goes. Fingers eliminate the clumps, but it ends up all over and sheer, so I typically use a sponge wand. It does settle into creases like nothing I've ever seen, but then again, this is my first shadow. The cream isn't very creamy, either- more like thick, sticky vaseline. And the color payoff, with minimal effort, is inexistent.

But even though there are more cons than pros, I do plan on buying more from this line. I'm not entirely sure why I like these so darned much, but I do.

on 4/25/2010 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

These cream shadows do not stay on long at all. Especially if you have oily lids. The colors do look good and are buildable but it doesn't last.

on 4/17/2010 3:40:00 PM

I have 3 of these Quads. They are sooo pretty. They have good color pay off. I haven;t had a problem with creasing so long as I use a primer underneath. these are good on their own or as bases.

I wanted to like this product, but it creases almost immediately, even with an eyeshadow primer. The colors are pretty, but I can't stand having my eyeshadow all creased :(

on 3/31/2010 12:47:00 AM

Creased on my oily lids a lot (without primer), didn't help to use powder shadow over it to set, went straight to the trash, never looked back.

on 3/24/2010 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

***Please click "continued" for pictures! Look for the color reviews for more specificity.***

Of all of the Illuminance quads, I have Not Just Nudes and love this one the most. There's a light matte cream that's perfect for highlighting, a shimmery taupe that reminds me of MAC's Satin Taupe that's great for everyday wear, a matte warm brown, and a rich shimmery dark taupe that's great for augmenting a smoky eye.

The colors are great by themselves if I feel like using something different on my eye, but also make a wonderful secondary "base" to make shadows stick better to my eyelids and give them better staying power and color payoff. I think the staying power on this is quite good, and all of the colors are winners.

I also love the chic black palette with small clear plastic circles so you can see the shades - much better than the new packaging I am starting to see pop up in the stores, which have a lid that is completely clear. These seem more sturdy to me. Give this a try, especially if you can find a Revlon BOGO free sale!

The closed compact so you can see the packaging.

The open compact, to show you the colors. The second-to-the-left and the one on the far right are shimmery.

The colors, swatched on my arm. My face is NC25 in MAC, but my arm is darker - maybe NC30 or NC35?

The swatches on my arm, adjacent to the compact.

The closed compact so you can see the packaging.

The open compact, to show you the colors. All of the colors have at least a little bit of shimmer, though it's hardly noticeable in the pink shade.

The colors, swatched on my arm right next to the compact. My face is NC25 in MAC, but my arm is darker - maybe NC30 or NC35?

If you've enjoyed the pictures, please mark my review as helpful! Thanks. :) continued >>

on 1/15/2010 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

worst worsty worst of the worst.
crease city
too expensive
its like putting vaseline on your lids
actually its even worse - sometimes even vaseline as a light moisturiser will make shadows stick.

on 1/15/2010 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I loooooove these but NOT AS SHADOWS!!!! They suck as shadows, but as a base they are fantastic. I I own them all pretty much and they really make a great base on top pf a primer. So for that purpose they are fantatastic.

Popular Eye Shadows